Support for Vita's update to hide games

Sly Ripper

How are milestone trophies affected by this, if at all? I hid 11 trophies, but the only milestones I remember are 1000 and 1337 and those are still the same so I can't tell from my own profile if the other milestones has been affected.

I can confirm they are :)

Agreed HardXDX. Ive hidden the one trophy I got in Street Fighter 4 before getting Super Street Fighter 4, and Singstar (which I loaded in my profile for one evening by mistake rather than the other profile I use for fun group gaming evenings).

Anyone who has a problem with that and wants to call my 103 platinums (including Dark Souls, Demons Souls, Disgaea 3, Persona 4 and Syndicate) illegitimate now can do so, but they best have some rare-ass platinums in thier pocket to back that opinion up.

Ok, finally had the time to read every post on this thread, gotta say some of you made facepalm, back when I started this account I wasn't into trophy hunting and a friend told me that DC Universe Online was free on the PS Store so I went and download it because I didn't care much about trophies and thought it wouldn't matter, now it's 2 years later, the game got a handfull of DLC's and you need to pay if you want to get trophies, the DCUO plat is 1.02% wanna know why?? BECAUSE PEOPLE THOUGHT THEY COULD WIN TROPHIES FOR FREE, so they downloaded the game and started it, the plat isn't even hard, if everyone had acess to the game it would be at least a 25% plat, I didn't like this game at the time and I don't like it now, I'm hiding this game in which I have NO trophies, I have other uncompleted games like Uncharted 3 and LBPV, but I won't hide them because until the end of the year they will both be at 100%

What really bugs me about this is that there was no big fuss when the "win a plat in 40 seconds if you have a save file on the other console" thing first appeared, but now that you can hide games, which is something that people have been asking for so long, everybody loses their minds :joker:

People who hide their trophies in fact don't care about a legitimate completion rate, especially since at this point in time you cannot delete games off your trophy list under a certain percentage (I say Sony should do %15 and under). When the time comes around where you can officially permanently delete games off your list under, say, 15% and your level drops accordingly, then that will be a legitimate way to go about taking away undesired games, at this point in time, "hiding" undesired games is a really sloppy way for Sony to do it, and if you choose to do it, then yes, you don't care that your profile doesn't show a legitimate completion rate - but does that make you a legitimate trophy hunter? Yes, it does,however you simply just don't care about completion and instead of diving into all those games to complete them to the best of your ability, you'll instead choose to use Sony's sloppy implementation to hide them, and that will show on your profile. There should be nothing wrong with that if you do not care about completion.

Says the guy who couldn't spare 5 hours to plat Sound Shapes a second time

I do care about my completion a lot, I'm hiding a 0% game, this website does not count 0%'s anyway so nothing changes in my percentage, if I get an icon on my profile for hiding games you can damn well bet you will NEVER see a number higher than 0 on that icon

I do care about my completion a lot, I'm hiding a 0% game, this website does not count 0%'s anyway so nothing changes in my percentage, if I get an icon on my profile for hiding games you can damn well bet you will NEVER see a number higher than 0 on that icon

I really don't think anyone cares about you hiding a 0% game (except maybe Darth_Krid over at ps3trophies, that guy is hardcore lol) The site never counted that towards your ratio anyway, and hiding it won't give you an icon either so no one will be the wiser.

Ok, finally had the time to read every post on this thread, gotta say some of you made facepalm, back when I started this account I wasn't into trophy hunting and a friend told me that DC Universe Online was free on the PS Store so I went and download it because I didn't care much about trophies and thought it wouldn't matter, now it's 2 years later, the game got a handfull of DLC's and you need to pay if you want to get trophies, the DCUO plat is 1.02% wanna know why?? BECAUSE PEOPLE THOUGHT THEY COULD WIN TROPHIES FOR FREE, so they downloaded the game and started it, the plat isn't even hard, if everyone had acess to the game it would be at least a 25% plat, I didn't like this game at the time and I don't like it now, I'm hiding this game in which I have NO trophies, I have other uncompleted games like Uncharted 3 and LBPV, but I won't hide them because until the end of the year they will both be at 100%

What really bugs me about this is that there was no big fuss when the "win a plat in 40 seconds if you have a save file on the other console" thing first appeared, but now that you can hide games, which is something that people have been asking for so long, everybody loses their minds :joker:

Says the guy who couldn't spare 5 hours to plat Sound Shapes a second time

Are you seriously bringing up Sound Shapes, a cross-save title into this entire thing? Well if you're so interested I'll tell you all about it. So you wanted me to spend 1 week playing the same damned game over again with death mode levels that pissed me off to no end to get the same exact result as loading the cloud save file and legitimately getting the same exact trophies? It's not my fault Sony introduced a cheap-ass way to get two platinum trophies for a single game instead of making a unified trophy list. Would you have cared or even noticed as much if I would have loaded the cloud save on my PS3 each day over the span of the week that I played the game on the Vita to make it seem like it was a more practical time span? Either way, I'm getting the platinum trophy on the PS3 anyway in an official manner.

