Let's Play Yakuza/Like a Dragon

I finally finished Yakuza 0's story mode the other day.  Wow, the story was amazing and there's so much content in this game (I was at 131 hours, 89% completion when I finally beat it)  I'm going back and wrapping up my completion goals at the moment (all I have left is Minigames, at 94.92% and 145 hours) then I'll start the Climax battles and Legend mode.  I'm so glad the weapons and gear completion was much easier this time around compared to Kiwami.  I very much like Yakuza 0's system (it only took me roughly an hour and a half to track down 20+ weapons for the completion).  The wife and I are also replaying Kiwami's story mode atm (she loves Yakuza's story but isn't interested so much in playing it and she missed half of it) and we will start Kiwami 2 after that.  I figure we can enjoy the story and side missions of Yakuza then I'll go back and mop up completion, that way we don't get lost in completion again and forget parts of the story.  Hopefully everyone is enjoying Yakuza 7!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I've been waiting to post in this thread ever since I beat Yakuza 0's story, which made tear up at the end. It's an easier platinum than the last 2, but I just got it for Yakuza Kiwami 2!

Another great story of our man Kiryu, although so far I still like Yakuza 0's story best followed by 1 then this one, we'll see how 3 goes. I liked the bouncer missions better than the Climax battles, which I still need to go back to in the other games along with some cleanup, but it seemed like there was at least 25 too many. Legend difficulty was really a non factor as I speed ran through it with the Dragon pistol. I also did enjoy all the mini games and finally learned how to play Mahjong well. Majima's construction mini game was pretty fun as well. The one thing I noticed and it might just be me, I didn't use weapons a ton in the past 2 Yakuza games, but I used them probably 75% of the time in this one. Just seemed like they were easier to come by and in abundance, my weapon box was full with 100 by the end of my first play through.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

Another great story of our man Kiryu, although so far I still like Yakuza 0's story best followed by 1 then this one, we'll see how 3 goes. 

three isn't a bad game. i'm sure you'll enjoy it, but story wise imo its the weakest in the main yakuza series. still very much worth playing

• Like 1

I'm making good progress in Judgement, sitting at just shy of 90% completion now. I managed to beat all of the opponents in Puyo Puyo which is quite a relief since that's considered the hardest part of the platinum. The final opponent doesn't appear until you've accumulated 25 wins in a row, and even then it's not guaranteed. She didn't show up for me until I reached 31 wins, so I was a bit unlucky, but it didn't matter in the end. I actually beat her twice before I was finally overwhelmed at 36 wins. ?

RXWzVpa.jpg

So yeah, the plat is pretty much in the bag at this point. Still got a fair bit to do in premium adventure, but it's just a matter of time now.

• Like 3

On 12/14/2020 at 9:39 AM, Grotz99 said:

I've been waiting to post in this thread ever since I beat Yakuza 0's story, which made tear up at the end. It's an easier platinum than the last 2, but I just got it for Yakuza Kiwami 2!

Another great story of our man Kiryu, although so far I still like Yakuza 0's story best followed by 1 then this one, we'll see how 3 goes. I liked the bouncer missions better than the Climax battles, which I still need to go back to in the other games along with some cleanup, but it seemed like there was at least 25 too many. Legend difficulty was really a non factor as I speed ran through it with the Dragon pistol. I also did enjoy all the mini games and finally learned how to play Mahjong well. Majima's construction mini game was pretty fun as well. The one thing I noticed and it might just be me, I didn't use weapons a ton in the past 2 Yakuza games, but I used them probably 75% of the time in this one. Just seemed like they were easier to come by and in abundance, my weapon box was full with 100 by the end of my first play through.

Welcome to the thread and congrats on your first Yakuza completion!  I recently beat Yakuza 0 as well and I'm currently on Chapter 5 of Kiwami 2.  I keep meaning to go back and finish up the climax battles in 0 but I'm having a ton of fun with Kiwami 2 (the engine upgrade is a blast to me).  I can see what you mean about the weapons though, I have used a ton more weapons this go around too (not just to get the heat actions).  Being able to put them into your inventory is pretty cool though so probably that.  Also congrats on learning Mahjong!  I actually just imported some Hanafuda cards because I was having so much fun with Koi Koi and I taught my family how to play so we've been playing that recently.  Here's your tile!

