PSNProfiles Stat Milestones

Sly Ripper

I'm old enough to know that when someone start to say that something is not done legit (like sly has said above) they themselves have taken measures to increase the leaderboard stats on psnp.

I'm not taking sides with anyone on this matter as this rivalry will help increase the popularity of both sides, i'm sure YGC felt the same when psnp took the lead and went from 500K to 800K users in only a matter a few weeks/ a couple of months

You're also naive enough to falsify reality. It did not take PSNP only a few weeks to gain the amount of users it has today.

Sly has a limit set so that people can not add massive amounts of users to the site.

Edited by BeautifulTorment
  • Like 1

I'm old enough to know that when someone start to say that something is not done legit (like sly has said above) they themselves have taken measures to increase the leaderboard stats on psnp.

I'm not taking sides with anyone on this matter as this rivalry will help increase the popularity of both sides, i'm sure YGC felt the same when psnp took the lead and went from 500K to 800K users in only a matter a few weeks/ a couple of months

I could easily add an extra 1,000,000 PSNIDs to the site but there's no need, it's a waste of resources. Adding people's friends lists to the site is useful because guess what, people like to compare with their friends. We increase at about 50k tracked users a month, same as it always has been, that's why I track the milestones. Even tracked YGC's for the time while we were behind:

rk46.png

Adding people's friends lists to the site is useful because guess what, people like to compare with their friends.

Ok so i apologise that yes you have gained users of several months i will admit i used a very short time zone but it was just an example however it sounds like you are a bit protective on the subject of the leaderboard and by your very own statement, you add a users friends into the leaderboard so for example 1st on the leaderboard is Hakoom so if they have the maximum 100 friends on their psn they will have added 101 people to the leaderboard by joining themselves.

So then say hakoom has a friend call them user1 who themselves has 100 friends because hakoom friend (user1) is now signed onto the leaderboard you will have to add all their 100 friends so they can track a comparision against their friends, and then user1's friends will be added and so on and so forth, so my original statement is true that in a roundabout way you have modified the numbers on the leaderboard, i just wonder how many of the 850K users you have on the leaderboard have actually added themselves, take the example of me my username was added onto the leaderboard because one of my friends joined so i have been a part of the leaderboard without actually doing it myself, but all said and done it's just a few numbers and it sounds like psnp's sly and ygc's sef are acting like a couple of kids in the playground so i say both of you need to grow up and appreciate what each site does, keeps the community happy and enables people to track their gamercards.

Ok so i apologise that yes you have gained users of several months i will admit i used a very short time zone but it was just an example however it sounds like you are a bit protective on the subject of the leaderboard and by your very own statement, you add a users friends into the leaderboard so for example 1st on the leaderboard is Hakoom so if they have the maximum 100 friends on their psn they will have added 101 people to the leaderboard by joining themselves.

So then say hakoom has a friend call them user1 who themselves has 100 friends because hakoom friend (user1) is now signed onto the leaderboard you will have to add all their 100 friends so they can track a comparision against their friends, and then user1's friends will be added and so on and so forth, so my original statement is true that in a roundabout way you have modified the numbers on the leaderboard, i just wonder how many of the 850K users you have on the leaderboard have actually added themselves, take the example of me my username was added onto the leaderboard because one of my friends joined so i have been a part of the leaderboard without actually doing it myself, but all said and done it's just a few numbers and it sounds like psnp's sly and ygc's sef are acting like a couple of kids in the playground so i say both of you need to grow up and appreciate what each site does, keeps the community happy and enables people to track their gamercards.

Tracking users from friends lists was turned off about 3 months before we moved servers because the queue couldn't handle it.

Here's how often someone puts a PSNID into the homepage and updates:

pbBp.png

Even their own members notice it:

xcss.png

[...] but all said and done it's just a few numbers and it sounds like psnp's sly and ygc's sef are acting like a couple of kids in the playground so i say both of you need to grow up and appreciate what each site does, keeps the community happy and enables people to track their gamercards.

Why wouldn't there be competition between two sites dedicated to video gaming and trophy hunting? Just numbers? You do realize you're at a trophy site, right?

• 3 weeks later...

Even their own members notice it:

xcss.png

Well, actually I use most gamer card websites that exist. ;) But in this case it just seemed bogus to me. I noticed that I dropped more than 3000 ranks in one single night. This is bullshit.

And beside, this is all I have to say:

Unbenannt.PNG

Good night. :)

P.S.: The above pic is a part of a conversation I had with sef. This was the last message and I'm still waiting for a reply. ;)

Edited by ShinjiTao

• 4 weeks later...

This kind of makes me competitive....I have been trying to get in the top 100,000 of the US since I joined here. I am now only 5,000 spots away....but with so many people joining, I need to work even harder! If only money didn't involve work....I think I could obtain top 50,000

• Like 1

This kind of makes me competitive....I have been trying to get in the top 100,000 of the US since I joined here. I am now only 5,000 spots away....but with so many people joining, I need to work even harder! If only money didn't involve work....I think I could obtain top 50,000

I'm sure you will make it. It really is not that hard as the majority of people don't seem to care about trophies. If you are gunning for trophies, you will move up the leaderboards quite fast. I am like ranked in the top 2,000 or so in the US and I only have around 3,330 something trophies. The top guys have over 15,000 trophies, so you really don't need too much. :)

Well, actually I use most gamer card websites that exist. ;) But in this case it just seemed bogus to me. I noticed that I dropped more than 3000 ranks in one single night. This is bullshit.

And beside, this is all I have to say:

Unbenannt.PNG

Good night. :)

P.S.: The above pic is a part of a conversation I had with sef. This was the last message and I'm still waiting for a reply. ;)

Good job, cheaters won't defend themselves. His silence is all yah need to know. :)

Edited by DanielVT

I just signed in and noticed that at the main page it said 887,440 gamers tracked, yet in this forum it says we crossed the milestone of 900,000 gamers tracked. Can someone tell me what gives?

I'm guessing we lost quite a few people when the site had to be rolled back to an older version.

I'm guessing we lost quite a few people when the site had to be rolled back to an older version.

Oh...... that's right, I forgot all about that. Great, that means YGC gets and even bigger lead.....cheaters <_<. Thanks for clarifying for me. :)

Edited by DanielVT

Oh...... that's right, I forgot all about that. Great, that means YGC gets and even bigger lead.....cheaters <_<. Thanks for clarifying for me. :)

totalpsnp.png

As tw34kfr34ky said, this site was down for 2 days and sly had too use a 4 weeks old backup.

In my graphic you can see how much gamers psnp had lost and how long this site was down.

Additionaly you can see, that before the crash the user count raised much faster than now.

I think I will make a statistic graph for ygc too, because I think they stuck between 1,170,000 and 1,180,000 for a long time.

And I dont think ygc is cheating. Both sites have psnids who were not added by their owners, but by other gamers or friendlists.

But on ygc it is much more easy to add a foreign psnid. There is no limit per ip.

And I have to say, that if you have rang for example 3000 here, you dont have rang 3000 global. Because there are many gamers out there which have more trophy points than you and not listed here.

So, go to another smaller leaderboard, if you want to have a better rang.

The more gamer a leaderboard has, the more real your rang gets. (but sly does not want that ;) )

Edited by kareha_

Since we are 4,000 users away from tracking 900,000 users, I realized how close we are from 1 million users. I was wondering if we could celebrate this major milestone when it happens, Sly. Maybe like decorate the site with a banner, or flashing lights etc. for a week. I just think something so big should be made a huge deal over.

• 3 weeks later...