Is it a stupid feature? YES!! I think it's idiotic for Sony not to have one unified list for the same game from different consoles and I'm happy to see that most Vita/PS3 games are finally sharing a list now (like they should have in the first place) - I did it with Sound Shapes, whoopie, so did basically everyone else that owned the game and I knew when I did it that I was gonna have someone that was gonna whine about it, yes, I fully realize it's cheap, but it's not my fault the ability to load a cloud save file is there, it's Sony's fault for making such a feature, developing trophies to unlock with the feature, and above all that, promoting the cheap feature also all across their social websites and streams! Obviously they don't take their own trophy system 100% seriously all the time (hence this latest update).

Either way I was going to get the platinum again on a cross-buy (free copy on other console version) game, why not just officially pass the trophies over and move on to other games? I could have done the same thing with Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time also but chose not to. Sony advertised the "double platinum" "cloud save" crap all over their podcast, blog, etc... I think it's stupid, it's almost at stupid as downloading DCUO, an online MMORPG thinking that the trophies in that game would be a piece of cake. Again, that's why I'm all for officially DELETING 0% games through PSN off your account, which is AGAIN why I say I dislike the fact that you can HIDE your trophies instead of simply DELETING them!! It's a sloppy, cheap implementation that i wish people in your position had a far better alternative of just officially deleting them altogether instead of "hiding" them and scrambling your scores, numbers, leaderboard standing, etc all over the place on every trophy website on the net. This is why I hate the hide feature and am advocating for an official deletion feature from Sony. Stop over-inflating one sentence from my entire argument by pulling a random story out of nowhere about a game that features cross-save, lol cut me a break... 

I'm practically on your side because I'm trying to get Sony to replace this garbage hide system with an actual delete system so that people like you won't have to justify hiding their games!

Edited by BlindMango

Geez, I wouldn't have expected that really some people would hide 50-80% of all their games, but it seems there are really many weak minded players. It's disappointing because I had high expectations for the "friend list" feature that Sly is supposed to (re)introduce, hopefully soon. If people hide their games left and right, it would be rather pointless.

I'd suggest a petition via Sony's http://share.blog.us.playstation.com, to limit the scale of the trophy hiding.

I'd do it myself, but it'd be wiser if someone with English as the first language would do it. And after we discussed the best compromise here, so that it would receive a maximum of support.

Still don't see why it would affect any 1 individual what another individual would do ...

In regards to a petition, even if the whole community (almost 60k btw) would only be a drop in the water and many also asked for this function

1. It cripples about 50% of the functions that I requested from Sly for the FL.

2. Who said that PSNP is the only community?

3. Why would we need 60k?

4. Many asked for a function similar to this. Barely someone requested EXACTLY this. And there is no intention to undo it, just to modify it. Not really an herculean task.

1. It cripples about 50% of the functions that I requested from Sly for the FL.

2. Who said that PSNP is the only community?

3. Why would we need 60k?

4. Many asked for a function similar to this. Barely someone requested EXACTLY this. And there is no intention to undo it, just to modify it. Not really an herculean task.

1 - so cripples functions (that do not yet exist) that 'friends' will have hidden ? wouldn't you just 'ask them to unhide' ?

2 - you said discuss it here ...

3 - I was just saying PSNP community nearly 60k users

4 - if Sony followed EXACTLY what the community asked for (forget sony, if a webmaster), we would have something that would seem extremely complicated for a NASA engineer, hence why they try to even it to middle ground. No one expected this in the first place, the same will probably happen for game deletion, etc.

1 - so cripples functions (that do not yet exist) that 'friends' will have hidden ? wouldn't you just 'ask them to unhide' ?

2 - you said discuss it here ...

3 - I was just saying PSNP community nearly 60k users

4 - if Sony followed EXACTLY what the community asked for (forget sony, if a webmaster), we would have something that would seem extremely complicated for a NASA engineer, hence why they try to even it to middle ground. No one expected this in the first place, the same will probably happen for game deletion, etc.

