How is the trophy journey for this game?

Chocolat_GiddyUp

Interested in playing this. Saw it's an ultra rare plat and some of the character's trophies are quit hard or involve a lot of rng.

How is the overall journey?

Will it require a lot of boosting?

How are the boosting sessions, organized, good people?

Is this game still active?

I heard this game's community is really really toxic. Is it true?

Does it suck to solo?

Is this game worth it?

Some of the games I've played so far on my profile had online components and multiplayer was fun, but I had a chance to solo if I wanted. This game is full blown mp, and I'm just a little hesitant to play it. Looks cool though. Hmmm I think if I don't want to bother with the plat I can play it on PC.

Thoughts?

Edited by Chocolate GiddyUp

Hello !

I don't have a lot of trophies on Overwatch, but still played it a little over 20 hours and last time i played it was yesterday, so here is my point of view about your questions ^^

How is the overall journey? => The game is great, lot of fun, but some trophies can be a pain and will force you to play EVERY characters (so if you don't like some ... it's not great)

Will it require a lot of boosting? => If you are not very very very lucky to get everything "legit" in a reasonable time, i would say yes

How are the boosting sessions, organized, good people? => It's doable but not the easiest game to boost

Is this game still active? => Very active

I heard this game's community is really really toxic. Is it true? => Never got issues, ppl play the game !

Is this game worth it? => Definitly :D;)

• Like 2

Well my 2 cent.

I have a friend who is really good and loves to play overwatch. but after 2 years of overwatch every night she stopped BC it is to toxic now and blizzard has a tendency to patch their games to shit, they did that with few characters in overwatch now.

boosting ist hard to nearly impossible, at least it is possible to get a team of 12 ppl together in a game but with lots of patience. we were together in many groups and a lot of them were unorganized or very ego, sometimes ppl left after getting a trophy leaving the others behind. sometimes you need hours to get the whole group together in matches, sometimes the randoms know what you are trying to do. iE you have 11 ppl already in the match and one in the waiting loop. if you have one in the waiting loop he can watch the matches and will enter as soon as someone else leaves. but very often the last random wouldn't leave bc he knew what we are trying to do. also very often random ppl report you for boosting just for fun even if you really try to not spoil their experience.

Trophywise - there are always 2 trophies per character. An easy one that you can earn after a short time playing the character., And a hard one that you will have to work hard for, have A LOT of luck, be very aware of your sorroundings and chances and have a VERY good control of the character. Most of the time you can not combine playing normal and aiming for a trophy. also you can not play the character you want to every game. if you pick the wrong character for a specific tactic the group wants to play, they will troll you report you and oc you won't be of any help to the team. My friend got her platinum after years playing legit and got most things by accident, and she is pretty good in that game. She still has not all DLC trophies for the new characters and probably won't do them.

I stopped pretty early since I am not that good and don't see any chance for me.

• Like 2

I played the game about 99% solo. It was my first FPS game and I didn't particularly struggle with many trophies, so I think the rarity is largely due to it being a popular game with a lot of casual players. I enjoyed it, and it's one of the few games I've kept playing after the platinum. I imagine it'd be better with friends, but playing with randoms didn't really bother me.

All the trophies took me about 75-80 hours. Although many of them have had their requirements changed since I played. Most notably SImply Geometry. That used to be easy, but the amount of people unlocking it has dropped drastically since the change. And in a few weeks it'll become even more difficult, when a patch that reduces Storm Arrow's projectiles from 6 to 5 goes live.

One trophy that will almost certainly require boosting is Cratered, although it isn't required for the platinum. Boosting is difficult to set up, and needs a lot of luck or a large group of people to pull off. It's also against the game's rules and there could be punishments for it, although I haven't heard of that happening on PS4. I wouldn't bother with it unless I felt a trophy was practically impossible without boosting, such as Cratered.

The game is still very active, and the community on PC is incredibly toxic.The toxicity isn't that obvious on console because of the lack of text chat, and not many people joining voice. But it's there, and you'll often see people passive-aggressively spamming the "Thanks!" voice line, leaving or even sabotaging the game when things don't go their way.

A very significant change is happening in September. Which forces every game to have 2 Damage heroes, 2 Support heroes and 2 Tank heroes. At the moment there are no limitations on how many of each role can be in a game. So trophies will be impacted due to the different team compositions you'll be facing and working with, but it's hard to say which ones it'll make more or less difficult.

• Like 3

1. It’s long and will require luck. I have 800+ hours and still don’t have the plat. Admittedly ~780 of those hours were not spent with trophies in mind, but still.  

