Looking for good beat em up games

Like the title said, I have really been craving some beat em up games like TMNT Turtles in Time or a Double Dragon style of game.

I played Final Fantasy A King's Tale and it kind of sparked wanting to play more games like that but it ended once I started to really get into it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I would enjoy new age style or retro style games either is fine. Fun plats would also be an awesome bonus!

Just In case others are interested here is the list of suggestions so far, thanks for all the ideas so far! I'm adding lots on my wish list, so when they go on sale I can pick them up.

• Mother Russia bleeds
  • Bloody zombie
  • GodHand
  • Castle Crashers
  • Double Dragon Neon
  • 99vidas 
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
  • Dragons Crown
  • Phantom Breaker
  • Squareboy vs Bullies
Edited by cynical_fate
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, cynical_fate said:

Like the title said, I have really been craving some beat em up games like TMNT Turtles in Time or a Double Dragon style of game.

I played Final Fantasy A King's Tale and it kind of sparked wanting to play more games like that but it ended once I started to really get into it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I would enjoy new age style or retro style games either is fine. Fun plats would also be an awesome bonus!

Try Squareboy vs Bullies.

2 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Mother Russia bleeds and bloody zombie are the best beat em ups I’ve played this gen. 

I'm going to have the check these ones out they look really good

2 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

GodHand

Though it's a PS2 game and available as a PS2 classic on PSN for PS3

I actually own it for my PS2! thanks for the suggestion though

2 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

Streets of Rage 4 is coming out in the next year or two

I'm very excited for this and the new Battles Toads game coming

2 hours ago, Orphioon said:

Castle Crashers

Double Dragon Neon

99vidas (This was a psn+ freebie not too long ago)

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara

Dragons Crown (highly recommended)

Just a few that came to mind.

Dragon crown I own, I have beat castle crashers and double dragon neon on other consoles such good games.
99vidas looks like a pretty cool game that plat grind though would be one to really go for

1 hour ago, Splathew said:

Played the crap out of this one on PC I was actually thinking about purchasing this one again for PS4

1 hour ago, Wikkibur said:

Try Squareboy vs Bullies.

I've looked at that one before the easy plats games just end so fast I was looking for stuff like it with more content still thinking about grabbing this one though.

Shaq-Fu 2 was really really enjoyable for me, very underrated, I would advise you ignore critics and at least check out some gameplay on YouTube. It plays like a modern Streets of Rage in my opinion, with a bunch of powerups and a crazy ass absurd storyline. Though, Streets of Rage 4 is on the horizon and will likely shit all over Shaq, it's still worth picking up on a decent sale if you see it. Mind you, I got it for free so I'm pretty happy with the level of value I squeezed out of it.

Dungeon Punks is considered by many as trash, but I had a lot of fun with this title, no less than with Castle Crashers or Double Dragon Neon, and I'm not a fan of beat 'em up titles in general. It's more similiar to Golden Axe than TMNT/DD though. Platinum is buggy but obtainable when following a guide, however it's price is too high for a game like this. It was for free on November 2017 for PS+ subscribers, so if you have it in your library you could give it a chance.