DLC Trophy difficulty

steel6burgh

1 minute ago, DEMON said:

The codes disable trophies, but you could do that for a quick run, but even on Beginner they are still hard, it also should probably be noted I only received the message of unlocking the codes once I was done with Yozora. I did them all on Standard difficulty.

Ok so you need to defeat them all + Yozora in order to unlock the codes to get the last 2 trophy ? Man everything is bad about this DLC lol

• Like 2

If you guys are just looking to get past the data fights, you can always cheese Simba and his leap. Summoning him heals you, so just carry some ethers. On Standard (Lv99 with Ultima), I beat nearly all of them first try this way. It'll still be a little stressful, but it makes it more manageable. Luxord would take a few tries, but I was able to brute force my way through the first 50-66% of his health using Simba. From there you still need to win his desperation minigame, but after that is ezpz.

I haven't found much success against the secret boss doing that. He's kicked my butt. Best I got was four health bars down. Oh! And I've read that he can steal your Kupo Coin, and use it on himself. You definitely don't want that. Make sure you do not have one of those going into the fight or else you'd have to beat him twice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BrilloHD said:

I haven't found much success against the secret boss doing that. He's kicked my butt. Best I got was four health bars down. Oh! And I've read that he can steal your Kupo Coin, and use it on himself. You definitely don't want that. Make sure you do not have one of those going into the fight or else you'd have to beat him twice.

This is true, but you can avoid the attack of him stealing it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BrilloHD said:

If you guys are just looking to get past the data fights, you can always cheese Simba and his leap. Summoning him heals you, so just carry some ethers. On Standard (Lv99 with Ultima), I beat nearly all of them first try this way. It'll still be a little stressful, but it makes it more manageable. Luxord would take a few tries, but I was able to brute force my way through the first 50-66% of his health using Simba. From there you still need to win his desperation minigame, but after that is ezpz.

That actually made the battles worse. Not sure why but it did. Thank you anyways. 

Ariel's better to use than Simba imo, I abused the hell out of her link to get me through Yozora, I used her as a heal so as well as using her link a lot, I also made sure to try and deal damage outside of it too. And yes, if he steals your Kupo Coin, consider that round a defeat. You can dodge or counter the move (needs very precise timing of attacking him at the end of it though being sucked towards the end of it recovers him so it's honestly better to just dodge it), most use flight and just fly around the outer edges of the stage, you know when he starts it as his health becomes armour instead. You will want to go in with a Kupo Coin, but try your best to keep it and your items on you (he will also steal those which he can then use near the end).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Sigh. Yeah, it’s suddenly not fun or appealing anymore. I get that fans wanted hard battles, but it’s a little bit too hard. I should t have had anywhere near as hard a time as I am. I’m lvl 99 and everything is maxed out. ?

Just use the Ariel link. It makes most of the fights a joke, especially Yozora and I was on Proud.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

21 hours ago, BrilloHD said:

This wont help when you have to fight the data bosses again with MP Slip and No Limits active for points for Risk-taker. MP slip gives you about a second to activate a limit before you’re no longer at max MP, and no limit, well, means no limits.

And while we’re at it shotlocks and formchanges wont help you either, disabling those gives you a fair amount of points too

• Like 2

The bosses were indeed a major step up in difficulty, some of then are the hardest bosses in the series. 

I recorded my attempts in proud and if anyone wants to check it out my strategy they are inside the "spoiler tag"

Spoiler

I started my Pro code run and I'm enjoying the challenge 

13 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Any tips on Luxord? I love him as a character but my God he is AWFUL as a boss fight, always..

When he is throwing cards stay on the edge of the arena and block any cards that you miss blocking will fly out of the arena and not land on the ground to be part of the game to find him

• Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 6:18 PM, madbuk said:

This wont help when you have to fight the data bosses again with MP Slip and No Limits active for points for Risk-taker. MP slip gives you about a second to activate a limit before you’re no longer at max MP, and no limit, well, means no limits.

And while we’re at it shotlocks and formchanges wont help you either, disabling those gives you a fair amount of points too

I just finished up Risk-taker and have to echo this. You can stumble your way through the bosses by doing them on a lower difficulty or just using Ariel as a crutch but you can't get all the trophies in the dlc doing that. Even if you start a new save file to earn merit points for all the story bosses you still have to do around half(?) of the data battles with pro codes on. That's also assuming you have every pro code enabled for every story boss which I don't recommend personally. I did my Risk-taker run on beginner and honestly the data battles felt harder than when I did them on critical, largely because you don't have leaf bracer cures or Ariel to fall back on if you mess up during a boss desperation move.