2. Yes if you don’t wanna solo.

3. I got added to a group by mistake once and although it was chaotic, everybody was getting their trophies pretty quickly. Be warned that Blizzard seek to ban boosters. 

4. Yes, both in-game and in terms of the online community on sites such as Reddit. 

5. It has a competitive mode which is naturally toxic. But you can just mute/leave voice chat if you so wish. There’s no text chat. 

6. Soloing some of the rarest trophies is very difficult, but most of the base ones are easy enough. I’m always happy to duo with people to try and help them out, so that could be an option for you too. 

7. Alongside MW2 it’s the best multiplayer/FPS game I’ve ever played. The heroes and their abilities are just ridiculously fun. And because of the huge online community it’s a game you can be involved with even when you’re not playing it.

Edited by MrFudge
  • Like 1

yes there is. in the ppl, how they play and how toxic they are, in creating the perfect situation to get one of the hard trophys, which is usually crazy to do.

Even playing completely legit, seeing an opportunity to get my trophy - some teammate stepped in prevented me from getting it sending me a message after that saying "haha no trophy for you"

THATs how toxic it can be and also RNG, bc you don't know who will be in your team or who is you opponent. You don't  know what a team they will build by picking characters and if you can play your prefered one, it is coincident if you or the team can create a situation helping a trophy...

• Like 2

Just now, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

yes there is. in the ppl, how they play and how toxic they are, in creating the perfect situation to get one of the hard trophys, which is usually crazy to do.

Even playing completely legit, seeing an opportunity to get my trophy - some teammate stepped in prevented me from getting it sending me a message after that saying "haha no trophy for you"

THATs how toxic it can be and also RNG, bc you don't know who will be in your team or who is you opponent. You don't  know what a team they will build by picking characters and if you can play your prefered one, it is coincident if you or the team can create a situation helping a trophy...

RNG isn't the same as something being out of your control. RNG would be attacks randomly dealing more or less damage, or something like that.

Everything that happens is entirely dependant on the decisions you and other people in the game make. The perfect situation for trophies isn't going to happen frequently, because the rest of your team simply wants to win, and the enemy team obviously doesn't want to be killed. But it's still not random, you just need to make it happen or be there to take advantage of it when it does.

• Like 3

This is still random to me.

especially since "you just need to make it happen" is not so "just", most of the time it is impossible without telling all 11 ppl what you want to do. which won't work either.

But we also kinda mean the same thing anyway so we don't have to argue about one word. ppl reading this will get what we want to say.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BlazikieronUS said:

Avoid it like the plague. Trust me, you'll regret starting it.

I had no regrets. It’s one of my proudest platinums ever, because I did everything 100% legit so far.

I still have Baptiste’s trophies to accomplish though, which are the hardest to date.

Soon we’ll have the role queue, which will default a 2-2-2 team composition, which is perfect because players on console, in general, are dumber than on PC. Should make things easier.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

There's a few things I have to note here.

1. Overwatch isn't the type of game that you should play with just trophies in mind, a lot of the trophies are extremely difficult if you overthink them and the best way to get a lot of them is to just play and randomly achieve them without even trying. For example when I was trying to get "Rapid Discord" I played Zenyatta for about 70 hours with no luck, I eventually gave up and then got the trophy on the first game I played where I wasn't actually trying to get it.

2. I personally got every single trophy legit, which was an extremely rewarding experience and probably one of the most fun and satisfying platinums i've done because it's given me the ability to flex when playing competitively (which is why the trophies require you to learn the characters enough to get 4 kills with each). I would recommend doing the trophies legit any day.

3. Boosting this game is extremely frustrating, it can take anywhere from 3-4 hours to fill an entire lobby and the process in general is painfully slow. It's honestly easier to just play the game legitimately.

4. The trophies are possible while playing solo, but will also involve a lot of luck. You'll want to make friends with a player that mains Zarya, who has an ultimate ability called "Graviton Surge" which is extremely useful for the 4 kill trophies.

5. Yes, the community is very toxic in COMPETITIVE mode. In quickplay, nobody really gives a crap or takes the game seriously what-so-ever. Despite this, The game is not in a state where it's very beginner friendly right now. Smurf accounts are currently running rampant and nearly every hero is overpowered in some way.

6. Despite that, there's still a lot of fun to be had with this game. It's not the same game it was when it was released by a longshot but it's still an amazing game never-the-less.

7. If you have the option, play it on PC. It's a million times better.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 1

How is the overall journey? Like others have stated, I think this Platinum is pretty difficult. Pretty much every trophy in this game requires the process of "everything falling into place perfectly". Sure, some trophies are easier than others, but some can be a complete nightmare. Some trophies require the opposition to cooperate and be together while some take cooperation from both the opposition and your teammates (Zenyatta's "Rapid Discord" is the first trophy that comes to mind). For me personally, I enjoy this game too much and most of the trophies weren't horribly difficult, so some popped naturally.

