How To Fix Unobtainable Platinums?

TheBlaskar

Right now I got a ps3, since I didn't have one at its time, and there are many games that I would like to try with online trophies, like Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 3, but i don't know how long it will take until this servers also shut down, and even though, many trophies are almost unobtainable, because of the inactivity of the servers, I think that's one of the reasons of the sudden shut downs, as it happens with PES and FIFA with a few years after their release.

It would be nice to do still be able to obtain the platinum, but if you don't want to add unobtainable trophies to your list and platinums are that important, I could suggest to have a second account and enjoy there all games you are sure you wont get the platinum for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thepeaguy said:

Honestly, I just moved on. It just means that I don't have to invest more hours into the game. Yay!

1 hour ago, BlackSnake1435 said:

It would be nice to do still be able to obtain the platinum, but if you don't want to add unobtainable trophies to your list and platinums are that important, I could suggest to have a second account and enjoy there all games you are sure you wont get the platinum for.

These^

I have several unobtainable trophies on my profile but I've just accepted that fact and moved on. If you're desperate to maintain a 100% profile, then create an alt account and test your games out there so any unobtainable trophies don't mess up the flow of your main account.

Going forward developers should make mp trophies like this:

Win x multiplayer matches or finish the game without dying.

Get x kills in one match or Get 10 headshot kills in a row.

Or something like that. Give the player a choice. 

I dont mind trophies like: play a multiplayer game, try every game mode, basically "hey try out our multiplayer for awhile" trophies. But you should always be able to unlock these trophies, even after the servers shut down.  It obviously wouldn't fix current unobtainable 100%'s, but it would fix future ones.

Edited by Huudas

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2020 at 8:27 PM, Abysm_Nucleus said:

There is an easy way to fix unobtainable trophies which is creating new account. Simple

How does that fix unobtainable trophies? I think you're being facetious, but I don't get it.

11 minutes ago, simpjkee said:

How does that fix unobtainable trophies? I think you're being facetious, but I don't get it.

It fixes them because they won't be on your account anymore.

Also, way to go necro-ing a thread that has been dead for over a year ?

Edited by Nitro
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 2:36 AM, Nitro said:

It fixes them because they won't be on your account anymore.

Also, way to go necro-ing a thread that has been dead for over a year ?

Yeah, but then all your trophies won't be on your account anymore and you'd be starting from scratch. I dont know if I'm missing the point or something, but that seems like the stupidest 'solution' I've ever heard.

On 6/23/2021 at 3:14 AM, Bumperklever said:

Some people only cares about plats. So it would be sufficient enough for what he wants. 

But then he loses all his trophies including all his other plats. I dont think thats what he wants at all.

2 hours ago, simpjkee said:

Yeah, but then all your trophies won't be on your account anymore and you'd be starting from scratch. I dont know if I'm missing the point or something, but that seems like the stupidest 'solution' I've ever heard.

But then he loses all his trophies including all his other plats. I dont think thats what he wants at all.

Well it is a solution. These days you can get back to where you were no problem. If the OP really wanted to get the trophies (judging by his last posts on this website, he doesn't care) he can. But honestly, that's the only solution you'll ever get.

Games with trophies tied to online services: you either complete and earn them or you didn't. Simple.

If you want to have a 100% profile, and get an unattainable? Start fresh or don't worry about completion.

What I don't understand is why you can consider yourself a trophy hunter if you can't get an online trophy? Why would you play online at first place if you know that you won't get them? Why would you play unobtainable trophy games in your main account? 

Edited by Carttagos
  • Like 1

I'm no expert but you can't fix unobtainable trophies. You can't earn them anymore. I'm not a trophy hunter but a completionist. So what I would do is hide the game. This is also not a favorable thing to do but it would make the games with unobtainables disappear on this site and your profile on PSN.

If you want a three-digit completion rate on this site you could achieve it like that but then it would also show that you've hidden some trophies.

There is no way you can get everything you like if you have unobtainables, so you'll have to find a compromise that makes you comfortable given the situation, I guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Just because someone considers themselves a trophy hunter doesn’t automatically make them

a completionist. Trophy hunter is a very broad description. 

Enlighten me with the terms mr./ms. Moderator. 

On my understanding, a trophy hunter always goes for the platinum, not the 100%. A trophy completionist always goes for the 100% including DLCs.

If you are a trophy hunter, why you are complaining about unobtainable trophies? 

• Like 1

On 3.7.2021 at 8:02 PM, Carttagos said:

Enlighten me with the terms mr./ms. Moderator. 

On my understanding, a trophy hunter always goes for the platinum, not the 100%. A trophy completionist always goes for the 100% including DLCs.

On 3.7.2021 at 8:16 PM, DaivRules said:

A trophy hunter hunts trophies. Sometimes that’s all of them, sometimes it’s just some of them.

I think everyone has a slightly different definition of trophy hunter and completionist. In my opinion, this post explains the terms very well:

For example, I wouldn’t consider myself a pure trophy hunter, because I don’t do it competitively. I don’t want to platinum or 100% thousands of games in order get a high level and appear on top of the leaderboards. However, I certainly don’t mind collecting the same trophy list twice. But when I play a game for the first time I don’t do it just for some trophies.

I need to have fun while playing and I like exploring, so trophies probably only make at maximum 1/3 of the fun for me. I'm definitely a completionist, because I wanna 100% all the games on my profile.

In my opinion a truly great game is one that makes you come back regularly just for a short time or longer even if you already earned all trophies and there wasn’t added any new content. You know, just playing again and having fun while revisiting it.

• Like 2