voodoo_eyes

Kill Your Completion X

363 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

 

Sounds kind of like Papers, Please. So do you walk around and look at stuff or are you stuck behind the bench. Graphically is it more like L.A. Noire or Papers, Please?

 

  You are behind the bench.  No open world here. You have papers you can sift through on your desk, to gain knowledge on the case. When you feel you have enough info, you assemble a list of questions. The gameplay trick is to take a clue, like "written orders" and link it to the corresponding line of questioning theme: method, motive, accusation, evidence, etc. 

  My guess is, you can sway the jury by choosing a specific line of questioning. There is definitely wrong lines of questioning and the game gives you a couple misses before it shuts down your questioning options. Example: you may have six slots for questions, but link the wrong items too many times, and you may get to ask only three questions. Less questions means different verdicts by the jury. 

  So it's vaguely similar to L.A. Noire, where you are trying to connect the correct links.  But there's no clue finding. No open world.  Haven't played Papers, Please but the graphics are much better then 16 bits.  Like @kingofbattle8174 though, I am reading a ton of dialogue bubbles, but there's no audio to pair with it. Frankly, it's a bit strange, and a bit of a miss by the developers.  There is audio in the cut scenes, but those are just still images with graphic novel-like pictures. 

 

  Update on my progress: last night I was able to continue my game at a previous save, so my head is back on my neck.  xD

Got a bit farther into the game and there's a new twist to the gameplay. There's a map of Paris and it's sectioned off into zones.  Your job is to gain control of different zones using diplomatic means or an iron fist with your thug character. It's reminiscent of a side game in one of the PS3 Assassin Creed games, can't remember which one. Think of the board game Axis & Allies, but much more simplistic, and nowhere near as fun.

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@voodoo_eyes I'm assuming joining now is a bit too late?

 

Generally I'd say it's too late, but I'd be willing to make an exception since you participated in a couple of the KYC events before. However ,due to missing out on 2 days already logistically it'll be messy, unless you think you can get 3 hours in a game today (July 3rd). That would give you enough freedom to pick and choose the amount of games for the event. Otherwise the only viable option is 7games/4days, so that it's 28 days for the games and 1 to potentially post an overview of the games played. Any other option creates too much of a time gap.

 

 

Edited by voodoo_eyes
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Generally I'd say it's too late, but I'd be willing to make an exception since you participated in a couple of the KYC events before. However ,due to missing out on 2 days already logistically it'll be messy, unless you think you can get 3 hours in a game today (July 3rd). That would give you enough freedom to pick and choose the amount of games for the event. Otherwise the only viable option is 7games/4days, so that it's 28 days for the games and 1 to potentially post an overview of the games played. Any other option creates too much of a time gap.

 

I think I can get the 3 hours in tonight and will have a list up later.

 

If thats ok?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

 

I think I can get the 3 hours in tonight and will have a list up later.

 

If thats ok?

 

Alright

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally forgot to give my trophy update yesterday. I basically cleared ten levels of an Item World and killed an Item General, then transmogrified my Mage so she could become a Star Mage and use Star spells. She popped the 500 Kills trophy after completing her third promotion exam, lolz. xD

 

Disgaea 1 Complete Trophies Earned on July 2: 13S51ab7d.png28S4fadaa.png20Sd86763.png

 

I may need to leave the house soon, but I'll get onto the final day for this game as soon as I get back. ;)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ashuri-B said:

 

Game #1: Beholder Complete Edition - Final Impressions
 

The one thing I didn't like about it was that the translation was a bit spotty in places, with strange grammar errors, and in the few voiceovered sections, there were some mistakes (for example at one point able-bodied is voice overed as able-boiled). But overall it's easy to figure out what they MEANT as opposed to what was said. I got a bit frustrated with some of the consequences for the choices that were made since some of them actually were due to translator errors (something seemed like the right choice or seemed harmless but the actual meaning behind them was something completely different). 

 

I think I'll probably be spending another 10 or so hours with the game to complete it, since it seems like a full playthrough took me 7 hours, then there's the DLC which I can't imagine taking the same amount of time. 

 

Overall, though, I quite enjoyed the game and I'd give it a 7/10. 

 

Next up is going to be GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.

 

I noticed the issues in the grammar as well, but considering it's a Russian developer, the translation didn't seem too bad. Subsequent playthroughs didn't take me too long. I played through it a total of 3 times. THe guide on .org is a bit sketchy when it comes to some of the time lines and the "Bahama Mama" trophy is somehwat of a pain. IThe guide seemed to leave some information out. I posted in the forums here how I got it.