Spoiler

GSGFKzH.png

On 12/20/2020 at 0:06 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I'm making good progress in Judgement, sitting at just shy of 90% completion now. I managed to beat all of the opponents in Puyo Puyo which is quite a relief since that's considered the hardest part of the platinum. The final opponent doesn't appear until you've accumulated 25 wins in a row, and even then it's not guaranteed. She didn't show up for me until I reached 31 wins, so I was a bit unlucky, but it didn't matter in the end. I actually beat her twice before I was finally overwhelmed at 36 wins. 1f605.png

RXWzVpa.jpg

So yeah, the plat is pretty much in the bag at this point. Still got a fair bit to do in premium adventure, but it's just a matter of time now.

Welcome back and awesome job with the Puyo Puyo!  I know Puyo Puyo nearly cost me the Sonic Ultimate Game Collection plat back in the day so I've been really leery about going for it in Judgment and your comments sound like it's gonna be troubling.  But I'm sure I'll be seeing you soon with the completion!

• Like 2

Just got 100% completion in Zero and it took me 160 hours. Loved the game, the story and the characters. That being said, the grind was soul crushing and this is going to be my first and last Yakuza platinum. There was nothing particularly difficult in it but the RNG was brutal and it just went on and on. Hats off to anyone crazy enough to platinum more than one, let alone all of them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Just got 100% completion in Zero and it took me 160 hours. Loved the game, the story and the characters. That being said, the grind was soul crushing and this is going to be my first and last Yakuza platinum. There was nothing particularly difficult in it but the RNG was brutal and it just went on and on. Hats off to anyone crazy enough to platinum more than one, let alone all of them.

Welcome!  It took me roughly around that much time to 100% Yakuza 0 as well.  I hope you don't give up on the series though, even if you don't go for 100%.  The stories and gameplay are a lot of fun.  Was it a certain game in particular?  Or just a combination of everything?  I know I was certainly frustrated trying to complete fishing and the catfights.

21 hours ago, Zenpai said:

Just noticed this thread, but I got the Platinum for Yakuza 0.

Welcome to the thread!  Awesome job with the platinum, here's your tile!

Spoiler

MF0SfX5.png

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

Welcome!  It took me roughly around that much time to 100% Yakuza 0 as well.  I hope you don't give up on the series though, even if you don't go for 100%.  The stories and gameplay are a lot of fun.  Was it a certain game in particular?  Or just a combination of everything?  I know I was certainly frustrated trying to complete fishing and the catfights.

Oh I will definitely play them all on PC for the sake of the story, just without trophies. Might platinum 6 and 7 since they seem to have an easier list. 

Worst has to be Disco for me since I'm awful at rhythm games. Mahjong is easy once you realize you only need to fish for sets and a pair. Batting I cheesed within 10 minutes with auto hotkeys. Other than that I don't think there is anything too difficult, it's just the sheer volume of it all. No wait, Climax battles. They were just unpleasant and not particularly fun. Also, getting harassed by "ORA OMAE" street punks on every step seriously got on my nerves. I just want to finish my mini games not fight you, just leave me alone!

Just finished the legend run and got the plat, btw! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Oh I will definitely play them all on PC for the sake of the story, just without trophies. Might platinum 6 and 7 since they seem to have an easier list. 

Worst has to be Disco for me since I'm awful at rhythm games. Mahjong is easy once you realize you only need to fish for sets and a pair. Batting I cheesed within 10 minutes with auto hotkeys. Other than that I don't think there is anything too difficult, it's just the sheer volume of it all. No wait, Climax battles. They were just unpleasant and not particularly fun. Also, getting harassed by "ORA OMAE" street punks on every step seriously got on my nerves. I just want to finish my mini games not fight you, just leave me alone!

That Disco minigame is what broke me for a bit when I was playing Yakuza 0. Karaoke was not too bad for me in the series so far, but for some reason I can never get that Disco minigame down.

