Nintendo announced Zelda WW HD Wii U bundle

Lady Lilith

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/28/4667836/the-wind-waker-hd-wii-u-bundle-coming-sept-20

wiiu_lozwwhd_3dpkg_front_highres.0_cinem

The Wind Waker HD Wii U bundle coming Sept. 20

A limited edition Nintendo Wii U hardware bundle featuring The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will go on sale Sept. 20, Nintendo announced today.

The bundle will feature a black Deluxe Wii U console, a GamePad controller decorated with the Hyrule crest and symbols from the game in gold, a download code for The Wind Waker HD and a digital copy of Hyrule Historia, the compilation commemorating The Legend of Zelda series. The bundle will cost $299.99.

The download code for The Wind Waker HD can be used immediately upon receipt; the downloadable version of the game will launch the same day as the bundle on Sept. 20. The game will launch at retail on Oct. 4 for $49.99. GameStop will also sell the game packaged with an exclusive Ganondorf figurine for $54.99.

The hardware bundle was leaked earlier this month in a trailer showcasing The Wind Waker HD's new Hero Mode.

Update: According to a Nintendo representative, the Wind Waker bundle will not include Nintendo Land. Instead, customers can chose from either the Zelda-themed bundle or the Deluxe Bundle with Nintendo Land for $299.99.

Definitely sounds cool, makes me regret pulling the trigger on one a few months before this would be out.  Of course, I don't know if I'd even have a chance to order it, with my luck they'd be sold out by the time I get off work.  I mean, it's Zelda.  I think the OoT 3DS bundle was the same way.

It would be a lot cooler if they included a physical version of The Wind Waker with the system. There is only 32gb to use and with the updates you'll need there won't be hardly any room left. I'm also a little disappointed that only the gamepad has anything special about it, you'd think they would do something with the system too. 

Parker

It would be a lot cooler if they included a physical version of The Wind Waker with the system. There is only 32gb to use and with the updates you'll need there won't be hardly any room left. I'm also a little disappointed that only the gamepad has anything special about it, you'd think they would do something with the system too. 

Parker

I definitely agree about the lack of a physical copy over digital.  Not only does the Wii U only have 32GB of memory (I was under the impression that it could use SD cards, but I guess not), a bundled retail copy would save nightmares for people with shit connections...although a GCN remake can't be THAT big, can it? But yeah, I for one prefer physical copies whenever possible.  Case in point, I just got New Super Luigi U retail today instead of getting it digital months ago.

Also, to Nintendo, the gamepad IS the system.

Really considering cancelling my ps4 pre order to get this. 

I have around 300$ on it + the 60$ from my bf4 pre order... I don't know, though. Do I really want to get a wiiu just for one game? That's what I did with the 3ds...

I have around 300$ on it + the 60$ from my bf4 pre order... I don't know, though. Do I really want to get a wiiu just for one game? That's what I did with the 3ds...

This goes against everything I think, but you may be onto something.  This bundle will probably sell out super fast, and while the PS4 might be sold out at launch, at least you'll still be able to get one later at the same price.  With this, if it comes up for order later, it'll probably be more expensive.  You know, being a Zelda collectible and all.

I guess it really depends if you really want this bundle.  The Wii U price cut is permanent, so you can always pick one up later for $300...hell, it might be even cheaper after the PS4 comes out.  

Edited by Sonic

I can understand your temptation, but let's think about this first. Will this WiiU with only 32GB and a digital copy be of the same quality as a real next-gen, sexy PS4? I love the Wind Waker.......but I would rather be playing a PS4 this November.

This goes against everything I think, but you may be onto something.  This bundle will probably sell out super fast, and while the PS4 might be sold out at launch, at least you'll still be able to get one at the same price.  With this, if it comes up for order later, it'll probably be more expensive.  You know, being a Zelda collectible and all.

I guess it really depends if you really want this bundle.  The Wii U price cut is permanent, so you can always pick one up later for $300...hell, it might be even cheaper after the PS4 comes out.  

Yeah I can easily sell my Zelda 3ds for around 300$ since it's been used. Thing is, I really love Zelda. I don't want to get rid of it. I don't really find this gamepad that attractive. I might just wait until christmas or something.

Still, gotta love the Wind Waker decision though.

Zelda Fan 1: "I want a new game!!"

Zelda Fan 2: NO! Majora's Mask 3D!"

Nintendo: "Hey, I know! Let's remake Wind Waker!"

i'm honestly glad they did. There are 2 zelda games I have yet to play: Wind Waker and Majora's Mask.

With this, it'll only be Majora's Mask on my list of unplayed Zelda's. Must get around to beating Link's Awakening DX at some point.

As for the OT, a digital version of Hyrule Historia? Would've rather had the proper book in all it's lovely glory, but I guess including a digital version is a whole lot cheaper.

The Wind Waker is the best Zelda out there, in my opinion, followed by A Link to The Past. I've been watching some gameplay and it does look a lot better than the GameCube version, which already looked great but I thin they're hyping the "Hero" mode too much. It isn't a huge game changer and with no achievement system on Nintendo consoles I bet most people won't even bother with it. 

Parker

I'll have to pass on this as the console looks no different. GamePad looks decent, I'd probably get it if it was sold separately.

The Wind Waker is the best Zelda out there, in my opinion, followed by A Link to The Past. I've been watching some gameplay and it does look a lot better than the GameCube version, which already looked great but I thin they're hyping the "Hero" mode too much. It isn't a huge game changer and with no achievement system on Nintendo consoles I bet most people won't even bother with it. 

I'm yet the play a HD remake that adds anything gameplay wise outside Persona 4 Golden, so at least they're trying. Obviously the vast majority of gamers don't buy games based on Achievements/Trophies, so I'm sure it will do fine.

The exclusive Ganondorf statue is really tempting... but I still don't think there are enough Wii U games to justify the purchase at this stage.

On the other hand, as people have mentioned, I'm sure this will sell out super quickly, so I dunno.

Decisions, decisions...

Edited by FluffyAssassin64

How long ago was the original Wind Waker released? The running joke used to be Hollywood is running out of ideas for movies. Its starting to seem like Nintendo is running out of concepts for video games. I mean, what was their most recent successful franchise? I think it was Pikmin which debuted over a decade ago. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

System is overpriced by $200, especially since PS4 comes out in November.

I would consider this bundle if only the copy was physical, I don't mind a digital copy just a matter of preference.

I usually don't mind digital copies either, but I do when the storage space is a measly 32GB

I know it allows for external HDD hook ups but at $300 plus $50 or so for an external translates to: Get a PS4 until the price drops again.

Edited by rsoto1125

I usually don't mind digital copies either, but I do when the storage space is a measly 32GB

I know it allows for external HDD hook ups but at $300 plus $50 or so for an external translates to: Get a PS4 until the price drops again.

I'm not paying for a PS4 yet, at least not until a year or more. Same goes for the WiiU still since they will bring out a better one eventually.

I'm not paying for a PS4 yet, at least not until a year or more. Same goes for the WiiU still since they will bring out a better one eventually.

Oh same here. I have way too many PS3 titles to catch up on anyway.

Out of the two consoles (well 3 if you consider the Xbone as well) PS4 is pretty much the best choice right now, for hardcore gamers at least.

• 2 weeks later...