Kill Your Completion X

Started playing my next game, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix. I am doing a few hours of each character's story. Sadly, Miitopia made it hard for me to keep focused on the game. However, since you only earn one trophy until you complete story events later in the game, I'll just put my update tomorrow when I am ready to move on. 

• Like 1

Update 008

Ld35fc2.png

Gravity Rush Remastered

Playtime: 16 hours

Trophies Earned: 64/64 100%

I have finished the game and done almost everything. Not much happened in my last 4 hours of play besides plot stuff. I'll write my review later and post it later today.

I'll start Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded on the 11th. I'll be playing Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls and Minecraft until then.

On 7/3/2019 at 8:23 PM, dmland12 said:

Ah, thanks for the info.  I'll give it a try anyway.  It won't be the first game with glitched trophies on my profile.

Looks like some have managed to pop the trophies (although it's been a while), so maybe I'll figure something out.  Probably not, but we'll see.  :)

If you do please let me know. I left the very first God mode level undone, then got the other 179 blue stars so I could pop it anytime I wanted. I earned that star probably a dozen times. Earned it, then finished the entire first world with stars. Earned it, then went and redid the final level... Nothing. 

I have over 14,000 deaths and neither the 5k or 10k have popped. One thing to note with that is the deaths don't save until you finish the level. There's a level in one or the worlds called LOL. It starts you like half an inch above the bottom of the screen and you can farm deaths super quick afk. Just make sure to finish the level when you're done. 

Good luck man. 

• Like 1

I finished my second day of Game #3. I plan on waiting until the stroke of midnight(ironic as Cinderella is part of Kingdom Hearts) and just getting the last session done so I can write up my review and final thoughts on that game. I won't touch my PS4 until then so I can give a more accurate rep of my completion as I plan on getting a couple of platinums this week so the % might be a bit janky for Game #4.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hemiak said:

If you do please let me know. I left the very first God mode level undone, then got the other 179 blue stars so I could pop it anytime I wanted. I earned that star probably a dozen times. Earned it, then finished the entire first world with stars. Earned it, then went and redid the final level... Nothing. 

I have over 14,000 deaths and neither the 5k or 10k have popped. One thing to note with that is the deaths don't save until you finish the level. There's a level in one or the worlds called LOL. It starts you like half an inch above the bottom of the screen and you can farm deaths super quick afk. Just make sure to finish the level when you're done. 

Good luck man. 

That sounds bad for sure.  Too late for me to turn back now, I've just started the game tonight.  :)

I saw your post in the forum about exiting to the map and have been doing that after every lvl.  Both to avoid the issue you described and also in case the game's not recording things correctly if it's saving multiple levels with multiple death counts at once.  If I do any farming, I'll also do it in small batches too.  There's a trophy for dying 100 times in a level, so that's probably safe, but I'm not sure I trust the game to be able to keep track of any more than that at once.

I'm also trying to avoid pausing and restarting the lvl when going for the yellow star time trials, in case that's leading to some kind of counting issue.  Instead, I just kill myself.  Sometimes, I'm still moving or jumping after and the timer restarts before I'm ready, so I kill myself again to reset it.  I'm already at 800 deaths, so I don't think it will be an issue getting enough.  As long as the game can recognize it.

I also plan to pay attention when I get close to 5000 and wait at the end of lvl screen.  I've seen some games that pop trophies late and if that's the case here, I don't want to miss the window in case the game has issues with that.

The game has never had any updates and is still version 1.00, so there must be some way to pop these.

I have had a small setback as my glasses broke yesterday. Not really a huge issue but I need them to see anything properly over 6 feet ahead of me. 

So no text on the TV, no driving and not very good gaming.

I was able to finish another rally on WRC 5 while squinting, but I can't do it properly until I get my glasses back.

In the meantime, I've been doing trophies I'm missing which require no reading or effort.

Hopefully will finish my first rally season and have a better review later.

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

Final Grade: :gold:. If it had closer to 50 puzzles, :platinum:.

I've played this on Steam and it actually has DLC which takes it up to around 50 puzzles, not sure if they will ever be released on PSN. Also the total price including the DLC was around £5 (in a sale), which i thought was a far fairer price than what they were charging on PSN. But overall i agree with your assessment a good puzzle game which is great for a relaxing experience. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

My only knock on this game is that there's not enough content. There's only 25 puzzles, so you can burn through this in just a few nights.  So with the price point it is currently at, I'd wait on it. But definitely snatch it up in a sale.