I'm planning to go back to Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1 to finish them up someday, probably when I feel like playing through the Legend modes on them for a revisit of the story, but I plan to make it through the rest of the series and Judgement first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy holidays and happy new years to everyone!  I'm sorry about not updating in a couple weeks.  With the holidays, work and my niece visiting for an extended stay, I haven't had a chance to update (or really play on Playstation).  I was hoping to finish Yakuza 0 before the new year but it never happened.  Still, it was a fun frantic holiday and I hope everyone else had a good one too.

On 12/22/2020 at 2:20 PM, Silver-I-Chariot said:

I can definitely understand where you're coming from, it is a lot of stuff and it can be overwhelming.  If it's any consolation, Yakuza 0 is the only one I've played so far with Disco in it.  But I'm glad to hear you're not giving up!  So far Kiwami 2 has been an easier list to complete too.  And I agree, Climax Battles can be extremely frustrating (it's one of the reasons I've been putting off completing Yakuza 0).  Congrats on your first Yakuza platinum though!  Awesome job and here's your tile!

On 12/23/2020 at 9:46 AM, Grotz99 said:

That Disco minigame is what broke me for a bit when I was playing Yakuza 0. Karaoke was not too bad for me in the series so far, but for some reason I can never get that Disco minigame down.

I'm planning to go back to Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1 to finish them up someday, probably when I feel like playing through the Legend modes on them for a revisit of the story, but I plan to make it through the rest of the series and Judgement first.

Karaoke is fun but Yakuza Kiwami 2/6 really fixed everything and made it fun.  I can understand not liking Disco though, it's weird cause you have to move almost off beat and still land on the correct tile in rhythm with the song.  And Legend mode on Yakuza Kiwami isn't too bad because you can do it in NG+ (unlike 0) but watch out for Chapter 8 (that's the only real roadblock I had trouble with).

On 12/25/2020 at 8:30 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Judgement is complete! I left a few thoughts on the game here:

But like I've mentioned, I'll play Yakuza 7 sometime next year. It'll be nice to have all the plats in the series. 1f601.png

Awesome job with the Judgment plat!  That's a tough one and you're close to Majima's Finest!  I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot of you this year with Yakuza 7 PS5 and Resident Evil Village releasing around the same time (supposedly).  I might just pick up a PS5 around then too (though i probably won't be caught up enough to play Yakuza 7 to be honest).  Also, best of luck with Catherine Full Body!  I love that game but I can imagine the platinum is a nightmare to go for (pun intended).

Spoiler

On 12/25/2020 at 10:07 PM, Redgrave said:

I got the Platinum in Yakuza 7 263a.png I thought the game was really great and I really liked Ichiban so I look forward to seeing how he is in future games since it sounds like he's being set up as the new protagonist.

The only really difficult part of the Platinum was the True Final Millennium Tower dungeon which took a lot of grinding and even then I think I mostly just winged it. Glad to get it done though and make it my 200th Platinum 1f601.png

That's awesome to hear and major congrats on the 200 platinums!  With your completion percentage that is truly impressive!  You're also very close to Majima's Finest as well!  Best of luck with Legend of Heroes.  That's one series I really want to get into (I love their other series Ys and I love lore building) but the enormity of tackling the series overwhelms me.

Spoiler

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

Awesome job with the Judgment plat!  That's a tough one and you're close to Majima's Finest!  I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot of you this year with Yakuza 7 PS5 and Resident Evil Village releasing around the same time (supposedly).  I might just pick up a PS5 around then too (though i probably won't be caught up enough to play Yakuza 7 to be honest).  Also, best of luck with Catherine Full Body!  I love that game but I can imagine the platinum is a nightmare to go for (pun intended).

Thank you! I'm pretty eager to finally get that title. ? It's been a long time coming! I'm definitely looking forward to playing Resident Evil Village, especially since it'll be an early showcase of what the PS5 is capable of. I'll be playing Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles before that though. I intended on starting it last year, but I got distracted by other things. ? As for Catherine: Full Body, it's one of my all-time favourite games and this is actually the 4th stack I'm working on (2nd time I'm completing Full Body). As you can probably imagine, I'm not really fazed by the difficulty anymore. ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Happy holidays and happy new years to everyone!  I'm sorry about not updating in a couple weeks.  With the holidays, work and my niece visiting for an extended stay, I haven't had a chance to update (or really play on Playstation).  I was hoping to finish Yakuza 0 before the new year but it never happened.  Still, it was a fun frantic holiday and I hope everyone else had a good one too.

