Trophies for Trophy Hunting competition (April 1st - April 30th)

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Edit: also, if you want me to define the "favorite game type", that's (J) RPG. 

And can you post an example of a game with the "Comedy" tag? I don't remember ever seeing it.. 

Edit (again).. Ignore my "Comedy" question.. Seems like Sam & Max, several Neptunia, Persona 4 Golden, Sly trilogy, Littlebigplanet Vita and Disgaea series have that tag, so, I have alot to choose from.. 

Favorite genre/game type can be declared when completing the challenge. The game that trophy is from, needs to be tagged with that genre.

Comedy tag can be found for example on Brütal Legend. If you go to a game that has the comedy tag, you can click on the tag and the site will then show every game with that tag

@CSmit180 Couple of things.

1. Recommendation: Maybe making a Goggle Sheet/Checklist to keep track of completed challenges for each participant both for your point tracking and for us to know what challenges we have left to complete.
  2. Confirmation: Is challenge 39 for 2018 or 2019? I could see it being both ways, so just checking.
  3. Query: I'm quite curious how people will go about for the letter challenges, since you can't just search for trophy names with those letters in and the words are pretty rare themselves.
  4. Exclamation: Otherwise, super hype to start this! Already have a couple of trophies in mind to go for.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

@CSmit180 Couple of things.

1. Recommendation: Maybe making a Goggle Sheet/Checklist to keep track of completed challenges for each participant both for your point tracking and for us to know what challenges we have left to complete.
  2. Confirmation: Is challenge 39 for 2018 or 2019? I could see it being both ways, so just checking.
  3. Query: I'm quite curious how people will go about for the letter challenges, since you can't just search for trophy names with those letters in and the words are pretty rare themselves.
  4. Exclamation: Otherwise, super hype to start this! Already have a couple of trophies in mind to go for.

1. Yes I have that already. I will add a link to the main post.

2. It is indeed meant to be 2018

3. I sort my trophy advisor by alphabet, i check games i'm gonna play if they have any, i search trophies for words that contain the most uncommon letters
i found J O K E to be the hardest one for me. I found two so far: Jack of all trades in The Crew 2 and Jukebox in Guitar Hero 5.
Also people reporting how they completed a challenge may help as well.

4. I'm also super stoked for this event to start

• Like 3

On 28-3-2019 at 1:42 PM, ladynadiad said:

Also will go ahead and declare that I'll use either Tokyo Xanadu eX+ or Fernz Gate for challenges 27 and 28.  Doubt I'm getting either to over 20% completion before this starts, but since I'm actively playing both I'll probably get those two challenges pretty quick.

Fernz Gate is now at 20% i saw, but still at D rank so for now you can only use this game for challenge 28.
Tokyo Xanadu eX+ is still eligible for both. Keep in mind this can still change if you get more trophies in these games the last day of march.

2 hours ago, VASORAT13 said:

1. I also can't wait for this event to begin (and happy we skip an hour tonight). 

2. For challenge 27 and 28 I will go for Assassin's Creed III Remastered trophies.

I'll double check before the event starts, but for now Assassins Creed is good to go!

6 hours ago, CSmit180 said:

Fernz Gate is now at 20% i saw, but still at D rank so for now you can only use this game for challenge 28.
Tokyo Xanadu eX+ is still eligible for both. Keep in mind this can still change if you get more trophies in these games the last day of march.

Yeah, that was totally an oops of me not expecting a silver trophy so quick, but it won't be going above D with its average completion being rather high at 48%.  I'm definitely going to hold off on playing more Tokyo Xanadu eX+ now so that doesn't accidentally go over 20%, though I'll also add declaring Persona 5 as a potential for both those challenges since it also has trophies that fit for a few other challenges and it's up next to be played once I finish another one I'm almost done with and it's sitting at 1% and E rank.

And also can go ahead and put down my favorite genre as RPGs.

Edited by ladynadiad

12 hours ago, CSmit180 said:

You're signed up, I just need to know your timezone :)

I'm in Central Standard Time.

12 hours ago, CSmit180 said:

I don't know what the link is between Trophy Showers and April, can you explain that maybe?

April is well known for being the most rain-drenched month of the year, which brought about the rhyme "April Showers bring May Flowers, etc." :D

• Like 1

Mark Mary Skelter as one game for challenges, currently E rank at 12%, another being Ys Origin, E rank at 5%. Should manage between those 2, going to be on the road with the Vita for a week but likely not playing much tomorrow except maybe some Sonic All Stars. RPGs are also my favourite genre.

Edited by Kevvik

I will be using Infamous as well for challenges 27 and 28. It is currently at 12% and E rank

Everyone who has declared up until now is approved, as long as they don't gain another trophy before April starts

Everyone can start at April 1st 0:00 when the clock strikes twelve in their timezone. Best of luck to everyone!

I'm not sure if mentioned or not, but I will use Dark Cloud 2 for both challenges 27 and 28, or One Piece Burning Blood for the one that requires a E or D game (that one is above 20% already). 

I have been trying to find an easy way to clear most of the challenges without starting to many new games, or only starting games that I can finish soon to reduce the amount of unearned trophies on my profile (I miss my 90+% completion rate..). 

Said that that, my current options for Hero are a pain, and I have yet to find a viable BUNNY that doesn't involve me buying and/or starting something that I don't want right now.. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I'm not sure if mentioned or not, but I will use Dark Cloud 2 for both challenges 27 and 28, or One Piece Burning Blood for the one that requires a E or D game (that one is above 20% already). 

I have been trying to find an easy way to clear most of the challenges without starting to many new games, or only starting games that I can finish soon to reduce the amount of unearned trophies on my profile (I miss my 90+% completion rate..). 

Said that that, my current options for Hero are a pain, and I have yet to find a viable BUNNY that doesn't involve me buying and/or starting something that I don't want right now.. 

First page of your trophy advisor has a BUNNY
a BoNafide UNderdog storY - Dirt 4

Edit: Found a hero for you as well: TreacHEROus Blade - Nier Automata
I found that using ctrl+F on your trophy advisor makes searching a lot easier

Edited by CSmit180
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CSmit180 said:

First page of your trophy advisor has a BUNNY
a BoNafide UNderdog storY - Dirt 4

Thanks!

I must be blind :lol:, never saw it and I looked through it a few times..

Now I got all the words, and a few other things listed to do, the streak, Uncommon, Rare, VR/UR, Action, series with 4 games, started over an year ago and 5 in an hour are still not decided, because I plan to 100% Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space EP2 to 5 and Child of Light, so after clearing up everything else, I will see what I can salvage for those challenges (+ I may get the 5 in an hour while doing 1 of Sam & Max lists).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, midgetstrawdog said:

I will be doing driveclub bikes for less 20% and driveclub for E or D rank.

My favourite genre is FPS

You also say the favourite genre challenge is recurring, what does that mean? 

I plan on doing this for more months to come. This challenge will always be 1 of the 40. So whichever genre you state now, can not be changed for the other months

• Like 1