[PSNP+ v8.5] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

Would you consider adding some sort of alert that a gaming session is available for a certain game? Say you finish a game but still have the online trophies to do, it would be helpful if you could mark that game and when you visit the site and there is a new gaming session for it, you would get an alert or it would somehow draw attention to it.

I know I could check the filtered gaming sessions, but there are a lot of games there that I don't care about and in practice I rarely check and I'm sure I've missed many opportunities to finish online trophies if only I knew there was a session going for them.

• Like 2

In the 'Games' section it is possible to filter games by their platform (PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita), but when I type in the name of something I'm searching for, the option to filter platform goes away. Would it be possible to add such a filter for after typing in a manual search?

I have a request if possible, to mark unobtainables in a guide the same way it is when you look at the trophy list 

TMlQE6F.jpeg

Like so for example, having them orange, I know it's at the top of the guide and for this guide it's pretty easy to see what's unobtainable but some guides have unobtainable trophies mixed with trophies still attainable and it would be easier to see if they were in orange 

24 minutes ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

I have a request if possible, to mark unobtainables in a guide the same way it is when you look at the trophy list 

This is a lesser known PSNP feature but you can filter trophies in guides by their tags too.

Click the purple tag and only these trophies will be visible:

C7YAL2L.png

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, HusKy said:

Should be simple enough. Added to backlog for now.

Excellent, thank you!

I was recently viewing the trophy guide for Tchia and noticed a possible bug with the new MITR tag, there's another trophy icon behind the text for the "New Caledonian" trophy:

spacer.png

I don't know if this is specific to the Tchia trophy guide or applies to other guides as well as I haven't checked any other guides.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, immy94 said:

there's another trophy icon behind the text

Thanks for the report. I did not notice it because I don't use dark mode and the icon is white on white background. I'm reusing spritesheet directly from the website but looks like I will need to do something else here.

I will fix it for the next update.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, semihfr said:

Hey, really like what you did with PSNP+.

Just wanted to know if it's possible to not show the platinum trophy in the new MITR tag as many guides don't include it.

While I understand that Platinum is basically a freebie at the end, this is such a small inconsequential thing. I might remove it, or I might keep it. Not sure.

• Like 1

@HusKy I'll buy you 3 beers if you can help me figure out why all of a sudden I can't sort by any of the custom options.  I also have the guide column extension for PSNP and thought that was causing the issue because every time I would try to sort it would just duplicate that guide column.  I removed it for testing and all that happens is the page just sits there and nothing changes.  I know this worked and thought maybe it was Chrome updating that messed it up, but I don't see anyone else with my issue.  I have tested this on FF and same results.

2 minutes ago, Attababyitzaboy said:

@HusKy I'll buy you 3 beers if you can help me figure out why all of a sudden I can't sort by any of the custom options.  I also have the guide column extension for PSNP and thought that was causing the issue because every time I would try to sort it would just duplicate that guide column.  I removed it for testing and all that happens is the page just sits there and nothing changes.  I know this worked and thought maybe it was Chrome updating that messed it up, but I don't see anyone else with my issue.  I have tested this on FF and same results.

You can message me on Discord and we can try to solve the problem. 👍

cWHDWOA.png huskycode

• Like 1

I don't know if this has been suggested:

On the list Unobtainables, at least the new ones should be differentiated by colors, for example:
Red: Server shut down
Yellow: Patch broke some trophy
No color: Since release with broken trophy [like Tomb Raider I-III Remastered]

PS: You can improve the idea or ignore it 😆

Edited by LutzPS
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, GeminiEntity said:

Can't update from 8.2 to 8.3. It is just stuck trying to update with the spinning icon. Any ideas why?

Also, is it normal that it doesn't update automatically anymore? I remember it use to but stopped some time ago. 

Where does the spinning icon appear?

Auto updates are handled by Tampermonkey/Userscripts.app and I have no control over that.

By default, it's once per day. The auto updates work for me in TM.

In Tampermonkey, you can go to Dashboard -> PSNP+ -> Settings and check:

AArwxQi.png

If it ends with ".user.js", that is also fine.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, HusKy said:

Where does the spinning icon appear?

