Blur platinum unobtainable if...

Astrailla

On 1/10/2020 at 7:32 AM, Potent_Delusions said:

Which trophy is the one that is screwed?Is it "Friends make better enemies" ? If so, i've found someone who started a week ago and earned the trophy already.

That’s the one. His stats were saved on the leaderboards and was able to get the trophy. 

• Like 1

If only someone had heeded my warning. Lol jk.

I do find it odd how LB related trophies have been the talk as of late. I know 2 of which recently started working again and here is Blur, the odd one out. 

I dont know what makes it so unique that only a handful can pop it and others can't. Has anyone found any sort of correlation, yet?

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

10 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

If only someone had heeded my warning. Lol jk.

I do find it odd how LB related trophies have been the talk as of late. I know 2 of which recently started working again and here is Blur, the odd one out. 

I dont know what makes it so unique that only a handful can pop it and others can't. Has anyone found any sort of correlation, yet?

I think it has to do with some sort of older players / new players thing and with name changing as well.

So you created the profile late 2015/2016 you are out of luck to get it. But some new players also managed to get it. So i think it's just randomly for everyone. I'm not sure if there is a fix for this, all what you can do is keep trying and hope for the best.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

On 12/01/2020 at 1:58 PM, TazDevilz1986 said:

I think it has to do with some sort of older players / new players thing and with name changing as well.

So you created the profile late 2015/2016 you are out of luck to get it. But some new players also managed to get it. So i think it's just randomly for everyone. I'm not sure if there is a fix for this, all what you can do is keep trying and hope for the best.

This, basically.

I only just got the game, but my PSN goes back to 2010 so I was ok, if anyone after 15/16 gets it it's probably luck.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have started this game today and was able to achieve the friend challenge trophy. So I can confirm that you can still achieve it even when you didn't play this game years ago. What I noticed was also that my alt account couldn't see the challenge I sent from my main, but for the trophy its not necessary. The challenge I sent from my alt to my main showed up perfectly and I could beat it and got the trophy. If you care about 100% completion I would suggest that you try this trophy first and when it doesn't work just delete your account from your ps3.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Bleh, looks like I might be out of luck on this (started the game today, account from May 2014).. I'll keep trying and update if anything changes.

--EDIT--

I can only assume it has something to do with account creation and how it was created, or you've just got to catch the servers on a good day.. @HaserPL earnt his first ever trophy just a minute before mine, and on the flip side @mamamotja2 earnt theirs 6 months later than mine. Both were able to earn Friends make better enemies, but I on the other hand cannot. Unless both created their profiles some time before earning any trophies at all? ?

Just to confirm I have not changed username since creating this account.

Edited by iXanon

On 20.04.2020 at 10:21 PM, iXanon said:

Bleh, looks like I might be out of luck on this (started the game today, account from May 2014).. I'll keep trying and update if anything changes.

--EDIT--

I can only assume it has something to do with account creation and how it was created, or you've just got to catch the servers on a good day.. @HaserPL earnt his first ever trophy just a minute before mine, and on the flip side @mamamotja2 earnt theirs 6 months later than mine. Both were able to earn Friends make better enemies, but I on the other hand cannot. Unless both created their profiles some time before earning any trophies at all? 1f914.png

My account was created around 6 months before I got my very first trophy. It was just an account on which I played some random online games like MW3/BO1, and you don't get any trophies unless you go for them actively. 

• Like 1

IMO it has to do with whether you played an activision game before a certain date (app early-mid 2019 I think). In some activision games its play an mp game, in this its just do a race so your score got uploaded. If you did and your account got saved on their leaderboards it will save all your scores even years later and since its tied to the leaderboards friends make better enemies is obtainable. If you haven´t you´re out of luck. Also in games like wolfenstein, transformers, even old call of duties etc. your xp rank gets/got reset every time you closed the game. Maybe the leaderboards just got broken/closed down or it reached its max amount of entries.  Thats why so many new accounts are affected but its not necessarily a case of when your account got created

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have and old account, probably from 2009, and I can't get the 2 trophies related to the leaderboards. What @donner_blitz said is possibly the most plausible reason, since I didn't play any COD or activision online mode, I can't add my scores to the leaderboards. I don't now if it's relevant but I changed my psn username. I'll continue looking into that issue, if for some miraculous reason I get the trophies I'll share here.

