RIP Platinium for GWENT (Arena trophy)

1 minute ago, pewiha said:

The last update was a preparation for profile transfer. It was released a few days ago.

so they had the time to release a useless update but they couldnt even reactivate the damn arena mode?

do these companies even listen to ppl when they talk to them?

2 hours ago, CreateYourID said:

Do you have any screenshots by any chance? This is interesting. Are they still there when you close the application and restart it?

I dont have screenshots, but it's been there for a couple days - I've probably run the game 3 or 4 times since then.  It's added to the area where you buy regular card kegs (for ore)  

The only thing I've done differently is install and start thronebreaker, but I wouldn't think that'd cause this.

Edited by AJ_-_808

- Thronebreaker unlocks many bonuses in the online version of Gwent (see the list of contracts for instance).

Anyway, 1-2 premium kegs offered are not going to change the face of the grind, I do not really see the point.

- The current trophy guide is still working, interested players should read it, for instance for premium cards. Quick answer for premiums: good options right now seem to be : 1) Search premium kegs in the tree of rewards (leader trees) and 2) be careful when opening normal kegs: a random premium can be offered.

- If there is some additional info any player find useful for others, please write it in the comments section so that the guide writers can update the guide in a serious way (we will check all your observations as soon as possible). This guide is still alive! ?

- I hope there will be a miracle for Arena but due to all the constraints of the matchmaking in Arena, It sucks. Finally I know that the devs are now in holidays, so nothing new can happen before January 10th.

Edited by djippps

18 hours ago, Hakoom said:

so they had the time to release a useless update but they couldnt even reactivate the damn arena mode?

do these companies even listen to ppl when they talk to them?

There focus is laying on profile transfer. Perhaps, if the transfer works, they have time to evaluate our wishes.

6 hours ago, djippps said:

- Thronebreaker unlocks many bonuses in the online version of Gwent (see the list of contracts for instance).

Anyway, 1-2 premium kegs offered are not going to change the face of the grind, I do not really see the point.

After starting Thronebreaker, I found 5 premium kegs (25 premium cards of the 150 for anyone seeking that trophy) in my inventory.

If it's thronebreaker related, it could be a nice boost of premiums for anyone considering buying it. It's enjoyable and currently half price.  Might be worth testing.

I do however have trouble understanding why thronebreaker would give access to purchasing Gwent premium kegs for cash.

On 12/23/2019 at 4:31 PM, pewiha said:

There focus is laying on profile transfer. Perhaps, if the transfer works, they have time to evaluate our wishes.

well i hope so...

either bring back the mode for a month or change the trophies to casual matches so instead of 6 arena wins make it 6 casual wins..

that will fix the issue

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hakoom said:

well i hope so...

either bring back the mode for a month or change the trophies to casual matches so instead of 6 arena wins make it 6 casual wins..

that will fix the issue

Do you have played the last time? It is nearly impossible to win 6 of 9 matches in classic at te moment. Nearly every partner is a pro player, at least prestige 1 or higher and blasts you away with his/her overpowered deck. I have to have luck to win at least a round. They never pass in the 2nd match, so you could not gain additional XP. I hope the most players will not longer play after the profile transfer was succesfull... 

6 hours ago, pewiha said:

Do you have played the last time? It is nearly impossible to win 6 of 9 matches in classic at te moment. Nearly every partner is a pro player, at least prestige 1 or higher and blasts you away with his/her overpowered deck. I have to have luck to win at least a round. They never pass in the 2nd match, so you could not gain additional XP. I hope the most players will not longer play after the profile transfer was succesfull... 

I thinks it wouldn’t be a big problem for asking them to surrender

Edited by ShockyMackyDCA

2 hours ago, pewiha said:

Last time i was tying i always got to 4 to 5 wins before losing

Iam good in these games but not as good as ppl who played it 1000h

Can also boost it in a way just need 4 ppl or so

10 hours ago, ShockyMackyDCA said:

I thinks it wouldn’t be a big problem for asking them to surrender

Why should a player do this? We will kick you in your face and make you suffer in the game. It is like all other games, try it in a shooter and you know what people do then. It could be so easy to pass in the second round, because they will win the match regardless what you do.

