this game single handedly wrecked my ps3

rockstarjazz

seriously, fuck this game, especially the ps3 version.

i've had my ps3 for 4 years and played many games, some very demanding to the console like gta5. but evil within has pretty much broken my ps3. never before had i had so many crashes as i had with this game. especially the stupid 'checkpoint' and 'saving' prompts displayed, those make me nervous because even a button press while that is shown can freeze and crash the console.

then when turning it on, upon trying to do a restore, it gets stuck, which means restarting my ps3 from scratch again. i've done this so many times for this game it has really pissed me off.

this is the only time i had to pay to use PS plus to upload my saves incase it happens again and lo and behold, it does.

FUCK THIS GAME. it causes the ps3 to crash so much that its wrecked my hard drive and console. upon resetting the ps3 to factory settings for the nth time, and trying to play the game to finish up trophies, i get stuck on 'loading profile'. it does nothing. then it crashes.

i hate this version of the game SO much the god damned developers should have tested this!!

This is why when I look at games and if they have different stacks for both PS3 and PS4, I generally buy the PS4 version simply because it has better stability and it runs better.

Now I played Darksiders on the PS3. But that was a time when the game was initially made for the PS3/360/PC, so it was able to run on those systems without issues. So I had no real need to play Darksiders: Warmastered Edition on the PS4 even though I would of seen a higher framerate and touched up graphics.

If you play Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and Batman TellTale on the PS3 you are bound to run into issues. I've been very hesitant to buy or borrow Wolfenstein: The New Order simply because it's not going to run as well on an older console, and I'm going to run into framerate issues. The game ran great on the PS4 when I played through it.

54 minutes ago, RayCharlizard said:

If the hard drive is truly the root of the issue, then yes. Only one way to find out though.

i wish GL to that fixing the problem if it does it will potentially save you 100-150$ or more. saves will be gone but the ps3 will be up and running.

@rockstarjazz Forget about the game causing your HD to flip out, that didn't do it. If your HD is trash, they are pretty cheap and easy to replace. I've done it on the PS3 and PS4. There are many places on the net that can help you with how to set up the HD, install it and get back up and running. Here is an example:

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/gaming/how-to-upgrade-your-ps3-hard-drive-1285911

• 7 months later...