A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

Hey everyone, good to see you guys pumped about the ps5, i'll stick with my ps4 for now, still have 300+ games that i never even installed, so i'm good to go until a slim or pro version of the ps5 comes out. 

I was planning to play only horror games this month, but i'm only watching horror movies, i had to move and couldn't bring my games with me, only been playing digital games, i actually got into fighting games again thanks to this, mostly Street fighter that is a freebie for this month ps plus, or last month i don't remember, i'm playing it nonstop, i always played fighting games with a stick but for now i'm playing with a ps4 pad, it's hard but i'm putting some work online, got my 300th ranked win just now, almost on Diamond rank, just need to grind money and i'll get the platinum for street fighter v

I also finished a game for my pyramid, Batman Arkham Knight, i'll update it for now but i won't move to level five yet, i want to get the platinum for Batman and for Metro Last Light before that

So yeah, i'm looking forward to reading your impressions about the ps5 and next gen games :)

LEVEL ONE

Grim Fandango 

LEVEL TWO

Destroy All Humans 2

Knack 2

LEVEL THREE

Crash Bandicoot Warped

Metro Last Light 

Gravity Rush Remaster

LEVEL FOUR

Lords of the Fallen

Unravel

Dragon age Inquisition 
Batman Arkham Knight 

LEVEL FIVE

Resident Evil 6
Prey 

Mass effect Andromeda

Hollow Knight

Devil May Cry 4

• Like 3

Back with another update, I finished up the plat for "Call of Cthulhu" on my second tier yesterday. Since it's October and Halloween is rapidly approaching, I think I'll keep with the spooky season theme and keep playing games that match that vibe for me. "MediEvil" should fit the bill, I'm excited to play this game! I used to own the original on PS1 WAY back in the day like 20 years ago when I was like 9-10sih. I'm gonna start playing once I get off work, hoping they did the remake justice here. 

Spoiler

Level 1

Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning :platinum: (100%)

Level 2

Call of Cthulhu :platinum: (100%)

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)  

Level 3

MediEvil

GreedFall

Dragon's Crown (Vita)

Level 4

Far Cry 3: Classic Edition

Doom (16%)

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition 

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Vita) 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (There's 2 games in this collection so I'm counting them separately)

Level 5

Borderlands 3 (15%)

The Division 2 (14%)

Dishonored: Death of an Outsider

Yakuza 0 (45%) 

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Vita)

• Like 2

@Phantochi you can have that Ps5 swap whenever you get the Ps5  whether its next month or next year it dont matter the swap is yours :) also you are allowed one regular swap per pyramid regardless of ps5 or not :)

@Pray_4_the_End Im intrigued to know what medievil is like looks like a fun game the only experience i have had of sir daniel was in Playstation allstars battle royale lol. Would love to know your thoughts on it.

@hittheroadbucky just wondering are you still stuck on /burnt out on mafia 3 ??

@hittheroadbucky You can trade it out if you haven't used your one swap per pyramid ?? I remember getting burnt out on mafia 3 but i went back a few months later and really enjoyed the story after the break. so much so that i plan now on playing the dlc eventually (maybe in my next pyramid) and also want to get mafia 1 and 2 as well. They are more fan favourites than  3.

SO Another game of the list one day ahead of when i thought i would finish it. THis time it was Hitman blood money on ps3. NOt much to say. I enjoyed it as i did when i played the Ps4 version in  my last pyramid. Now i have finished HItman blood money For the second time i can finally play Hitman absolution although not straight away i need a little break from Hitman. As there are two PS5 games on this level of which i obviously can't play yet (come on hurry up :)) It leaves Max Payne 3 on the Ps3. Im not sure if im going to like this as for me Rockstar games are always hit and miss for me some like Red dead Redemption I LOVE. Then I got burnt on gaming as a whole  for a while thanks to La Niore of which i liked the story i just found it so drawn out and the gameplay was quite boring except maybe the interrogations. I mean i loved Red Dead 2 But fuck me did it really need to last as long as it did. I finished it played a few hours on online when it came out of which was soooo boring for an online experience. So yeah the short story is i feel a lot of Rockstar games are over hyped and yes im Including the whole of the Gta Series (shoots fired). Either way im going to love Max payne 3 or get bored/hate it :)

