Blur platinum unobtainable if...

Astrailla

10 hours ago, talespagni said:

Yes, my main appears, but the secondary doesn't.

When I needed to select a rival to do the other "friend challenge" trophy, I selected another friend I had, instead of the secondary.

Yeah, then that's probably what we discussed before on the thread. If you appear on the LBs you can get the trophy. If not, then as of now, you can't get it.

Thanks for checking it out.

On 2. 1. 2021 at 0:04 AM, talespagni said:

Just a quick heads up: I was able to get both "friend challenges" trophies just right now.

My account was created in 2011. My secondary was created around 2015, if I'm not mistaken.

Played first with my secondary, did the 1st single player race and sent the challenge to my main.

Switched to the main, the challenge didn't appear.

Switched back to the secondary, did another single player race (sent this challenge as well), and then an online race too.

Finally, switched back to the main, the 1st challenge did appear. Accepted it. Took me 3 tries to beat the challenge (there's no problem about that, I guess you can retry a certain amount of times - unlimited? 7 days? I don't know). Thus, challenge beaten.

Then, sent a re-challenge, trophy popped immediately.

It's important to note that, in my secondary profile, the challenge sent by the main didn't appear. As someone wrote above, it doesn't matter.

At last, did the other "friend challenge" trophy. My secondary didn't appear as selectable in the leaderboards, so I selected another friend. Trophy popped quickly.

Just leaving this post here, step by step, because I was worried these trophies would glitch/bug on me. Hopefully it helps other people.

So did you play any online activision games on your main account before this? If yes, I'm assuming you didnt play any on your other acc? This would confirm more our theory.

Hey guys, you all right? Hope so...

Still checking this topic every couple days, to see if anyone get this buggy trophy. I've tried some steps you posted before, but no lucky. For now i believe it has something to do with playing another activision games, like some people said, then your name comes out to be registered on the leaderboard at Blur game. 

Well, to be honest, i'm losing hope on this...but who knows, maybe we find some solution soon! 

See you.

1 hour ago, BrunoGilberto said:

Hey guys, you all right? Hope so...

Still checking this topic every couple days, to see if anyone get this buggy trophy. I've tried some steps you posted before, but no lucky. For now i believe it has something to do with playing another activision games, like some people said, then your name comes out to be registered on the leaderboard at Blur game. 

Well, to be honest, i'm losing hope on this...but who knows, maybe we find some solution soon! 

See you.

Same

At the very least I'm trying to get every other online trophy in case something comes up later on, a private server, or whatever. If we are enough we can always try to ask Activision but don't think it will be useful.

LBs in general are completely broken, hackers on top 3 always, and some people who appear only do on some trials, not all of them. Hope we find a solution for this.

14 hours ago, BrunoGilberto said:

So, what about a petition like that... Maybe it can be a start  to make noise, call activision attention. Did anyone tried this yet?

https://www.change.org/p/twitter-com-eahelp-lang-en-ea-please-fix-dlc-trophies-on-pvz-gw2-it-s-not-fair-for-the-players

That's a pretty good idea, but if we are going for that we need to organize in order to do it.

• Like 1

The studio that made this game has been gone since 2011. I don’t think a petition will work, let alone you can find enough people to sign it. I managed to get the friends trophy in my main account yesterday.

The challenge I sent out to my alt account (created my alt in 2019) It took a couple of seconds before it showed up when I was in the challenge menu, where it initially said I had no challenges. It popped in the menu after 5-10 seconds. My alt has never played blur before yesterday. I’ll try it vice versa and see if I can get the trophy to unlock on my alt account. I was able to send challenge back and forth from alt to main

Edited by neospoon
  • Like 3

On 25. 1. 2021 at 10:48 AM, neospoon said:

The studio that made this game has been gone since 2011. I don’t think a petition will work, let alone you can find enough people to sign it. I managed to get the friends trophy in my main account yesterday.

The challenge I sent out to my alt account (created my alt in 2019) It took a couple of seconds before it showed up when I was in the challenge menu, where it initially said I had no challenges. It popped in the menu after 5-10 seconds. My alt has never played blur before yesterday. I’ll try it vice versa and see if I can get the trophy to unlock on my alt account. I was able to send challenge back and forth from alt to main

Let us know if you were able to get it on your young alt acc.

• 1 month later...

