Peeress of Pull-Ups Trophy Guide

7 hours ago, xmera_core said:

A few people have kind of touched on this, but my strat was "Don't screw up". I sacrificed any greed on speed for just not falling down. I tended to fall when I got greedy trying to go fast. When I stopped being greedy, I was fine.

How much slower did you go and what was your final winning score. If I go too slow I can only get about 38 sadly. 

55 minutes ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

How much slower did you go and what was your final winning score. If I go too slow I can only get about 38 sadly. 

Ya it's a pain because you have to find that balance but you can always test going faster and sort of get a feel for that rhythm.
Rhythm things can be a pain for some though, I normally suck at rhythm games in general. I do fine with this one, that's why I started offering it to help others get it as well since I know a few that basically had the platinum but couldn't get it because of this one trophy.

1 hour ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

Ya it's a pain because you have to find that balance but you can always test going faster and sort of get a feel for that rhythm.
Rhythm things can be a pain for some though, I normally suck at rhythm games in general. I do fine with this one, that's why I started offering it to help others get it as well since I know a few that basically had the platinum but couldn't get it because of this one trophy.

Thanks for the info. I finally got the trophy like a half hour ago. I turned the music all the way down. I covered half the TV with a jacket and I laid back on my bed hoping for the best. I think laying back on the bed helped my heart rate slow down and helped me relax more. The end score was 43-40. Thank you everyone for all the words of advice. I'm not the best at Rhythm games either.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Thanks for the info. I finally got the trophy like a half hour ago. I turned the music all the way down. I covered half the TV with a jacket and I laid back on my bed hoping for the best. I think laying back on the bed helped my heart rate slow down and helped me relax more. The end score was 43-40. Thank you everyone for all the words of advice. I'm not the best at Rhythm games either.

Legend mate! Awesome job glad you got it smashed out!

For me, turning down BGM and Speech to 0 was really helpful. I could only hear Tifa moaning ? But honestly, I always started remembering pattern from the top, like top down left right. The easiest one is top left right down, because you basically push buttons that are next to each other. Worst pattern is when you have to jump from up to down and left to right, at least for me. 

Also, people are saying that this guy never falls off in Round 2. Well surprise surprise, he fall off at the end of Round 2 for me. It threw me off from the rhythm so much that I fall off too, but was still able to win. 

I think the key is to get button pattern in Round 2 that you like. After that it's just focusing on not screwing up. 

2 hours ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

Legend mate! Awesome job glad you got it smashed out!

Thank you. You really helped me push on through. 

43 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

For me, turning down BGM and Speech to 0 was really helpful. I could only hear Tifa moaning ? But honestly, I always started remembering pattern from the top, like top down left right. The easiest one is top left right down, because you basically push buttons that are next to each other. Worst pattern is when you have to jump from up to down and left to right, at least for me. 

Also, people are saying that this guy never falls off in Round 2. Well surprise surprise, he fall off at the end of Round 2 for me. It threw me off from the rhythm so much that I fall off too, but was still able to win. 

I think the key is to get button pattern in Round 2 that you like. After that it's just focusing on not screwing up. 

Yeah, I feel like Round 2 is really important. Jules always fell in Round 2 at like the last 5 seconds. So, that the time where I had to really speed up, which messed me up a lot of times. Glad that it is finally over. Congrats to you. 

Honestly for me the most annoying bit was having to quit out of the challenge because I messed up immediately and waiting through the long loading screen.

• Like 1

Just depend on muscle memory and keep your eye on Tifa's pull up bar so you have an idea of how fast you should be going. Don't think too much and don't quit when you mess up because the load screen takes a million years and you might as well get some practice in.

2 hours ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

Honestly for me the most annoying bit was having to quit out of the challenge because I messed up immediately and waiting through the long loading screen.

For real lol Fuck Square for that... Like why is there not a retry button....

2 hours ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Thank you. You really helped me push on through. 

Yeah, I feel like Round 2 is really important. Jules always fell in Round 2 at like the last 5 seconds. So, that the time where I had to really speed up, which messed me up a lot of times. Glad that it is finally over. Congrats to you. 

Happy it helped buddy, I knew you'd get it! :D

3 hours ago, King_Arthur0077 said:

Ive been trying for this for about 3 hours now....very frustrating. 

@Bushido_Cypher is that offer for help still standing? how can I Pm you for said help.

Yes it is mate, just did one for someone else. 
Game has to be US version though or not much I can do. 
You can PM me on here, my FB page for this channel or even my PSN. Whatever is easiest for you buddy. 
Cheers

Ended up taking me just over a half hour of trying to beat Jules.  Could never seem to hit more than 33 before biffing it lol.  Got only 19 first round but was feeling like I still had a chance so I went for it, at least I'd get practice if he hit 44 again.

Luckily I beat him 43 - 40 for the trophy!  Got lucky  because it would've taken a miracle to hit 45 for me. 

Glad this crap is done, horrible mini game.  I didn't even turn off voices like I should have, but I lowered music to like 2 because it is so much louder than the sound effects even at 10 for both lol.

Edited by Snake2410
Typo

3 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Ended up taking me just over a half hour of trying to beat Jules.  Could never seem to hit more than 33 before biffing it lol.  Got only 19 first round but was feeling like I still had a chance so I went for it, at least I'd get practice if he hit 44 again.

Luckily I beat him 43 - 40 for the trophy!  Got lucky  because it would've taken a miracle to hit 45 for me. 

Glad this crap is done, horrible mini game.  I didn't even turn off voices like I should have, but I lowered music to like 2 because it is so much louder than the sound effects even at 10 for both lol.

