Are you kidding me? 2.0

Hunter226037

This might not be as difficult as AC3 but it is far more tedious. The amount of collectibles in this game... Only God can help me now. 

The amount of podcasts I have listened to while getting all the godforsaken chests is too many to count. It doesnt help that Arno controls like a motorized bar of soap when trying to climb things. I hate collectibles with every bone in my body.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hunter226037 said:

This might not be as difficult as AC3 but it is far more tedious. The amount of collectibles in this game... Only God can help me now. 

The amount of podcasts I have listened to while getting all the godforsaken chests is too many to count. It doesnt help that Arno controls like a motorized bar of soap when trying to climb things. I hate collectibles with every bone in my body.

Ahh it's not that bad. I listened to a ton of interviews/music too going for the Unity plat, hell, any AC plat tbh but you can do it. In the process of doing it with AC Rouge right now myself. I am actually setting myself up for failure because I haven't even started Odyssey yet while AC 3 and Liberation Remastered come out on March 29. I am totally going to be burnt out on collectibles by mid summer.

I actually though AC Unity controlled really well if you used the buttons right. I would love to use that system rather than the super clunky Rouge movement I am right now.

Edited by skateak

2 hours ago, Hunter226037 said:

Ahahaha we are doing the same games, i also just started out after finishing Black Flag. I have also already some podcasts prepared for after i finish the story. I noticed you did already part of the DLC, any reason for that?

20 hours ago, DeathShark22 said:

Ahahaha we are doing the same games, i also just started out after finishing Black Flag. I have also already some podcasts prepared for after i finish the story. I noticed you did already part of the DLC, any reason for that?

Yeah I do have a reason. The Eagle of Sugar is OP as fuck. It has the ability to stun all the nearby enemies along with having extreme damage.

On 7-2-2019 at 7:12 AM, skateak said:

I haven't even started Odyssey yet while AC 3 and Liberation Remastered come out on March 29. I am totally going to be burnt out on collectibles by mid summer.

Good news is Odyssey doesn't have collectible trophies. ? At least not in the conventional way, it depends how one sees collectibles.

• Like 1

It is dull so so dull and I haven't got them all yet, taking a break and playing origins which is a breath of fresh air. I accidently entered dead kings dlc having not finished the main game bit and now cba finishing a mission to return back. Origins is a huge world, It may take me years to get through these huge games. Loving it though and keen to get odyssey. 

• 3 months later...

Unity is definitely one I consider to be one of the worst Assassins Creed games. 

The story was boring and predictable, the characters are forgettable, the map is a clusterfuck of collectibles and boring side quests, the gameplay is shitty with the controls having a 1 - 2 second delay and the guards are just too overwhelming. 

The graphics are good and Paris itself looks great. Those are the only things I have really enjoyed with Unity. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve collected every collectible in all the AC games I’ve played until this point, they aren’t so bad, my worst one out the lot has to be AC3 it was immensely tedious, not just collecting but the voice acting on main character was dull, the best character in the game dies way too fast, too much to do for 100% and wading around slowly in that snow really annoyed me, it’s just a step down from any of the others I’ve played, the best is 4 for me, though I’m still to play Syndicate and Origins, I’d happily go for chests in creed games than grinding online for months at a time 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Don't know how many hours I spent on Unity to plat it, before I gave up on the last remaining DLC trophies. Remember how annoying the game was, but yesterday I thought "what the hell, I wanna finish it after 5 years". Took only a couple of hours before the game really upset me again. Guess now I know why Unity was the last AC I played and never bothered to try any of its sequels after that...

5 minutes ago, Skargarim said:

Don't know how many hours I spent on Unity to plat it, before I gave up on the last remaining DLC trophies. Remember how annoying the game was, but yesterday I thought "what the hell, I wanna finish it after 5 years". Took only a couple of hours before the game really upset me again. Guess now I know why Unity was the last AC I played and never bothered to try any of its sequels after that...

AC:Origins and AC:Odyssey are completely different from a collectibles point of view. I'd recommend Odyssey as you don't really have anything collectible related to do in that one. I loved the setting of AC:Unity, but I got fatigued with it because of the collectibles. I never understood how in Unity there was a trophy to pick everything up, but not one for the Paris stories, which would have made far more sense to me. Same deal with AC:Syndicate - I loved the setting and story, didn't like the collection related stuff.

Origins and Odyssey are much better experiences on that front. Both games are huge undertakings though, the map in Odyssey especially is densely packed with quest content and huge to boot. In short - AC:Unity and Syndicate were the last of their kind. Odyssey was a bit of a breath of fresh air for me in the franchise and for the first time i'm really excited for the possible viking era creed game coming in future.