Here is my Updated list:

Here is my New Updated Pyramid:

LEVEL ONE

Tomb raider Legend (ps3)

LEVEL TWO

Assassins Creed Odyssey (PS4)

Resistance Fall of Man (PS3)

LEVEL THREE

Spyro 2 Riptos Rage (Ps4)

Hitman Blood Money (PS3)

Far Cry 5 DLC (Ps4)

LEVEL FOUR

Hitman Absolution (PS4)

Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5)

Watch Dogs Legion (PS5)
Max Payne 3 (PS3)

LEVEL FIVE

Marvel's Spiderman DLC (Ps4)
Assassins Creed (Ps3)

Fight Night Champion (Ps3)

Need For Speed Rivals (PS4)

Wipeout (psvita)

4 hours ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

@hittheroadbucky You can trade it out if you haven't used your one swap per pyramid ?? I remember getting burnt out on mafia 3 but i went back a few months later and really enjoyed the story after the break. so much so that i plan now on playing the dlc eventually (maybe in my next pyramid) and also want to get mafia 1 and 2 as well. They are more fan favourites than  3.

I think I’ll probably end up swapping Mad Max out for something else. With the sever closures making the play impossible I don’r really feel like starting it ? I don’t really know what to swap it to though ?

Level One

The Outer Worlds 

Level Two

The Last Guardian

Days Gone 

Level Three

Far Cry 5 

Prey

Far Cry 4

Level Four

Bioshock

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Darksiders 2

Mafia 3

Level Five

Watchdogs 2

The Last of Us

Deus Ex Mankind Divided 

Infamous Second Son

The Order 1886

Here is my updated pyramid. I restarted Far Cry 4 the other day (first started in 2016) so I’ve swapped Mad Max out for this in tier 3 ?

• Like 4

Level 1

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Level 2

Knack

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Level 3

Minecraft Dungeons

Detroit Become Human

One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows

Level 4

FFVIII

Kingdom Hearts 3

Dragon Quest Heroes 2

The Last of Us 2

Level 5

RDR2

Dragon Quest XI

Star Ocean: The Last Hope Remastered

Final Fantasy XV

Persona 5 Royal

Crossed FFVIII off my list now.  I'm working on getting the platinum for the whole series.  Not looking forward to 9 though, and especially the 1000 jump-rope trophy!  But as for the pyramid, I'm thinking of maybe finishing off DQ11, as I'm more than halfway done that one and I'd really like to start finishing off this pyramid so that I can make a new one!

• Like 2

Nice one @FFATMA The trouble is with your pyramid is that you have chosen so many LONG games lol :) hope you enjoy your next game you have chosen :) If you want any suggestions i would probably say Detriot become human is A good quickfire game only ten hours or so long.

Your up to Joint 3rd now !!

Edited by arsenal4life1471
  • Like 1

SO i have sat down and gone through entire event and made a list of all the games completed so far per Participant for anyone who is interested i will keep this up to date as and when people complete games:) its good to see how long people take between games etc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J5lyAcEtnO-7pLinQ1yaDwDYuU7460MTT0YuA3JhNDM/edit#gid=0

• Like 1

Well I have Played Through another game This time it was Max Payne 3 On ps3. This game definitely falls into the half of Rockstar's games I LOVE for sure. I just wish there were more Linears game's like this with a great story and fun game play. Definitely a great Ps3 game to try if you haven't already:) They really need to make a linear game again with a great story again for next gen but we all know there are only two franchise that Rockstar give a shit about. I feel Rockstar of the ps2/3 era are long gone now (fuck you Gta Online)

Incase anyone is wondering my Top 4 Rockstar games I have Played and love go like this:

1 Red dead Redemption 1

2 Bully

3 Max Payne 3

4 Red Dead 2

LEVEL ONE

Tomb raider Legend (ps3)

LEVEL TWO

LEVEL THREE

Hitman Blood Money (PS3)

Far Cry 5 DLC (Ps4)

LEVEL FOUR

Hitman Absolution (PS4)

Watch Dogs Legion (PS5)
Max Payne 3 (PS3)

LEVEL FIVE

Assassins Creed (Ps3)

Wipeout (psvita)

Next up for me will be FInishing of the Spiderman Dlc on ps4 of which i need to do the final episode so about 2 hours of gameplay so should get that done maybe tonight. That we would mean im up to date ready for Miles Morales on ps5! Im also working on Wipeout 2048 here and there when i have 5 mins or so to spare.

