RE 2 Remake story vs 1998 story

tosSx17

I've finished Leon 1st and Claire 2nd and I'm quite bothered by the was the story unfolds

Spoiler

In both run we solve the same puzzles, like extinguishing the helicopter's fire, getting the three medallions and we also met the Tyrant in the same exact way.
There is a lot of repetition and the story ofc, doesn't make any sense this way.

If the we kills the Tyrant as Leon after he powers up, how can we also see it killed by G during Claire B?
How come in both Leon A and Claire B we fight both enemies, G and the Tyrant?

The original game was offering a much more congruent story, with very little overlap and fighting different enemies. 
Leon A was fighting William Birkin, Claire was dealing with Mr.X and viceversa.

Is no one bothered on how the story unfolds in this new game?

Aside from that I really enjoyed the game and I will play it more ofc.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tosSx17 said:

I've finished Leon 1st and Claire 2nd and I'm quite bothered by the was the story unfolds

Hide contents

In both run we solve the same puzzles, like extinguishing the helicopter's fire, getting the three medallions and we also met the Tyrant in the same exact way.
There is a lot of repetition and the story ofc, doesn't make any sense this way.

If the we kills the Tyrant as Leon after he powers up, how can we also see it killed by G during Claire B?

The original game was offering a much more congruent story, with very little overlap and fighting different enemies. 

I am bothered... very. Since the story is the most important thing to me in games,

Spoiler

re2 remake and its scenarios are a joke. As you said no logic whatsoever, I didn't want to look at the trophies until I finished everything, meaning i got 4 scenarios and HUNK, expecting, since I started with Leon first, that Claire 2nd run (B scenario) is going to be a little different, oh but nooo, 95% everything is the same LOL. So I could easily earn the platinum, since I beat the game 5 times, now I will have to beat it 4 more times.

So, we have one story with Leon A and Claire B, and second story with Claire A and Leon B where characters just change places and still everything is again the same.

In one story, Leon and Claire surely couldn't fight the 3 same bosses in the same locations and in Claire scenario Mr.X gets killed by Birkin.

Only thing that someone can argue with this is that A scenario takes way ahead of scenario B, and that there are 2 Mr.X's. That's it. 

I first thought that A/B scenarios wont be in the game, everyone wrote about it and frikin developers said it also. It would be much cooler if it only had 2 campaigns with each character or one campaign where you change between them, and remake should put a definite story but with this, every scenario is a "what if" scenario.

Original had the mixed story also, but they managed it much better, and Claire A/Leon B scenarios are canon in the original.

Capcom probably thinks we are stupid or something, and I gave the game perfect 10 on my first playthrough, but as a whole, I would give 7 or barely 8.

Now I wonder, what if they wanted to make second scenario much better but Crapcom cut it and said release it as it is?

Edited by Ptirle

As in the first remake, there are parts that have been improvised and others that have been forgotten such the meeting between leon with claire in the STARS room or even licker passing the window in the reception room for the first time. even so I don't get bored because the game in terms of gameplay is much better

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 8:33 PM, tosSx17 said:

Hide contents

Theres alot of stuff that happens in the OG as well that makes no sense. Leon does things in A and B that claire does as well which logically wouldnt be possible. Just treat them as what if scenarios. Not all of them are canon.

• Like 2

A scenario is just that, a scenario. I'm not bothered in the slightest by similar situations unfolding when you play as either character if you take into consideration all that is different.

Just not something I'm keen on taking issue with, especially when the first game had similar runs with A/B scenarios.

These puzzles kinda thing in games I think capcom tried  much as they can to keep the game close to original. And make the game less heavier. 

However, if you sync everything between 2 scenes the save file will required more space and details. And auto save and load game will take longer and maybe crash easier. 

Also I think one more limited here is technology not power enough for all our requesting.