I've read that stat boosting items aren't effected by pro codes so I guess technically you could grind to max str/defense to give yourself a large edge, but I have to imagine grinding that many materials would take a pretty long time.

5 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

I got half of them killed.... I will be honest- it's not fun anymore. They made it a little bit too hard in my opinion. 

Yeah, most of the time you just don't know what the fck is going on and they have very little frames, when they are vulnerable.

Also, these stupid DMs, when they have 1HP are infuriating. Yep, I'm looking at you Young Xehanort and Marluxia ?

Edited by Sebulba2000

On 26.1.2020 at 0:57 AM, joshlabrioche_ said:

Ok so you need to defeat them all + Yozora in order to unlock the codes to get the last 2 trophy ? Man everything is bad about this DLC lol

Nope the Codes are unlocking after beating the ReMind DLC. Just start a New Game and they will give you the Option to activate them at the beginning.

I had to start over cause my completed saved data got erased the day before the DLC came out, don't ask. Didn't really bother me, gave me the much needed recap, I flew through this game on Normal and I maxed everything again before attempting the DLC. I use the Ultimate Weapon, I have my Strength to over 100 and my Defense at over 95, with 40,000 Munny before starting the Datascape battles.

Well I just beat all of the Organization XIII in the Datascape, it wasn't that difficult for me, Hi-Ethers are what should be used, if you're having problems, go back to the main game and go to the Caribbean and stock up on Munny. Super easy bosses that gave me no trouble at all, beat instantly are Larxene, Saix & Riku Replica, nice challenge but not too bad, beat first try are Ansem, Xigbar, Marluxia & Vanitas. Took 1 - 4 tries, which were kinda difficult are Young Xehanort, Terra-Xehanort, Master Xehanort & Xion, now just a pain was Luxord, had to get the block timing down, I hated the gauge in his KHII battle also.

All left to do now is Yozora, which I'll do tonight, I didn't have a Kupo Coin and not properly equipped in items, but managed still to get half his energy gone. I'm not going for the final 2 Trophies, because I heard they require a playthrough each. I'll do it in the future, I'm tired of Kingdom Hearts for now. 

Edited by Nitemares-----

3 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

All left to do now is Yozora, which I'll do tonight, I didn't have a Kupo Coin and not properly equipped in items, but managed still to get half his energy gone. I'm not going for the final 2 Trophies, because I heard they require a playthrough each. I'll do it in the future, I'm tired of Kingdom Hearts for now. 

Something to note is that once you beat Yozora you actually unlock both ez codes and pro codes on that specific save file. Meaning technically you don't have do any additional playthroughs if you don't want to. Now that said It's not really recommended for risk-taker because you have to do pretty much every data battle + Yozora with all pro codes on, but, for all-rounder it's actually easier to do it on that save file than making a fresh one. Only takes an hour or two tops to get all-rounder done on an endgame save file.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZenaxPure said:

Something to note is that once you beat Yozora you actually unlock both ez codes and pro codes on that specific save file. Meaning technically you don't have do any additional playthroughs if you don't want to. Now that said It's not really recommended for risk-taker because you have to do pretty much every data battle + Yozora with all pro codes on, but, for all-rounder it's actually easier to do it on that save file than making a fresh one. Only takes an hour or two tops to get all-rounder done on an endgame save file.

Cool thanks for the tips, I'll get the All-Rounder Trophy also when I beat Yozora, I'll save the Risk-Taker playthrough for another time. Also I read that Yozora can steal your Kupo Coin, would it be better to not have one just in case?

5 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

Cool thanks for the tips, I'll get the All-Rounder Trophy also when I beat Yozora, I'll save the Risk-Taker playthrough for another time. Also I read that Yozora can steal your Kupo Coin, would it be better to not have one just in case?

The attack he uses that steal the Kupo Coin is pretty obvious and easy to dodge.

But he does have a pretty good opening that you can exploit by charging right through it, but pretty sure he would steal it you took advantage of it.

• Like 1

Just beat him, I took a 4 day break from this to play another game I got, well just beat Yozora, took about an hour. I didn't have a Kupo Coin just in case and I think I got lucky, cause he didn't do the item steal at all or steal my Keyblade, plus it gave me Rage Form 3 times. Just glad that's over with. ??