Flatout

Alexgaara

Hey @ozamannasilsin2, first I don't know if you read this post of mine, but if you haven't give it a look, there might be some driving techniques and tips that you're not using which could greatly help you overcome this challenge.

If you haven't read the messages in this thread either, do, not necessarily all the posts, but the one where people post their feeling being done with the challenges usually have tips as well, and since everyone is different, there's quite a broad range of tips which could come in helpful depending on your playstyle.

For what it's worth, the Sierra Cosworth events were amongst the hardest ones to get done for me, so if you're struggling too much on them right now, try and get the others done first, that way you'll have a better difficulty curve ahead of you, where you'll progress slowly but surely skillwise, leading to those events eventually.

Personally I didn't change my sensitivity, but for the Sierra Cosworth events I had TCS & ESP on 5, rest of the events I had no assists.

Definitely try and finish runs first, if you're not familiar with the driving line the only thing you're going to do is make it harder on yourself.

Take it at a good pace, listen to your copilot, see where you could push the car and where you shouldn't, and from there go for a full run, maybe not risking it from the get go, just to get an idea if your pace is good or not (like if you end 2-3 seconds behind on an 8 minutes events you don't necessarily need to drive faster, having better entries and exists into turns can be more than enough to get those seconds in).

If you're not used with rally games or driving games in general this challenge is brutal, and you'll surely need a lot of hours to see it through, because the rest of the trophies don't really prepare you for this, but I'm sure you'll start getting the hang of everything, just a matter of time.

Don't spend too much time on an event like the Sierra one, go for cars you enjoy driving first, in locations you enjoy, see how it goes and make sure you get used to those cornerings skill if you haven't already (weight transfer | oversteer | Scandinavian flicks)

Good luck mate!

• 1 month later...

Hi i already posted in here and i thought i will never make it . I tried again and said to myself just fuck it let's do this and see what i can achieved. I finished one event after another,some events are tough as hell and i spend a lot of time ( oldest car was tougher for me). Even the last two in Scotland, i finished those without too much pain.Thanks for the topic,it was a great help. 

Good night guys, i just started my journey of suffer and pain on this DLC, and i am getting my ass clapped so bad that i am discouraged as fuck, the very first event that i tried i just cant pass it, sweden 1989, its not even one of the hardest ones according to this guide and from other people, and i just cant get into 15th place, the time is 3:50 and something, the best i got was 3:54. The ford sierra is horrible to control. Any tips for me? I am average to bellow average on racing, i plated GT5 with months of persistance, but this looks harder to be honest. Sunday driver took me 7h to get it, but this is going to be something else, it feels really hard , because this game has so much of narrow roads and tight times

Edited by bdias10

Just completed ...Flatout trophy today! Thank you @Alexgaara for putting together times and guide which helped immensely where otherwise we would be just going in blind. 

I was mostly struggling in the beginning until I learned the stages' layout and gotta say that Scenario 3 and 4 I completed lot faster than I originally thought, I am not saying it was easy but once you know the stage its definitely easier.

Found myself in the beginning trying to perfect each corner and then barely ever finishing the stage/event, this way I wasted so much time retying, so I changed a bit and took it slower to learn the stage really well and then go for time improvement.

One very IMPORTANT TIP I can give to everyone before even starting for DLC is go to your settings and check "Input Reporting" under controls and test your R2 (throttle) responsiveness. I was getting MAX 92% and I found this after I was in middle of Scenario 2 (was very furious). After I switched to new controller I immediately improved times/speed.

https://imgur.com/yP4EppM

Only assists I used are ABS set on 3 and Steering sensitivity to 100 on gravel and 75 on tarmac, everything else was OFF. TCS and Stability just slows you down.

Here is my take on last event, I crashed then backed out on track and made multiple mistakes in 2nd half of the stage but still made it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q24RyN-Q1rc&t=302s

Good luck guys!

Edited by vujos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, vujos said:

Just completed ...Flatout trophy today! Thank you @Alexgaara for putting together times and guide which helped immensely where otherwise we would be just going in blind. 

I was mostly struggling in the beginning until I learned the stages' layout and gotta say that Scenario 3 and 4 I completed lot faster than I originally thought, I am not saying it was easy but once you know the stage its definitely easier.

Found myself in the beginning trying to perfect each corner and then barely ever finishing the stage/event, this way I wasted so much time retying, so I changed a bit and took it slower to learn the stage really well and then go for time improvement.

One very IMPORTNAT TIP I can give to everyone before even starting for DLC is go to your settings and check "Input Reporting" under controls and test your R2 (throttle) responsiveness. I was getting MAX 92% and I found this after I was in middle of Scenario 2 (was very furious). After I switched to new controller I immediately improved times/speed.

https://imgur.com/yP4EppM

Only assists I used are ABS set on 3 and Steering sensitivity to 100 on gravel and 75 on tarmac, everything else was OFF. TCS and Stability just slows you down.

