Trophy Families Guide 2.0

Malachen

Thanks for the gallery uploads, makes cleaning up way less grindy, wish I didnt do the triplets the hard way now. I can’t access any of Naomie_Len’s stuff though, Ive tried a bunch of times today and last night but the gallery just didn’t want to play ball. Can I access through the browser gallery perhaps. or does that not connect to the PS4 version? 

21 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

We did it guys and girls. It's not ultra rare anymore :awesome:

Indeed it's finally rare lol.

5 hours ago, SasquatchSaul said:

Thanks for the gallery uploads, makes cleaning up way less grindy, wish I didnt do the triplets the hard way now. I can’t access any of Naomie_Len’s stuff though, Ive tried a bunch of times today and last night but the gallery just didn’t want to play ball. Can I access through the browser gallery perhaps. or does that not connect to the PS4 version? 

My only suggestion is to keep rebooting. The gallery is super broken.

On 03/03/2020 at 8:26 PM, Naomie_Len said:

Watch every channel slowly don't switch the channels fast,Do the same thing with the radio. 

This is correct. Don't go quickly with it to ensure each channel is watched.

Just listened to @AffectatiousDonk and @themindisacity discussing this on their Podcast Push2Plat. Odd feeling to be mentioned on it as I have been listening to the backlog for a while and never expected to hear my name discussed on it lol ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Malachen said:

Indeed it's finally rare lol.

My only suggestion is to keep rebooting. The gallery is super broken.

This is correct. Don't go quickly with it to ensure each channel is watched.

Just listened to @AffectatiousDonk and @themindisacity discussing this on their Podcast Push2Plat. Odd feeling to be mentioned on it as I have been listening to the backlog for a while and never expected to hear my name discussed on it lol 1f602.png

Mindi is a big fan of your work for this game. I look forward to getting into it in the future. Thankyou for doing it and helping out all us trophy hunters :)

Edited by AffectatiousDonk

34 minutes ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Whenever I place a sim with level 10 skills, the game doesn't register it and the trophy doesn't pop.

You need to get one of the skills yourself to level 10. The game then seems to scan for the trophies. If you fulfill the requirements for any other trophy with that Sim they will pop. The one I have created (Entertainer Tate) needs 3% in Charisma to get ALL skill trophies. You can get this from a mirror easily.

On 06/03/2020 at 2:02 AM, SasquatchSaul said:

Finally got the plat, I found the missing gallery content by accessing the gallery in-game rather than from the main menu, at least I think that helped. Cheers!

Glad to hear ? sorry that the gallery was glitchy for you. Blame EA

On 3/3/2020 at 0:43 PM, qwerty407 said:

thanks for guides guys, I can't seem to unlock channel surfer trophy, I followed several guides and no luck, any solution?

Try switching Sims, also try the option "listen to.." and listen to each channel for a couple seconds that's what fixed mine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I played this game recently, took me just under 4 hours to Platinum.  I have never played a Sims game before (well, not since Sim City 2000, hardly relevant here).  I used the gallery families provided by Malachen, Naomie, and Joey and followed Bushido's video guide.  I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone for making this possible, especially Malachen for getting the ball rolling and providing the main families for the bulk of the trophies, including all the difficult ones and Bushido for putting together the video.  Your hard work made this an insanely easy and straight forward Platinum, and you deserve all the credit and all the praise.  Thank you so much!

As for my experience, I'll say this.... Sims is interesting.  It seems like a very well thought out game, but perhaps you'd have to have played the prior installments to understand the devs decisions on some things.  I found the menus to be very unintuitive, and the lag... oh my.  Not just going from Build mode to Live mode and vice versa, either.  The game hitched in so many ways, then was surprising when it didn't during animations I thought would surely bog it down.  The controls were needlessly clunky, as well (perhaps a symptom of being a PC first title?).  But if you're willing to overlook the lag and small nuisances, there's a lot to do in this game, a lot of creativity to be had.

With all that said, I did have a small gripe with the guide.  I read this thread, in its entirety, and watched the video before I sat down to play.  I had the video running next to me as I played, as well.  I referred to it the whole time.  While the vast majority of the time it was smooth and easy to understand, often the directions were general.  As someone who hasn't played a Sims game before, it took me a lot of trial and error to figure out some of the instructions the first time I needed to do them.  Most of the time this only took a minute, but the one that got me and slowed me down was planting seeds.  I played around with it for a long time and finally had to watch a 'planting seeds on ps4' tutorial video somewhere else before I got it.  Obviously the decision by the devs to make this process as painful as possible is all on them.  But this is the part that basically halted my progress.  I think the Plat would have taken me an hour less if it wasn't for this.  To be fair, one of the problems was I was trying to plant in the wrong place, and again, the game offers no help in this regard.  But even after figuring out where to plant seeds, the how was overly complicated for no reason.  Then after figuring out how, the process was still incredibly painful.  In the end, I wasn't able to plant seeds on the ground as the video showed until after I had built planter boxes.  And, the seeds in the planter box grew much faster than the ones on the ground (about half the time).  In the end, just making boxes and planting there would have saved me some headache.  Besides seeds and planting, the only other slowdown I had was waiting for the Culinary Sim to figure out her life, lol.  I tried setting up the bar for her, mixing drinks, and other tasks, but she was stubborn.  I ended up having to just wait on fast forward for her to go back and forth to work a few times.  The Painter took a little while too, but still half the time as the Culinary Sim.  All the others completed quickly while working on other trophies and none really required any help, except these two.  In the end it was only a 40 min process, and it was all on the game's mechanics being funky.  Definitely not as bad as those seeds... man, those seeds, lol.

So I meant to post right after I got the Plat, but have been super busy.  I wanted to be extremely detailed in retelling what I experienced, to try to help others who might have my experience level with these games, but now I'm having trouble remembering the specifics of the small things.  For instance, I recall something wonky about the '3 dots' on the Lot choice screen, but can't remember specifics.  Either way, I'm sure others will figure it out, as I did, and the fact that even with these small gripes and being new to this series I could still get Plat in under 4 hours is incredible.  There's really nothing here to complain about, I was simply trying to offer some constructive feedback.  Again, thank you so much to everyone who helped make this possible, but especially to Malachen and Bushido!  I really do appreciate all of your hard work!  I can only imagine how many countless hours were spent putting together all these families, the information, the guides, etc... it's truly a superb effort.  Thank you :)

19 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

I played this game recently, took me just under 4 hours to Platinum.  I have never played a Sims game before (well, not since Sim City 2000, hardly relevant here).  I used the gallery families provided by Malachen, Naomie, and Joey and followed Bushido's video guide.  I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone for making this possible, especially Malachen for getting the ball rolling and providing the main families for the bulk of the trophies, including all the difficult ones and Bushido for putting together the video.  Your hard work made this an insanely easy and straight forward Platinum, and you deserve all the credit and all the praise.  Thank you so much!

As for my experience, I'll say this.... Sims is interesting.  It seems like a very well thought out game, but perhaps you'd have to have played the prior installments to understand the devs decisions on some things.  I found the menus to be very unintuitive, and the lag... oh my.  Not just going from Build mode to Live mode and vice versa, either.  The game hitched in so many ways, then was surprising when it didn't during animations I thought would surely bog it down.  The controls were needlessly clunky, as well (perhaps a symptom of being a PC first title?).  But if you're willing to overlook the lag and small nuisances, there's a lot to do in this game, a lot of creativity to be had.

With all that said, I did have a small gripe with the guide.  I read this thread, in its entirety, and watched the video before I sat down to play.  I had the video running next to me as I played, as well.  I referred to it the whole time.  While the vast majority of the time it was smooth and easy to understand, often the directions were general.  As someone who hasn't played a Sims game before, it took me a lot of trial and error to figure out some of the instructions the first time I needed to do them.  Most of the time this only took a minute, but the one that got me and slowed me down was planting seeds.  I played around with it for a long time and finally had to watch a 'planting seeds on ps4' tutorial video somewhere else before I got it.  Obviously the decision by the devs to make this process as painful as possible is all on them.  But this is the part that basically halted my progress.  I think the Plat would have taken me an hour less if it wasn't for this.  To be fair, one of the problems was I was trying to plant in the wrong place, and again, the game offers no help in this regard.  But even after figuring out where to plant seeds, the how was overly complicated for no reason.  Then after figuring out how, the process was still incredibly painful.  In the end, I wasn't able to plant seeds on the ground as the video showed until after I had built planter boxes.  And, the seeds in the planter box grew much faster than the ones on the ground (about half the time).  In the end, just making boxes and planting there would have saved me some headache.  Besides seeds and planting, the only other slowdown I had was waiting for the Culinary Sim to figure out her life, lol.  I tried setting up the bar for her, mixing drinks, and other tasks, but she was stubborn.  I ended up having to just wait on fast forward for her to go back and forth to work a few times.  The Painter took a little while too, but still half the time as the Culinary Sim.  All the others completed quickly while working on other trophies and none really required any help, except these two.  In the end it was only a 40 min process, and it was all on the game's mechanics being funky.  Definitely not as bad as those seeds... man, those seeds, lol.

So I meant to post right after I got the Plat, but have been super busy.  I wanted to be extremely detailed in retelling what I experienced, to try to help others who might have my experience level with these games, but now I'm having trouble remembering the specifics of the small things.  For instance, I recall something wonky about the '3 dots' on the Lot choice screen, but can't remember specifics.  Either way, I'm sure others will figure it out, as I did, and the fact that even with these small gripes and being new to this series I could still get Plat in under 4 hours is incredible.  There's really nothing here to complain about, I was simply trying to offer some constructive feedback.  Again, thank you so much to everyone who helped make this possible, but especially to Malachen and Bushido!  I really do appreciate all of your hard work!  I can only imagine how many countless hours were spent putting together all these families, the information, the guides, etc... it's truly a superb effort.  Thank you :)

Thanks for the praise! I do need to go back over the guide and make changes because I realise that if you've never played Sims before, the game doesn't make it easy to work out lol. I haven't had a chance to do it yet but I will take your notes on board when I do.

Also culinary is a pain. I am planning to re-upload the family with her closer to a promotion.

On 3/1/2020 at 3:51 PM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Just dropped by to say I agree and disagree at the same time.

I disagree with reputation of this game being bad, because it's the same addicting experience as The Sims 1 was in early 2000s. Taking off nostalgia goggles, there's a lot of things that has been improved since TS 1, which makes newer games from the series objectively better. Personally, I'm having so much fun with this game by just playing at my own pace and without caring about trophies much.

I agree with EA thing, they pulled an undoubtely dick move by cutting out half of the game and hiding it behind paywall, and this alone was a good reason to ignore this game when it was released. But to be fair, vanilla TS 4 is still a bigger game than original TS. After these 5 years since TS4 release, still omitting this game after being on sale quite a lot of times and because of "EA" trademark can make you potentially miss a good title.

If you are like me and still have good memories about The Sims 1 and would love to play it again, it's definitely worth adding to library while it's still on PS+.

EA already had a handle on The Sims. Remember the code you had to type in to install the game? That was their way of preventing others from burning CDs and passing them along to their friends. Quite popular with games like Starcraft and Diablo 2, in fact I played them on burned CD ROMS myself.

Will Wright was the brainchild and genius of Maxis. He was the vision that started Sim City and later The Sims. EA, much like they did with Westwood Studios, butchered Maxis and left them with next to nothing. EA published the original Sims and all it's expansions, but it was Maxis who developed the game from scratch and it's probably one of my favorite PC titles of all time.

I generally find a lot of PC games to just not work on a console. Civilization VI just looks like a mess on the PS4, whereas the PC already has a handle on mods and various customization options, which will always work best on that platform.

As for The Sims 4, it generally takes a long time for games to get ported to the PS4. I don't know, I absolutely hated The Sims 3 and I don't think this sequel would get my hopes up. Bigger doesn't mean it's better... just to let you know.

• Like 1

I need 1 more trophy and it's the Channel surfer trophy. I've been trying for the last 2 hours to get it. I've watched all the tv shows and listened to each radio station for at least 5 seconds. I've used different sims and I'm still not getting it. I don't know what to do at this point. Any help would be appreciated. 

Edit: Just got this randomly. Thank God. Thanks so much for the families and making the game very easy to complete. Much appreciated everyone. 

Edited by Langley594

Thank you for doing this. I got the plat without any real trouble, other than fighting the horrible PC oriented control system. The only part that left me struggling a bit was planting the seeds. It takes a while to realize that they really did make that as dull and cumbersome as possible and some more specific instructions would have definitely helped. Mind you, I only used the text guide.

I would never want to spend more than 2 or 3 hours on this game. I played The Sims 1 back in the day and I remember it as being a lot more fun and of better quality than this. Our past is littered with butchered franchise it seems.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

• 2 years later...