Share Play Sessions causing problems

If a trophy is too difficult for you to earn then you simply do not deserve to earn said trophy. 

There are a ton of people who caved in and asked someone to shareplay the trophy Brutality 101 in Batman: Arkham Knight because they couldn’t be bothered to let that trophy go or spend time practicing to execute 15 different combat moves. 

Instead of being patient and persistent they let somebody else they do not know at all do the work for them. That’s not the same as handing the controller over to a friend or family member. 

If Wolfenstein 2 was a lot more popular we would probably see a couple requests to shareplay Mein Leben. 

Boosting is getting a bunch of online players to get trophies in games where the servers are dead or the trophies are too frustrating to get through natural means. You still have to put in your share of the work, and it barely is classified as cheating. 

Shareplay to me is no different than paying somebody to earn trophies for you through a trophy service. You didn’t truly earn those trophies, but you got them anyway because you were too lazy or something was beyond your skill.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

I wanna have someone share play an easy trophy like pay for the game and start it.

Anyone here up for that brutal task?

But yeah I don't give a shit what anyone does anymore.

If people wanna use share play and brag then you do you.

Or they may as well just pay someone through a trophy service to use your account and earn all the trophies in a game. Same ordeal. 

lol! I've been letting my brother unlock a few trophies for me on certain games because he was so addicted to the said game and wants to enjoy unlocking some of the trophies that he find fun to go after them after he done with the game on his account and the two ALT account we have and i'm letting him to unlock them. the only games he helped me with is..

-TLOU, I'm more interested in the single player mode of this game, as my brother is more into the online mode, he saw me unlocked every single story mode trophy and never bothered much with the online as i only unlocked the easiest online trophies with a friend online and i left the game like that.. he stepped in and did all the rest of the online mode and even popped up the Plat to me.

- RE2 Remake, after I wasted my time watching an S rank guide for this game with my brother, a guide that was made by a YouTuber called Darkness, my brother who was now obsessed with this game unlocked the two S rank trophies for me while I was sleeping, I think he was trying to return the favor that I platted and 100% half the games that on his account, I never got upset by this at all, though I had to do the annoying Hunk run on my account and his and boy it's frustrating!

all i'm saying is that if you have a family member that you're helping each other is fine, but paying a stranger to do a trophy for you via share play?.... I never expected that, I mean "PAYING??" are you this desperate for the said platinum?

Edited by yellowwindow7

Before joining this site/forum , I naively thought that shareplay is something like " oh I don't have money for game X , maybe my friend will let me play it for a bit through shareplay until I can buy it" ,at least that's what I thought it was. Now I see that people go and PAY just that someone earns trophies ... virtual blings with no value O_O boy oh boy. I mean ok I once received a message to platinum for someone the Ezio Collection but I thought it's just some weird scam so I ignored it. Damn that's actually a thing? xD 

...ok everyone can use shareplay as they wish not my place to impose rules or anything, PERSONALLY (in bold + italic and a dash of underline) i think asking a stranger shareplaying for trophies (+paying?WTFSAUVIAE)  is... abit lame? like why are you even playing then? just for a virtual ding that improves a virtual score that brings you...nothing? 

Oh well I guess I will be happy that I busted my ass for Batman Arkham Asylum platinum without external help.

Meh, I'm tempted to ask someone to do Cheep Cheap for me since I had done it once but the save system is so convoluted that I somehow overwrote it while trying to do the remix stages and I can't for the life of me do it again. I fucking hate that shit. If it actually worked then I wouldn't mind doing it, but it's literally broken. Hell, I wish I could share play it to myself. Maybe the input lag would make it easier. I haven't touched the game since. And I would like to plat it, but I do not want to have to deal with that bullshit again.

Share Play is great for getting local co-op/MP trophies with others when there's nobody locally you can do it with. I think that should be what people should use it for. But it's not my profile.

edit;... doesn't help that the song feels like it's mocking you with it's bullshit lyrics. just saying. It's like they purposefully broke the timing just to fuck with you and that was key to the remaster, to leave that broken bullshit intact.

Edited by Elvick_

15 hours ago, Spaz said:

If a trophy is too difficult for you to earn then you simply do not deserve to earn said trophy. 

There are a ton of people who caved in and asked someone to shareplay the trophy Brutality 101 in Batman: Arkham Knight because they couldn’t be bothered to let that trophy go or spend time practicing to execute 15 different combat moves. 

Instead of being patient and persistent they let somebody else they do not know at all do the work for them. That’s not the same as handing the controller over to a friend or family member. 

If Wolfenstein 2 was a lot more popular we would probably see a couple requests to shareplay Mein Leben. 

Boosting is getting a bunch of online players to get trophies in games where the servers are dead or the trophies are too frustrating to get through natural means. You still have to put in your share of the work, and it barely is classified as cheating. 

Shareplay to me is no different than paying somebody to earn trophies for you through a trophy service. You didn’t truly earn those trophies, but you got them anyway because you were too lazy or something was beyond your skill.

Sony implemented the feature. It isn’t against their TOS or the site’s. You’re entitled to your opinion, but I fail to see the merit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

Sony implemented the feature. It isn’t against their TOS or the site’s. You’re entitled to your opinion, but I fail to see the merit.

People have shareplayed their trophies and paid others to get trophies for them. The difference is one is supported by Sony, the other isn't.

8 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

It is different when counted on a trophy tracking website such as this.

Not really. Who knows how many people have had a buddy come over and help out? I am sure it is more than you think. Personally, none of my face to face friends play so that isn’t an option for me, but when I was in grade school everyone did it. Shareplay is an acknowledgment of the practice by Sony and sessions are an acknowledgment by the site.

Not to drag this up again but it's kind of by the same token, what about team accounts (not even sure if these are tracked on this site anymore).  What would be the difference between a team account and someone using shareplay to unlock trophies, having NOT paid for them.  In both cases there are multiple people earning trophies on the same account...I think it would be nice to flag these accounts as team accounts or flag individual trophies that were earned in shareplay but at the end of the day I could care less what other people are doing...

7 hours ago, stupid0089 said:

Not to drag this up again but it's kind of by the same token, what about team accounts (not even sure if these are tracked on this site anymore).  What would be the difference between a team account and someone using shareplay to unlock trophies, having NOT paid for them.  In both cases there are multiple people earning trophies on the same account...I think it would be nice to flag these accounts as team accounts or flag individual trophies that were earned in shareplay but at the end of the day I could care less what other people are doing...

It is way too minor of an issue to track or prove and like you said, who cares what other people are doing. As long as people are not hacking, I have no problem with this kind of stuff. I think most tend to agree. Let’s try and stay positive because at the end of the day we can only control ourselves.