- IMPORTANT! - How to finish "Epilogue" with DLC installed

• 9 months later...

Yeah remember my heart skipped a beat about this too, endured through all the glitching and save corruptions along the way just to see I couldn't finish the game. Man was it a relief seeing doing the DLC helped. Is the game still in such a sad state? Absolutely would have loved this one if it wasn't for losing hours and hours of progress every time some glitch came up...

On 18.4.2020 at 5:49 AM, Poramies said:

Is the game still in such a sad state? Absolutely would have loved this one if it wasn't for losing hours and hours of progress every time some glitch came up...

It is still in an absolutely inexcusable state for a supposedly finished game. Plenty of bugs you will run in all the time, some still from day 1. Constant pop ins and graphic problems, almost biblical loading times and the game basically trying to catch up with you at all times so the performance in fights can be pretty bad unless you wait several minutes after reaching a new area on horseback. Added to that are all the other classic problems like guards seeing you through 3 layers of walls, someone who nags at you for not using a torch stalking you into the woods or to your bed and scaring the shit out of you, you accidentally killing someone by riding too close to him, or you being unable to buy from shops because Henry has not loaded in properly.

As far as I can tell they reduced the number of game crashes, quests glitching out (though some still do occasionally) and save file corruptions, though I would still warn anyone from playing this without backing your saves up often, be it online or on an usb. My experiences were on base PS4, perhaps the pro gets some improvements in loading times, pop ins or performance crawling to a halt.

On 18/4/2020 at 5:02 AM, hrvatsska said:

You know what I did? I just murdered Karolina so I won’t have to go through all the hassle... that’s one way to do it I reckon

Did that really worked? I couldn’t have done that anyway, I was going for a Merciful, Hardcore, Virgin run :/

• 1 month later...

On 17/04/2020 at 8:02 PM, hrvatsska said:

You know what I did? I just murdered Karolina so I won’t have to go through all the hassle... that’s one way to do it I reckon

So I murdered Karolina but that didn't fail the dlc for me. I failed the main story, but the Capon family necklace quest never failed and it still won't give me an option to finish the epilogue. 

At this point, I went straight to the bandit camp where the necklace is, but there's just too many of them to stealth kill the camp at night, since only 2 of like a dozen bandits sleep. Now I'm just gonna have to grind up my lockpicking skill so I can just go straight to the chest
Edited by LegitDannyDeVito

On 2020/5/20 at 5:02 AM, LegitDannyDeVito said:

So I murdered Karolina but that didn't fail the dlc for me. I failed the main story, but the Capon family necklace quest never failed and it still won't give me an option to finish the epilogue. 

At this point, I went straight to the bandit camp where the necklace is, but there's just too many of them to stealth kill the camp at night, since only 2 of like a dozen bandits sleep. Now I'm just gonna have to grind up my lockpicking skill so I can just go straight to the chest

I did finish that one. Just go to the camp and play some dice, if you win you can take it, if you lose you can go to the winner and ask him for it

• 3 weeks later...

I found out by accident that you can entirely skip hans capon DLC. 

First run i didnt touched it until the epilogue and i had to finish it first in order to proceed the story.

In my hardcore run i tried to do it earlier so i started the first quest while being in the main mission "payback" the problem here is that this mission is time sensitive

so everytime i advanced until morning for the capon quest i failed the main quest and had to reload my most recent save.

I proceeded with the main story line and after finishing "payback" the capon mission "honeyed words" got cancelled.

I though it might be put on hold for later or i have to do it before epilogue but i was able to finish the the main game without doing the capon dlc. 

-Start "honeyed words" while or before the main mission "payback"

-Finish "payback"

-"honeyed words" gets cancelled. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, fadingtrails said:

Thanks. This worked for me, although I did have to complete the first subquest of the DLC: "Game of Throws".

Glad to hear it worked, this method might be inconsistent cause i can remember i was pretty happy that i didnt had to go into those woods without a map.

So as stated above i just proceeded with the main story and honeyed words got cancelled.

But for sure its worth a try to skip the DLC using these two quests.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29.10.2020 at 7:40 AM, Andad87 said:

I don't often say this about a game and trophies but this is utter ridiculous.. having to play the DLC so I can finish the game.. and get what I've been playing for? Incredible.