Here is my take on last event, I crashed then backed out on track and made multiple mistakes in 2nd half of the stage but still made it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q24RyN-Q1rc&t=302s

Good luck guys!

Congrats bro, i just started and so far i completed all events, except for second one, still didnt try yet for so long, i will focus in one per day at least. Any tips for controller user? 

1 hour ago, bdias10 said:

Congrats bro, i just started and so far i completed all events, except for second one, still didnt try yet for so long, i will focus in one per day at least. Any tips for controller user? 

Thanks. As I mentioned above, check the "Input Reporting" for R2 button and make sure its at 100% when you press all the way. Turn off all assists except ABS set to 3 and increase the Steering sensitivity to what works best for you, I set it to 100 on gravel and 75 on tarmac.

5 hours ago, vujos said:

Thanks. As I mentioned above, check the "Input Reporting" for R2 button and make sure its at 100% when you press all the way. Turn off all assists except ABS set to 3 and increase the Steering sensitivity to what works best for you, I set it to 100 on gravel and 75 on tarmac.

how long did it take you for all 40 events?? i was wondering, i did it 4 out 40, it looks like months of work

53 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

how long did it take you for all 40 events?? i was wondering, i did it 4 out 40, it looks like months of work

I'd say between 20-80 hours totally skill depending. 

I did this DLC entirely with my controller and it is absolutely doable. I own a 500-600€ simracing setup but for some reason with the DIRT Rally games I'm having a much harder time with the wheel and can't even get close to the times I'm pulling off with the controller. Games like Assetto Corsa or Project Cars II I'm exclusively playing with the wheel though. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

I'd say between 20-80 hours totally skill depending. 

I did this DLC entirely with my controller and it is absolutely doable. I own a 500-600€ simracing setup but for some reason with the DIRT Rally games I'm having a much harder time with the wheel and can't even get close to the times I'm pulling off with the controller. Games like Assetto Corsa or Project Cars II I'm exclusively playing with the wheel though. 

Yeah, i played the whole thing on very easy on 1 lol, just to get the trophies as quick as possible, and then tried the sunday driver trophy and wasted 7h on it , just raging and failing a lot, but eventually i got it, i guess it will take me more than 80 hours on this lol

4 hours ago, bdias10 said:

Like @OBSTINATIO mentioned its totally skill dependent. I managed to complete all 40 events in about 2 weeks completing several events per day, some more some less. Probably took me around 30-40h, cant tell for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bdias10 said:

Yeah, i played the whole thing on very easy on 1 lol, just to get the trophies as quick as possible, and then tried the sunday driver trophy and wasted 7h on it , just raging and failing a lot, but eventually i got it, i guess it will take me more than 80 hours on this lol

Thats very unfortunate since you could've been a semi-pro by now after all those kilometers you drove on very easy :D 

3 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

Thats very unfortunate since you could've been a semi-pro by now after all those kilometers you drove on very easy :D 

Yeah man, i was eager for the trophies, and thats why i am struggling, but i managed to have some improvements,  this will be tough but doable i hope. I saw some people crying here about the difficulty , i am willing to go through it, even if i have to take breaks due to the anger haha. Trial and error are just a matter of trying and improving, thats how i got GT5 platinum

Jesus Crist this is the hardest racing trophy i ever attempted, it is worst than GT5, every event, literally every event takes me at least 3 hours to complete, and i am not even close to the hardest ones, this will take 200 -300h for me for sure. New Zealand is a nightmare for me, really long as track, and the times are tight as fk. Guess i just suck at it lol, but at least i managed to complete the first part of it. 3 more parts to go

Congratulations @Garcia4Fingers, and thanks for the detailed feedback, I’m sure this will help others!

Well done @vujos, couldn’t agree more with scenario 3&4 being easier, which like you said is probably because once you reach those you know most of the the races & layouts.

I’m gonna edit my first post to add that tip about the throttle, this never cross my mind, so thanks for pointing it out!

Can’t imagine how frustrated you were finding out about this.

@bdias10 It's gonna be tough to give more advices than what everyone else already said, but if you've seen it through GT5 you should be able to finish this DLC.

I remember struggling like a madman on the redbull events (like, Monza probably took me something like 2-3 hours to get, Nürburgring GP 7-8 hours, Suzuka  over 20 hours with a hell of a lot of close times), whereas this DLC took me between 20-30 hours to get through all the events.

Repetition & patience are the main thing about this, until you gain the required skills to see it through, like Garcia said, take it slow, don't try and commit to perfect run from the get go, watch the videos maybe, to see how much you can keep up.

Edited by Alexgaara

10 minutes ago, Alexgaara said:

Congratulations @Garcia4Fingers, and thanks for the detailed feedback, I’m sure this will help others!

(Whenever I have a bit of free time I’ll try and edit my first post to link to post like yours, with lots of helpful infos, so that people who don’t feel like reading every page could still find those).

Well done @vujos, couldn’t agree more with scenario 3&4 being easier, which like you said is probably because once you reach those you know most of the the races & layouts.