So Second Game To be Ticked off today :)

This time it was the Dlc For Spiderman Of which im glad i have finished ready for Miles Morales. Nothing much to say to be honest just more spiderman goodness lol :) 
In other news that brings up my 20th game Done in total in this event !!

LEVEL ONE

Tomb raider Legend (ps3)

LEVEL TWO

LEVEL THREE

Hitman Blood Money (PS3)

Far Cry 5 DLC (Ps4)

LEVEL FOUR

Hitman Absolution (PS4)

Watch Dogs Legion (PS5 I
Max Payne 3 (PS3)

LEVEL FIVE

Assassins Creed (Ps3)

Wipeout (psvita)

As i said Earlier today im Working On wipeout 2048 in the background But for my next main game for Ps4 i will either do Far cry 5 Dlc Or finish SPyro 2 As i share a Ps4 with my bro (as i do with all my consoles) I will also be working on a Ps3 game of which will probably be Assassins creed. I am about a third of the way through i think from an old playthrough before i got bored of it. Assassins creed 1 is so barebones compared to every other series but i would like to complete as i feel i should as i have played through all of the assassins creed games to date (apart from the Chronicles games). It would be nice to have played them all before I eventually get Valhalla for christmas. I also might playthrough Fight night champion as well to "let of some steam" aswell.

Edited by arsenal4life1471
  • Like 1

Completed Mad Max today, that makes it up to 8 games completed, so I am officially more than halfway with my pyramid :)) 

On 10/24/2020 at 1:59 PM, arsenal4life1471 said:

SO i have sat down and gone through entire event and made a list of all the games completed so far per Participant for anyone who is interested i will keep this up to date as and when people complete games:) its good to see how long people take between games etc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J5lyAcEtnO-7pLinQ1yaDwDYuU7460MTT0YuA3JhNDM/edit#gid=0

Very cool you have made this, I think you missed me completing Titan Souls on my list as well, maybe it's because I only did 1 update about completing 2 games

Mad Max is a great game I think, fun combat, but I do feel it's age a bit. I has a lot of everything and that's what I like about it, however I don't really think that it does any of the many things it has to perfection. It's like all the mechanics are just little away from being very good, and if all of them were a little better, I think this game would have hit right at home with me. I didn't care for the story, but I like the open world even though the map is a bit of a checklist with all those scavenging locations.

I'm glad I completed this before the server shutdown, I got the task done, that had to do with the online servers, and as of right now, I do not have the infamous 190/191 glitch. 

I think I will play this game a little on the side, and do those map objectives because they are quite relaxing and not so time consuming or dependent on being extremely focused. 

Below is the pyramid:

Twe77X0.png 

Next game is Deux Ex: Mankind Divided. Haven't really heard anything about this game at all. So this could be really hit or miss. After this game I will definitely be doing Salt and Sanctuary. I can also feel my progress getting faster, maybe because I am approaching the end of the pyramid. 

I think my next pyramid should have some shorter games, so it doesn't feel as daunting to begin them. But for now I am in a great place for this pyramid I think. Also it's nice to see that this thread is getting more active again! ^^

• Like 1

Nice one @MikkelEhlers Sorry i missed a game i did the spreadsheet all in one sitting (why? lol) so thats why i may have missed one game im sorry for that :) All updated now including Mad Max. Would say its a must buy or not. 

With your 8th game you are two clear in third with @lucky0ne16 in 2nd ahead by 3 games. (I'm way out in front lol.)

I like Open world games and just a bit hesitant as to buy it myself. I missed it when it was on Ps Plus ffs. Im glad your enjoying yourself.

I do Feel myself, the adrenaline rush of ticking of games helps me speed up especially towards the end :). Im trying to Hopefully finish my pyramid up unitl the Two Ps5 games are left before launch day (19th for me). Its going to be a close run thing. 

