[PSNP+ v8.5] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

4 hours ago, HusKy said:

The information about which game is marked as shovelware by PSNP is not public so I can't use this info anywhere in the script.

My personal rule of thumb: if there's too much shovelware in one's profile, it's not worth looking at it at all. xD

Thanks for replying and I agree. 

On to another request:

In "Game Lists" I can sort by Difficulty and Time based on the guides. Is it possible to implement this on the normal game list of the site? Sometimes I just want to find an easy or fast game to clear the backlog. On another hand, if this is not possible, is there a way to mass add games in a list? That way I could add all my not 100% games to a list and use that sort feature.

Just an observation, not sure if it was intended. I have a list of my hidden games where I'm pretty sure I won't ever come back to finish them but have the list just in case I change my mind. On that list the trophy progress is still shown. Do you know if this means that "hidden" is not actually hidden? Or is it some kind of cache from the site and new trophies on hidden games won't update?

1 hour ago, fenris-lima said:

In "Game Lists" I can sort by Difficulty and Time based on the guides. Is it possible to implement this on the normal game list of the site? Sometimes I just want to find an easy or fast game to clear the backlog. On another hand, if this is not possible, is there a way to mass add games in a list? That way I could add all my not 100% games to a list and use that sort feature.

The info comes from trophy lists that you visited in the past. The script creates its own database as you browse PSNP. So it's not really usable in the site wide game search.

The fastest way to add games into a list is to visit that list so it becomes the last active list.

Now go to game search: https://psnprofiles.com/search/games

And use the "Add to list" button on the right side. As you search, the results refresh so it's fairly quick to add dozens of games.

1 hour ago, fenris-lima said:

Just an observation, not sure if it was intended. I have a list of my hidden games where I'm pretty sure I won't ever come back to finish them but have the list just in case I change my mind. On that list the trophy progress is still shown. Do you know if this means that "hidden" is not actually hidden? Or is it some kind of cache from the site and new trophies on hidden games won't update?

PSNP+ is just displaying the last known progress that was collected from your profile. Progress for these games won't update until you unhide them and they appear again in your profile. 👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mcaussiekids said:

Would it be possible to switch to a different regions trophy icon and name?

For example: an option to change Ape Escape: On the Loose, to Ape Escape P.

What would be the purpose?

And I can't even find "Ape Escape P" trophy list.

18 hours ago, HusKy said:

What would be the purpose?

And I can't even find "Ape Escape P" trophy list.

It's probably a niche gripe, but I really do not like the NA trophy icons and titles used for certain games such as Ape Escape Academy and Ape Escape: On the Loose. They're just not the versions I played. 

spacer.png

I have 2 suggestions and I'm hoping they may be implemented in the future!

1. Maybe add a way to import our own trophy images to these games, which gives PSNP+ users more customisation for their lists, and also letting users incorporate their own unique icons! A way to avoid people from making 'fake games' is to not give complete freedom to change a game's title. Like in my second point.

2. I would also like an option to change game titles. It could be a selection from the 'Other Names' list, because giving an option to outright rename any game may lead to people falsely misrepresenting a game they have 100%.

Thank you for reading my suggestions! And thank you immensely for this amazing free service you provide to this community. 😄

On 12/25/2023 at 6:20 AM, mcaussiekids said:

spacer.png

So just to understand this better:

PSNP is showing you played this game: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/23286-ape-escape-on-the-loose/mcaussiekids

but PlayStation is showing the same trophy list as:

ZxbA923.png

Because this looks like something that should be resolved in "Update a trophy list" thread.

26 minutes ago, Mavmathics said:

https://imgur.com/a/2w82TPr

Is it possible to add a filter option for PSVR1 and PSVR2?
since you cant play psvr1 games on psvr2 and vice versa

Not feasible with a script. PSNP is placing all of VR games in the same bag so there's no data to filter by.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Sup Husky! I will buy you another beer if you could add sorting by difficulty and time estimates to the main profile here 

I think I can do that but only for games with known guide info, such as the ones shown on your screenshot.

26 minutes ago, Xillynoc said:

Hello HuskY, this isn't in any way urgent, but would it be possible to add an option to toggle the new "attained trophies highlighting" feature for guides off and on?

