Completionist help?

MaverickHunterX

Hey, everyone!  I only have this last trophy before getting the plat, but I’m not really sure what to do next.  For the record:

-I beat the game on normal with Misako and maxed her out

-Reloaded the save, and beat the game again using hard mode, co-op, with Misako and Kunio

-Beat the secret bosses.

-Unlocked all moves for all 4 characters via the Double Dragon Dojo.

-Ate all food and bought every item as Misako (save for the two mystery items at Merlin’s)

NOTE: after everything, there is one open spot in her inventory so 31/32 ATM?

-Destroyed all Sabu Statues and accomplished all side missions.

-Captured at least one variant of each baddie.

I don’t know what else I missed.  From what I understand from various points of the net:

-You don’t have to start New Game Plus nor start that quest with the Cat Statues.

-The two items at Merlin’s aren’t counted in your inventory (same with the bonus cat item above)

-Capturing every enemy variant is not required.

-I’ve also heard mixed on leveling each character to Level 30 (versus making them at least Level 12, to unlock their moves at the Dojo.

is this correct?  What am I missing?  Thanks again 

Edited by MaverickHunterX
Added extra word

They don't have to be all level 30. What seems to take up the most percentage after completing the game is getting every move for all 4 characters & buying all food items & accessories. Didn't know the secret shop doesn't count though.

Edited by Someguy42

9 hours ago, Someguy42 said:

They don't have to be all level 30. What seems to take up the most percentage after completing the game is getting every move for all 4 characters & buying all food items & accessories. Didn't know the secret shop doesn't count though.

Okay, and if I did all of that.  To clarify a bit more.

-Misako has all items eaten (I hope - nothing has a question mark).  I’m also including the spa for one or two players.

-I bought all available items with her (weirdly enough, out of 32 spots (4 pages of 8), there is an empty spot.  Is yours like that?

-And all four characters have their moves bought from the dojo.

With you, did you start New Game Plus, or do the cat statues or buy any of the mystery shop stuff (and if so, with your main character or any of the others)

I've heard so many variants, I don’t know what counts and what doesn’t anymore!  Thanks 

Well getting all the cat collectables on NG+ unlocks an extra accessory which brought me to 34 after buying everything but I had 100% before getting the cat pin so it didn't count. Seems you're missing something. Did you also buy all 4 weapon books from that shop outside where you right Abobo?

Edited by Someguy42

On 9/15/2019 at 11:52 AM, Someguy42 said:

Well getting all the cat collectables on NG+ unlocks an extra accessory which brought me to 34 after buying everything but I had 100% before getting the cat pin so it didn't count. Seems you're missing something. Did you also buy all 4 weapon books from that shop outside where you right Abobo?

I did.

to be honest, I think it’s a glitch in the Asian version.

i gave in and started new game plus, saving money for the special items, and collecting all cats.  I saved before the final boss, and reloaded, noticing my file now said 100%. Two literal seconds later, my last two trophies popped.

I still can’t tell you what happened...

Completionist popped yesterday.  

Here's what I did....

1. Beat game on co op and on hard.

2. Bought and ate all items. Did not get the 5000 dollar items or special books.

3. Beat game and secret boss in normal with secret character.

4. Kyoko is level 30. All others are level 14 or higher. Bought all dojo moves.

5. Recruited all characters except the "snitch" versions. 

6. Got all statues, but only 8 cats. 

Hope that helps. 

• 3 months later...

This trophy is a pain, I have 99% and i don't know how to obtain that 1% that I missing, I already buy all food, accesories, all the moves of the 4 characters, break the sabu Statues, all the Cats, recruit all the enemies with all they variants, buy the 2 items in the secret shop. I finish the game in co-op and hard,  I defeat the secret boss and I finish all the quests.

It's getting really frustrating, I hate this trophy so much. I hope someone can help me. 

Edited by MonsterCondo

I'll just go ahead and post how I got the trophy.

-Bought all moves for all four characters

-Did every quest including that one the cook asks for you to do in the school cafeteria

-Ate every food item

-Bought all the other items and accessories

-Did not have to go for any of the cats in NG+

-Did not have to beat the secret boss on NG+ and I'm willing to say you don't even have to do a whole playthrough, but I beat the final boss anyway just so I could get the extra money.

