A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

Another quick update, just wrapped up The Nonary Games 999 on Vita here at work while I was on break. Like I was saying in my last update, I had been chipping away at this for about a week now and I must say what a great little Visual Novel/Escape Room game, I'm no where near done with it though. There's quite a few different ending you can trigger depending on your choices and what not so I'm definitely gonna see all these endings through before moving onto the sequel on my Lvl 5. I ordered the 3rd game of the trilogy (Zero Time Dilemma) a couple of days ago and it should be arriving some time this week so I can add that to the backlog as well. Those little PS Vita cases are soo damn cute and they look good sitting with my PS4/PS5 library so I'm gonna continue to buy them till they eventually become too ridiculously overpriced lol. 

Spoiler

Level 1

Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning :platinum: (100%)

Level 2

Call of Cthulhu :platinum: (100%)

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)  

Level 3

MediEvil :platinum: (100%)

GreedFall

Dragon's Crown (Vita)

Level 4

Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5) :platinum: (100%)

Far Cry 3: Classic Edition

Doom (16%)

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Vita) 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (There's 2 games in this collection so I'm counting them separately) (28%)

Level 5

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS5) (47%)

Borderlands 3 (15%)

The Division 2 (14%)

Dishonored: Death of an Outsider

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Vita) (28%)

Edited by Pray_4_the_End

@arsenal4life1471 they just feel really clunky in comparison to other releases. The whole thing with AC games is for some reason you’re a parkour legend, but Eivor just hangs in strange places and doesn’t climb where you want him to most of the time. The artefacts where you have to chase pages across a little rooftop obstacle course are usually a nightmare because of that ?

@Pray_4_the_End I’ve been completing everything so far but it’s slow going ? I’m only maybe a third of the way in and I’m already so excited to be done with the game forever 

• Like 1

@Kishnabe COngrats! thats your first points on the bored :) whats next for you ?? if i was to suggest a game it would be resistance burning skies. The game is nothing special but the platinum is easy however for the one Multiplayer trophy you need to fork out some money for the net work pass (I did it just for the platinum lol #noregrets lol)

@HummelsSmythe I might play that next im currently playing days gone atm while i take a break after completing my last pyramid a few days ago.

@Pray_4_the_End Its a shame that they decided to make valhalla just as bloated as odyssey however i liked odyssey minus the bloat so will ask for it for christmas :)

@hittheroadbucky It really annoys me how since they revamped the games with origins, they seem to be regressing more and more with the parkour thats one of the things that got me into ac games

@Pray_4_the_End Nice one completing another game :) what game are you going to be playing next??

40 minutes ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

I might play that next im currently playing days gone atm while i take a break after completing my last pyramid a few days ago.

It's super chill! I enjoy it especially after a long day at the office when I don't have the strength to play intensely but I still miss my PS5 haha

• Like 1

Last night I beat Yakuza 5! The ending made me a tad emotional and I felt silly but then I realized I’ve probably spent 300-350 hours with these characters since I started Yakuza 0 a few years ago and have worked my way through the series. I’m really excited to play Yakuza 6 and see how they wrap up Kiryus story. If you guys haven’t played a Yakuza game I highly recommend 0. I went from knowing nothing about it, to it being my favorite series in gaming. 

As for what I’m going to work on next... I have absolutely no clue. Since I got my PS5 I have been bouncing between working on AC Valhalla and playing these pyramid games. I don’t know if I’m going to continue that trend or put a hiatus on this pyramid until I get through assassins creed. That’s one of my big problems with my backlog being so big, I almost have TOO much to choose from and it makes it tough for me to stick with one game because I feel like I’m missing out on other experiences.  Major first world problem for sure

LEVEL ONE

Ikenfell (PS4) :platinum:

LEVEL TWO

Need for Speed Rivals (PS4) :gold:

Yakuza 5 (PS4) :gold: (Beat Dec 4 2020)

