Harder than Bloodborne?

23 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Bloodborne is my favourite FromSoft title, but I still find it to be more difficult (particularly the Old Hunters DLC) than Sekiro because of the things I mentioned in my second paragraph. There are plenty of boss fights that can become trivial depending on how you play them. For instance, the corrupted monk fight becomes rather easy if you stealth kill her first two bars. Lady Butterfly becomes very easy if you just keep sidestepping and attacking. Certain prosthetics can let you destroy a boss with them barely being able to do anything to you. So far, I haven't encountered a fight that I've found more challenging than fights like Darkeater Midir or Orphan of Kos.

What you're saying is true, but gotta take into consideration that all the content you mention is DLC. And that there have always been ways to trivialize content in Souls games as well. I'm glad that for a change the final boss in the game is actually the hardest boss (and I feel it's harder than both Midir and Orphan), when that has never been the case before (the hardest content has always been optional, and some people feel the optional bosses in this are harder but I disagree). Hopefully if Sekiro gets DLC it'll get harder as well!

It's harder at the moment but that's what I was expecting, knowing the pace of combat would be much faster than the Soulsborne games. My timing with parries is atrocious now but every time I play it gets better, so I'm confident it'll all click eventually.

25 minutes ago, StrangeInStereo said:

What you're saying is true, but gotta take into consideration that all the content you mention is DLC. And that there have always been ways to trivialize content in Souls games as well. I'm glad that for a change the final boss in the game is actually the hardest boss (and I feel it's harder than both Midir and Orphan), when that has never been the case before (the hardest content has always been optional, and some people feel the optional bosses in this are harder but I disagree). Hopefully if Sekiro gets DLC it'll get harder as well!

I suppose that FromSoft does seem to make DLCs more challenging than the base game. In terms of trivializing boss fights, Sekiro intentionally provides all players with the tools to make fights easier whereas Souls requires you to either exploit some kind of flaw in the boss' design or by potentially changing your entire build. On the other hand, Souls and Bloodborne do provide players with the option to use co-op, but I feel like that ends up being more of a hinderance than helpful. I'm looking forward to the final boss since I haven't found any boss particularly challenging, although almost all of them have been very enjoyable.

All depends on how you play the game.. almost every boss has a cheesy method.. almost.. but without cheese and playing straight up, wow.. the game is very, very challenging.. and I would honestly say that the bosses in this game are harder than any of the souls games or bloodbourne or Nioh bosses both as a whole (a whole as in each games bosses vs sekiro bosses) and individually.. I can think of one boss that gave me more trouble than any boss that I've ever encounter in video games in the last decade, and actually it was the last boss that I’ve just fought and beaten.. took me over three hours to get the patterns down and to figure out a method that catered to my play style.. you can watch videos on strategies on how to take on a certain boss, but sometimes (most of the time, in my case) it’s about finding out a way individual to yourself that will help you conquer a specific boss.. I would say that areas and enemies aren’t as bad, just imho, as say as of the other games.. honestly, for me personally, bloodbourne was an easy ass game.. the chalice dungeon where your stats are halved was the only thing remotely somewhat difficult and even that was 100% doable once you play more conservatively.. 

• Like 1

As an admirer of Soulsborne games who doesn't actively purchase or complete them but watches a lot of content about them (love Bloodborne and DSIII, but I'm not very good sadly) I theorize it Sekiro will be just as easy for people who haven't played those game to get used to. I've seen a tonne of videos where people have died trying to sidestep or roll out the way after 100+ hours of souls habits, getting minced in Sekiro. Also seen a load of players rush at the end of boss fights and die, as Sekiro seems far more tactical than Bloodborne which to a greater (but not absolute extent) seems to reward more aggressive play.I don't think getting good at Souls = being good at Sekiro. 

As an admitted "non git gudder" it would appear Sekiro rewards tactics and timing more so than the other games - you have to be aggressive to wear down posture, but not TOO aggressive so you put yourself at risk of a 1HK move. You need to be stealthy, but get caught at the wrong time and you'll get overwhelmed by cannon fodder. Bosses seem to also require very specific methods to take them out. 

It would appear that if you're the type of gamer who is into these type of games, Sekiro will be an easier plat than DS or Bloodborne. You can get it in 2 playthroughs with some canny saving, endings seem easier to obtain, and most trophies are linked to bosses rather than any dungeon chalices and stuff. 

45 minutes ago, phoenix_shade said:

Yes. Although I recall the Blood letting beast in the bonus dungeons gave m e a run for my money.... or was that Dark Souls 3?

This game almost every boss and mini boss has made me rage. Not very good at Parry Souls

Damn I completely forgot about this guy. It was Bloodborne, inside a chalice dungeon. Optional, if I remember correctly...Or at least the harder version of him was.

Don't know if I'm going to get past the wall that is the final boss (Immortal Service ending path) in Sekiro. I hit a wall in Bloodborne but it wasn't until the Chalice Dungeons as I finished the main game in NG+. The final boss and the late game optional boss in Sekiro are MASSIVE difficulty spikes compared to the rest of the game in my opinion. Went from a fun challenge to stupidly difficult. 

Edited by Killbomb

This game is way harder than Bloodborne and Souls, it requires far more skill.

You can’t go all in spamming dodge with every boss battle and just go away with it, you actually have to take time and learn most if not all of the bosses and mini-bosses patterns.

I still havent used or look for any “cheese” method and the difficulty is very high through the entire game, there is no rest, each subsequent battle is harder and each area gets harder too, though with perseverance it will get easier. 

On 3/26/2019 at 9:30 AM, NarcissusBaz said:

It's not, stop saying stuff like that just because you don't understand the game. You're not supposed to run around Devil May Cry style. DS worlds are built to be explored carefully with constant paranoia. You're supposed to feel small and helpless. If you die because you fell into a hole in a dark room you almost unfairly could not see that's not cheap, that's a fuking lesson you should learn and remember.

No, that’s not a lesson, if it’s soo dark or hidden you can’t see that’s cheap, not hard. The BOSSES in souls games are hard. The level designs are cheap.