DLC Trophy difficulty

steel6burgh

For anyone needed to get more items such as elixirs and such and are stuck in the dlc, when you get into the main menu and bout to load the dlc save file if you press the square button you’ll be taken back to the main story and you’re dlc save status is still intact and fine. Managed to grind to get more defense ups in order to better absorb damage and keep alive.

Just saying this cause I didn’t realize this until later since it wasn’t really explained how to do it in the game and hoping this might help someone down the line.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/2/2020 at 8:27 PM, eXb1azed23 said:

How difficult is the Yozora fight compared to MF from BBS? That's still the hardest boss I beat in the entire series 

Depends on which difficulty you play. At critical, I am finding Yozora much much harder than MF, and there is no cheesy way to beat it. 

At least it is a fair boss, unlike MF who could kill you no matter what depending on how he was chaining attacks.

• 7 months later...
18 hours ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

I'm on easy mode,99 lvl and I cannot defeat effing xion lol i suck 

If you don't have enough skill to beat Xion, you can farm strength and defense boost to increase your stats and make it easier.

But if you want 100% trophies, I recommend doing this in your new game for the Risk-taker trophy, since you will need to get strength and defense for battles with pro codes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/10/2020 at 2:49 PM, Angulus said:

If you don't have enough skill to beat Xion, you can farm strength and defense boost to increase your stats and make it easier.

But if you want 100% trophies, I recommend doing this in your new game for the Risk-taker trophy, since you will need to get strength and defense for battles with pro codes.

How do i farm strength and defence?

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If the Dark Inferno gives any indication of how infuriating the DLC bosses will be, I'm in for a very unpleasing time. I must admit I went into the battle gate very under leveled without knowing what to expect, or at least I like to think that, about level 50 with the Ultima Weapon on beginner, managed to bring him down to 5 or so life bars, then he went berserk and literally started to do what he wanted, bouncing me around with no chance to attack. Also I don't even dare to think what a pain would have been facing some of the last bosses on the higher difficulties, probably a veins bursting experience. Ihink I'm gonna play something else before embarking on the hardest tasks this 100% offers, since it's one of the most chaotic battle systems I've experienced.

Edited by Brightblade76

2 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

If the Dark Inferno gives any indication of how infuriating the DLC bosses will be, I'm in for a very unpleasing time. I must admit I went into the battle gate very under leveled without knowing what to expect, or at least I like to think that, about level 50 with the Ultima Weapon on beginner, managed to bring him down to 5 or so life bars, then he went berserk and literally started to do what he wanted, bouncing me around with no chance to attack. Also I don't even dare to think what a pain would have been facing some of the last bosses on the higher difficulties, probably a veins bursting experience. Ihink I'm gonna play something else before embarking on the hardest tasks this 100% offers, since it's one of the most chaotic battle systems I've experienced.

I didn't like the game enough myself to go all out a year after the initial release and pay full price for the dlc to have to learn the entire combat system inside and out to fight these bosses.  i would have did it if it came out closer to the release of the base game but even then I would have been so unprepared. Problem was like you say the chaotic battle system is tough to master then add in to the equation the base game allowed you to pretty much just button mash and you were left very unprepared for this dlc.  Base game didn't make you learn the combat at all.  At this point I have no plans ever to purchase or play this. I've only ever seen it on sale one time.  

Fact is that there is no actual strategy beside button mashing, not when battles go on super fast like these ones. I've made it to the Limit Cut Data Battles, already defeated 4 but Xigbar teleports wherever he wants spamming projectiles from everywhere, but overall just a spamfest of defence, attack, finishing moves and praying for the best, without the chance to actually think what to do. As expected, simply the kind of random chaotic cheapness that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Brightblade76

I've button mashed my way through 11 data battles, most of them in 1-2 tries. I'm missing Xion and Master Xehanort, these two are on a whole other level of cheapness, you spend most of the time dodging the psychedelic laser crap they throw at you while they safely hide behind i-frames. Luckily I have to quit due to other matters to attend, because being exposed for too long to this stuff could turn a saint into a schizophrenic murderer.

16 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

Done with every Data BS and Yozora, it took less than expected. That Terra fight on BBS still has the crown of the frustration king. Now I'm missing just the Risk Taker trophy, but I'll do it later. Overall a poor excuse for a dlc imho

Congrats on beating Yozora!  I gave up on that one a while ago.  The bosses leading up to him weren't terrible.  Some had cheap mechanics, but there were ways around them.  I just can't keep up with Yozora and at this point I don't even remember the battle system to even stand a chance.  Oh well, wasn't planning on Risk Taker either, so no need to worry about 100%.