[PSNP+ v8.5] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

@jpwbjpwb Yeah I know about this, thanks for reminding me. AFAIK, forums can be merged even for old games so any cutoff based on trophy list IDs would probably not work.

I'm planning to just ignore any duplicate threads and those won't be displayed in the list.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HusKy said:

That's a legit question, I did not even realize that the 2 options there were confusing. Might have to rename "Time" to something more obvious.

"Completion time" is this:

TiLi60Z.png

c7nNoqf.png

"Time" is this:

uqCnsnv.png

Maybe it could be called 'Estimated Time', or 'Guide Time', or even 'Length'.

Edited by Vitallani
  • Like 3

@HusKy I've got another request that I'd pay beer money for. These little PSPlus icons I use to mark off if I'm "done" with a game. I don't really care if the game is from PSPlus or not (and I'm not sure how many others use it for that purpose) but I'd really like to have the option to have these as checkmarks to signify done. Sometimes a game is done when I platinum it, sometimes when I 100% it, sometimes when I've beaten it, etc. Being able to have a visual indicator that I'm done helps, but I just hate that it's a PSPlus icon. 

I've manually swapped it out for a checkmark myself before, but any updates to the script that I make get wiped when I update and that's annoying so it'd be awesome if it could be built in. Let me know what you think.

b3p6FKb.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

I've got another request that I'd pay beer money for.

But.... you already owe me a beer! xD

I like the idea about repurposing the icon though. Will need to think about it first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HusKy said:

But.... you already owe me a beer! xD

I like the idea about repurposing the icon though. Will need to think about it first.

Yoooo did you already do that?? I need to update lol I'm on 7.something.

Edit: Heck yeah dude! Nice job! I bought 2 :D

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 2

Dear @HusKy,

Thanks a lot for your continuous efforts!

Do you think that it would make sense to implement a "Refresh progress" floating menu-button when checking a game series as well? It's definitely not a huge deal, I'm just hoping that this wouldn't pose too much of a hassle since you've already implemented this neat feature when checking the list of a single game.

Thank you so much for adding the number of games in the lists next to their name, @HusKy. It is much appreciated. The other new improvements are also very welcome.

This is more of a general question, but do you (or anyone) know if games which are included in PS Plus Extra/Premium have the date that they will be leaving the services stored on the PSN backend? If so, would it be possible to extract the leaving dates for the games on the services and display this info next to the respective games or on the games' page? It would make it easier to track and determine which games are leaving the services and when and plan accordingly as to when to play them instead of finding out the month before via Sony/the PS Store directly. I suspect that this info isn't stored on the PSN backend at this point in time but thought I'd check anyway.

EDIT: The issue below has been fixed by Husky.

Also, as a heads up for other users: after updating PSNP+ to the latest version, I found that some of my game lists would no longer load/display and switching between the profile and game lists tabs would just show the profile by default. I eventually figured out that this was due to those particular lists being ordered by the previous "Time" which has now changed to "Guide Time". If you have this same issue, edit your lists to be ordered by "Guide Time" and that should solve the issue and display the lists as normal.

Edited by immy94
  • Like 1

Great update as always @HusKy, much appreciated! The unobtainable master list is a great addition! Thanks for that! :) 

If it's not too big of a request, in a future update, could you make that the links on the list and on a unobtainable game's trophy lists have a target _blank so they open in a new tab? This isn't game breaking or anything, but I instinctively always click the links instead of opening them in a new tab and most of the time if I'm in the middle of the list and click a link I always have to find my way back to where I was when I go back. 😅

I do agree that this may be annoying to some, to always have a new tab opened, so in that cause would it be an option to add it to the PSNP+ settings menu so it could be toggled on or off?

Thanks again for your hard work making our lives easier! :)

I'm having a little problem when trying to access my game lists. It's not loading it.

On the console of the browser I saw this uncaught error. Maybe is something just for my account 😕

userscript.html?name=PSNP%252B.user.js&id=d584e3d0-cb37-4433-8832-6bfe40c00d5d:6799 Uncaught TypeError: orderFunctions[orderBy] is not a function
    at userscript.html?name=PSNP%252B.user.js&id=d584e3d0-cb37-4433-8832-6bfe40c00d5d:6799:47
    at Array.sort (<anonymous>)
    at ListTable._renderList (userscript.html?name=PSNP%252B.user.js&id=d584e3d0-cb37-4433-8832-6bfe40c00d5d:6794:23)
    at ListTable._build (userscript.html?name=PSNP%252B.user.js&id=d584e3d0-cb37-4433-8832-6bfe40c00d5d:6734:14)
    at new ListTable (userscript.html?name=PSNP%252B.user.js&id=d584e3d0-cb37-4433-8832-6bfe40c00d5d:6268:14)
    at Profile._renderLists (userscript.html?name=PSNP%252B.user.js&id=d584e3d0-cb37-4433-8832-6bfe40c00d5d:5284:15)
    at Profile._processHash (userscript.html?name=PSNP%252B.user.js&id=d584e3d0-cb37-4433-8832-6bfe40c00d5d:5918:18)
    at Proxy.<anonymous> (userscript.html?name=PSNP%252B.user.js&id=d584e3d0-cb37-4433-8832-6bfe40c00d5d:5928:58)
    at Rt (<anonymous>:9:89)
    at n (<anonymous>:69:44)

• Like 1

Is it possible to have 'unobtainable trophies' not count towards "unearned trophies" and "completion %". It's incredibly silly that it counts, it shouldn't count by default imo as it's useless information. If someone plays Rocket league, the unobtainable trophies shouldn't count towards completion or as 'unearned trophies' as they are literally impossible to get. PSNP imo should already has this feature by default as it is the logical way to do things, the way it is currently displayed is very silly indeed. On the profile page the game should state this as an example: 
spacer.png

It would aid in making trophy hunting much more fun by making 100%'s somewhat possible again and provide nothing but useful information on the profile page. 

Edited by dfyd

On 2/20/2024 at 4:39 PM, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Do you think that it would make sense to implement a "Refresh progress" floating menu-button when checking a game series as well? It's definitely not a huge deal, I'm just hoping that this wouldn't pose too much of a hassle since you've already implemented this neat feature when checking the list of a single game.

What's the use case here? If you are looking at some series, you refresh your profile and come back, you will see % go up. Is that useful? Do you play multiple games at once?

On 2/20/2024 at 6:22 PM, immy94 said:

This is more of a general question, but do you (or anyone) know if games which are included in PS Plus Extra/Premium have the date that they will be leaving the services stored on the PSN backend? If so, would it be possible to extract the leaving dates for the games on the services and display this info next to the respective games or on the games' page? It would make it easier to track and determine which games are leaving the services and when and plan accordingly as to when to play them instead of finding out the month before via Sony/the PS Store directly. I suspect that this info isn't stored on the PSN backend at this point in time but thought I'd check anyway.

I don't think it's stored on PSN servers before it's visible in "Leaving soon" section but I can't say for sure. Your best bet is to follow the PS+ Extra/Premium List thread.

On 2/21/2024 at 1:21 PM, AttilaThe13th said:

Great update as always @HusKy, much appreciated! The unobtainable master list is a great addition! Thanks for that! :) 

If it's not too big of a request, in a future update, could you make that the links on the list and on a unobtainable game's trophy lists have a target _blank so they open in a new tab? This isn't game breaking or anything, but I instinctively always click the links instead of opening them in a new tab and most of the time if I'm in the middle of the list and click a link I always have to find my way back to where I was when I go back. 😅

I do agree that this may be annoying to some, to always have a new tab opened, so in that cause would it be an option to add it to the PSNP+ settings menu so it could be toggled on or off?

Thanks again for your hard work making our lives easier! :)

Not sure, Rule of the thumb is to always open in the same tab if it's the same website. Most of the links are forum so.... IDK.

But keep in mind you can open in new tab if you click with mouse wheel or you can also Ctrl+Left click.

22 hours ago, dfyd said:

Is it possible to have 'unobtainable trophies' not count towards "unearned trophies" and "completion %". It's incredibly silly that it counts, it shouldn't count by default imo as it's useless information. If someone plays Rocket league, the unobtainable trophies shouldn't count towards completion or as 'unearned trophies' as they are literally impossible to get. PSNP imo should already has this feature by default as it is the logical way to do things, the way it is currently displayed is very silly indeed. On the profile page the game should state this as an example: 
spacer.png

It would aid in making trophy hunting much more fun by making 100%'s somewhat possible again and provide nothing but useful information on the profile page. 

Not possible right now, the script does not know which specific trophies have been earned by the user.

@HusKyYes you're correct, the use would be limited, this suggestion came to my mind as you've already programmed this feature for individual games and remaining on the series - page could save a few clicks. 

Due to the aspect that you're asking, yes I'm playing multiple versions of the same game indeed, currently The Jackbox Party Pack 9. As for this series, knowing / comparing your current percentage in each version makes quite a bit of sense as the Party Packs consist of individual smaller games offering a few trophies. This means that if you play for example only the first smaller game in each version of the pack and see that you've got 20% progress across all versions, you know that you've earned the same trophies in all versions. 

As stated, no "game-changer" and using your suggested approach is fine as well :)

I'm a Mac user, MacOS 14.3.1 Sonoma, browsing with Safari, bought the tampermonkey extention for 2 EUR and enabled it. But can't progress in step 3 on 'how to install': 

3. With Tampermonkey:

1. Tampermonkey install prompt will appear. Click install.

Install prompt doesn't appear. Don't know what to do.

