Share Play Sessions causing problems

27 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

We equate it to a friend sitting on the couch with you and you pass the controller to them to help with a trophy.

Unless you post a video of you getting the trophies by yourself this should be reason to be taken off the leaderboards imo if you get caught and especially if the trophies have low ach. rates. You're a fraud, YOU didn't earn the trophy, there's no difference between giving money to a stranger or asking a friend to get you a trophy as a favor. Why is that allowed again? Share Play should disable trophies.

• Like 2

I personally think the site should remove the option to create a shareplay session. The site has other rules against cheating and getting someone else to get a trophy for you is definitely 100% cheating. If you get someone else to Do something for you in life no matter what it is it is consider cheating. Also the people that make these sessions probabaly tried a few times and gave up without putting any actual time or effort in to do it themselves because if they actually did they would have the trophy.

Edited by rolltideroll157

52 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I've always taken down any Share Play sessions which ask for money (because that's obviously not allowed), however Share Play alone has always been allowed since the feature was added even though it's cheap. We equate it to a friend sitting on the couch with you and you pass the controller to them to help with a trophy. And honestly, I'd be impressed if someone actually managed to get an extremely difficult trophy that requires precision because of the 1 - 2 second lag that Share Play has, it's just hard to work with for difficult games lol

I completely agree. I know that we have all passed the controller to our actual friends locally at some point during our lives. Before internet gaming it used to be tradition.

Just remember guys, don’t let someone’s methods diminish your accomplishment. What some people choose to do says nothing about who you are and what you have accomplished. You can choose to either let others define you or choose to define yourself.

• Like 2

On 15.03.2019 at 4:41 PM, KaKrackle said:

If you cant get the trophy yourself, then you don’t deserve to have it. Simple as that.

Is it that simple though? Using someone’s help in regular boosting sessions to get some normally hard to achieve trophies contradicts your point.

My opinion about Share Play is live and let be. As long as it doesn’t negatively affect others people gaming experience it should be fine.

Edited by Se7en
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Se7en said:

Is it that simple though? Using someone’s help in regular boosting sessions to get some normally hard to achieve trophies contradicts your point.

My opinion about Share Play is live and let be. As long as it doesn’t negatively affect others people gaming experience it should be fine.

It doesn’t contradict my point at all, and It really is that simple. If your passing the controller to someone so they can do a trophy for you then your cheating.

Shareplay should be used for Boosting and co op purposes only ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

It doesn’t contradict my point at all

It does. Trophies unlocked during boosting session aren’t gotten by yourself as supposed but with a deliberate help from someone else.

9 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

If your passing the controller to someone so they can do a trophy for you then your cheating.

Define “cheating”, please.

As usual, people are trying to enforce their own opinion on what is cheating and what not onto others. It's pointless. Boosting, handing your controller to a mate or getting trophies through shareplay is not flaggable on this website. That should be the end of the discussion for anyone who values their sanity.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Se7en said:

It does. Trophies unlocked during boosting session aren’t gotten by yourself as supposed but with a deliberate help from someone else.

Define “cheating”, please.

If you get someone else to do your homework....it’s cheating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mori said:

What does "as supposed" mean?

Obviously, it means how game developers intended those trophies to be earned, and not what imaginary one-armed person from far-fetched argument could have [or have not] claimed :)

2 hours ago, Mori said:

Even if you just boost trophies, you still put time and effort into a game/trophy.

In many cases it’s just time. Virtually there is next to none effort in trading wins, kills, places, and such with your boosting buddies, for example. Especially, compared to the effort had been put by people who got that trophy themselves indeed.

Of course, there is difference between conventional boosting and share play, I’m not saying there isn’t. Just trying to point out that neither is cheating and shouldn’t be labelled as such by self-appointed purists. Since, like you said, there is always possibility someone could come along and proclaim even more absurd restrictions for getting trophies yourself without cheating.

Share play is like the cheating options provided in the Uncharted remasters. Absolutely fine.

The fact that trophies are still enabled in both? Absolutely ridiculous.

And stop comparing share play and handing controllers to regular boosting.

If you can't see the difference between someone doing all the work for you and sharing the work you're turning a blind eye on purpose. 

• Like 1

If someone can read almost everything except “Of course, there is difference between conventional boosting and share play, I’m not saying there isn’t”, that person purposely turning blind eye too, I guess.