Is it really that distracting?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Is it really that distracting?

To an extent, but it's not so much so that I'd say it needs to get done, I was just wondering if we could opt in and out of it like reduced PS5 game icons, hiding obtained trophies, etc., a little more control over the presentation we get with PSNP+. If not, no big deal.

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

I think I can do that but only for games with known guide info, such as the ones shown on your screenshot.

That'd be great! I've gone out of my way to load the guide info for every game on my profile lol 

Also, an additional two beers if you could make these configurable? Like I personally don't care if something has the online tag, but I very much care if something has the missable tag. 

o4HSJgi.png

On 12/28/2023 at 9:36 PM, Xillynoc said:

To an extent, but it's not so much so that I'd say it needs to get done, I was just wondering if we could opt in and out of it like reduced PS5 game icons, hiding obtained trophies, etc., a little more control over the presentation we get with PSNP+. If not, no big deal.

Yeah, just trying to avoid "pilot's cockpit" design where every single feature has a toggle. :)

On 12/28/2023 at 9:51 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Also, an additional two beers if you could make these configurable? Like I personally don't care if something has the online tag, but I very much care if something has the missable tag.

Might look into that but it's definitely a bit more complicated since I don't scrape every single tag but just a few handpicked ones.

1 hour ago, BushidoCypher said:

@HusKy Thanks again for your work! 
How long does it take for the little beer badge to show on a profile? Cheers mate 🍺

Thanks for supporting! 🍻

Your badge will appear in the next 24 hours, though some people might already see it since every user has a different cycle start.

mSbj6JK.png

• Like 1

Hi @HusKy,

i noticed possible bugs while using the exported data from my gamelists in my google sheet:

Vw7lKfE.pngDBcbyfd.png

Left you see psnp+ profile and right psnp+ gamelist.

1. its seems that games with multiple regions stacks dont get their language tag always.
  2. Also in this specific case you see that the CN stack from FFXV dont show the unobtainable trophy icon what it should because it is the same game like the others.^^ I needed to downgrade myself to a lower patch there to be able to get the comrades trophies from the main game still, the same like in the others regions too.
  3. Also in this case it was not possible to get the icons from the guides for the other region stacks after loading the guide with that region stack from Monster of the deep, how you can see.

greetings

luxitu

Edited by luxitu
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, luxitu said:

its seems that games with multiple regions stacks dont get their language tag always.

This looks like a bug but should be easy to fix.

Also in this specific case you see that the CN stack from FFXV dont show the unobtainable trophy icon what it should because it is the same game like the others.^^ I needed to downgrade myself to a lower patch there to be able to get the comrades trophies from the main game still, the same like in the others regions too.

CN stack is missing record in master list, so I just created a report for that:

Also in this case it was not possible to get the icons from the guides for the other region stacks after loading the guide with that region stack from Monster of the deep, how you can see.

Seems OK on my end (except for the region tags):

Zh9hd91.png

Try visiting trophy lists with missing guide info again and it should appear.

Edited by HusKy

Hey @BlindMango, could you send me updated list of regions?

Right now, I have this but it's definitely outdated:

const REGION_MAP = {
  'North American Version': 'NA',
  'European Version': 'EU',
  'Japanese Version': 'JP',
  'Asian Version': 'AS',
  'Hong Kong Version': 'HK',
  'Korean Version': 'KR',
  'Chinese Version': 'CN',
  'United Kingdom Version': 'UK',
  'Australian Version': 'AU',
  'Brazilian Version': 'BR',
  'French Version': 'FR',
  'German Version': 'GER',
  'Russian Version': 'RU',
  'Spanish Version (Spain)': 'ES',
  'Western Version': 'WE',
  'Digital Version': 'DG',
  'Physical Version': 'PH',
  'Original Version': 'OR',
  'Rereleased Version': 'RR'
};

Seems like the word "Version" was changed to "List" (e.g. Chinese List, European List etc.). But I have also stumbled upon some completely new "regions", such as "Bonus/Bundle List". This one also does not have a shorthand tag.

An up-to-date list would be highly appreciated!

• Like 4