Value of your account and trophy list?

SuchRemorse

1 hour ago, Hakoom said:

i wouldnt sell my account even if you would put a million infront of me :P

my account is like me.. would i sell myself? thats the question.. 

a bat or a stamp is totally different.. those are collectables..

a psn account from 2008~2020 with all the effort put in to it is not a collectable

It's not a collectable to YOU! But other people might want it. I mean did you see on the news the other day!? Someone bought a page from Trumps report for $48,000 or some amount close to that. To me that's NOT a collectable. I wouldn't even give $1 for that. But some people in this world would want it. I don't know man.. For a million dollars I might have to sell my account lol.. I mean it's no where close to yours but I could do a lot more with a million dollars than staring at my time stamps or trophies earned. If anything it would give me an excuse to make a new profile and play all the awesome games (and avoid the crappy ones) I have played over the years and re earn trophies and again. 

Hmmm maybe I should change this post and put. How much would it take for your to sell your profile?  How much do people sell usernames for?? Or accounts with thousands of digital games attached to them? ? 

2 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

It's not a collectable to YOU! But other people might want it. I mean did you see on the news the other day!? Someone bought a page from Trumps report for $48,000 or some amount close to that. To me that's NOT a collectable. I wouldn't even give $1 for that. But some people in this world would want it. I don't know man.. For a million dollars I might have to sell my account lol.. I mean it's no where close to yours but I could do a lot more with a million dollars than staring at my time stamps or trophies earned. If anything it would give me an excuse to make a new profile and play all the awesome games (and avoid the crappy ones) I have played over the years and re earn trophies and again. 

the point i wanted to make between the difference of a bat or page or stamp vs an account..

the account i got will get downgraded by time and lose its value.. while the other stuff you mentioned gain value by time like a limited edition item.. keep that in mind too..

someone can replicate my acc in 3 years with that money maybe less.. but you cant get that specific bat or page because its limited..

1 minute ago, Hakoom said:

the point i wanted to make between the difference of a bat or page or stamp vs an account..

the account i got will get downgraded by time and lose its value.. while the other stuff you mentioned gain value by time like a limited edition item.. keep that in mind too..

someone can replicate my acc in 3 years with that money maybe less.. but you cant get that specific bat or page because its limited..

I don't agree with you. I feel like in the gaming community and to trophy hunters you will always be trophy KING! Even if you stopped playing or if someone else passes you to become number 1. That would definitely make headlines! It was still you that did it first! You have held the number one spot for years and years. Nobody can take that away from you. Even if you stop playing or if you aren't number 1 anymore. You did it FIRST! And you said someone can replicate your account in 3 years!? I highly doubt that. There are over 100 million Playstation players in the world and only 10 or maybe less are kinda close to you. I don't think anyone could replicate your profile in 3 years. Not even close! You are a machine! LOL 

5 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

I don't agree with you. I feel like in the gaming community and to trophy hunters you will always be trophy KING! Even if you stopped playing or if someone else passes you to become number 1. That would definitely make headlines! It was still you that did it first! You have held the number one spot for years and years. Nobody can take that away from you. Even if you stop playing or if you aren't number 1 anymore. You did it FIRST! And you said someone can replicate your account in 3 years!? I highly doubt that. There are over 100 million Playstation players in the world and only 10 or maybe less are kinda close to you. I don't think anyone could replicate your profile in 3 years. Not even close! You are a machine! LOL 

trust me as much as i have done in the past 12 years iam not that big lol

if you compare me to big gamers and e sport players iam nobody :D

the reason iam who iam and alot know me and i wont be forgotten even if i stop  is because iam a person who recorded my  journey for the past 12 years.. in comparison to others.. my milestones are all on youtube since 2009 up until today... i took photos and videos of everything i did so its all there.. i built my account block by block i got history which cannot be deleted.

the replicating iam talking about is doing it illegally.. just pay 10 ppl 100k each and watch how they can pass me.. thats what i meant..

but ye i do agree legally its impossible

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/02/2020 at 9:34 AM, SuchRemorse said:

I was just thinking. Our profiles must have some value. We put so many hours into out accounts playing games. Some people are really REALLY good and have lots of time to play games for thousands of hours. Others go for the most difficult and rarest trophies. I was wondering what are the values of these accounts. Lets say if someone wanted to sell theirs? What would it go for? Would people look at the trophy level? The games? The Trophies unlocked? Or all the above? I don't know. It's really late right now and I was just bored thinking this. Lets say @Hakoom wanted to sell his account. What would it go for? Would anyone actually want it knowing they didn't unlock those trophies? Or would someone want it just for the rights to say they own it? And not just his account. Any accounts. Any thoughts? Or do I just need to go to sleep right now? lol

I think it'd be an equation with numbers of trophies, of platinums, of levels and trophy rarity like : w + x + y + z = money.

On 24.2.2020 at 9:34 AM, SuchRemorse said:

I was just thinking. Our profiles must have some value.

They don't, except for the purchased goods.

On 24.2.2020 at 7:02 PM, Hakoom said:

i wouldnt sell my account even if you would put a million infront of me

You would. Instantly.
By the way, your grammar is fucking horrible. Try to improve yourself. -_-

Edited by Todd Coward

7 hours ago, Todd Coward said:

They don't, except for the purchased goods.

You would. Instantly.
By the way, your grammar is fucking horrible. Try to improve yourself. -_-

try me.. i wouldnt lol

whats wrong with my grammar??

• 3 years later...

On 2/25/2020 at 4:02 AM, Hakoom said:

i wouldnt sell my account even if you would put a million infront of me :P

If someone placed a suitcase in front of me with 1 million dollars in it, I would not even think twice about selling my PSN account 😎

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 months later...

Not sure people would really buy an account for trophies, but for the digital title library, I can see people wanting to do that.  I would never sell mine, though, so mine would be priceless, I suppose.

The only way I could see an account being valuable is if it belonged to some famous person, streamer, influencer, etc who sold it just to brag they own what that person created. I’ve been trophy hunting since the patch arrived on PS3 and sure no one but me cares what’s in my trophy library. I don’t have any ultra hard ones, I have my fair share of easy ones and a mix of respectable ones. But to many grind ones for my liking. I just play what I think I will enjoy. I do remember on PS3 when players were account sharing, people were constantly asking me to get trophies they couldn’t get themselves for their accounts. 

People do actually sell their accounts but you'll never get more than a few hundred USD for it. I think the most I've seen somebody say they got was $500 but that was with a good amount of digital games. 

Buyers don't care at all about trophies tied to the account, it's more about what digital purchases are tied to that account. The more you got, the more actual value it has. 

Everything's got a number though. If somebody were to offer me say $10k, I would seriously consider it. Reality is, nobody is going to pay $10k just for a trophy hunter account. It's just not realistic. The account is worthless except to the beholder and earner of the trophies. Buying your trophy account would be meaningless. 

• Like 1