Physical or Digital?

Keefie_G

I always go for physical, not only on Vita. No to mention that Vita memory cards are not that big in sizes... so i try to keep digitals at minimum.

I buy digital only games that cannot be bought physically, like PS1 or PSP games.

17 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I always go physical if it can as it is far cheaper, but physical VITA games can be hard to get unfortunately, or just were never released physically.

How are digital games far cheaper? Usually it's the opposite, and that's not even accounting for resale/trade in, which means I never pay more than £10 per game net.

Alas, this isn't easy on VITA.

PSN sales are far deeper then those in retail stores (if you can even find a sale on Vita games).

If you're talking about RRP, then that is also cheaper in most cases. Any game released by Limited Run has about a $10-$15 markup over digital.

There is practically no resale/trade in market for Vita games. Because of the scarcity of copies you are often paying more then RRP to find games that are no longer in print (which accounts for about 99% of all titles). If you go to a physical location like Gamestop or Best Buy, good luck finding more then 4 or 5 Vita games in the entire store. It's easier to find used N64 games in my area.

11 hours ago, BetrayalOfSanity said:

Go digital if you could afford the stupid prices of the Vita memory card. Otherwise you might want to consider physical carts. I do like physical games but bringing them with you is annoying when you're on the go.

I don't really buy the memory card argument. I think its way overblown. I have had a 16GB memory card since release. They sell for about $35.00.

I have 21 digital games and 1 physical game installed currently. I've never felt it was inadequate.

That's about the same amount of games I have installed on my PS4 Pro. I'm never playing more then 2-3 games at once, so that is plenty. It's not that hard to delete a game and download another one.

I get the memory card were priced expensively but spending $100-$200 on the massive memory card is overkill. Why would anybody ever need 80-100 games available at once? If not's a problem on the PS4 then why is it a problem on the Vita?

5 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

PSN sales are far deeper then those in retail stores (if you can even find a sale on Vita games).

If you're talking about RRP, then that is also cheaper in most cases. Any game released by Limited Run has about a $10-$15 markup over digital.

There is practically no resale/trade in market for Vita games. Because of the scarcity of copies you are often paying more then RRP to find games that are no longer in print (which accounts for about 99% of all titles). If you go to a physical location like Gamestop or Best Buy, good luck finding more then 4 or 5 Vita games in the entire store. It's easier to find used N64 games in my area.

I did say it was very hard to get these games, but still cheaper when you do when accounting for trade in value (in the UK anyway, don't know where you're based).

Not as much of a saving and thus price difference against digital as on PS4 admittedly. That's huge.

9 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I did say it was very hard to get these games, but still cheaper when you do when accounting for trade in value (in the UK anyway, don't know where you're based).

Not as much of a saving and thus price difference against digital as on PS4 admittedly. That's huge.

I'm in the US. I know there are more stores where you can buy and sell used games in the UK. We don't have anything like Cex here for example. Also the US PSN store has better discounts then its UK counterpart, so I'll concede that my claims about it being cheaper to buy games digitally may not be true in all regions, particularly yours.

32 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I'm in the US. I know there are more stores where you can buy and sell used games in the UK. We don't have anything like Cex here for example. Also the US PSN store has better discounts then its UK counterpart, so I'll concede that my claims about it being cheaper to buy games digitally may not be true in all regions, particularly yours.

Ok, I'll concede the same about my claims lol.

• Like 1

On 13-7-2019 at 9:03 AM, Keefie_G said:

Hey everyone, I recently got the Vita and I've been pretty much obsessed with it. I'm debating on if I want to buy my games digital or physical copy, which do you prefer? 1f600.png

Hi there fellow VITA player~

For me it depends on the game I like. If it's not localized in my region, if available in let's say EU, then I'll get them physical through import.

Or if there's a cool pre-order bonus (statue, OST, artbook, DLC, etc) then I'll def. get a physical copy ?

• 2 weeks later...

For me it’s always physical. The ones that I manage to have digitally are because the unavailability of getting it physical (Duke Nukem for example) or because I got it free from PS+, although the ones I really care I try to get physically too.

What bugs me the most is the risk of a game being delisted at anytime or something related to psn going bad, like losing my account due to hacking or having my password leaked.

I don’t know, I can’t feel the same way about digital games, they don’t feel as “mine”.

It’s not my case because I’m kinda the collector, but with physical games you can always sell or trade for another one.

• 8 months later...

Anytime i can i prefer buy the physical.

Also because in some cases, the playstation store has made us some bad jokes, like removing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (PS3).

And yes I know, the game still remains available in the account, but I prefer physical support for pure collecting spirit, but sometimes if I don't care much about the game I also buy digital.

• 2 weeks later...