After that I will be on to my third Pyramid of which i will wait until After Xmas to start

When we tick over into 2021 i will start a new fresh leaderboard but keep the leaderboard at the moment as the all time one and another frozen at the end of 2020. (Look like i will win the 2020 one atm lol)

While im hear i have now finished spyro 2 (to a point i could go back and 100% one day)

LEVEL ONE

Tomb raider Legend (ps3)

LEVEL TWO

LEVEL THREE

Hitman Blood Money (PS3)

Far Cry 5 DLC (Ps4)

LEVEL FOUR

Hitman Absolution (PS4)

Watch Dogs Legion (PS5 I
Max Payne 3 (PS3)

LEVEL FIVE

Assassins Creed (Ps3)

Wipeout (psvita)

I've Done really well this week with 4 games of my list not bad i say. Now none of them have the plat but thats not what this event is for i just need to finish a playthrough Lol (Hence why its a casual one)

21 games and counting

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

Nice one @MikkelEhlers Sorry i missed a game i did the spreadsheet all in one sitting (why? lol) so thats why i may have missed one game im sorry for that :) All updated now including Mad Max. Would say its a must buy or not. 

With your 8th game you are two clear in third with @lucky0ne16 in 2nd ahead by 3 games. (I'm way out in front lol.)

I like Open world games and just a bit hesitant as to buy it myself. I missed it when it was on Ps Plus ffs. Im glad your enjoying yourself.

I wouldn't say it is a must buy, there are definitely better open world games. But it is really unique. I like the progression of upgrading your car and traversing the world in the car, but still doing many things on foot like the camps. It is pretty easy and there aren't any difficulty options, but I personally don't mind that. Only that the bosses are all quite similar and not very creative.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that if you think it sounds inviting, the mix og car combat, racing, Arkham-like ground combat, then you should consider buying if it's on a good sale. I got it through plus, so I definitely got my moneys worth. There is a lot of content, and the story did not get repetitive at all. It is also funny sometimes. I'm not really sure if I had to give it a score, but I definitely don't regret the time playing it although for me I think it has been the weakest game on my pyramid (not because it is bad at all, but because I thought the other games were so good)

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I would like to join if I’m able to. I’ve tried community events in the past and I drop out because the competition stresses me out and I end up playing things I don’t want to. This seems right up my alley.

edit: also quick question, I know the intention is to work on the pyramid and not touch anything else. Does this include multiplayer games? For example, most nights I’ll jump into games with friends such as Dead by Daylight, Fall Guys, Rogue Company, Rocket Arena etc. I don’t really consider these as part of my backlog, just don’t want to get penalized for playing something out of my pyramid. Does that make sense?

Here is my first pyramid.

LEVEL ONE

Ikenfell (PS4)

LEVEL TWO

Need for Speed Rivals (PS4)

Yakuza 5 (PS4)

LEVEL THREE

Greedfall (PS4)

Dragon Age Inquisition (PS4)

Mafia (PS4)

LEVEL FOUR
Wreckfest (PS4)

Injustice 2 (PS4)

Outerwilds (PS4)

Outerworlds (PS4)

LEVEL FIVE

Trine (PS4)

Psychonauts (PS4)

Dark souls Remastered (PS4)

Kingdom Come Deliverence (PS4)

Prey (PS4)

Edited by Slugger_VII
  • Like 3

Hi @Slugger_VII this is a Casual event there is a leaderboard for those who do like a little competition but that don't matter at all take it at you own pace. You do what you want play what you want when you want it doesn't matter if its on the pyramid or not :). I mean why would anyone penalize someone for playing a game not in the event smh.

Just to recap You can tick off a game if you do one playthrough it doesnt matter if you get the platinum or not just one playthrough needed for example playing a call of duty on recruit counts as a game completed in this event however you can plat the game if you like before ticking it off.

I hope this helps you and I look forward to hearing your updates any more questions please feel free to ask :)

Btw You are allowed one swap per pyramid and one PS5 Swap whenever you get a ps5 launch or not :)

• Like 1

@arsenal4life1471 thank you for the clarification. I was under the understanding that we should avoid games not on the pyramid. I’m still going to do my best to stay within the pyramid. As my life responsibilities have grown I have had less time to go for platinums so this will be a fun way to clear the backlog and work towards something. 

I will definitely be using that PS5 swap here in a few weeks. I’m going to start the new era with Miles morales but I wasn’t sure how far I would make it in the pyramid before the new system launches. Cheers and thanks for running this event!