Tomb Raider Sequel coming to next gen consoles and PC

xzero4812

Square Enix has confirmed that Tomb Raider sequel will make it to next gen consoles, and will have a comic series to bridge the two games together. which is a relief considering that they were highly disapointed in the sales despite it being the highest selling game in the franchise

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/note-phil-rogers-ceo

i guess they figure any thing that doesnt make final fantasy/Dragon Quest numbers is a failure

It was the second best selling game of march understandably behind Bioshock Infinite, Square Enix just have really high selling standards I guess.

Edited by xzero4812

I'm surprised they are making a sequel considering they considered the game a failure.

3.4 mm sold would be more of a "below expectations" than a "failure" IMO.

I personally didn't play the game and probably won't. Maybe I'll get it when the collector's edition is $20

3.4 mm sold would be more of a "below expectations" than a "failure" IMO.

I personally didn't play the game and probably won't. Maybe I'll get it when the collector's edition is $20

Those were Square Enix's exact words. I agree with you the game sold very well and they should have said it did not sell as much as they wanted but they came out and called the game a failure.

Also I believe this is a great game and you should definitely play it, but avoid the Multiplayer it is horrible. I would even go as far to say if there is nothing else good coming out besides GTA 5 it could be a Nominee for GOTY. It will not win of course but could be nominated if nothing else better comes out this year. 

Edited by silver_pigy

I'm a huge tomb raider fan and honestly ,I disliked the new Lara :( , I hope to see the long braid return or at least her backpack <3

Agreed. I'm afraid that the real Lara is gone forever, just like Core.

I was pleasantly surprised with the game itself though. Crystal Dynamics is finally heading in the right direction.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i just hope they whether fix the damn broken multiplayer or simply better if they remove it completely in the second game, plus no more super and overpowered human enemies in single player please,my brother was playing on his account and he shot an enemy on his face while he's in front of him with a half maxed out shotgun and he just like (yeah whatever!) and kept running toward him, this is not the first time though it happen a lot's, and i thought uncharted series and killzone is bad... this game is worse when it comes to overpowred humans.

• 4 months later...

i just hope they whether fix the damn broken multiplayer or simply better if they remove it completely in the second game, plus no more super and overpowered human enemies in single player please,my brother was playing on his account and he shot an enemy on his face while he's in front of him with a half maxed out shotgun and he just like (yeah whatever!) and kept running toward him, this is not the first time though it happen a lot's, and i thought uncharted series and killzone is bad... this game is worse when it comes to overpowred humans.

It's a game..