Edited by Solid-Fisch

8 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

I'm a Mac user, MacOS 14.3.1 Sonoma, browsing with Safari, bought the tampermonkey extention for 2 EUR and enabled it. But can't progress in step 3 on 'how to install': 

3. With Tampermonkey:

1. Tampermonkey install prompt will appear. Click install.

Install prompt doesn't appear. Don't know what to do.

Is the extension enabled in Safari?

33 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Yes, of course. When enabled and activated for a site, I get this loading animation for like 15 seconds before the pop up completely turns white. Then nothing happens. 

temp-Image-Ve-AWgl.avif

My first instinct is, Tampermonkey is crashing. You can contact the developer, I think he is from Germany -- you can have a nice chat. xD

You can also try Userscripts (see first post). Although I suggest it only for iOS, it also supports Safari on macOS. It's free to download.

edit. You can also message me on Discord cWHDWOA.png huskycode and we can resolve this faster.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 1:55 PM, langdon said:

I think I asked this before, but would you mind changing the "Unobtainable Trophies" filter under "Ohter" to work more like With/Without Platinum?

e.g.

- With Unobtainables

- Without Unobtainables

Yes, this should be easy to do.

• Like 2

Hi Husky,

A feature request, and a possible bug for you :)

Feature:

The platform filter that appears on various pages, can we make it a toggle so that we can view multiple platforms at once? e.g. I mostly play on ps5 so when choosing a new game to play I want to filter to and chose from games that are ps5, ps4, and psvr.

I think the data accessability constraints may make this not workable on some pages depending on how much data you can load, but certainly should be possible within gamelists, and maybe the profile so long as load all has ran.

Possible bug:

On the same mentioned filter but specifically in gamelists I have two All options visable to me, one at the top and one at the bottom.

Thanks for all you do for this community.

Editing many notes can be a bit cumbersome: Click dropdown, click Edit Note, click textarea, type, click Save.

Also it seems that clicking Save closes all notes being edited (I was trying to use it like an assembly line, click edit note 10x, type 10x, save 10x).

What if the existing div was just a textarea (or you slapped contentEditable on the div) itself and changes were persisted onBlur or or Input? textarea looks pretty nice and unlocks a ton of potential for editing:

spacer.png

Multi-line comments might be trouble with a textarea, trying to resize it to fit the content...

ETA: OK, contenteditable is a way better visual/usable experience, hehe.

Edited by langdon

On 2/25/2024 at 4:28 PM, jpwbjpwb said:

1. Feature:

The platform filter that appears on various pages, can we make it a toggle so that we can view multiple platforms at once? e.g. I mostly play on ps5 so when choosing a new game to play I want to filter to and chose from games that are ps5, ps4, and psvr.

I think the data accessability constraints may make this not workable on some pages depending on how much data you can load, but certainly should be possible within gamelists, and maybe the profile so long as load all has ran.

2. Possible bug:

On the same mentioned filter but specifically in gamelists I have two All options visable to me, one at the top and one at the bottom.

1. Might do this, no promises. I don't like to tinker with already existing filtering options because they are server based (and arguably better, more efficient).

2. Good call, it's a duplicate. I will remove one of those.

14 hours ago, langdon said:

Editing many notes can be a bit cumbersome: Click dropdown, click Edit Note, click textarea, type, click Save.

Also it seems that clicking Save closes all notes being edited (I was trying to use it like an assembly line, click edit note 10x, type 10x, save 10x).

What if the existing div was just a textarea (or you slapped contentEditable on the div) itself and changes were persisted onBlur or or Input? textarea looks pretty nice and unlocks a ton of potential for editing:

spacer.png

Multi-line comments might be trouble with a textarea, trying to resize it to fit the content...

ETA: OK, contenteditable is a way better visual/usable experience, hehe.

I like the idea with contenteditable. There are several issues with the current implementation. This solution might kill like 5 birds bugs with 1 stone. xD

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 4

On 2/21/2024 at 1:21 PM, HusKy said:

Thanks @immy94 for heads up!

No problem, glad it was helpful and you were able to fix it.

On 2/22/2024 at 4:04 PM, HusKy said:

I don't think it's stored on PSN servers before it's visible in "Leaving soon" section but I can't say for sure. Your best bet is to follow the PS+ Extra/Premium List thread.

Yeah, I suspected that may be the case. Would be great if Sony made it known how long games are/will be on the service for, I get why they don't but still. Thanks anyway.

If it is not too much hassle, would you be able to make some (hopefully) minor changes to the filters for both the profile and game lists:

• For game lists, would you be able to include the "With Platinum" and "Without Platinum" filters that are already available in the profile?
  • For both profiles and game lists, would you be able to add new filters for games that do and do not have DLC, e.g. "With DLC" and "Without DLC"?

No problem if you can't add these. Thanks for the continued work and effort you put into this.

Edited by immy94