Auto updates are handled by Tampermonkey/Userscripts.app and I have no control over that.

By default, it's once per day. The auto updates work for me in TM.

In Tampermonkey, you can go to Dashboard -> PSNP+ -> Settings and check:

AArwxQi.png

If it ends with ".user.js", that is also fine.

The spinning icon appears right where it lists the number of days the script was last updated on the dashboard page. For some reason when I clicked the number of days to update, the spinning icon just stayed there and it would just keep looking for an update.

It's all ok now though. I reinstalled tapermonkey and everything works now. Must have been a glitch with tapermonkey. Thanks for the reply and your work on this script. I'll get you a beer, cheers.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2024 at 12:09 AM, GeminiEntity said:

The spinning icon appears right where it lists the number of days the script was last updated on the dashboard page. For some reason when I clicked the number of days to update, the spinning icon just stayed there and it would just keep looking for an update.

It's all ok now though. I reinstalled tapermonkey and everything works now. Must have been a glitch with tapermonkey. Thanks for the reply and your work on this script. I'll get you a beer, cheers.

I just ran into the exact same issue. Tampermonkey for some reason hadn't updated the script yet and updating the script manually as you did also failed or I got a endlessly spinning loading icon. My problem was, that I am restricting Tampermonkey to only run on specific websites in Chrome and the new domain https://psnp-plus.huskycode.dev/ wasn't whitelisted. Once I added the domain to Chromes whitelist for Tampermonkey, the update would give me a warning, that the updateURL changed. After confirming, Tampermonkey properly updated PSNP+.

P.S.: The first post still has the old URLs under "How to install" and "Changelog". Not sure if that is intended.

• Like 2

Unable to install. Tampermonkey is installed on Kiwi browser on Android. When clicking the script, it does not open Tampermonkey at all. Have tried copying the url and important via tampermonkey, and comes back with unable to load error. Cannot access the site either to view changelog.

Hello @HusKy! A beer to the person that can hopefully address this quandary I have.

Apologies if this is already mentioned and I missed it, but my lists aren't populating the correct information.

On a list I made it has 6 games / 4 of which I have the 100% but only 1 of them shows complete. The rest do not show any progress as if I've never started them. Additionally, I have gone into each of the game pages and it showed "List data has been refreshed" but nothing has changed.

I would attach a screenshot, but I don't have a pic uploaded to a URL 🤷‍♂️

All in all this extension is fantastic and I can't believe it took me so long to find it.

Thank you for the hard work and looking forward to hearing back.

Edited by NoMoreUpdates
Updated request.

On 3/30/2024 at 9:42 PM, hi-im-hawkeye said:

Unable to install. Tampermonkey is installed on Kiwi browser on Android. When clicking the script, it does not open Tampermonkey at all. Have tried copying the url and important via tampermonkey, and comes back with unable to load error. Cannot access the site either to view changelog.

I will test this out when I get back home. I don’t use Android devices very often.

On 3/30/2024 at 11:47 PM, NoMoreUpdates said:

Hello @HusKy! A beer to the person that can hopefully address this quandary I have.

Apologies if this is already mentioned and I missed it, but my lists aren't populating the correct information.

On a list I made it has 6 games / 4 of which I have the 100% but only 1 of them shows complete. The rest do not show any progress as if I've never started them. Additionally, I have gone into each of the game pages and it showed "List data has been refreshed" but nothing has changed.

I would attach a screenshot, but I don't have a pic uploaded to a URL 🤷‍♂️

All in all this extension is fantastic and I can't believe it took me so long to find it.

Thank you for the hard work and looking forward to hearing back.

Go to your profile and click the Load All Games button or scroll all the way down.

On 3/30/2024 at 11:53 PM, Attababyitzaboy said:

I'm sure this has already been answered at some point in this forum, but is there a way to export your list of games in your profile?

This is currently not possible, but I will add it at some point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

I will test this out when I get back home. I don’t use Android devices very often.

Go to your profile and click the Load All Games button or scroll all the way down.

This is currently not possible, but I will add it at some point.

Beer inbound. You're a legend! Thank you so much!!

I've already been recommending this add-on/extension to everyone I can!

• Like 3