LEVEL THREE

Greedfall (PS4)

Astro Bot (PS5) *PS5 Swap* :platinum:

Mafia (PS4)

LEVEL FOUR
Wreckfest (PS4)

Injustice 2 (PS4)

Spiderman: MM (PS5) :platinum:(Beat/Plat Nov 16)

Outerworlds (PS4)

LEVEL FIVE

Trine (PS4)

Psychonauts (PS4)

Dark souls Remastered (PS4)

Kingdom Come Deliverence (PS4)

Prey (PS4)

Edited by Slugger_VII
  • Like 1

@Slugger_VII back to the top you go in the leaderboard congrats:) I must say i've only played one yakuza game and that was yakuza kiwami which was free a couple of years ago on plus and actually quite enjoyed it to my suprise the characters and story was great i might have to dabble into the series again in the future or maybe when they give kiwami 2 for free lol. It is hard juggling the pyramid and other games you may want to play :). Im making the most of not having a pyramid at the moment and playing whatever i like that is until christmas when i hopefully will have a stack more games to add to my backlog thanks to christmas presents ! :)
Anyway well done again and it i was suggest a game for you to play next it would probably maybe Wreckfest a good game to let of steam on :) anyway look forward to hearing from you again soon.

how far into valhalla are you??

@arsenal4life1471 Wreckfest actually seems like the perfect game to play when I need a break from Valhalla, that’s a good suggestion. Then I won’t have to worry about juggling two games which are similar and story heavy. I’m about 25-30 hours into AC so far and I’m liking it a lot. There is a lot of stuff to do and at this point I’m still having fun running around clearing the map and doing the main story.

If you haven’t played it yet, each region on the map has its own mini story that’s contained to that region. There are some really good story beats in those that I have really enjoyed. The entire experience so far is vastly better than origins/odyssey in my opinion 

Completed Bugsnax yesterday! Also, because this wasn't a part of the challenge before, I'm gonna add the platinum for the games I earned the platinum for beyond completing it!

Level 1

Final Fantasy XII

Level 2

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Trials of Mana :platinum:

Level 3

Jak II (PS4) :platinum:

Final Fantasy VIII

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS4)

Level 4

Jak 3 (PS4)

Final Fantasy X-2

Far Cry 3

Medievil

Level 5

Dragon Quest XI

Bayonetta

Fallout 4

Bugsnax (PS5 Swap) :platinum:

The Last Of Us Remastered

• Like 1

Okay so I've been working on this. Just had to find some candidates for level 5.

Also do you want us to update the leaderboard when we complete a game or do you handle that? Thanks again. 

LEVEL ONE

Marvel's Spider-man: Miles Morales(PS4)

LEVEL TWO

Aerea (ps4)

Lego Ninjago: Nindroids  (vita)

LEVEL THREE

The Amazing Spiderman (Ps3)

Sly 2 (vita)

Nexomon Extinction (ps4)

LEVEL FOUR

8 to Glory (ps4)

Race with Ryan (Ps4)

LEGO® MARVEL Super Heroes 2 (ps4)

Invizimals™: The Lost Kingdom (ps3)

LEVEL FIVE

Katamari: Reroll (ps4)

Sly 1 (ps3)

Dark Cloud 2 (ps4)

Curious Expedition (ps4)

Spider: Rite of Shrouded Moon (vita) 

• Like 1

HI @KunoGuy

Its great for you to join in in this event :) No you don't need to update the leaderboard i take care of that all i ask is for you to follow this page if you haven't already and to make sure you update when you complete a game on here in a new post. You can also have one swap per pyramid and one ps5 swap whenever you get a ps5( no time limit). Any more questions please feel free to ask?

May i say great choice for level one :)

I look forward to seeing how your journey unfolds.
the leaderboard is at this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G6-CwGV7uY7hsjZDKrp-YMy4qtXEr_l8HhjmRYCIs5g/edit#gid=0

and everyone's roadmap/list of complete games is here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J5lyAcEtnO-7pLinQ1yaDwDYuU7460MTT0YuA3JhNDM/edit#gid=0

ENjoy!

