Peeress of Pull-Ups Trophy Guide

On 5/9/2020 at 7:05 AM, Creamium said:

Turning off speech and music helps, but what made me get better was to stop focusing on the button order and go into a 'zen' like state. It's hard to explain, but in my early attempts I kept paying attention to the button order, but doing the first pull-ups in slow mode will put that pretty much in your muscle memory. Then, after increasing the tempo, I'd always screw up when the repeated button press prompt showed up. I'd always push the next button too fast, so I reminded myself to delay a bit and go from there. For some reason I had a harder time with amateur than pro, because I just wasn't tuned to the flow of the mechanic, but once I stopped thinking about the button order and watched out for the repeat presses, I did a lot better. When I won I got 44-41, first time I ever saw Jules get such a low number.

The top secret 5 is a harder challenge, but this comes right after imo.

That's what kept happening to me so I did the same thing.  Mentally slowed down both before and after the button tap to ensure I didn't hit it before it got to either one. 

I beat him 43 - 40 so he does (rarely) go that low.  That's why I've insisted on another forum that luck is definitely involved if you cannot seem to hit more than 44.  I barely hit 43 that time and it was my best attempt 

Top secret 7* took me longer, 2hrs give or take over 45 minutes for pull ups, but I also uses a very specific strategy to avoid Mega Flare and Iffrit spawning, not to metion beating everyone else a lot quicker, when I probably would've been fine doing it the long way a lot faster. 

I just loved the challenge of doing it the way I did and on what was going to be my final attempt before doing the long way it all worked out.  Not sure it really was harder for me, just felt like less luck involved.

Edited by Snake2410

2 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

That's what kept happening to me so I did the same thing.  Mentally slowed down both before and after the button tap to ensure I didn't hit it before it got to either one. 

I beat him 43 - 40 so he does (rarely) go that low.  That's why I've insisted on another forum that luck is definitely involved if you cannot seem to hit more than 44.  I barely hit 43 that time and it was my best attempt 

Top secret 7* took me longer, 2hrs give or take over 45 minutes for pull ups, but I also uses a very specific strategy to avoid Mega Flare and Iffrit spawning, not to metion beating everyone else a lot quicker, when I probably would've been fine doing it the long way a lot faster. 

I just loved the challenge of doing it the way I did and on what was going to be my final attempt before doing the long way it all worked out.  Not sure it really was harder for me, just felt like less luck involved.

I'd still say a very small amount of luck is involved, I've done it for about 5 people on here and a few through my trophy services and I usually get it 1st or 2nd try now
It's just knowing what speed is fine once you get into the 2nd round to smash through some pull ups.

• 4 weeks later...

Stuck at the pull-up Ch14 stuff. Haven't touched the game in days because of this. 
I have short-term memory issues and I just can't process this. With Cloud during Ch9 (I think) it was easy enough since it was just moving in a circle. But with Tifa it's in a pattern, and it changes. I guess I will have to wait so my best friend can do it for me when I visit him late summer. Super bummed by these kinds of trophies. 

On 6/13/2020 at 4:40 AM, Jaina34 said:

Stuck at the pull-up Ch14 stuff. Haven't touched the game in days because of this. 
I have short-term memory issues and I just can't process this. With Cloud during Ch9 (I think) it was easy enough since it was just moving in a circle. But with Tifa it's in a pattern, and it changes. I guess I will have to wait so my best friend can do it for me when I visit him late summer. Super bummed by these kinds of trophies. 

If he ends up not being able to as well, I can if it's a US Version of the game! 

Keep it at it though mate! 

I've got the EU version sadly. My mate's been doing it via share-play. He's been at it for two hours. But still no luck. He keeps getting close. But alas... He nearly demolished his entire room due to massive rage. So I told him to stop for now xD

On 6/18/2020 at 7:23 PM, Lance_87 said:

Wait, there's a difference between the US and EU versions?

Nothing it's just I can't help someone do it if they don't have the US Version since that's what I have and your save will only work with my version of the game if it's US as well.

19 hours ago, Jaina34 said:

Does it matter with Share Play though?

Still no luck with the trophy.. Been stuck for like two weeks now. Ugh. 

I don't use shareplay to obtain trophy, I might be able to when we get our house built but where we are at now (Australia) my net is too slow especially for something that requires 0 latency. 
I usually get it 1st or 2nd go, I send a screenshot I take from my capture card (Elgato HD60S) and I upload save if they have PS+ and want it of course.

yeah this was a nightmare to get. Especially the last challenge against Jules. He would always get like 40 pull ups and the most I could do was 35.

In the end I did not focus on the buttons anymore and went purely by instinct and focused instead on staying in the right rhytm. By the end you have to hit those buttons so fast that you have no time to think anymore because one mistake and you're fucked. It took me over 20 attempts and by the end when I barely beat him by 45-44 (daaaaamn) I swear my fingers actually hurt.

The only minigame giving me more trouble is the Biker game in Chapter 4. That and the two Hard trophies (beating game on Hard and Pride & Joy challenge) are the only trophies I am still missing. I started a game on Hard a few weeks ago and made it to Chapter 3 but then lost motivation because Hard is so exhausting (and I already had beaten the game twice in a row before that) so I really needed a break from FF VII and focused on other games (platinumed Jedi Fallen Order instead) and still haven't gone back to FF VII. And since I just got Horizon Zero Dawn and getting Last of Us 2 next week it'll probably be a while before I jump back into FF VII.

But yeah the pull up trophy was the hardest from all the trophies I got in the game so far. seriously what is it with Final Fantasy games and pain in the ass minigame trophies ? Every fucking time. Rope jumping, Chocobo Race, pull ups....Feel free to stop with that shit, Square. Nobody is having fun with those.

Edited by Cloudbahamut
  • Like 2

After doing it a half dozen times and getting frustrated I took a half hour break, turned the sound off and listened to some peaceful music while doing it.

Got it on my second attempt after that

The in game music and sounds didn't do any favors

3 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I am horrendous at mini games and always end up trying them many times before succeeding as I always mess up. The KH3 ones were frustrating enough... why are there always annoying mini game trophies in every jrpg, they ruin my day. 

Squeenix loves their mini games lol

40 minutes ago, Jaina34 said:

If anyone could help me using SharePlay, I'd be very grateful. Been stuck for 3 weeks now.. 

I mean I could try shareplay just couldn't guarantee it would work for time sensitive trophy like that. 
Last time I tried was for Crash Trilogy someone was struggling with time trials but it lagged so bad so I could try.

• 2 weeks later...

My best tip is that if you can't get it after 10 or 15 tries, go take a break. Go do some other shit for an hour. Leave the game paused or whatever. Go have a legit lunch or dinner. Come back and try again.

You won't be as tilted and a little more relaxed, it'll help you zone-in/out better, and you'll probably still have the muscle memory from your frustration earlier in the day.

This helps me in anything where I need to keep a rhythm of button presses (like fighting game trial missions) cause those don't come to me naturally.

• 3 weeks later...

Got 44-44. I'd rather do Lighting dodge than this.

On 28.6.2020 at 11:47 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

I am horrendous at mini games and always end up trying them many times before succeeding as I always mess up. The KH3 ones were frustrating enough... why are there always annoying mini game trophies in every jrpg, they ruin my day. 

Ikr. However seems that a good part of the fandom considers them genre staple and complain if a game misses them and opts for more combat related side content.

Edited by mecharobot
  • Like 1