 

8 minutes ago, Ashuri-B said:

Game 2 Preview: GWENT: The Witcher Card Game (July 4th - July 6th)spacer.png

 

 

Of course I've seen GWENT in the original Witcher game, and I'm a fan of card games like Magic: The Gathering. I'm looking forward to diving into this, though I'm a bit weary as it's a free-to-play with the ability to buy card packs, meaning it's likely very pay to win. But we shall see! I'm hoping I don't run into that aspect at the beginning as I should be facing off against other free-to-players.  It does look like some of the trophies are very unique ways to play matches, so that's interesting. It doesn't look horribly like the trophy list is Pay-to-Plat either. 

 

Last time I played, it was pay to win, and some card abilities are just plain broken. The tutorial leaves out half of the game's mechanics and the menuing is horrible. Out of the online card games I played it's the worst one along with Hand of the Gods). The plat has also become pay to win, as you can only get the foil version of cards from packs now (you used to be able to craft them). I haven't gone back to it in months, so maybe they fixed everything, but I wouldn't count on it. It's a cool concept that's executed poorly imo.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Last time I played, it was pay to win, and some card abilities are just plain broken. The tutorial leaves out half of the game's mechanics and the menuing is horrible. Out of the online card games I played it's the worst one along with Hand of the Gods). The plat has also become pay to win, as you can only get the foil version of cards from packs now (you used to be able to craft them). I haven't gone back to it in months, so maybe they fixed everything, but I wouldn't count on it. It's a cool concept that's executed poorly imo.

I didn't see anything about foil cards in my quick look through of the trophy list but I may have missed it. That's alright though, I think I'm going to leave it on my list to see how I feel about it in the event. Who knows, maybe I'll enjoy it? :) And maybe they've fixed some things in the months up until now. We will find out! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Ashuri-B said:

I didn't see anything about foil cards in my quick look through of the trophy list but I may have missed it. That's alright though, I think I'm going to leave it on my list to see how I feel about it in the event. Who knows, maybe I'll enjoy it? :) And maybe they've fixed some things in the months up until now. We will find out! 

 

It's just named idfferently (trophy name is "Shiny" - own 150 premium cards). I also used ot play Magic (not online though), so the term foil cards, so that's what I tend to use for all card games that have a "glittering" version of a card :P .Hey, I hope you enjoy it, if they fixed the things I had issues with, I might even go back to it.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm probably going to get a head start on GWENT today because I don't think I'll get much time to play tomorrow and I've got enough hours in Beholder and have written my update/review for it. Wish me luck everyone!

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SixyLove said:

I figured out fire is bad and leads to instant death

181-FIGHT186.png Oh really? I never knew that! xD [/sarcasm]

 

But I'm glad you're enjoying that game. I don't think I can handle that game.

 

Will put out my final update on Game #1 before tonight.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@voodoo_eyes See, I really think you made the right choice replacing the game whose name shall not be mentioned with Game of Thrones. If you downloaded it, you should just delete it. Maybe even get rid of the hard drive. Or the entire PS3. It's tainted now. :P

 

But yeah, I had a decent enough time with Game  of Thrones, too. I only paid a buck for it, though, so it's hard to complain for that price. xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

@voodoo_eyes See, I really think you made the right choice replacing the game whose name shall not be mentioned with Game of Thrones. If you downloaded it, you should just delete it. Maybe even get rid of the hard drive. Or the entire PS3. It's tainted now. :P

 

But yeah, I had a decent enough time with Game  of Thrones, too. I only paid a buck for it, though, so it's hard to complain for that price. xD

 

I actualy played a bit of Munch's Oddysee. That's what blank accounts are for ;) (that's how I tried out that Monster Truck game that came out on plus a while back) . I'm not the biggest fan of 3D platformers, as such it doesn't really do much for me. The one thing I'm impressed with is the cutscenes. Those are pretty damn good for the time and so is the lip sync.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Just wanted to pop in and say hi and I hope everyone has fun and plays some great games. Really glad this thing has continued without me and appreciate the effort Voodoo has put in. 

Fenix Furia was pretty fun. My favorite part was the puzzle mode, except for the final boss. :rage:

 

Just know that it's definitely bugged. I have everything done and three trophies just won't pop. I've met the requirements multiple times and tried a bunch of different things. I tweeted the devs but hold zero hope it will get patched. I knew it was possible before I started, just wanted to make sure you do too. 

 

Ah, thanks for the info.  I'll give it a try anyway.  It won't be the first game with glitched trophies on my profile.

 

Looks like some have managed to pop the trophies (although it's been a while), so maybe I'll figure something out.  Probably not, but we'll see.  :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.