Ahem what?

1. Yep, huge fun for everyone

2. What the ...? This wasn't about discussing. You just previously acted as if the PSNP community with its 60k members might be the only relevant and possibly interested people in the world. Open a thread on all the other trophy sites and you'd surely get some support. Not to mention that some unrelated people on Sony's Share blog might like the suggestion anyway.

4. Yep. Limit feature till X%. Poor NASA would surely be troubled by that specific demand. And to determine a fair compromise about the % was exactly what I suggested to discuss here.

But you know what: you are right! It is indeed pointless to discuss here. Sorry, my mistake. Won't happen again. :P

Edited by Golwar

again not gonna get into a debate, but for the first part, if they are your friends you should be able to ask them to unhide ... Secondly, can't be bothered to quote, but you said 'we discuss the best compromise here'

in regards to functions, you and some users want that, other users want something else, I'm just saying if you try to please everyone, it'll never work, so they will cover a maximum of bases with what they can

oh and still wondering where I said it was pointless discussing your ideas, all I did was also put a negative tone on it ...

Edited by Memnoch

Still don't see why it would affect any 1 individual what another individual would do ...

Because it makes the completion number on our stats meaningless, since anyone can get 100% now by simply hiding the games they can't complete.  Luckily we now have a way to tell apart true completionists by looking for the 'i' icon, hopefully down the line we'll see some sort of indication on the stats card itself.

• Like 2

Because it makes the completion number on our stats meaningless, since anyone can get 100% now by simply hiding the games they can't complete.  Luckily we now have a way to tell apart true completionists by looking for the 'i' icon, hopefully down the line we'll see some sort of indication on the stats card itself.

Do you try to get a high completion rate for yourself or to shoe off your e-peen? If you do it for yourself than this update shouldn't effect you in any way, shape or form. You know damn well if your completion rate is "true" and a simple look at your profile will show others you have no games hidden. If, however, you earn trophies to show off your e-peen I could slightly understand why you'd be upset with this update but on the other hand I still find it insane that trophy hunters are trying to force their views onto everyone else. 

Gaming and earning trophies should be about your enjoyment, not about showing off. Who cares if other people can fake a high completion rate if you know you did it the legitimate way?

Parker

• Like 1

Do you try to get a high completion rate for yourself or to shoe off your e-peen? If you do it for yourself than this update shouldn't effect you in any way, shape or form. You know damn well if your completion rate is "true" and a simple look at your profile will show others you have no games hidden. If, however, you earn trophies to show off your e-peen I could slightly understand why you'd be upset with this update but on the other hand I still find it insane that trophy hunters are trying to force their views onto everyone else. 

Gaming and earning trophies should be about your enjoyment, not about showing off. Who cares if other people can fake a high completion rate if you know you did it the legitimate way?

Parker

None of that applies to what you quoted. If enough people distort the stats by hiding trophies, the stats do indeed become meaningless.

• Like 1

None of that applies to what you quoted. If enough people distort the stats by hiding trophies, the stats do indeed become meaningless.

On a personal level, no they don't. If you're showing off your e-peen then I suppose your right. 

If you know that you have a high completion rate by legitimate means and have no trophies hidden, how is that meaningless? If that is what you care about and strive for then all that matters is the end result. Who cares if other people hide their trophies and raise their completion rate, does that make yours lower? 

Parker

• Like 1

On a personal level, no they don't. If you're showing off your e-peen then I suppose your right. 

If you know that you have a high completion rate by legitimate means and have no trophies hidden, how is that meaningless? If that is what you care about and strive for then all that matters is the end result. Who cares if other people hide their trophies and raise their completion rate, does that make yours lower? 

Parker

Perhaps because some people enjoy seeing how rare certain trophies are and therefore having an idea how difficult they are to complete? I'm not sure why that would be a negative, nor what this made up term "e-peen" you keep claiming is the case is supposed to mean, but regardless those stats would become meaningless if most people that cannot earn certain trophies simply hid them. Considering this site is based around trophies and those stats, it seems funny to suggest otherwise.

• Like 3

As of this post PSNP is tracking 1,163,648 profiles, do you honestly think "most" people are going to come and hide trophies to raise their percentage? I foresee a very small percentage of people doing so and as such, just as Sly said, the rarity percentages won't change. Trophy hunters make up a very small minority of gamers and even less of this already small minority are going to hide trophies. I really can't believe people are complaining that Sony and Sly are giving us more options for our profiles...  :rolleyes:

Parker

• Like 2