That's awesome to hear and major congrats on the 200 platinums!  With your completion percentage that is truly impressive!  You're also very close to Majima's Finest as well!  Best of luck with Legend of Heroes.  That's one series I really want to get into (I love their other series Ys and I love lore building) but the enormity of tackling the series overwhelms me.

Hide contents

Happy holidays and New Years to you too! Hope it went well for you despite being busy ☺️

Thanks ? It's not the most difficult Platinum but I'm still glad to have made it my 200, especially since my 100 was just a visual novel ? And thanks, I've been wanting to play Trails of Cold Steel III for a while and the Yakuza remasters were one of the reasons I held off on it but I'm glad to play it now. I know what you mean about it being a bit overwhelming but I think you can start with at least the first two just fine or at least that's my understanding since I wound up doing that.                   

• Like 2

I'm glad there's lots of love in the Yakuza series.  Imo, probably the most underrated franchise game in history.  I still can't believe I've platinumed the whole series on PS4 since I love it so much.  Probably the most annoying thing that kill this run for me was the Pool games in Yakuza 3-5.  I think I spent average of 5-6 hours, on ONE game, beating the hardest opponents with PS4's finicky and sensitive controls.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 4:47 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Thank you! I'm pretty eager to finally get that title. 1f601.png It's been a long time coming! I'm definitely looking forward to playing Resident Evil Village, especially since it'll be an early showcase of what the PS5 is capable of. I'll be playing Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles before that though. I intended on starting it last year, but I got distracted by other things. 1f61b.png As for Catherine: Full Body, it's one of my all-time favourite games and this is actually the 4th stack I'm working on (2nd time I'm completing Full Body). As you can probably imagine, I'm not really fazed by the difficulty anymore. 1f604.png

Without question!  And yes, I'm hoping RE8 will be awesome, I really enjoyed RE7 (still have to play through the expansions at some point though).  Good luck with Darkside Chronicles btw.  I need to dig out my PS3 camera and try to play through that at some point too.  But that's crazy with Catherine!  I'm worried about completing just the one stack, to complete it four times is amazing!  Though I definitely agree with you, it's a fantastic game.

On 1/6/2021 at 5:18 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

Finished Yakuza Like A Dragon the other day and now just working on the grind for the True Final Millennium Tower but this was by far my favorite RPG Since Person 5 and I hope the next few games in the series are just like this.

Welcome!  Also, awesome!  It sounds like a great game!  I'm currently on Kiwami 2 (haven't had a chance to play in a few weeks) but I'm hoping to get to it soon.  Great job completing it though and here's your tile!

Spoiler

vvfh8Ne.png

On 1/6/2021 at 9:56 PM, Redgrave said:

Happy holidays and New Years to you too! Hope it went well for you despite being busy 263a.png

Thanks 1f601.png It's not the most difficult Platinum but I'm still glad to have made it my 200, especially since my 100 was just a visual novel 1f61b.png And thanks, I've been wanting to play Trails of Cold Steel III for a while and the Yakuza remasters were one of the reasons I held off on it but I'm glad to play it now. I know what you mean about it being a bit overwhelming but I think you can start with at least the first two just fine or at least that's my understanding since I wound up doing that.                   

Thanks, yes it was interesting!  I hope yours was great as well!  And that's awesome it was your 200th (I just got mine a few months ago, Far Cry 4) but still, Stein's Gate 0 was a great visual novel for your 100th (I'm a huge Stein's Gate fan myself).  I like the original a bit better but 0 is still a very respectable 100th platinum!  And good to know!  I have the Trails of the Sky trilogy and the Cold Steel quadrilogy, I just have to convince myself to sit down and play through them.

