Who is your favorite PlayStation Mascot? (Plat Cast Topic)

Bushido7745785

3 hours ago, EmaNGR94 said:

Hi @Bushido7745785, what a neat idea for a podcast! I'm wondering where I can find any previous entries of it, it'd be nice to hear about it.

Back on topic now! Although not being quite the mascot nor having any sort of exclusivity on the console itself in recent days, I'd say that the character that represents PlayStation the most, for me, it's definitely HER.

lara-croft-tomb-raider.jpg?itok=hipDdwWm

Lara Croft, the iconic main character of Tomb Raider, is my favourite ever PlayStation mascot. The series itself, Tomb Raider, was an action-adventure with a huge focus on puzzle-solving, with Lara exploring ancient tombs and dealing with lost civilizations. It was pioneeristic back in the days and worldwide famous, mostly thanks to its protagonist and her charisma (and yes, quite unfortunately also thanks to her more than generous cleavage...) and, although having lost a lot of what really made her character a ture PlayStation icon, I still believe that Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are still recognized as ones of the most famous 90's PlayStation mascot.

Naughty Dog's Crash Bandicoot would definitely be my 2nd choice, and it's not a coincidence that Nathan Drake it's deservedly recognized as today's PlayStation mascot. 

If anything she was a sega mascot for the first game, since it came out on the Saturn before the playstation

10 hours ago, joeyc138 said:

So many great Playstation mascots from my childhood have gone multiplatform so it seems like I kind of have to dig for an answer. Twenty years ago I would have easily said Solid Snake or Cloud but current day would probably be Nathan Drake as even Crash and Spyro are on the Xbox now.

I would say Solid Snake as well...but we all know my boy went multiplatform.

I guess young Kratos or Kiryu. I can't choose between the two.

• Like 1

I'd actually go with Sackboy

Image result for sackboy littlebigplanet 2

For as plain as he is I think that he is the most unique out of the PlayStation mascots. The little guy just emits the word "fun" while all of the others are designed to look badass or cool. It is a shame that Media Molecule is not the power house that they were for PS3. I miss those days

Also special shoutout to Kevin Butler who totally counts as a PlayStation mascot. His demeanor and the Dear Playstation ads led the PS3 comeback in 2011

• Like 2

I'm going to go with Spider-Man

Whilst not always an exclusive character to the Playstation, I can't help but feel he belongs on the platform. My first ever game on PS1 was Neversofts Spider-Man, then on the PS2 I'd spend hours swinging the streets of New York in Spider-Man 2 which I did again last year on Insomniacs incredible exclusive on the PS4. Also lets not forget the PS3 originally had the same freaking font as the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films.

Yeah he's been on other platforms over the years but when I think Spider-Man, I think Playstation.

• Like 1

how the heck is no one mentioning aloy? she was clearly advertised as a new mascot for sony and I believe she got what it takes

actually if we speak of someone who is still in active duty, there is only aloy

nathan drake's story is done

sackboy? well, last entry was the end for the series i guess

hunter from bloodborne? nah, too sinister

crash and spyro are multiplatform

The PlayStation Classic.

Or the PlayStation Now Logo.

Or the 32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card.

Or the DualShock 4 Internal Battery.

Or Mr. Gruff White Biker Man from Days Gone.

Or a single Stub from MLB The Show.

Edited by crauuecrauue

12 minutes ago, J3dP89 said:

how the heck is no one mentioning aloy? she was clearly advertised as a new mascot for sony and I believe she got what it takes

actually if we speak of someone who is still in active duty, there is only aloy

I think it's because Aloy is pretty bland both in design and personality, especially compared to other Playstation characters. Also, Kratos is still active and the better choice. 

• 5 months later...