anybody ready for payday 2

Sinful_Dark_Hero

Am I ready? Hell YES! I am so excited. I was playing Payday The Heist to warm up for Payday 2. Looks like it's going to be awesome. Got mine preordered and will be at GameStop to pick it up on August 13th after work. Would love some people to play with...

Edited by PipeSwinger

Don't know much about this game, I'm just now noticing the ads for it (was oblivious to them before last week).

So as I understand it, this is just a FPS and you basically rob banks? I'm sure there is more to it than than.

Basically yes, you start out as a normal dude walking the street get the tool for the job left by your boss put on your mask then find a way into the objective cops show up you hold them off until you get all the loot and escape.

Then again I've just been playing the beta for only a few missions.

It has a class based progression as well ( woohoo so new and innovative) I like that you don't have to pick like a specific class for the skill trees you have all 4 class trees active at all times so you can build a type of hybrid there are 4 class trees to choose skills from.

I was interested in the game and a good buddy of mine just messaged me to inform me that we will apparently both be picking the game up on launch and playing it together.  :lol: The original was much more fun when played with a party so I guess I can't complain that I will always have a partner to play with, even if I wasn't originally planning on buying the game at launch.

Parker

Just went to EB Games and they don't have any info as to when it will be shipped to Ontario,

They were taking pre-orders for the Aug/13 release date but now they are unsure when it will arrive?? Sucks because it will be on PSN/XBL/Steam on the 13th but I pre-oreded the CE.

$10 less doesnt mean I can still afford it.

It's $20 less than normal retail ($40) unless you buy the CE ($60), but I understand where you're coming from.

I'm very interested. But this time I'll get Payday on the PC. And I'll wait for a Steam sale.

Very smart decision. I loved Payday for the ps3, but Overkill did cater to the Steam crowd and left us hanging. Although, there is the fact that Steam makes it easier for devs to patch where Sony charges $20,000 - $40,000 (if the rumors are correct).

I'll have my copy shortly after GameStop opens on Tuesday. :holy:

There has to be a couple deceiving trophies from the list to make the plat an ultra rare. Overkill is too masochistic to make something as easy as a level grind.

• Like 1

Very smart decision. I loved Payday for the ps3, but Overkill did cater to the Steam crowd and left us hanging. Although, there is the fact that Steam makes it easier for devs to patch where Sony charges $20,000 - $40,000 (if the rumors are correct).

Yep, the PC crowd received the better service and the game was offered in so many cheap sales that far more friends ended up playing it on the PC.

It seems that Sony is improving on the patch & charges side too. But I won't gamble when I already know that the PC will receive the best service anyway. ;)

It's $20 less than normal retail ($40) unless you buy the CE ($60), but I understand where you're coming from.Very smart decision. I loved Payday for the ps3, but Overkill did cater to the Steam crowd and left us hanging. Although, there is the fact that Steam makes it easier for devs to patch where Sony charges $20,000 - $40,000 (if the rumors are correct).

I'll have my copy shortly after GameStop opens on Tuesday. :holy:

There has to be a couple deceiving trophies from the list to make the plat an ultra rare. Overkill is too masochistic to make something as easy as a level grind.

Hmmm. I thought it was $50. Either way. Id rather make sure theres food on the table. But now that i have a new job i am mighty tempted

SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Payday 1 sucked, I played the demo. Stupid game about robbing banks.

I hated it. It was free on PS+ and I didn't even grab it out of hatred.

Seriously, there's much better games coming out, just wait.

Whow. First I thought that someone posted without knowing about all the improvements for Payday 2, in relation to 1. But then I registered that you didn't even really play the first game either. What a brilliant way to expose yourself.

• Like 1

Whow. First I thought that someone posted without knowing about all the improvements for Payday 2, in relation to 1. But then I registered that you didn't even really play the first game either. What a brilliant way to expose yourself.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. No matter how wrong it may be. :lol:

• Like 1