Support for Vita's update to hide games

Sly Ripper

Are you serious?  Just make a new PSN profile.  Also, it's not like you did the save file thing back when it was the hip thing to do.  You just recently did that.  Look at it like this: at least you can have a better completion ratio.

No it's nothing to do with trophies. I just want an opinion on wether I should buy the vita or not since I'm going uni. I'd like to bring something like that along with me. I asked here because you probably all have a ps vita.

I'd asked about being able to delete games off your trophy list before. Mainly for the people who start a game, decide they don't like it, and now want to remove the trophy list from their profile because they don't want that ugly 0% hanging around for a game they no longer want anything to do with. In my case, I started playing Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock awhile back, decided it was a bad game and an obvious cash-in and wanted to get rid of it, but my pride wouldn't allow me to leave it on my profile incomplete. So I platted a game I didn't like when I would've rather have been able to just delete it off my profile. Anything else you see on my profile is incomplete because I'm either not lucky enough or skillful enough to get it. 

So that's what I think the hiding option should be used for, games you tried but didn't like and want to remove from your profile. That's what I intend on using it for anyways.

Are you serious?  Just make a new PSN profile.  Also, it's not like you did the save file thing back when it was the hip thing to do.  You just recently did that.  Look at it like this: at least you can have a better completion ratio.

No it's nothing to do with trophies. I just want an opinion on wether I should buy the vita or not since I'm going uni. I'd like to bring something like that along with me. I asked here because you probably all have a ps vita.

Plus I don't really care about my completion ratio.

just found this post and i gotta say im tempted but like other have said really what is the point im quite proud of my completion rate ive raised it by around 10 % anyway since joining this site its just some of my games have no servers anymore for the online trophies

Since joining this site a few months back ive managed to platinum a few old games namely gta4 pure nfs shift2 and infamous2 

Also working on Quantum of solace and call juarez bound in blood 

I like to think of my profile on this site, or any other site, a reflection of my interests. I do have some games hidden: games I can no longer complete due to server issues, games I simply did not enjoy, and a few games that I left at 0% such as DCUO. Does this make me an any less legitimate trophy hunter/completionist? I do not believe it does. If given the option I would also delete mentioned games from my list entirely and accept the level drop due to it.

This way:

Under PlayStation Network, click on a game:

ygeZOP6.jpg

Then UNCHECK the check to not share the game:

7CfJ33l.jpg

Djperkyuk: See above. It was one of the most requested changes to the Network from what I understand, to be able to remove game trophy lists from your profile. In my case, if I played a game for a few minutes and decided I didn't like it and would never play it again, why shouldn't I be able to remove the trophy list from my profile so that I don't have a game sitting at 0% or 1% forever ruining my average completion %? That is what it's intended for, I think. On the other hand, yes you will have people abusing the change to hide cheating and other naughtiness.

Edited by damon8r351

thanks damon8r351 for the swift reply.

I've not got that function?

Only have sort and refresh available?

Tried updating - The latest version of the system software is already installed. ( C3-12049-6)

Might not be available in the UK?

I do get the opinion that if you buy a game and it's shit, then you ain't ever gonna play it again. You'd want it removed from your list. I think this option is there for for Xbox? not sure?

Don't think i'll be hiding trophies though to raise my completion rate. Mines not that good hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed how long it takes for a hidden game to disappear from the profile?

I chose to hide 3 games that are unavailable for sale (I couldnt play them if I wanted to) and had 0% from back when my PS3 was a shared system.  Haven't seen an update in my completion percentage, number of games, or number of unearned trophies after hiding the games about 12 hours ago from my linked Vita.

Has anyone noticed how long it takes for a hidden game to disappear from the profile?

I chose to hide 3 games that are unavailable for sale (I couldnt play them if I wanted to) and had 0% from back when my PS3 was a shared system.  Haven't seen an update in my completion percentage, number of games, or number of unearned trophies after hiding the games about 12 hours ago from my linked Vita.

have you earnt a new trophy since then ?

Change the Privacy Settings for Trophies to No-one, sync with PSNP so your account says 0 trophies, then re-sync to remove the hidden games. It'll update properly from then on.

The only thing I don't like about this update is the [ i ] with "Gamer X has XXX trophies hidden from their profile". I don't care about completion percentage nor do I have any hacked trophies, I've just hidden a bunch of 0-10% completion games that I'd rather not see on MY profile page. But the [ i ] feature makes it look like I have something less savoury to hide, like hacked Plats.

No-one else gives a shit about my profile, so why should I feel like a criminal for hiding games that I have no intention of playing again? eg EA Sports games with closed servers.

• Like 2

No-one else gives a shit about my profile, so why should I feel like a criminal for hiding games that I have no intention of playing again? eg EA Sports games with closed servers.

Because a witch hunt was launched :P

But it's still better than a lot of sites where you are just labelled 'cheater' as soon as 1 trophy is hidden ...

I've also used it to remove glitched games :P

• 2 weeks later...

I've only recently started working on Platinum's and trying to get 100% on games, despite having a PS3 since 2006. Just one of those things I suppose. In any case, I like this update as it could eventually help me get rid of the multiple 0% games that are on my PSN profile because one of my kids friends who brought a game over played using my PSN ID and added a game I don't even own to my list of games. I'd rather just have the option to get rid of them rather than have them sit there forever at 0%. Same goes for Vita games I downloaded and didn't like.

I can see the objection to people just hiding games that they can't get 100% in, but I don't imagine that's going to be something a lot of people would do. Odds are more people will just hide the crap they wish they never had added to their PSN profile in the first place...

As for trophy hacking, never done it, don't even know how and probably couldn't be bothered anyway. It's not like anyone aside from me and maybe my son cares about what trophies I have in any case...

Edited by Swotam

So how is this? I take some trophy games (a total of 27 games, almost are near 0% or really 0% and highest will be Sleeping Dogs because the game glitched on me and didn't liked the game so much that I would restart the game just to get the clothes trophy) and get a trophy and synchronize youre profile?

I did that on my brother account and nothing. He still has those trophies

EDIT: He won a trophy and synchronize his account on PS3.

PS3 still has the games he chosed to hide

PSN Profiles doesn't.

Now when will be the PS3 account really good

Edited by BrunoBomb

Being that way, i will keep the tutorial game "welcome park" yet

and just hide 1 game i sold for being a rip off called "Dead or Alive 5 Plus" for Vita

(even tough i earned 2 Gold 9 Silver 31 Bronze in it at 87%)

I just hate that game as they killed crossplay with 1 month after DOA5U announcement

first and last mistake i made, will never buy anything from Tecmo ever again.

Edited by Otase84

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for double post but what is the problem in hiding a game?

i saw a lot of people here complaining about it, either way its clear DOA5 is a very bad fighting game ~_~

was main reason to hide that one as i already sold it too, but decided to let it stay and not hide anymore lol

Edited by Otase84