Ya it is a pain especially first time around! 
I've done it for 7 others so far so now I usually get it 1st-2nd try I've got the rhythm down now at least!

It took me a good forty minutes to get, but this is with reading about it and watching this guide thoroughly. It's not because I was good lol. I got him 44 to 43. That's one thing I noticed, he almost always ends at either 41, 43 or 44 no matter how good or bad you do, or at least that's what was happening to me. He seems to get a boost at the end of the first round and the first half of the second. His pattern never seems to change and when he falls off at the end of the second round you better try and get over what he has if you're not too far behind. It is a tricky trophy to get because of how fast you need to keep your rhythm. You can't go too fast or you will press a button too early as the prompt appears again and mess up, but after doing it often enough you get a feel for when it pops up again so you can keep yourself in check.

As for the pattern changing all the time, what I did was stick a mental image in my head of the buttons, but only when I was on a top or bottom button. Like imagine if you tilt your controller downwards to the left, you would have square and x on the bottom and triangle and circle on top. So before the prompt disappears I "started" in my head with either a top or bottom button. Say the sequence is triangle, x circle and square, I started memorizing it with square, so in my head it became square, triangle, x and circle, bottom top, switch sides, bottom top, switch sides, bottom top...at least that helped me, because then the pattern is "always" the same. Reversing it works too; top bottom, switch sides, top bottom...

I love this game, but I was getting a little tired of all the damn minigame trophies. :/ Mind, none of them are nowhere as bad as this one though. 

Edited by TerminusCross

5 hours ago, TerminusCross said:

It took me a good forty minutes to get, but this is with reading about it and watching this guide thoroughly. It's not because I was good lol. I got him 44 to 43. That's one thing I noticed, he almost always ends at either 41, 43 or 44 no matter how good or bad you do, or at least that's what was happening to me. He seems to get a boost at the end of the first round and the first half of the second. His pattern never seems to change and when he falls off at the end of the second round you better try and get over what he has if you're not too far behind. It is a tricky trophy to get because of how fast you need to keep your rhythm. You can't go too fast or you will press a button too early as the prompt appears again and mess up, but after doing it often enough you get a feel for when it pops up again so you can keep yourself in check.

As for the pattern changing all the time, what I did was stick a mental image in my head of the buttons, but only when I was on a top or bottom button. Like imagine if you tilt your controller downwards to the left, you would have square and x on the bottom and triangle and circle on top. So before the prompt disappears I "started" in my head with either a top or bottom button. Say the sequence is triangle, x circle and square, I started memorizing it with square, so in my head it became square, triangle, x and circle, bottom top, switch sides, bottom top, switch sides, bottom top...at least that helped me, because then the pattern is "always" the same. Reversing it works too; top bottom, switch sides, top bottom...

I love this game, but I was getting a little tired of all the damn minigame trophies. :/ Mind, none of them are nowhere as bad as this one though. 

Awesome job mate glad you got it knocked out!

I have been trying for over half an hour straight, tying numerous times, and I just tied 44-44, and I'm ready to just end my life now. 

The frustrating thing is... it's not that skill is irrelevant, but it literally doesn't feel like skill is the determining factor at all. First you have to be perfect, then better than perfect, then better than perfect at lightning speed, and then you have to hope that the RNG gods happen to give him a lower score at the same time you do all that. You can lose with 44 or win with 41.

edit: oh praise allah yahweh buddha zeus and the lot of 'em, i finally won.

1ba4d7c5206bd92a-600x338.jpg

I'm Finished.

Edited by JinjonatorX
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, JinjonatorX said:

I have been trying for over half an hour straight, tying numerous times, and I just tied 44-44, and I'm ready to just end my life now. 

The frustrating thing is... it's not that skill is irrelevant, but it literally doesn't feel like skill is the determining factor at all. First you have to be perfect, then better than perfect, then better than perfect at lightning speed, and then you have to hope that the RNG gods happen to give him a lower score at the same time you do all that. You can lose with 44 or win with 41.

edit: oh praise allah yahweh buddha zeus and the lot of 'em, i finally won.

1ba4d7c5206bd92a-600x338.jpg

I'm Finished.

Congrats mate! 
I don't find it luck personally but I've done it for 12 people as of today so it's definitely made it a breeze haha. 
Cheers on getting it!

• Like 1

Just watch Tifa's motion and press the next button in the sequence when her animation motion stops.

Here is a tip for you, that may work. I did not do this on FF7 remake but I did it on Goat Simulator for Flappy Goat.

Stick a cloth or something over the left hand side of the screen, definitely have the sound on but cover up the left hand side of the screen so you can only see what you are doing, just focus on your own side of the screen, relax and try your best. If you keep checking to see if you are winning or not you will get tense/angry etc and then more likely to not perform well.

Try to cover up your own score as well, that physiological boost might help.

Edited by enaysoft

2 hours ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

Congrats mate! 
I don't find it luck personally but I've done it for 12 people as of today so it's definitely made it a breeze haha. 
Cheers on getting it!

It's a combo of the 2 for sure. Like, I got 44 when I won... but also 44 when I lost. Same skill and success on my part, but win or lose after that was basically a coin toss out of my control. Being really good definitely betters those odds though lol

Edited by JinjonatorX

3 hours ago, JinjonatorX said:

It's a combo of the 2 for sure. Like, I got 44 when I won... but also 44 when I lost. Same skill and success on my part, but win or lose after that was basically a coin toss out of my control. Being really good definitely betters those odds though lol

Ya definitely since I've done it multiple times usually get it 1st or 2nd try as long as I just focus on Tifa haha only reason why I started offering it to people because I was hoping it wouldn't be a headache to do