On 22.04.2020 at 7:32 PM, donner_blitz said:

IMO it has to do with whether you played an activision game before a certain date (app early-mid 2019 I think). In some activision games its play an mp game, in this its just do a race so your score got uploaded. If you did and your account got saved on their leaderboards it will save all your scores even years later and since its tied to the leaderboards friends make better enemies is obtainable. If you haven´t you´re out of luck. Also in games like wolfenstein, transformers, even old call of duties etc. your xp rank gets/got reset every time you closed the game. Maybe the leaderboards just got broken/closed down or it reached its max amount of entries.  Thats why so many new accounts are affected but its not necessarily a case of when your account got created

Might be true. My friend who created his account in early 2019 but hasn't played any Activision game until November wasn't able to get said trophies in BLUR, but my alt-try-hard account made in June 2019 where I played BO2/BO1/WAW a lot, got them with no problems whatsoever. 

Edited by HaserPL
Im dumb
  • Like 1

On 22/04/2020 at 6:32 PM, donner_blitz said:

On 05/05/2020 at 10:05 AM, Namek_pd said:

I have and old account, probably from 2009, and I can't get the 2 trophies related to the leaderboards. What @donner_blitz said is possibly the most plausible reason, since I didn't play any COD or activision online mode, I can't add my scores to the leaderboards. I don't now if it's relevant but I changed my psn username. I'll continue looking into that issue, if for some miraculous reason I get the trophies I'll share here.

There seems to be some merit here.. I just tested my ancient account that was originally created on a PS2, which must be pre-2010 I'd have thought, and still have the same issues..

Username has never been changed.

Edited by iXanon

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So...

Has anyone here messaged Activision about it?

Because they may be able to fix it, since, imho, it has to do with the leaderboards being almost full.

A leaderboards reset may solve the problem pretty easily.

If it's not that, they may look into it

It's not only a few people that can't get the trophy, it's totally random, since my account is from 2016 and my first played game was BO3 on the PS3.

And even if they do it a few days before the server shutdown (whenever it comes), it would still work out.

It's worth a try, if we make enough noise, even if some people said they'll pass

We should all send a report about it.

Edited by OmiGaming_PS

• 2 months later...
On 17. 9. 2020 at 0:40 PM, OmiGaming_PS said:

So...

Has anyone here messaged Activision about it?

Because they may be able to fix it, since, imho, it has to do with the leaderboards being almost full.

A leaderboards reset may solve the problem pretty easily.

If it's not that, they may look into it

It's not only a few people that can't get the trophy, it's totally random, since my account is from 2016 and my first played game was BO3 on the PS3.

And even if they do it a few days before the server shutdown (whenever it comes), it would still work out.

It's worth a try, if we make enough noise, even if some people said they'll pass

We should all send a report about it.

Where should we message them?

So I just did the first career race and I can see myself on the leaderboards for it, does that mean I'm safe to get the platinum? The only Activision game I ever played online was the COD WWII beta on PS4

Edit: Unless Overwatch counts as an Activision game

Edit 2: The answer was yes, I got all the online trophies

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, i'm following this topic and hoping to achieve a solution, whatever it is. I'm still trying to get the trophy friends make better enemies, but no luck so far. Started playing in January 2019, and didnt played any games from activison, except for the COD WWII, after i've read this topic. Still no trophy, but i continue to try. 

Edited by DaivRules

On 11/30/2020 at 2:31 AM, BeeR3Dx said:

Where should we message them?

I think the most likely options would be either their Activision Support Twitter, or their website (we would have to ask for another game's bug first though, since there is no Blur option). As far as I have seen, there is no e-mail support but I dunno for sure. If we are sending something it would be best to be more people and do it at a similar time, in order to get more attention.

I've already tried a few weird tricks, like trying to link my Twitter account or a Blur account in case it does something. First option doesn't work for me but that's maybe because my Twitter is months old, not years. Second option can't be done, since Blur's website is no longer up (there are remnants of it on archive.org though, don't know if that would really help). You can check those things if you want in case it works.

Edited by DaivRules

13 hours ago, OmiGaming_PS said:

I think the most likely options would be either their Activision Support Twitter, or their website (we would have to ask for another game's bug first though, since there is no Blur option). As far as I have seen, there is no e-mail support but I dunno for sure. If we are sending something it would be best to be more people and do it at a similar time, in order to get more attention.