That's good to hear. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago for $3CDN on sale as it looked like a good little game for just chilling on later in the summer.

• Like 1

Update 009

L8fa1f8.png

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Playtime: 34 hours

Trophies Earned: 9/36 27%

I have a few days before I have to start my next game so I decided to play a little more Psycho-Pass. Last time I tried to get as many people killed as possible and make my mental state as bad as possible. That plan didn't work out very well in the end. Maybe I just wasn't evil enough. ? I decided for my next playthrough that I'd be as good as possible. Surprisingly, being a good person actually got me to a couple good endings and earned me two trophies. I also got more bad endings because I'm not very good at picking the options that don't kill me.

I'm not sure if I will play more of this or something else tomorrow. 

• Like 4

@Kevvik If you enjoy one of the Atelier games, it is highly likely that you woulld enjoy them all. They are all very similar in characters, story exposition, combat and synthesiying. The more recent ones tried to mix it up a bit, removing the time constraint, making it partial or making the game more open world.

I've actually been playing Atelier Ayesha on the side. For some reason it's one of those games where I can sink hours into without realising it. The unfotunate thing for me is, that the one thing I dislike in the whole series, is their damn synthesis gimmick. It's overly complex and keeps changing enough from game to game that you have to relearn it.

3 hours ago, Ashuri-B said:

Game 3: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Game of the Year Edition) (July 7th - July 9th)spacer.png

L2bbf86.png

*snip*

I finished this one up, shortly before the event started. Your comparison with AC, made me realise how much better SHadow of Mordor did the climbing. I've been playing some AC Unity on the side, and the amount of times the character climbs where I don't want it to is infuriating.

The PS3 version, must be an absolute bore to play though, with them having stripped the nemesis system from it.~

P.S.: Happy belated birthday!

On 7/9/2019 at 1:40 AM, dmland12 said:

That sounds bad for sure.  Too late for me to turn back now, I've just started the game tonight.  :)

I saw your post in the forum about exiting to the map and have been doing that after every lvl.  Both to avoid the issue you described and also in case the game's not recording things correctly if it's saving multiple levels with multiple death counts at once.  If I do any farming, I'll also do it in small batches too.  There's a trophy for dying 100 times in a level, so that's probably safe, but I'm not sure I trust the game to be able to keep track of any more than that at once.

I'm also trying to avoid pausing and restarting the lvl when going for the yellow star time trials, in case that's leading to some kind of counting issue.  Instead, I just kill myself.  Sometimes, I'm still moving or jumping after and the timer restarts before I'm ready, so I kill myself again to reset it.  I'm already at 800 deaths, so I don't think it will be an issue getting enough.  As long as the game can recognize it.

I also plan to pay attention when I get close to 5000 and wait at the end of lvl screen.  I've seen some games that pop trophies late and if that's the case here, I don't want to miss the window in case the game has issues with that.

The game has never had any updates and is still version 1.00, so there must be some way to pop these.

I wonder if maybe there was a leaderboard somewhere and then they took it down without telling anyone and trophies were linked to that. Dunno. 

You'll probably get the 100 deaths trophy without trying. There were half a dozen or so levels I hit that target on. 

Also yeah, it's annoying that you just start as soon as you die. Can't count how many times I was mashing dash, hit something, and auto started the timer. Kind of annoying. 

Everything popped normal except the God mode (blue stars) and deaths. So hopefully you can figure something out. I was also wondering if maybe all the deaths need to be in the main mode or something weird like that. I once farmed over 10k in a single session to check and see if that would pop it, saving every few hundred deaths. Nothing. :(

18 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

The PS3 version, must be an absolute bore to play though, with them having stripped the nemesis system from it.~

P.S.: Happy belated birthday!

Ohh, that must have been what I had heard then, because around the time that it first came out is when my boyfriend played it and I do remember someone saying that if I got it to get in on PC because the console version had a really dumbed down nemesis system. They must have brought it back for the PS4 editions because it's certainly here in the one I played!

P.S. Thank you! My brother got me a PSN gift card so I'm just waiting now for a good sale *rubs hands together* 

• Like 1