Greetings, I just got the cursed "Friends Make Better Enemies" trophy after some creativity & hassle.

Note that my PSN account is from 2011. In fact, I remember buying my copy of Blur at the store! So, I don't have advice if your PSN account is relatively young.

A few months ago, I changed my PSN ID; picked up Blur again in February 2021. My progress (online & offline) worked despite an ID change. However, I couldn't receive any Friend challenges.

I talked to PlayStation Support to revert to my old PSN ID. (I just learned you can change to any previous PSN ID free of charge).

I was then able to send myself (old ID) a challenge from an alternate account (created in 2021), and received it with my old ID! To earn the trophy, I beat the challenge and sent a re-challenge.

Lastly, I talked to PlayStation Support and "re-reverted" my PSN ID to my current ID.

Also, did not check if my old ID was on the leaderboard. I checked challenges first - that's what the goal is, anyway!

Interesting note: On my alternate account, I was able to see that I had received and beaten the challenge, but naturally I did not receive the re-challenge on the alternate account. 

Edited by BigRational
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2021 at 7:53 AM, BigRational said:

Greetings, I just got the cursed "Friends Make Better Enemies" trophy after some creativity & hassle.

Note that my PSN account is from 2011. In fact, I remember buying my copy of Blur at the store! So, I don't have advice if your PSN account is relatively young.

A few months ago, I changed my PSN ID; picked up Blur again in February 2021. My progress (online & offline) worked despite an ID change. However, I couldn't receive any Friend challenges.

I talked to PlayStation Support to revert to my old PSN ID. (I just learned you can change to any previous PSN ID free of charge).

I was then able to send myself (old ID) a challenge from an alternate account (created in 2021), and received it with my old ID! To earn the trophy, I beat the challenge and sent a re-challenge.

Lastly, I talked to PlayStation Support and "re-reverted" my PSN ID to my current ID.

Also, did not check if my old ID was on the leaderboard. I checked challenges first - that's what the goal is, anyway!

Interesting note: On my alternate account, I was able to see that I had received and beaten the challenge, but naturally I did not receive the re-challenge on the alternate account. 

I believe friendly completion and friends makes better enemy trophy mostly only works on old account but some new account still earned this trophy and yeah i need friends who post Leaderboard to earn this trophy

3 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

I would love an update on this. This issue is truly bizarre.

As of now, I think the issue is still there, unfortunately. I've thought of some ways to maybe solve this in some way or another, but nope, no luck so far. Honestly, I don't think it would work but maybe if you change your ID with someone who appears on the LBs to do that trophy, you may appear on the LBs. Then you get the trophy and you both revert it back to normal. Would be cool but I highly doubt that would do anything.

Looking at your profile (you seem to aim for 100% completion), if you wanna try this game, you could try checking if you appear on the LBs, and if you don't, then you delete the trophy list. If you play cautious enough on the first race you probably won't have problems. Anyways, backing up every save and everything just in case you get a trophy and you don't want to sync is a far superior choice, just in case.

Btw, nice pun there :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OmiGaming_PS said:

As of now, I think the issue is still there, unfortunately. I've thought of some ways to maybe solve this in some way or another, but nope, no luck so far. Honestly, I don't think it would work but maybe if you change your ID with someone who appears on the LBs to do that trophy, you may appear on the LBs. Then you get the trophy and you both revert it back to normal. Would be cool but I highly doubt that would do anything.

Looking at your profile (you seem to aim for 100% completion), if you wanna try this game, you could try checking if you appear on the LBs, and if you don't, then you delete the trophy list. If you play cautious enough on the first race you probably won't have problems. Anyways, backing up every save and everything just in case you get a trophy and you don't want to sync is a far superior choice, just in case.

Btw, nice pun there :)

So it sounds to me like no one has successfully fixed this for themselves as of today. That is a real shame. I’m open to try some stuff, but it looks like I might be blocked from starting it since I did one race, no trophies, and no leaderboard position. I deleted the 0% and I will move on if I have to but that seriously sucks.

2 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

So it sounds to me like no one has successfully fixed this for themselves as of today. That is a real shame. I’m open to try some stuff, but it looks like I might be blocked from starting it since I did one race, no trophies, and no leaderboard position. I deleted the 0% and I will move on if I have to but that seriously sucks.