Ehh you dont have to own the DLC to finish the game.... only if you have bought this specific DLC you need to finish it as well in order to beat the game. 
And even then you can use the method i posted above.

On 5.7.2019 at 6:55 PM, JoaLoft said:

again, only applicable if you have the Royal Edition or that specific expansion installed. I think it's a bad design decision they made, but hey. That's just my opinion.

The first post even mentions this, please read before you jump to any conclusions

Edited by KingTom95

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 1:21 AM, KingTom95 said:

I found out by accident that you can entirely skip hans capon DLC. 

A little late for me to see this method ?

But after some thoughts, on one hand it's nice to see that the camp finding part can be skipped.

On the other hand, the whole Capon's questline from bathhouse quest up to Robber Baron are needed to be done for the DLC to be available early before "Payback".

If I have to play hardcore + merciful run (without care of other trophies) again, I'd rather do DLC during "Epilogue" same as what I did. The camp in the wood was just a right turn to the north, after the bridge next to the crime scene tent. Just make sure you're facing the North. Sneak in from back tunnel, grab stuff then leave. Craft musk potion from recipe online and you're set. 2 hours at most from the start of "Game of Throws".

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve just bought and downloaded the DLC since I’m loving the main game so much.

I’m only about half way through the main story line but I’m wondering wether I should just hold off from actually installing the DLC until I’m completely finished with the main game??

I mean is this particular Hans Capon DLC no fun or really difficult? If it’s just 2 hours extra and not too hard I might as well play it right? I mean it has trophies attached to it anyway.

I will say though that I massively suck at combat and have been trying to avoid it at all costs! I had to use poison arrows on mystery knight to down him after reloading a save several times. So I do hope this DLC isn’t combat heavy?

8 hours ago, Jimmy947 said:

I’ve just bought and downloaded the DLC since I’m loving the main game so much.

I’m only about half way through the main story line but I’m wondering wether I should just hold off from actually installing the DLC until I’m completely finished with the main game??

I mean is this particular Hans Capon DLC no fun or really difficult? If it’s just 2 hours extra and not too hard I might as well play it right? I mean it has trophies attached to it anyway.

I will say though that I massively suck at combat and have been trying to avoid it at all costs! I had to use poison arrows on mystery knight to down him after reloading a save several times. So I do hope this DLC isn’t combat heavy?

I just read your post contemplating purchase of the DLC, so I’m glad to see you went ahead with it. 

The Capon DLC is good fun and pretty easy. The quests are very interesting and there’s some funny dialogue. You also get to cause a lot of mischief, which is most fun of all. 

I believe there’s little to zero combat. You’ll mostly be gambling, pickpocketing, and sneaking about. 

So yea, I definitely encourage you to install it. The worst thing about it is that it isn’t long enough. I wanted more Capon! 

Edited by MrFudge
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MrFudge said:

I just read your post contemplating purchase of the DLC, so I’m glad to see you went ahead with it. 

The Capon DLC is good fun and pretty easy. The quests are very interesting and there’s some funny dialogue. You also get to cause a lot of mischief, which is most fun of all. 

I believe there’s little to zero combat. You’ll mostly be gambling, pickpocketing, and sneaking about. 

So yea, I definitely encourage you to install it. The worst thing about it is that it isn’t long enough. I wanted more Capon! 

Thank you for your response. Yes, I was initially on the fence about buying the DLC  since I felt there was plenty to do in the main game already but the DLC pack was in the sale for £7.99 so I grabbed it!

I’ll go ahead and install it all then and I may even start the Capon missions right away since I read you don’t actually have to wait until the epilogue if you’ve already done his other missions (the bathhouse quest and ‘robber baron’).

The remaining DLC I might wait until after I’ve finished the main quest however, as my Henry could do with levelling up some more and having more money, as I’ve heard these things come in handy for some of the other DLC missions, ‘From The Ashes’ especially. On a side note I’m really glad I downloaded this game from PS Now and I really hope a sequel is in the world, it’s actually been one of my gaming highlights of this gen!

• Like 1