On 1/11/2021 at 11:38 AM, acidkai_ak said:

I'm glad there's lots of love in the Yakuza series.  Imo, probably the most underrated franchise game in history.  I still can't believe I've platinumed the whole series on PS4 since I love it so much.  Probably the most annoying thing that kill this run for me was the Pool games in Yakuza 3-5.  I think I spent average of 5-6 hours, on ONE game, beating the hardest opponents with PS4's finicky and sensitive controls.

Thanks and welcome!  I do love the Yakuza series (though I'm only three games in myself) and I'm really glad they're getting the love and attention they deserve recently (especially with the Xbox/PC ports coming out in the coming months).  I'm really hoping that all of this fanfare leads to great sales and we eventually get Ishin/Kenzan translated.  They're fun games but I'd love to have translated versions available.  Btw, congrats on completing the series!  I see you've played FotNS and Judgment as well.  Are you planning on completing those as well?  Here's your tiles by the way!

Spoiler

lWf0lNu.pngTiKC08E.pngElC29zR.pngzUcJEet.pngzpnYCcI.pngKnmDMdX.pngaZgFMNi.pngwHOIj85.png

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

Thanks, yes it was interesting!  I hope yours was great as well!  And that's awesome it was your 200th (I just got mine a few months ago, Far Cry 4) but still, Stein's Gate 0 was a great visual novel for your 100th (I'm a huge Stein's Gate fan myself).  I like the original a bit better but 0 is still a very respectable 100th platinum!  And good to know!  I have the Trails of the Sky trilogy and the Cold Steel quadrilogy, I just have to convince myself to sit down and play through them.

Yeah, it went fine thanks ☺️ Congrats on your 200th as well ? I remember having fun with Far Cry 4 even though I don't think I quite liked it as much as 3 and 5. And yeah, Steins;Gate 0 was great and I still need to play Elite myself. ? I understand that since they can be long games. The first two require a 100 hour play time for a trophy funny enough and with ToCS3 it's apparently just long its own without a trophy like that so I bumped the difficulty down once I got a few combat specific trophies since I figured the difficulty being on Normal would make them easier to do. Still, they are great games so you can't go wrong with starting them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Thanks and welcome!  I do love the Yakuza series (though I'm only three games in myself) and I'm really glad they're getting the love and attention they deserve recently (especially with the Xbox/PC ports coming out in the coming months).  I'm really hoping that all of this fanfare leads to great sales and we eventually get Ishin/Kenzan translated.  They're fun games but I'd love to have translated versions available.  Btw, congrats on completing the series!  I see you've played FotNS and Judgment as well.  Are you planning on completing those as well?  Here's your tiles by the way!

Awesome!  FotNS and Judgement is definitely on my platinum hunting list.  The only problem is that I just got burnt out from playing nonstop Yakuza marathon.  Enjoy the ride for the next 5 games in this amazing series.

• Like 1

I started the series in 2017 with Yakuza 0 and I've now platinumed all of the main titles and most of the spinoffs! I'm glad to see everyone else enjoying these games as well. I think my favorites in order would be: 7, 0, 2, 6, 1, 5, 4, 3
I'd say that Judgment would be up there with the best games and Fist of the North Star... wouldn't be so high ?
I really hope I can play Ishin someday!

• Like 1

A friend told me about yakuza kiwami being free on psn plus, i played it and loved it. So basically i spend last year getting all the games i could for ps4. I think i have done a great job achieving the platinum for 0, Kiwami 1 & 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Fotns and Judgment. Definitely my favorite is 0, because... Majima.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 3:22 PM, Redgrave said:

Yeah, it went fine thanks 263a.png Congrats on your 200th as well 1f604.png I remember having fun with Far Cry 4 even though I don't think I quite liked it as much as 3 and 5. And yeah, Steins;Gate 0 was great and I still need to play Elite myself. 1f61b.png I understand that since they can be long games. The first two require a 100 hour play time for a trophy funny enough and with ToCS3 it's apparently just long its own without a trophy like that so I bumped the difficulty down once I got a few combat specific trophies since I figured the difficulty being on Normal would make them easier to do. Still, they are great games so you can't go wrong with starting them.