Yeah, as of now, nobody who encountered this issue has been able to solve it, sadly.
I'm hopeful something may come up someday, but yeah, if you don't appear on the LBs, don't start it for now if you are aiming for a 100% completion rate.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 4:13 PM, OmiGaming_PS said:

Yeah, as of now, nobody who encountered this issue has been able to solve it, sadly.
I'm hopeful something may come up someday, but yeah, if you don't appear on the LBs, don't start it for now if you are aiming for a 100% completion rate.

I tried playing Modern Warfare 2 on my alt and it also did not show up on that leaderboard and my progress reset just like in Blur. It has to either be an account age issue or an Activision issue. Either way, I don’t think it will get fixed.

30 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I tried playing Modern Warfare 2 on my alt and it also did not show up on that leaderboard and my progress reset just like in Blur. It has to either be an account age issue or an Activision issue. Either way, I don’t think it will get fixed.

So will the plat be unobtainable?

6 hours ago, Hysteria said:

So will the plat be unobtainable?

It appears to be for Blur if it is on your list and you don’t appear on the leaderboard because that means you can’t receive friend challenges. If you delete your save, you revert back to level 1 so it’s like you simply aren’t being tracked. Thankfully I didn’t pop a trophy in it so it is not on my list, but I really wanted the plat.

• 4 weeks later...

I've talked with a friend over this, and he got to the conclusion that i'm coming around to.

A few years ago, around the time PS4 and XBOX One (just speculation from my friends part, but it fits) came out, Activision messed around with their online infrastructure, and they screwed up some things. One of those things, appear to be the leaderboards.

My account is old, but there is a common theme. I've never played an Activision game online before. Singularity was the first one, and i had problems joining matches. My friend has had the exact same problem, with Singularity, with Wolfenstein 2009, with DJ Hero 2.

So, this is something that Activision did for some reason, and they probably won't fix it. Those that can't send friend challenges have to conform to not having a plat, because i don't see Activision fixing this.

Also, for those trying the rank 50 stuff, you can do it, but you'll have to do it in one sitting, because this also affects the saving of the online progression.

Edited by juniordrfanatic
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So is there anyway possible way for getting this trophy I’ve every trophy in this game except friends makes better enemies , I saw even new players with new account getting it it’s really weird and frustrating at the same time :/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Abady-IVI said:

So is there anyway possible way for getting this trophy I’ve every trophy in this game except friends makes better enemies , I saw even new players with new account getting it it’s really weird and frustrating at the same time :/

Same, and I don't think there is yet.

On 9/6/2021 at 7:03 PM, juniordrfanatic said:

I've talked with a friend over this, and he got to the conclusion that i'm coming around to.

A few years ago, around the time PS4 and XBOX One (just speculation from my friends part, but it fits) came out, Activision messed around with their online infrastructure, and they screwed up some things. One of those things, appear to be the leaderboards.

My account is old, but there is a common theme. I've never played an Activision game online before. Singularity was the first one, and i had problems joining matches. My friend has had the exact same problem, with Singularity, with Wolfenstein 2009, with DJ Hero 2.

So, this is something that Activision did for some reason, and they probably won't fix it. Those that can't send friend challenges have to conform to not having a plat, because i don't see Activision fixing this.

Also, for those trying the rank 50 stuff, you can do it, but you'll have to do it in one sitting, because this also affects the saving of the online progression.

The rank 50 thingy is not true, I can't appear on the LBs but all my online progress saves perfectly, perhaps there are various degrees of fucked up account to it, idk

Edited by OmiGaming_PS
typo
  • Like 1

After reading all this thread, I may be wrong, but I don't think that it's important when your account was created or if you played a Activision game, because in both cases, there are people here saying that they got the trophy in a new account or they never played an Activision multiplayer.

And the thing about programming is that it can't be random, unless you want it to be, which is not the case with this trophy.

The thought that occurred to me when I was reading is about the friends list. During the Stone Age of PSN, when we could have only 50 friends added, some games were made in a way that the friends list from the game have only those 50 slots. And when the number of friends got bigger, those games started to show only the first 50 friends you had.

My theory is that people with less than 50 friends can get the trophy, because if someone in their list played Blur, they will appear in the leaderboard. Now, if you have more than 50 friends, and none of the 50 oldest friends have played Blur, then nobody will appear in the leaderboard, because even if you add someone who played, the game won't recognize that you have a new friend after the 50th.

I may be wrong, but can someone verify this?

• Like 4