-Recruited at least one of every type of enemy but didn't recruit every variant

I also only had to buy one item from the Secret Shop since that's when the trophy unlocked for me. However I will note that it unlocked after I went back to the menu, so I think the case here is that the game doesn't register your 100% until you go back to the main menu. But that still doesn't explain why I only had to buy one of the Secret Shop items instead of both.

Edited by Redgrave

I had fallen into the same trap, Went crazy brought all the items again including the secret shop.

But for me I ended up missing a shop that does not show the symbol on the map which was the Sauna in Fancy Hotel Lobby.

Ran past this area so many times in the two playthroughs and never noticed the shop.

• 4 weeks later...

so this trophy seems random. i didnt buy any from hidden shop, although i did enter it. i was playing new game plus saving up the 5k to buy something from the hidden shop since i was stuck at 99%. when i beat the final boss on new game plus, i went back to the file select screen and i had 100% and the trophy popped. luckily i didnt need to buy one of the $5k pins.

so mine was:

explore the whole map (including secret shop)

recruit one of each enemy (each color doesnt count)

do all side quests

destroy all 25 statues

buy all moves for all 4 characters

eat/buy all food/books/games/saunas with the same character

buy all accessories with the same character (minus the secret shops)

beat the secret boss

beat the game again in new game plus (did the side quests again just for the money, dunno if they count)

Edited by EightBitArtist

• 1 year later...
On 2/18/2020 at 8:29 PM, EightBitArtist said:

so this trophy seems random. i didnt buy any from hidden shop, although i did enter it. i was playing new game plus saving up the 5k to buy something from the hidden shop since i was stuck at 99%. when i beat the final boss on new game plus, i went back to the file select screen and i had 100% and the trophy popped. luckily i didnt need to buy one of the $5k pins.

so mine was:

explore the whole map (including secret shop)

recruit one of each enemy (each color doesnt count)

do all side quests

destroy all 25 statues

buy all moves for all 4 characters

eat/buy all food/books/games/saunas with the same character

buy all accessories with the same character (minus the secret shops)

beat the secret boss

beat the game again in new game plus (did the side quests again just for the money, dunno if they count)

Just tested this for me each time did the same reequipments each time I had 99% then I bought 1 item from the secret shop and the trophy popped if anyone is stuck at 99%  

• 5 weeks later...
On 1.1.2022 at 2:11 PM, Titanomachy_75 said:

Just tested this for me each time did the same reequipments each time I had 99% then I bought 1 item from the secret shop and the trophy popped if anyone is stuck at 99%  

Same for me on the PS5 version. I can't remember anymore if I bought one of these accessories from the secret shop on PS4, but I stuck again at 99%. So I just bought one of the secret shop items, returned to the game's main menu and the trophy popped.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaftenMiescha said:

Same for me on the PS5 version. I can't remember anymore if I bought one of these accessories from the secret shop on PS4, but I stuck again at 99%. So I just bought one of the secret shop items, returned to the game's main menu and the trophy popped.

Indeed this is 100% working it seems ;) If you are at 99% and need that one item

• 4 weeks later...

OK guys, I need help finding and equipping all 34 accessories. So far I have 30, and my completion is at 88% and I need four more accessories to get 100% for this category. I've already obtained both half hearts....one for beating the normal boss and the other one for breaking all 25 statues. I have *NOT* started a New Game+ yet. What I want to confirm is, that I need to buy both accessories from the Secret shop? If I save up and buy both of them, will that bring my total accessories from 30 to 32? If yes, then what about the other two? I can't figure out where the other accessories that I'm missing are. Are there a couple more that are only available in NG+? If so where do I find them? And last but not least, do I actually have to *equip* every accessory at least once for it to count, or is simply having them in my inventory enough?

• 1 year later...

Okay, so... I still do not have a definitive way to say how to get to 100%, BUT, you can get there by mixing and matching tactics.

Most things add a percentage, it seems like.

After getting everything, buying all moves and food and accessories, beating the game (both bosses on hard and normal), I was stuck at 99%.

So I just ran and grabbed two recruit variations I didn't have (still don't have them all, either), and it bumped me up to 100%.

So, let's say it's this to get to 100%:

Finish the story, visit all screens

Finish all sidequests

Buy all accessories and moves for all characters

Beat both bosses

Fill in any missing percentage with recruits. Two recruits should equal 1%.