2 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

Look in the dictionary if you want a definition. 

I’ve looked right away and it’s not what you're talking about so I thought you could elaborate. It’s a pity I was wrong and you couldn’t.

10 minutes ago, Se7en said:

If someone can read almost everything except “Of course, there is difference between conventional boosting and share play, I’m not saying there isn’t”, that person purposely turning blind eye too, I guess.

I’ve looked right away and it’s not what you're talking about so I thought you could elaborate. It’s a pity I was wrong and you couldn’t.

Boosting is done for games that's player base is practically dead and servers are still up. Cheating is acting in a way to get an advantage you are not able to attain yourself.

Pretty damn clear cut.

• Like 1

I completely agree with Kakrackle, not only is obvious cheating but also the people that create shareplay sessions are entitled af, when a few asked me to get a few trophies through shareplay for them, I always charged them for a good amount of money for said trophies if they want them, after that they started acting like the most entitled trash Ive seen, demanding me to do it for free lmao, of course they went and ask other people. Shareplay sessions should only be allowed for games with co-op trophies that dont have any online options and the only way is either couch co-op or using the shareplay feature which Im sure this site might have a list of those kind of games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INinjaRaidenI said:

I completely agree with Kakrackle, not only is obvious cheating but also the people that create shareplay sessions are entitled af, when a few asked me to get a few trophies through shareplay for them, I always charged them for a good amount of money for said trophies if they want them, after that they started acting like the most entitled trash Ive seen, demanding me to do it for free lmao, of course they went and ask other people. Shareplay sessions should only be allowed for games with co-op trophies that dont have any online options and the only way is either couch co-op or using the shareplay feature which Im sure this site might have a list of those kind of games.

Cheers man. Its always nice to meet Another sane person.

• Like 1

I'm not gonna lie, but i was one of those people that offering Woah Dave on Shareplay through Shareplay sessions for money on this website. But i didn't know it wasn't allowed on this site. In my opinion it isn't cheating though. But everyone has their own opinion. If you wanna count how many people paying for trophies it's a lot and you don't realize that are many on this website buying trophies, and sometimes they are bored to finish the game even if it has easy trophies. So i don't agree that people asking only hard trophies. They also ask for easy trophies as well,like these trophy whore games.

• Like 1

Personally, I don't really care but I think that's my non-competitive side.  It's using a feature of the system the way the feature was designed so I don't think it's cheating.  It's cheap as heck, but technically allowed.  Like a debug mode in a game that makes something really easy.  While I've never used it, probably won't, I personally don't see much of a distinction between that and passing the controller.  I can say I've gotten a few trophies for a friend of mine because I'm better at minigames than her.  So I went over to her house played on her system and got the trophies.  Cheating?  Hardly, someone sat down on her account and did the thing fairy.  We tag-teamed our "speedrun" of God of War.  It's fun, the action gets done.  So my two cents.

• Like 3

I dunno if it was related to this website or just random psn users, but when I had gotten the hard divisions trophy in Fifa 19 I had at least 3 people within a fortnight ask me to log into their psn and grind their Divisions out to get that trophy. It was a decent challenge but with a bit of time and practice shouldn't be considered very difficult, obviously I declined these requests. It is very strange to think that people approach users to do things for them this way.

Everything on my profile has been earned by myself bar some of the Spyro games cause my girlfriend played it with me (I have a feeling I could've done it myself if that wasn't the case though lol), and I intend to keep it that way. The way I see it, people should just realise their limits, if you want it that bad practice and reach that next level, if not leave it behind, as I have done with stuff I know I will never have enough skill to get, let alone time or patience to try.

my only question is: are the trophies being earned by someone according to their requirements?...if so, I don't see any issues with it...similar in authenticity to boosting competitive multiplayer trophies in a sense...if someone is willing to pay a gamer to unlock trophies legitimately for them?...none of my business, really, I suppose...to each their own...

• Like 2

i use shareplay for some trophies, normally local co-op ones, my friend and I normally knock them out this way and are both still putting in the work, twice because of the way they set it up, but i'll never use it so someone else can get the trophies for me.

imo this isn't really much different to team accounts, just on a smaller scale but to each their own i guess. 

Edited by Leenewbe