I've already tried a few weird tricks, like trying to link my Twitter account or a Blur account in case it does something. First option doesn't work for me but that's maybe because my Twitter is months old, not years. Second option can't be done, since Blur's website is no longer up (there are remnants of it on archive.org though, don't know if that would really help). You can check those things if you want in case it works.

I'm up to do the rest of the online trophies and try to send a challenge too. My ID is the same as my username here.

On 11. 12. 2020 at 6:30 PM, BrunoGilberto said:

Hello guys, i'm following this topic and hoping to achieve a solution, whatever it is. I'm still trying to get the trophy friends make better enemies, but no luck so far. Started playing in January 2019, and didnt played any games from activison, except for the COD WWII, after i've read this topic. Still no trophy, but i continue to try. PSN ID BrunoGilberto if everyone has the patience, please send me some challenges, so i can randomly get it, or not...Thanks anyway!

So is this 100% confirmed that in order for it to work you had to play any Activision game in the past? Because in Shadiochao case it gives me hope that even I could obtain it. I would like to platinum that game someday but now the information is so blurry that Im scared to start it because then it would just be a waste of time. So yeah If any of you will get it I guess I would join and try it too.

As for messaging support Im all up for it, but we should make an organized decision and everybody should contact them the same way.

On 16/12/2020 at 7:05 AM, BeeR3Dx said:

So is this 100% confirmed that in order for it to work you had to play any Activision game in the past? Because in Shadiochao case it gives me hope that even I could obtain it. I would like to platinum that game someday but now the information is so blurry that Im scared to start it because then it would just be a waste of time. So yeah If any of you will get it I guess I would join and try it too.

As for messaging support Im all up for it, but we should make an organized decision and everybody should contact them the same way.

We don't really know what's causing the problem, wish we did.

Yeah, if we organize properly I'm all for it, it's worth a try.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, talespagni said:

Just a quick heads up: I was able to get both "friend challenges" trophies just right now.

My account was created in 2011. My secondary was created around 2015, if I'm not mistaken.

Played first with my secondary, did the 1st single player race and sent the challenge to my main.

Switched to the main, the challenge didn't appear.

Switched back to the secondary, did another single player race (sent this challenge as well), and then an online race too.

Finally, switched back to the main, the 1st challenge did appear. Accepted it. Took me 3 tries to beat the challenge (there's no problem about that, I guess you can retry a certain amount of times - unlimited? 7 days? I don't know). Thus, challenge beaten.

Then, sent a re-challenge, trophy popped immediately.

It's important to note that, in my secondary profile, the challenge sent by the main didn't appear. As someone wrote above, it doesn't matter.

At last, did the other "friend challenge" trophy. My secondary didn't appear as selectable in the leaderboards, so I selected another friend. Trophy popped quickly.

Just leaving this post here, step by step, because I was worried these trophies would glitch/bug on me. Hopefully it helps other people.

Can you confirm if your accounts appear on the leaderboards? From what you've said it seems you appear on the main but not on the secondary. May be mistaken so if you can tell us it would be appreciated.

19 hours ago, talespagni said:

Just a quick heads up: I was able to get both "friend challenges" trophies just right now.

My account was created in 2011. My secondary was created around 2015, if I'm not mistaken.

Played first with my secondary, did the 1st single player race and sent the challenge to my main.

Switched to the main, the challenge didn't appear.

Switched back to the secondary, did another single player race (sent this challenge as well), and then an online race too.

Finally, switched back to the main, the 1st challenge did appear. Accepted it. Took me 3 tries to beat the challenge (there's no problem about that, I guess you can retry a certain amount of times - unlimited? 7 days? I don't know). Thus, challenge beaten.

Then, sent a re-challenge, trophy popped immediately.

It's important to note that, in my secondary profile, the challenge sent by the main didn't appear. As someone wrote above, it doesn't matter.

At last, did the other "friend challenge" trophy. My secondary didn't appear as selectable in the leaderboards, so I selected another friend. Trophy popped quickly.

Just leaving this post here, step by step, because I was worried these trophies would glitch/bug on me. Hopefully it helps other people.

Tried this and it still doesn’t work for me unfortunately.