Coming to this remake I like it a lot more than original. Assist mode so much for original resident evil fan. I WOULD LOVE CAPCOM MAKE MORE Resident Evil game like this. Revaluation 1 is so much weird to me. And now go back to classic zombie wow I just love it a lot more. Cannot wait for 3 remake or 1 or dead aim. Or survivor. 

If they do remake 3 and outbreak are these game based on same structure and environment. They may save more time. 

I wonder if they release DLC about Ada stories. It will be awesomely present for resident evil fan special Ada's fan :)

52 minutes ago, DeJaSenti said:

These puzzles kinda thing in games I think capcom tried  much as they can to keep the game close to original. And make the game less heavier. 

However, if you sync everything between 2 scenes the save file will required more space and details. And auto save and load game will take longer and maybe crash easier. 

Also I think one more limited here is technology not power enough for all our requesting.

Coming to this remake I like it a lot more than original. Assist mode so much for original resident evil fan. I WOULD LOVE CAPCOM MAKE MORE Resident Evil game like this. Revaluation 1 is so much weird to me. And now go back to classic zombie wow I just love it a lot more. Cannot wait for 3 remake or 1 or dead aim. Or survivor. 

If they do remake 3 and outbreak are these game based on same structure and environment. They may save more time. 

I wonder if they release DLC about Ada stories. It will be awesomely present for resident evil fan special Ada's fan :)

Literally none of what you just posted forms a coherent sentence...

On 1/27/2019 at 8:33 PM, tosSx17 said:

I've mentioned this in another thread, but yes, this is one of the very few things I don't like about the remake. Unlike the original, the "B" scenarios make absolutely no sense story-wise and are only worth playing for the true ending. I really don't know why they did this, I guess they must've run out of time or money. It's a disappointment for fans of the 1998 game, but what can you do.

Concerning the fact exists a theory of several mr.x's during the game, only this way certain events are understood.
in the original game you can see the helicopter with several cases and only shows one to fall on the RPD. another good fact that i noticed in this remake there is a mr.x with gps chip and another with a hat without the chip
Maybe they have been released in certain places of the game, but it's all just theories

And yes the story is a bit unfolded, even though i played RE2 about over 15 years I still remember something. xD

Since they implemented new things in this remake, they could make the main story of claire / leon less repetitive
Scenarios B's are exactly the same thing, only changes the beginning part and the true end.

That's why (for me) i don't trade any old games for remakes

It bothered me that since A and B scenarios are supposed to run concurrently, as shown in moments such as the conversation through the gate...

Spoiler

they couldn't both have collected the medallions, or both broke the bell to get the electronic part, or both retrieved the chess plugs

We play as one character's route to the train while seeing moments that tell us the other character has also ended up coming down the same way but either slightly ahead of or behind us. But while playing as that other character later on, unless someone else put items back to be recovered again, it just doesn't work in terms of continuity.

In short:

Spoiler

"in the canon of resident evil, who opened the secret passage with the medallions?"

3 hours ago, Spudgun20 said:

It bothered me that since A and B scenarios are supposed to run concurrently, as shown in moments such as the conversation through the gate...

Hide contents

they couldn't both have collected the medallions, or both broke the bell to get the electronic part, or both retrieved the chess plugs

We play as one character's route to the train while seeing moments that tell us the other character has also ended up coming down the same way but either slightly ahead of or behind us. But while playing as that other character later on, unless someone else put items back to be recovered again, it just doesn't work in terms of continuity.

In short:

Hide contents

"in the canon of resident evil, who opened the secret passage with the medallions?"

isn't it supposed to be A with A and B with B that run concurrently and not A & B?

and yeah, about Mr.X - there have to be more than one because how would the Mr. X from the Parking Garage get to Ada Wong without encountering Leon, who's sleeping in the sewers? ;)

Yeah, the story inconsistencies were kinda jarring since both Leon and Claire get to exprience the exact same events and bosses. Still, i really loved the sister dynamic between Claire and Sherry and Leon and Ada's relashionship.

It sucks that they removed some of the more memorable scenes of the original, but i still feel that RE2 Remake is the superior game in terms of story.