• Like 1

Happy Cyberpunk Day Everybody.

1/1 swap: Farming Simulator for Tony Hawk 1+2

It's been a while since my last update I was getting a few unsolicited messages from random weirdos.

Since my last update I've completed 6 games from my pyramid with 2 being after 15th november.  journey and heavy rain were surprisingly good and very different to what i would normally play.

I've just begun playing Death Stranding and im looking foward to finding out for myself whether Kojima is a brilliant genius or a crazed madman at this point a couple hours in it could go either way.

Level 1
1.1 - Spider-Man

Level 2
2.1 - Journey
2.2 - Tonh Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 Remake

Level 3
3.1 - Lego Ninjago: Movie VideoGame
3.2 - Lego Marvel Avenger
3.3 - Danganronpa 2

Level 4
4.1 - COD: Modern Warfare Remastered
4.2 - Infamous: Second Son

4.3 - South Part: The Stick of Truth
4.4 - Sniper Elite 4

Level 5
5.1 - DeathStranding
5.2 - Tomb Raider: Shadow of the Tomb Rader
5.3 - Heavy Rain
5.4 - Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain
5.5 - Cyberpunk 2077

• Like 2

@MICSAM89 Its great to see you again and its good to see you have made some good progress since your last post. if you haven't seen already i have made a road map of everyone's completed game journey/list thingy at this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J5lyAcEtnO-7pLinQ1yaDwDYuU7460MTT0YuA3JhNDM/edit#gid=0

With those two games after 15th Nov enters you into the leaderboard at 6th

Looking forward to seeing more from everyone as we get to the christmas period with extra free time on everyone's hands at christmas :)

44 minutes ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

Looking forward to seeing more from everyone as we get to the christmas period with extra free time on everyone's hands at christmas :)

Lol, what is this "extra free time" you're speaking of?  I even work on christmas day!  My wife gets a few weeks off though, but she only plays stuff like Fall Guys and Star Wars Battlefronts 2 on PS4.  

On 7.05.2020 at 3:42 PM, arsenal4life1471 said:

Hey Everyone,

This is a Backlog Event/Contest/Forum for people who don't mind not platinuming (is that even a word) / 100%ing  games just want to try and get through  the single player mode be it a story mode or other single player modes for example from campaign in a call of duty to a play through of skyrim. This may help people start games that they do eventually want to platinum but just need to take it in small steps as normally starting games can be the hardest thing and once you've done a play through you may want to start another playthrough ot clear up the trophies hopefully. Yes you might be thinking whats the point if your not going to platinum the game this is for more casual players and there is not another backlog event to cater towards them as most if not all on here are aimed at going for 100%/platinum.

so what do we do?

In this event you will be doing a pyramid/tree see how far down you can go. The amount of levels but must be  5 levels see my example below. There is no need to platinum games just play through once so for example a play through of uncharted 4 on explorer mode will do and you can then check that of the list 

How do I sign up?

No need to "sign up" just post saying your list and away you go. THE ONE THING YOU HAVE TO DO IS> you must keep the updates when completing a playthrough. also follow the page would be great aswell

Rules 

1.You start from the top and work you way down the pyramid meaning you have to complete a level one game first before moving on the level 2.  For example being game  if your level  1 game was red dead 2  you must play through red dead 2 before choosing a game in level 2.

2. Each level the choice gets greater so level 1 will have one game 2nd level will have to etc. so in the first level make sure its a game you really want to playthrough to start of with. For example im starting with Spiderman on Ps4 as thats my most anticipated game to start for example.

3. You can move on to the next level if you like once you have completed one game on the level above. so once you have done a level 2 game you can move on to level 3 or you can complete both level 2 games then move on to level 3.

