General difficulty

TenebraZero

11 minutes ago, TenebraZero said:

That's good to hear , i was afraid about the difficulty more hard respect FF XIV( the Only mmmorpg i have played). Is fishing that hard?

Nah, you can afk. I've done like 30 or 40 hours of fishing, made tons of money before the patch but it's just a huge grind. They added a chair you can sit in for more xp but it doesn't help too much. I use my second console and just leave it running. You just have to empty your inventory every so often so make sure you get those extra slots. 

Everything else is basically a chore just not as bad. And seriously as a mage combat has been a joke so far but I've only made it to the third village story wise. Fishing has been my priority.  

Edited by RoxasOnFire

21 minutes ago, TenebraZero said:

@RoxasOnFire thanks for the Infos, One last thing, it's useful to shop DLCs? Shopping the various Skin Is purely cosmetic or you can hai benefit in game?

I have the bloodborne looking skin and the whole set adds xp bonuses. But honestly you can skip all that and use servers with bonuses or eat some food that helps. Leveling your base character isn't bad if you only do quests. The pets do help but I always forget mine. Its mostly cosmetic really.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Sorry to dig up a old post lol but is this a good game to play? Currently on sale and I’ve been looking at it for a while now. 

I mean...it doesn't feel like an mmo since most stats are crafting or skill oriented and most the game can be solo'd imo, but it is a good game for what its worth. The story is decent and the gear is fun to obtain but it feels like more of a grind than anything. 

1 minute ago, RoxasOnFire said:

I mean...it doesn't feel like an mmo since most stats are crafting or skill oriented and most the game can be solo'd imo, but it is a good game for what its worth. The story is decent and the gear is fun to obtain but it feels like more of a grind than anything. 

I see. So for $14 (sale price) would you recommend it? 

48 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

I see. So for $14 (sale price) would you recommend it? 

If you don't mind a seriously massive afk grindfest for fishing alone then yeah. I paid full price for it and wish I waited but I can't stress the grind enough lol. Its not like other mmo's. You barely have to do combat unless that's what you wanna focus on.

7 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

If you don't mind a seriously massive afk grindfest for fishing alone then yeah. I paid full price for it and wish I waited but I can't stress the grind enough lol. Its not like other mmo's. You barely have to do combat unless that's what you wanna focus on.

Gotcha. I think I’ll pass for now. I appreciate you. Thanks!!

19 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Fishing is easy AFK money. Given how the company's events on PC it would be smart of get fishing to a high level any since they will do some golden fishing events a couple times a year. 
Active money making comes from killing mobs and selling the trash loot.

For the plat all I need is horse training, gathering, and fishing. 

Edit: Don't need gathering since making a Shai gives you high enough level right out of creation

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Fishing is easy AFK money. Given how the company's events on PC it would be smart of get fishing to a high level any since they will do some golden fishing events a couple times a year. 
Active money making comes from killing mobs and selling the trash loot.

For the plat all I need is horse training, gathering, and fishing. 

Edit: Don't need gathering since making a Shai gives you high enough level right out of creation

Yeah I have more money than I know what to do with thanks to fishing.  Never heard of the Shai in creation I'll have to peep that. 

17 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Gotcha. I think I’ll pass for now. I appreciate you. Thanks!!

No prob man, still a good game, just grindy.

Hilariously stupid grind... Wonder how much it has cost me to keep the PS4 running every night for a month now afk fishing. xD And I have the feeling it will drastically slow down for the last 10 levels... Will take another month I guess. The console is also louder than I've ever heard it be while playing this game but opening the map reduces the fan noise to tolerable level thank god.

Funny thing is I know I will delete this game the instant the plat pops, can't stand the screen shaking constantly in combat and not seeing anything at all during night time if you have camera angle too low. Playing this hurts my head which is really rare, can't remember any other game that has done that.

Edited by Poramies

On 14/12/2019 at 11:05 PM, Poramies said:

Hilariously stupid grind... Wonder how much it has cost me to keep the PS4 running every night for a month now afk fishing. xD And I have the feeling it will drastically slow down for the last 10 levels... Will take another month I guess. The console is also louder than I've ever heard it be while playing this game but opening the map reduces the fan noise to tolerable level thank god.

Just to throw some numbers here for people wanting to buy this game. I played 100% for the trophies, had the best stats (5) and gears possible for fishing (+10 rod and +3 fishing armor(+5 is max but good luck trying to get that.. You'll understand when you try)) and at the end of my run, my playtime was 32 days. I did manually fishing quite a few times, about 30 to 50 hours while watching movies... Because it's boring af. Sure it's 90% AFK, but insanely grindy. The fishing trophy without AFK is a good 200 hours atleast. Triple or even quatruple that number if you plan to AFK only. 

• 1 month later...
On 15.12.2019 at 5:05 AM, Poramies said:

Funny thing is I know I will delete this game the instant the plat pops, can't stand the screen shaking constantly in combat and not seeing anything at all during night time if you have camera angle too low. Playing this hurts my head which is really rare, can't remember any other game that has done that.

But you can zoom out of the Character if you hold the right stick for 3 seconds and move it down. You keep the settings if you use the left stick after that.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Glacier_Silver said:

I'm at 33 days of playing this. Fishing at night and while I'm at work and grinding quests or processing when I get to play. My processing has 1.5 levels left, my fishing has 14.8 levels left, and my horse training is Level 9/41.

I hate this game. Good graphics when its not lagging (the boob jiggle is real). The combat is shit, the worst mmo I've ever played. The story is ok so far. Inventory bag/weight management is all about the real cash money. The lifeskills are named appropriately, grindy as hell. Don't forget about your labor workers that you pay a worker manager for, and that you only supply them with a house and food and they get you resources. That's what you call slaves. Yes you have slaves in this game. They should rename this game SMO Slave manager online: The idle fishing game.

I give this game a 4 out 10 recommendation only for the hottie I created.

I have played this game for about 1hour... Cancelled After that.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Very confused. I just made my first character, A Sira (might have spelled her class wrong [sorry in advance], and popped both gathering trophies right away when loading into the game. Not sure I understand why lol

Solved it. Sira starts with high gathering and you unlock both trophies picking her. Disregard this message.

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin