The Dark Crystal trophy thoughts?

22 minutes ago, DieHardDavidN said:

It looks like a mobile game and looks boring as hell to play.

Probably depends on if you like fire emblem/wargrove type games or not, I personally enjoy them and I think it looks fine if not a bit plain. If it's on sale for under £10 I'll get it because there isn't too many of this type of game on ps4. 

• Like 1

I think it looks fairly decent for a budget game and I'm probably going to pick it up at some point.  Trophies look to be all pretty much story related stuff so hopefully nothing too difficult though some may be missable.  With the new game + trophy it looks like a 2nd playthough will be required though as mentioned.  I heard in a review that a harder difficulty can be unlocked so hopefully you won't have to complete the game on that for the new game + trophy.  That said if a harder difficulty playthrough is required you'll obviously be in new game + so that should make it easier to get through with better gear etc from the off.   

Edited by PondNewt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On new game + you can still play it on story mode which is easy difficulty so the second playthrough is a breeze. In the second playthrough characters can go up to level 30 and pearls you earn from battles make buying the new gear easier. Easily averaging 50-100k in pearls per battle. You don't even have to finish all the missions. As soon as you get to the Skesis battles at the end and fight the Emperor it's finished. I still had a few battles to fight in new game plus but wasn't necessary as the trophy does say kill the Emperor in new game plus so I didn't bother doing the others and I still got the trophy.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I usually avoid that "Jimpressions" retard. Everything I've ever watched him review he did nothing but complain. From all I've watched on YouTube I like what I see and I actually kind of like that the gameplay mechanics are basic and simple. Sometimes games complicate the hell out of the mechanics for no good reason so games like this I welcome. It sucks that it hasn't been on sale for almost 3 years... not that you saved much in that sale anyway - 6 bucks, whoop-dee-do!

Who knows, I might pick it up soon because grid-based style turn-based games are the style of turn-base I like and I've been itching desperately lately for one. As soon as I'm done with Disciples: Liberation (waiting on it from Ebay as of the date of this post) I'll probably want to tackle this one next.