Is the online dead?

I doubt this game ever had a good activity. A couple of years ago, when I was doing it, I very rarely could find 1 random while boosting my kills/xp and they were all beginners with no experience with the game.

I'm at a loss of words that this online does not shut down yet.

4 people are required for some 4 people game modes, the main boost is done 1v1, the whole online should take appromaximately 50 hours. Boosting is a must, you will never do this legit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

I doubt this game ever had a good activity. A couple of years ago, when I was doing it, I very rarely could find 1 random while boosting my kills/xp and they were all beginners with no experience with the game.

I'm at a loss of words that this online does not shut down yet.

4 people are required for some 4 people game modes, the main boost is done 1v1, the whole online should take appromaximately 50 hours. Boosting is a must, you will never do this legit.

Hm, I always thought this was a at least 500+ hour plat due to (misguiding I guess) guide estimates. I probably would have done the MP years ago if I knew. How hard are the SP trophies?

26 minutes ago, Bezenko said:

Hm, I always thought this was a at least 500+ hour plat due to (misguiding I guess) guide estimates. I probably would have done the MP years ago if I knew. How hard are the SP trophies?

18 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

500 hours is because of singleplayer and multiplayer combined. Rail shooters are meant to be hard.

The infamous 500 hours/the rest of your life from that guide are one of the most horrifying things ever said in the whole trophies history. The time for the platinum is between 80-100h normally, but then it can take a bit longer depending from your skills.

It has been awhile so I don't really know how much I'd rate this game. Something between 8 and 9 I'd say.

Online has been dead for years.  When I started playing it there were maybe 10 people active who weren't specifically boosting. 

The only guide out there has a very inaccurate estimated timeframe.

The singleplayer trophies are tough but doable, for someone who played them in arcades I bought a Guncon because they were tough for me.  Personally, I'm also just lazy and wanted the easier route and I had the income at the time to get a set. (ahh the nostalgia).

Multiplayer takes awhile to boost and you need 4 people (or 4 PS3s) for some of the trophies.  The majority can be done with 2 people (or 2 PS3s) which is how I'm doing it now.

Overall, unless you have a dedicated boosting group I wouldn't bother at this point unless you want to put the effort in to find one (or buy the necessary equipment to solo boost) or you're super dedicated to UR platinums.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An update for all:

The online is still going strong, I have not had any problems at all. 

The online play however, is most definitely dead, you may encounter the odd solo person. If you encounter a group, they are most likely boosting. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey how many players are needed in multiplayer?  Someone told me 4 players are needed but I wasn’t sure if that meant some trophies required 4 or that 4 is needed to start a match everytime.  

For example, Far Cry 2 requires 16 players but that’s just one trophy.  After that then only 2-3 players are needed to complete the rest of the mp trophies.

8 minutes ago, nino_mustdie said:

Hey how many players are needed in multiplayer?  Someone told me 4 players are needed but I wasn’t sure if that meant some trophies required 4 or that 4 is needed to start a match everytime.  

Two players can start a match and be used for grinding kills / xp but the team mode trophies require four players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Let's hope everything is back to normal and stays like that. I could connect normally when I tried recently.

We can be happy that they haven't shut down these servers years ago considering this game's release date. We are quite late to the party but I hope our boost group gets all online trophies which are left for us. ✌️

EDIT: All multiplayer and ranking trophies done. Servers were still working in late August 2023.

Edited by AiKmAn_MZ
Won the trophies in question.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 17/02/2023 at 4:03 AM, AiKmAn_MZ said:

EDIT: All multiplayer trophies done. Servers were still working in late April 2023.

Make sure you also get the Arcade trophies because it seems like you are blocked from entering the mode if you are not connected. Don't think either of us are safe yet. You don't want to be the guy who thought they were safe from Hitman Absolution shutdown only to later realize that they missed a simple trophy for purchasing an online upgrade.

There is another thread here about people having hacked if their scores aren't posted to the Arcade leaderboards, but I'm not 100% on that because it might be possible to connect to start and then get disconnected halfway through and still pop trophies (untested).

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 11:31 AM, TheYuriG said:

Make sure you also get the Arcade trophies because it seems like you are blocked from entering the mode if you are not connected. Don't think either of us are safe yet. You don't want to be the guy who thought they were safe from Hitman Absolution shutdown only to later realize that they missed a simple trophy for purchasing an online upgrade.

There is another thread here about people having hacked if their scores aren't posted to the Arcade leaderboards, but I'm not 100% on that because it might be possible to connect to start and then get disconnected halfway through and still pop trophies (untested).

Thanks for the heads-up! You are absolutely right. I am aware of the 5 arcade trophies which require a connection to the ranking servers and to be honest, I was too lazy to knock them out. I began practising stages 1 and 2 directly after finishing the online multiplayer but then I stopped to play other games on Xbox. But you are right, it would be very discouraging if they shut down the ranking servers at this point.

EDIT: All arcade ranking play trophies done!

Edited by AiKmAn_MZ
  • Like 1

Online is still up.

However, it's been dead for years.

Only people you'll run into is:

• the random one or two lifers checking to see if they ruin a boost.
  • some rando that doesn't have a boost crew.

My suggestion would be joining a discord and sales pitch this game as a boost.

Keep in mind while the online is all URs, it's the easy part. The campaign is very difficult and requires online servers to be up.

Good Luck!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 31.07.2023 at 8:20 AM, chuvachok101 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5L9XiXkRcY

This is how we boosted exp and kills. For one match, you get 65-75 kills. Sometimes opponents are thrown far from their base in order to get back faster, it's easier to kill yourself with the Give Up button and resurrect than to run across the whole map.

I just use a second account, and snipe the alt across the map pretty much as soon as it respawns. I just have to sometime move my main a bit but it's not that bad. 

• Like 1