@Hakoom The match making is not more ranked base, so it is not easy as before to gain multiple wins in a row, you have to have a good deck. In my last match the northern kingdom deck produce damage and power up, even as the guy has passed. I lost 15: 59. And this is not a one timer. I tried to find my alt, but instead I will get only higher level player.

Nearly 60 players are active if you look on the page. Why do I meet only high/prestige people and never a new player? The matchmaking sucks. :-(

Edited by pewiha

About taking a good deck: Go to team aretuza website, check the meta snapshot #12 which corresponds to the state of the game currently on ps4.

Then, in this configuration the strongest decks are probably:

scoiatel harmony (easy for beginners), dwarves ( more control on the opponent)

Northern Realms: the one with Kiyan, Anseis, etc.

Another decks I know to be good is monsters: vampires bloodscent. Syndicate is powerful but hard for beginners, so I do not recommend it. Of course, for all these decks, you need to test, understand them in order to be efficient. A good deck is a necessary condition but it is not enough.

Maybe, it would be good to include the decks info above in the guide, please tell me what you think of it, thanks in advance.

Remark: to get the 3 victories in a row, I believe it can be boosted in friendly matches.

Edited by djippps

For Arena Run the minimum number of players to boost is 7 Players. This is due to the build up needed for consecutive wins between players to match with each other and means at every level the player currently going for it (Player 1 or P1) will need one more extra player then the win they are going for. (Ie 2 Wins requires 3 players boosting 6 Wins requires 7 Players). Down below is a breakdown of the win formula needed to boost it this could be condensed or go much quicker of course if done in a way multiple matches are held at the same time if possible with the boosting players. Either way though it would be alot of matches to go through. And this doesn't count for not matching your boosting partners. (If your party is holding multiple matches too you could accidentally match the wrong boosting partner throwing off the wins needed.)

P1 beats P2 - 1 Win

P2 beats P3

P1 beats P2 - 2 Wins

P2 Beats P3

P3 Beats P4

P2 Beats P3

P1 Beats P2 - 3 Wins

P2 Beats P3

P3 Beats P4

P2 Beats P3

P3 Beats P4

P4 Beats P5

P3 Beats P4

P2 Beats P3

P1 Beats P2 - 4 Wins

P2 Beats P3

P3 Beats P4

P2 Beats P3

P3 Beats P4

P4 Beats P5

P3 Beats P4

P2 Beats P3

P3 Beats P4

P4 Beats P5

P3 Beats P4

P4 Beats P5

P5 Beats P6

P4 Beats P5

P3 Beats P4

P2 Beats P3

P1 Beats P2 - 5 Wins

P2 Beats P3

P3 Beats P4

P2 Beats P3

P3 Beats P4

P4 Beats P5

P3 Beats P4

P2 Beats P3

P3 Beats P4

P4 Beats P5

P3 Beats P4

P4 Beats P5

P5 Beats P6

P4 Beats P5

P3 Beats P4

P2 Beats P3

P3 Beats P4

P4 Beats P5

P3 Beats P4

P4 Beats P5

P5 Beats P6

P4 Beats P5

P3 Beats P4

P4 Beats P5

P5 Beats P6

P4 Beats P5

P5 Beats P6

P6 Beats P7

P5 Beats P6

P4 Beats P5

P3 Beats P4

P2 Beats P3

P1 Beats P2 - 6 Wins

• Like 1

On 12/23/2019 at 8:43 AM, BlueDragonRR said:

Yeah, NA has premium kegs in the store for money. Not really sure what is going on in this game anymore.

Yep, just checked and NA has two premium keg sets (x40) for sale.  One is 70USD and the other is 100USD.  Didn’t they say they were ceasing sale of kegs?

