Resident Evil to netflix

DividedByMankind

I want to say that I'm excited but then I keep reminding myself that its by the same people who made the Milla Jovovich movies. And it seems like they're doing the same thing with another original story. Don't get me wrong, I love original stories created from I.P.s but with their track record after the third movie, well it has me concerned.

Though using the leak, my guess to the plot is this. Umbrella instead of using STARS to conduct their research uses a mental facility as well as uses it for experiments, and the Washington D.C. Today is a news organization trying to uncover their work. So then Umbrella sends a BOW after the staff kinda like Nemesis and STARS members. My guess it's gonna be a thriller/mystery rather than a full blown horror show. But that's just a wild idea I'm throwing out there.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, punkshepherd said:

Im looking to start getting into the resident evil series soon.

Games and remasters first obviously. Ive heard the films are very....mehhh. so this netflix series intrigues me.

Hopefully il have a few games beaten before the series is released. 

You should check out the CG movies, Degeneration, Damnation, and Vendetta. They are all canon to the Resident Evil games and can be watched in between the later games. Also if you're playing the games looking for a coherent plot, sad to say you won't get that here. With the remasters and remakes and even so the originals, canon is up in the air with nothing really definitive anymore. There is a solid timeline, but how it happened is a little skewed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BestUsername---- said:

You should check out the CG movies, Degeneration, Damnation, and Vendetta. They are all canon to the Resident Evil games and can be watched in between the later games. Also if you're playing the games looking for a coherent plot, sad to say you won't get that here. With the remasters and remakes and even so the originals, canon is up in the air with nothing really definitive anymore. There is a solid timeline, but how it happened is a little skewed.

Ahh cool. Thanks for the info. 

Yeah i saw a multipack for the cg movies. Might check out a trailer or three. Seems better than the live action.

It sucks when a long time series doesnt sort out its cannon. Altho now ive said that ive run into multiple youtube videos that may enlighten me

However, i should defo play a bit before i spoil anything. *adds to "watch later"*

If you want to play the games in the order of events here is the best I can do for you. I'm going to assume all you have is a PS4 and PS3 and aren't willing to track down the original version of the games. I'm not going to add stage-plays and the novels/comics. If you want to check those out just tell me and I'll be happy to add those in.
Black - Canon
Red - Non-Canon
Green - Movies

Orange - Semi Canon

Resident Evil 0

Resident Evil Remake

Resident Evil 3 Remake\

Resident Evil Outbreak Files 1\

These games take place at the same time.

Resident Evil Outbreak Files 2 /               

Resident Evil 2 Remake/
Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City

Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles\

These two games are a retelling of the 0 to Code Veronica.
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles/

Biohazard 4D: Executor (Non-Canon Movie)

Resident Evil 4: Las Plagas: Organisms of War
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 4: Assignment Ada

Resident Evil 4: Wesker's Report

Resident Evil Revelations: Jessica's Report

Resident Evil Revelations

Resident Evil: Degeneration
Resident Evil 5: Lost in Nightmares 
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 5: Desperate Escape

Resident Evil: Damnation
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil Vendetta
Umbrella Corps
Resident Evil 7: Banned Daughters

Resident Evil 7: Beginning Hours Demo

Resident Evil 7

Resident Evil 7: Not A Hero

Resident Evil 7: End of Zoe

I feel like I'm missing some but I',m sure someone will correct me. The thing about Resident Evil 0 is that while it is the first game in the timeline, it is also the hardest and I would go against playing that game first.

6 hours ago, punkshepherd said:

Ahh cool. Thanks for the info. 

Yeah i saw a multipack for the cg movies. Might check out a trailer or three. Seems better than the live action.

It sucks when a long time series doesnt sort out its cannon. Altho now ive said that ive run into multiple youtube videos that may enlighten me

However, i should defo play a bit before i spoil anything. *adds to "watch later"*

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, punkshepherd said:

Wow man. Bravo. High ten.

I'll be referring to this topic a lot. 

And also....STAGE PLAYS? !?

Surely not.

*searches*

Wow thats Madder than veggie zombie

Yeah lol, I couldn't believe it when I saw them either. The real kicker too is that they are actually canon to the Resident Evil universe. They are by no means necessary to watch since neither the games nor movies mention them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 9:19 AM, Matto_lsi said:

" Today, twenty-sex years after the discovery of the T-Virus" - whoa, kinky!

But don't worry, its Netflix.  Unless it gets 40 million viewers in its first 5 minutes of release they'll cancel it after 2 seasons.

Netflix has pulled the plug on a LOT of shows, some of which were pretty captivating and original.

It's just another platform that favors the ratings and the viewer count. Since I started subscribing to them in 2009 they've had their library reduced drastically. Probably going to pull the plug on them pretty soon.