4, You may only play two games at once in some circumstances such as a really long 60 hour plus game like red dead 2 as level one or  if you are completing say a level 5 game you can go back and start a level 2 game to help you complete the pyramid

5. You may only start a new pyramid once you have completed the one you are on meaning all games must have a playthrough.

6. I will be checking your trophies to see if you are telling the truth. i expect to see a trophy for completing the game even if its only on easy or the equivalent mode.

7. Suggested format below but if you can make a cooler looking pyramid please do.

ONE SWAP ALLOWED PER PYRAMID !!

ALSO ONE PS5 SWAP ALLOWED IF YOU HAVE/WHEN YOU GET THE PS5

As of the 15TH November 2020 I will Doing a New Leaderboard Running through to 31st December 2021 The winner wins a PSN Voucher worth £/$10.

The Leaderboard scoring system will be like this

1 point per ticked/crossed off game (complete one playthrough of the game For example playing through Miles Morales once)

2 points per platinum (optional to platinum the games (I know some people go beyond just a playthrough so you can now gain two extra points on top of the 1 point)

3 points per completed pyramid (Only for Pyramids that have been started in between 15th November 2020 (today) and 31st December 2021 However you can earn points for completed/platinumed games on already started pyramids for example pyramids started in 2020)

10 Points per Completed Pyramid with all games Platinumed (non-Platinum games don't count but you must say if you PLatinum no need to get 100 %of the trophies and I will be checking lol) (same as above Only for Pyramids that have been started in between 15th november 2020 (today) and 31st December 2021 However you can earn points for completed/platinumed games on already started pyramids for example pyramids started in before 15th Novmeber 2020

NO 30min PLatinums allowed!!

Any questions please ask:)

NOTE: if you have HD trilogys/collection or or bundles they count as seperate games for example the Spyro Reignited trilogy on PS4 would count as 3 games not one. so you can either put the 3 on different levels or just put one game in i.e Spypo Riptos rage on one level Spyro 1 on another etc. or just have one game and save the others for another pyramid.

NOTE: Dlc can count as a game but must be story based or the equivalent. and example of this would be freedom cry dlc for assassins creed black flag

EXAMPLE CLICK SPOILER BELOW:

Reveal hidden contents

Green = currently playing

GAME = playthrough completed

Game = PLatinumed (100% not needed and games and only for games with platinums)

LEVEL ONE

Marvel Spider-man (PS4)

LEVEL TWO

A way out (ps4)

Star wars Force Unleashed (Ps3)

LEVEL THREE

Jak and daxter Hd Trilogy The Precursor legacy  (ps3)

The Saboteur (ps3)

Lego Star wars 3 Clone wars (ps3)

LEVEL FOUR
Infamous (ps3)

Hitman Blood Money (Ps3)

Unravel (ps4)

Battlefield 4 (ps4)

LEVEL FIVE

Yakuza Kiwami (ps4)

Sleeping Dogs (ps3)

Borderlands 2 (ps3)

gravity rush (ps vita)

Unravel 2 (ps4) 

£/$10 Psn Voucher Leaderboard (15th November- 31st December 2021)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G6-CwGV7uY7hsjZDKrp-YMy4qtXEr_l8HhjmRYCIs5g/edit?usp=sharing

Everyone's Progress list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J5lyAcEtnO-7pLinQ1yaDwDYuU7460MTT0YuA3JhNDM/edit#gid=0

PARTICIPANTS :

Dang it, I cleaned my backlog in 2017/18, now it's just one game and two that I currently play lol

LEVEL ONE

Dragon Quest XI(PS4)

LEVEL TWO

Robotics;Notes Elite(PS4)

Cyberpunk 2077(PS4)

LEVEL THREE

Yakuza 0(PS4)

Spirit Hunter NG(PS4)

Steins Gate 0(PS4)

LEVEL FOUR

Final Fantasy VII Remake(PS4)

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice(PS4)