@Lord_Bane999: assume a moment your formula is right, for the 7 players you need to play around 67*7 which is approximately 500 matches (putting aside multiple accounts). It also assumes that the matchmaking gives you exactly what you want. Does that sound reasonable to you?
Moreover, your algorithm is basically wrong, easy to see if you follow player P3. Actually P2 cannot beat P3 twice in the « 3 wins for P1 » paragraph: the game remembers which players you have won and which you have lost (and in your algorithm P3 is in the same arena)=> you need more players /accounts to simulate the right number of wins.

Edited by djippps

On 23.12.2019 at 8:43 AM, djippps said:

- If there is some additional info any player find useful for others, please write it in the comments section so that the guide writers can update the guide in a serious way (we will check all your observations as soon as possible). This guide is still alive! ?

well, the method you put down for the blitz trophy isn’t working. no matter what i do. ☹️

6 minutes ago, djippps said:

@Lord_Bane999: assume a moment your formula is right, for the 7 players you need to play around 67*7 which is approximately 500 matches (putting aside multiple accounts). It also assumes that the matchmaking gives you exactly what you want. Does that sound reasonable to you?
Moreover, your algorithm is basically wrong, easy to see if you follow player P3. Actually P2 cannot beat P3 twice in the « 3 wins for P1 » paragraph: the game remembers which players you have won and which you have lost (and in your algorithm P3 is in the same arena)=> you need more players /accounts to simulate the right number of wins.

I'm not assuming the matchmaking will give anyone what they want. With boosting in almost any game there is always the rng that you will not pair with your partner, that can't be avoided 100%. The order I made is just to break down for others in this post what would be needed to boost a single person. (Which ya multiplied seems like a lot of matches but this is far from being the first online game needing that many to complete a trophy.) Even if the game remembers who has beaten you and who hasn't does it block you from playing against that same person again or is it simply you just didn't match them again because you had one more win then them? If they lost a match to you but won a match after they should be at the same level. If losses are calculated as part of the matchmaking then an arena run for the losing player would need to reset to make it doable again (which would add more matches to this but still be doable just increase the time). 

Anyways the update turned off Arena so unless it's turned back on this trophy is dead either way. And if it does get turned on between forfeiting and a possible nearly 6 month timeframe, even if you had to burn 500+ matches for every player of he party just to get the trophy it would be possibly as long as matchmaking holds up.

4 hours ago, Monkey-Hands said:

well, the method you put down for the blitz trophy isn’t working. no matter what i do. 2639.png

@Monkey-Hands: We put 2 methods. Can you give more details about your issue? In the guide, there is a comments section for the info to gather all useful comment. Why do you not write there? (Quote your cards, leader, mode etc. So that we understand your case; for instance trophies cannot be unlocked in tutorial aka the golem arachas queen)It seems more logical to me, otherwise you are just trolling badly.

@Lord_Bane999:

Even if the game remembers who has beaten you and who hasn't does it block you from playing against that same person again or is it simply you just didn't match them again because you had one more win then them? 

The Arena menu gives you a list of your « victims », so yeah I am quite sure you cannot beat twice the same opponent in the same arena.

Edited by djippps

5 hours ago, djippps said:

@Monkey-Hands: We put 2 methods. Can you give more details about your issue? In the guide, there is a comments section for the info to gather all useful comment. Why do you not write there? (Quote your cards, leader, mode etc. So that we understand your case; for instance trophies cannot be unlocked in tutorial aka the golem arachas queen)It seems more logical to me, otherwise you are just trolling badly.

@Lord_Bane999:

The Arena menu gives you a list of your « victims », so yeah I am quite sure you cannot beat twice the same opponent in the same arena.

He isnt trolling, neither of the 2 methods work played as is written, in classic mode or via invite

Regarding arena - currently it's only assumed that you cant beat the same player twice and that wins must be equal, correct? Are you certain that after waiting X minutes in matchmaking, that it wont expand its search to include either of the above?  Smaller playerbase might actual force it to go beyond the initial parameters

• Like 1