Can't download DLC?

Ravers

With the game closing online features September, I started playing again to 100% it. The thing is I had this game physically, and have bought the Left Behind DLC as well. I even have some of the DLC trophies. But since I don't have the game physically anymore, I bought the digital version.

Now when I try to play the Left Behind, it opens a menu looking in the store and after loading, it says that there is nothing to show at the store. So I tried the multiplayer and it says that I need to download the new maps. After clicking "OK", the loading appears again and it says that it didn't find anything, just like the Left Behind DLC.

So what is happening? I will need to buy the physical version of the game again? Shouldn't this work or is some kind of bug?

5 minutes ago, Ravers said:

With the game closing online features September, I started playing again to 100% it. The thing is I had this game physically, and have bought the Left Behind DLC as well. I even have some of the DLC trophies. But since I don't have the game physically anymore, I bought the digital version.

Now when I try to play the Left Behind, it opens a menu looking in the store and after loading, it says that there is nothing to show at the store. So I tried the multiplayer and it says that I need to download the new maps. After clicking "OK", the loading appears again and it says that it didn't find anything, just like the Left Behind DLC.

So what is happening? I will need to buy the physical version of the game again? Shouldn't this work or is some kind of bug?

I believe there are two ways for your problem:

1st look at your downloads and download the things you need from there ( downloads on your console. You will have to look for a while)

2nd there should be a dlc bundle for free wich u can download with all available dlcs for,free

13 minutes ago, Kirijama said:

Update: I located, downloaded and installed all of the dlc from my download list but it hasn't made any difference.  Factions is still unplayable as it requires and looks for a download that does not exist on the UK store.

I had this problem with the PS4 version and it turned out that my copy was from the US, thus couldn't access the UK PS Store to download the necessary map pack so had to track down a UK copy instead.

Still can't access multiplayer as it asks for a code and when i enter the code on the manual (bought new, not second hand) it doesn't like it and the option to purchase a new one doesn't work

Edit: only thing i can think is that the "unlock multiplayer mode" download only works for the digital game, and so physical copy owners like myself are sool.

Edited by Kirijama
Update

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I had this problem with the PS4 version and it turned out that my copy was from the US, thus couldn't access the UK PS Store to download the necessary map pack so had to track down a UK copy instead.

I know it's too late but i have a suggestion for other people with the same problem: create another psn account that fits your disc region.

My TLOU PS3 Disc was US region and i couldn't play online because i couldn't activate my network pass and neither download a necessary update after clearing the network pass issue because my psn acc was german (EU). Both problems were solved though through creating a US PSN Acc and starting the game to install the mp update. After that i could play on my german acc :) no money had to be spent for this... of course i needed to buy Left Behind DLC as part of TLOU from the US Shop and had to get some funds for my wallet but it worked well (and the DLC is amazing) :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colia100 said:

Don't wanna hijack the topic, but do you still need the online pass to be able to access the mp?

Cause the way i understand it, is that the dlc is free but not the online pass?

For the physical disc it still asks for the pass even though the codes in the box no longer work and the online pass is no longer in the store.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

The code in my case still works, tested it earlier, didn't redeem already have it

The UK / Europe store is where the problem is occurring due to the original dlc and online passes being delisted and not showing as available in game, not the US store.

Thanks for testing though.

14 minutes ago, Kirijama said:

The UK / Europe store is where the problem is occurring due to the original dlc and online passes being delisted and not showing as available in game, not the US store.

Thanks for testing though.

If the problem still persists, I can give you my code if you have a US account to let you access the multiplayer

9 hours ago, Kirijama said:

For the physical disc it still asks for the pass even though the codes in the box no longer work and the online pass is no longer in the store.

Damn, so you pretty much need to buy the digital version, or play it through psnow.

Kind of a bummer since i have the disc version, but thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this'll help anyone in this thread, but it might:

It seems the ps3 can't handle installing/activating all those dlcs in the free add-on bundle at once. That's what happened to me, at least when it came to the mp dlc.

Most of them I had to download again, manually, and individually, by going to "view downloads" in the ps store on the ps3 to get them to work in the game.

One can also go to "account management" > "transaction management" > "download list" in the xmb (after logging in to psn).

So my advice is to look for the "grounded difficulty mode", "the last of us factions multiplayer (unlock)", map packs, or whatever it is you're missing dlc-wise in "view downloads" or "download list" as stated above, and download it again.

I had this problem but for a stupid reason. 

There was a cheaper copy of TLoU remastered than another copy of the same game.

I went with the cheaper one only to find out after finishing the story and wanting to play online that my copy was from a different region.

FAAAARK!