Will it require a lot of boosting? As mentioned by many others, boosting can be a huge pain in this game. Some trophies will be recommended to boost. I was in a couple when I was going for Zenyatta's Rapid Discord back when the game was fairly new and it took multiple hours to even get things going and get people their trophy. You can be boosting and a random can easily ruin it by killing your boosting partners or messing with the objective and possibly ending the match sooner than anticipated.

How are the boosting sessions, organized, good people? I was in only a couple and, from what I remember, they were pretty well organized and everyone was very cooperative. Your mileage will vary, though, it only takes one less-than-ideal person to completely ruin a boosted lobby; and for this game and its fairly bad track record of boosting, it can be pretty detrimental.

Is this game still active? In my eyes, yes it is. The queue times for Quickplay are, typically, very short and you will have no problems finding games. For competitive play, your queue times will vary: I've noticed queue times that are instant, and some that would go upwards of 2-3 minutes. It mainly depends on what time of day that you are playing the game.

I heard this game's community is really really toxic. Is it true? I've read some pretty harsh stories online about how toxic this game can be and watched some videos on people who throw their games. Also, I've read how some make fun of girls who play the game and expect them to play only healers and belittle them for playing anything other than a healer. On PC, it's exponentially worse due to that platform having a constant Text Chat. On console, the only forms of communication aside from voice chat is the communications wheel where you can ping things like "Group Up!", "Thanks!", etc. If you turn voice chat off, then that will be your only means of communication. You can tell when a teammate is very salty when they spam ones like "Thanks!" or "I Need Healing" right after they die.

Does it suck to solo? I play the game primarily solo and I have loads of fun. Sure, some matches will be horrible and make the game frustrating, but that's pretty much most online games I think.

Is this game worth it? If you play with just the intentions of going for trophies, then I would say probably not. Some trophies can throw you for a loop and can end up being a very frustrating time. If you just want to play the game to check it out and grab some trophies naturally, then I would say go for it. I can say that I'm cripply addicted to this game and still have loads of fun with it. I think it's the varying gameplay between the heroes and the overall "charm" that the game has that keeps me coming back.

Hopefully, this helps out.

• Like 2

Don't bother with the console edition if you have the chance to play it on PC.

Skill based matchmaking is a thing in this game, even for quick play and that's a HUGE impact getting the achievements, I'm a high Masters rank player and I always get a bunch of top 500 players in pretty much every game I get into, that goes for quick play as well as I said before, and trying to go for any achievement with extremely high skilled players like that is not enjoyable at all (not to mention mouse & keyboard are really a thing in these lobbies).

On the other hand, if you have shitty stats and make it into a low rank lobbies become a joke, making most of the achievements more than doable as long as you know what you're doing.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 3:51 AM, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

How is the overall journey?

It's okay if you like the game, but you really got to enjoy the game, because it's a long and difficult journey.

Will it require a lot of boosting?

This really depends on you. I ended up boosting 2 trophies to get the Platinum, after spending hundreds of hours having fun on the game i was ready to finish it up. But if you have a harder time with some of the trophies or don't want to play the game for that long it will require more boosting.

How are the boosting sessions, organized, good people?

Hit or miss for me, I joined two boosting sessions, one was disorganized and did not go well. The other was very organized and ran very smoothly. It all depends on who is leading really.

Is this game still active?

Yes. Not as many players as it once had but definitely.

I heard this game's community is really really toxic. Is it true?

Not so much on consoles. A little bit, but the lion's share of the toxicity takes place on PC. And really even on PC its not as bad as some people say, just ignore them and its fine.

Does it suck to solo?

I don't think so, but friends to play online multiplayer games with always helps in my opinion.

Is this game worth it?

I think so. I got hundreds of hours of fun with my friends out of it. Still play it from time to time actually.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

Pure and utter aids. I think that sums up the community, trophies and state of the game perfectly. 

This is coming from someone who has roughly 400hrs and is in Diamond. I would say avoid the game right now as its in a terrible state of low risk high reward. Getting trophies ain't fun either, its honestly not hard just pure dumb luck if the enemy are willing to stay brain dead long enough for you to pop em. Or get a friend to play zar and you will get a fair chunk.

• Like 1

I would also like to add that 2,2,2 is coming to QP. This can hurt boosting and will likely make a fair amount of trophies harder as now you wont have 5 squishy targets to get certain ult trophies. Or people will likely play it as warm ups for comp making it again harder ( Well require more luck as the plat isn't hard )

• Like 1