Amazon ends poll due to ps4 blowout.

drummerklg

It's one thing holding these types of polls as it costs nothing to press a 'Like' button.

When people start putting money where their mouth is, that will probably show a different picture.

I still think the PS4 will outsell the XB1, but only time and sales will tell the truth.

It's one thing holding these types of polls as it costs nothing to press a 'Like' button.

When people start putting money where their mouth is, that will probably show a different picture.

I still think the PS4 will outsell the XB1, but only time and sales will tell the truth.

Agreed.

I still wouldn't count out MS just yet.

Sales figures matter more than popular vote.

My thoughts as well. Just like the massive Steam group to boycott Modern Warfare 2 where over half of the members were playing MW2, I think a lot of people are going to purchase an Xbox One even though their policies are ridiculous. 

I always buy both systems because I love gaming and can justify the purchase based on the exclusives, but even though I'd love to play Forza 5 I refuse to support Microsoft's bullshit in the console industry and absolutely will not purchase an Xbone unless those policies are changed. Since I don't see that happening it looks like the PlayStation 4 (and possibly Wii U) will be my gaming machines next generation. 

Parker

This is awesome.  :shakefist:

I don't want to be immature and a fanboy but I'm really enjoying all this because of the experience I've had with Xbox fanboys.

Back in the fall of 2008 I decided to finally get a PS3. $499 for an 80GB with MGS4..... I was willing to pay that. For me this decision was really a no-brainer. I loved my PS2 to death, I bought mine on the release day and it didn't stop working until the summer of 08. I had a large library of PS1 & 2 titles (the model I got was backwards compatible) and Sony has always had better exclusives. I had played my cousins Xbox, it was nice, Halo 2 was a good but not worth abandoning Sony after more than a decade of fun and amazing gaming experiences; and I wasn't willing to spend the money to get both systems, that would leave me with less money for games. You also had the issue with the 50% failure rate, I don't care that MS would give you a new one. Whatever it is, a cellphone, refrigerator, car..... a fucking toaster, if it's has a 50% chance of breaking down on me in the first 3 years I'm not going to buy it. 

So it was the obvious choice for me and when i mentioned this to my co-workers and acquaintances (I wouldn't call them friends) I couldn't believe the response. I didn't say Xbox sucks, is a piece of shit or people who play it are losers. It was simply "I'm stoked, I'm finally getting a PS3 in the next couple weeks." The response floored me, there was at least a dozen people who took this personally, who tried to argue with me and challenge my decision. There was one guy in particular that every time we were on a project together would go on for an hour or more about how much better the Xbox was. This conversation repeated itself with him probably 15 times over the course of two or three weeks. It was as if his financial well being or worse his very life was at stake if I didn't buy one. 

"Buying a PS3 over an Xbox 360 is stupid", "You're stupid", "If you do that you're a fucking retard" This is what I heard leading up to and for several weeks after I purchased my PS3. I worked with probably 12-15 guys that were serious gamers (all Xbox) and only one single solitary guy didn't give me shit for it. 

I should have gotten over it but I've always carried some animosity over that experience. I had no issue with Xbox before then, it just wasn't for me. But for so many people to take it personally, it really jaded my opinion of the system and the people who use it. So maybe I'm acting immature, maybe it's childish but from February 20th to E3 I been loving every minute of this.   

As a side note: My PS3 is still running strong. It's no longer an 80GB, but a beefy 7200rpm 750BG..........  

IMG_1297.jpg:wub:

One of the best things I have read because, minus a few details, this same exact anecdote applies to me. I thank you for that. :)