Thank you!  Far Cry 4 was the first real one I sat down and played (mostly due to my wife's suggestions) but so far i'm with you on Far Cry 5 (that intro gave me chills to be honest).  Elite was good but you do lose a lot of Okabe's internal monologues.  Still, it was awesome seeing a lot of the scenes play out, especially those that weren't in the anime.  I'm very much looking forward to 0 Elite and the third game.  And awesome, I'll probably start playing Trails in the Sky once I get some more time.  Thanks for the info!

On 1/12/2021 at 3:24 PM, Sn1per666999 said:

I played all of them from 0 to 7 in the last 9 months. I love the series and Like a Dragon is my favorite.

The only game I didn't like was the spinoff Dead Souls. The camera is atrocious and made it unplayable for me.

Welcome!  I'm hearing from a lot of people that Like a Dragon is awesome (I'm still on 2 myself).  I'm looking forward to playing it myself.  Awesome job beating all of them though!

On 1/13/2021 at 0:33 AM, acidkai_ak said:

Awesome!  FotNS and Judgement is definitely on my platinum hunting list.  The only problem is that I just got burnt out from playing nonstop Yakuza marathon.  Enjoy the ride for the next 5 games in this amazing series.

I can definitely understand that and thanks!  Best of luck on getting the plats in the future!

On 1/18/2021 at 8:10 AM, Overlord_Haze said:

I started the series in 2017 with Yakuza 0 and I've now platinumed all of the main titles and most of the spinoffs! I'm glad to see everyone else enjoying these games as well. I think my favorites in order would be: 7, 0, 2, 6, 1, 5, 4, 3
I'd say that Judgment would be up there with the best games and Fist of the North Star... wouldn't be so high 1f605.png
I really hope I can play Ishin someday!

Welcome and nice!  That's when I started the series too (though with Kiwami) and I was hooked pretty much immediately just like you.  But you're right, it's awesome to see so many people enjoying Yakuza (that's why I'm glad they're coming to PC and Xbox very soon).  You're really close to becoming a member of Majima's finest too (awesome job with the completions!).  Is Dead Souls in the works too?  I can definitely understand if you don't have a PS3 though.  And Ishin is pretty awesome, I just wish I could understand better what was going on.  I really hope they do a double pack of Kenzan Remastered + Ishin and bring both over here.  It reminds me a lot of Yakuza mixed with Way of the Samurai (one of my old favorite series) and I believe a lot of people would really dig it if they gave it a chance.

Here's your awards!

Spoiler

MLV6bgF.pnghHGUkKq.pngJKTqysF.pngPXiVZPN.pngLdPS3x5.pngK4NVNXk.pngPgA1AmZ.pngWT4KOx7.png22YlNJA.png854iW5A.png

On 1/18/2021 at 8:33 AM, Alehjandros said:

A friend told me about yakuza kiwami being free on psn plus, i played it and loved it. So basically i spend last year getting all the games i could for ps4. I think i have done a great job achieving the platinum for 0, Kiwami 1 & 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Fotns and Judgment. Definitely my favorite is 0, because... Majima.

I'm glad you enjoyed Kiwami so much!  Welcome to the thread!  That is definitely a great job with the plats.  And I did love 0.  My wife was so happy after we beat Kiwami and started 0 and she realized Majima was a playable character (we're both big Majima fans as well).  Can't wait to see her reaction when we get to play as him again in the future.  Are you picking up Like a Dragon too or waiting for the PS5 release?

Here's your completion tiles!

Spoiler

XspjSGM.pngk6nO6QA.pngW522om8.pnghK2giP1.pngsIwVrUQ.pngNaszUq0.pngDuM76B0.pngC0nAGFo.pngmxzAgsQ.png

On 1/18/2021 at 8:34 AM, SaintChris777 said:

Sign me up please. Finished Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami 1 & 2 as well as Yakuza 6. Currently playing Yakuza 7.

Of course and welcome!  Great job with the completions!  Are you planning on picking up the remastered collection or the spin offs too?

Here's your tiles!

Spoiler

PinwAg2.pngWOyu6Us.pngMn4TI28.pngAB9Vknt.png13pVHhc.png

• Like 2