I’m gonna edit my first post to add that tip about the throttle, this never cross my mind, so thanks for pointing it out!

Can’t imagine how frustrated you were finding out about this.

@bdias10 It's gonna be tough to give more advices than what everyone else already said, but if you've seen it through GT5 you should be able to finish this DLC.

I remember struggling like a madman on the redbull events (like, Monza probably took me something like 2-3 hours to get, Nürburgring GP 7-8 hours, Suzuka  over 20 hours with a hell of a lot of close times), whereas this DLC took me between 20-30 hours to get through all the events.

Repetition & patience are the main thing about this, until you gain the required skills to see it through, like Garcia said, take it slow, don't try and commit to perfect run from the get go, watch the videos maybe, to see how much you can keep up.

Yeah man, you are much better than me, i did it but was with just persistance, and thats what i will do it here. Even if take me months to get it, and after that i am done with extremelly tough racing challenges lol, at least i am not raging that much because i know how tough it is. I managed to do a new zealand event today again.  I think the hardest races for me are the long km ones. New zealand has too many km . Scotland also gives me a lot of trouble, because of those stupid piles of woods on the side of the road

It's only thanks to prior experiences with racing games (and I'm pretty sure Trackmania games (since Nations ESWC) helped me a lot with racing games in general, because they forced me to learn to "properly" use the analog stick, before those games I would pretty much either push it all the way, or not at all). So when it comes to the tight roads you need to handle in Dirt Rally, I can control the car pretty well with slight turns and gentle pushes of the analog.

It might sound silly, but seeing how narrow some of those roads are, being swift on the analog tremendously helped me without a doubt.

On 08/12/2020 at 11:38 PM, bdias10 said:

I think the hardest races for me are the long km ones. New zealand has too many km . Scotland also gives me a lot of trouble, because of those stupid piles of woods on the side of the road

Is it more because you lose focus over time, or just the sheer amount of difficulties the stages throws at you?

For you it might be better to focus on one location at a time, and see it finish all the events with that location.

Now wether to start with the shorter ones or the longer ones, I guess it depends about your ability to focus on long events. If you have a hard time with that, go with the short stages and progressively work your way to the longer and tougher ones; since some of the long stages are a mix of shorter ones, that could make it more manageable for you.

And yeah, those piles of woods are brutal ^^. There was even an event in Scotland with invisible wood piles (!!!) in a couple of corners (not kidding), but I'm pretty this was fixed with a later patch.

Anyway, your spirit is there, I have no doubt you'll make it through, and even though you seem to be struggling right now, you're still making steady progress between each of your posts.

See you on the 100% board in the near future ☺️

Edited by Alexgaara

16 hours ago, Alexgaara said:

It's only thanks to prior experiences with racing games (and I'm pretty sure Trackmania games (since Nations ESWC) helped me a lot with racing games in general, because they forced me to learn to "properly" use the analog stick, before those games I would pretty much either push it all the way, or not at all). So when it comes to the tight roads you need to handle in Dirt Rally, I can control the car pretty well with slight turns and gentle pushes of the analog.

It might sound silly, but seeing how narrow some of those roads are, being swift on the analog tremendously helped me without a doubt.

Is it more because you lose focus over time, or just the sheer amount of difficulties the stages throws at you?

For you it might be better to focus on one location at a time, and see it finish all the events with that location.

Now wether to start with the shorter ones or the longer ones, I guess it depends about your ability to focus on long events. If you have a hard time with that, go with the short stages and progressively work your way to the longer and tougher ones; since some of the long stages are a mix of shorter ones, that could make it more manageable for you.

And yeah, those piles of woods are brutal ^^. There was even an event in Scotland with invisible wood piles (!!!) in a couple of corners (not kidding), but I'm pretty this was fixed with a later patch.

Anyway, your spirit is there, I have no doubt you'll make it through, and even though you seem to be struggling right now, you're still making steady progress between each of your posts.

See you on the 100% board in the near future 263a.png

Thank you man, yes you are right, the long km ones make me lose focus and attention over time , but the main problem with those tracks is that a lot of times they have some very trick sections that can screw you up ridiculous easily and make you restart 9 min all over again. Also the times ghost team and eletriks ( dont know how to write his name) are very tight, i manage to be a couple seconds bellow them and progress trough time, but every single event is taking me hours, at least 3 to complete. So far this is the same level as GT5, i guess i just suck, because i had experience with racing games before, a lot to be honest. But it is all about retrying a lot of times , and taking your time. Thanks a lot for the motivation

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, bdias10 said:

Guys the glitches still exist, monte carlo 1998 stage 3 is still at 2 12 instead of 2 31, i didnt quit the races between the event, so what did i do wrong?? so frustrating

Pretty sure 2:12 is the normal time; 2:31 can happen, which would be a helpful glitch giving you 20 more seconds to work with, but it's not the time you're supposed to get.

Edited by Alexgaara
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...