Weekly deal; Gold or Complete edition?

Golem25

Gold is 15 Euros, Complete is 17.50.

Is 15 a good price for the game and all its DLC? And is the extra 2.50 to get the Complete edition worth it for the extra content, or is it just some useless 'premium' items that get added? All it seems to include extra is the, uh, 'black market bundle'?

31 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Looks like the Complete bundle comes with actual expansions while the slightly cheaper one is just cosmetic stuff.

Wrong. VERY wrong.

It's the other way around.

Complete Ed only has a few extra cosmetics.

@Golem25

I'm thinking about buying Gold. It includes all relevant DLC. No need to spend extra money for stuff that I'll probably not even try.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Wrong. VERY wrong.

It's the other way around.

Complete Ed only has a few extra cosmetics.

I am wrong but the fact you're saying that the situation is opposite of what I initially said is also VERY wrong. This misunderstanding is largely in part due to how Sony/Square have the store descriptions setup. They for whatever reason listed out the individual expansions for one while just saying a pass came for the other. They both come with all the expansions. I believed only one of them came with the expansions, so the opposite of what I believed isn't true either. For either bundle you get the extra missions/stages/whatever they are but only with complete will you get the extra guns which may or may not be useful in the game.

- Just Cause 4
- Black Market Bundle (Access to all Black Market/Premium Content)
- Dare Devils of Destruction Expansion
- Los Demonios Expansion
- Danger Rising Expansion
- Skystriker Weaponized Wingsuit
- Black Hand Stealth Micro Jet

Source: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA09254_00-JC4COMPLETENEW00

- Just Cause 4
- The Expansion Pass
- Golden Gear Pack
- ‘Skystriker’ Weaponized Wingsuit
- Black Hand Stealth Micro Jet
- Neon Racer Pack
- Deathstalker Scorpion Pack
- Renegade Pack

Source: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA09254_00-JC4GOLDNEW000000

Just now, kidson2004 said:

So is it worth buying lol? 

Well, 2 was an amazing game for its time but made by different devs, and 3 was complete crock of shit made by the same morons who were in charge of 4. However, the price is decent and the Trophy set as a whole has a nice rarity percentage compared to its length and difficulty (not sure about how tough the DLC is, but I have to say those expansions sound dreadful). From a pure Trophy hunting perspective, my heart says yes, but my brain says no given what I know about Avalanche New York.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golem25 said:

Well, 2 was an amazing game for its time but made by different devs, and 3 was complete crock of shit made by the same morons who were in charge of 4. However, the price is decent and the Trophy set as a whole has a nice rarity percentage compared to its length and difficulty (not sure about how tough the DLC is, but I have to say those expansions sound dreadful). From a pure Trophy hunting perspective, my heart says yes, but my brain says no given what I know about Avalanche New York.

Gotcha. Pulled the trigger on it. Worst case is it’ll be a freebie on plus this year lol. Speaking of which, I need to go back to finishing JC2, start JC3 (and DLC) then I’ll get to JC4. Guess I know 3 plats in the pipeline on my road to 100 :platinum:’s!!!

Edited by kidson2004
  • Like 1

Both editions come with the Expansion pass. It's more logical that the Complete Edition comes with more, both by name and price. Gold editions tend to be inferior.

4 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

So is it worth buying lol? 

The bundle has been worth buying even before it went on this sale (again). It's literally a full AAA game plus three entirely separate DLC packs, some of which the fandom argue is the best the series ever had and elevates JC4 much beyond the quality it was at launch, for $15.00-17.00.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

Well, I have 100% on this game and while the main campaign wasn't hard and they.made those awful wing suit challenges way easier, it's still a tremendous slog. I had more fun in 3 blowing stuff up than I did in 4, something is just different.

The dlc is beyond annoying. The first one has way too many annoying flying enemies that never stop shooting and the objectives are too long. 

The driving one is probably the easiest, but it still sucks going for the high scores. 

The hoverboard one has some timed races that can be a challenge but aren't too bad. The trophy for killing ten enemies while on a hoverboard is the worst. You gotta try and snipe the enemies from far away but due to being on a hoverboard, you have very limited ammo. I had zero fun doing that trophy.

Edited by yowzagabowza
  • Like 2

Complete Edition includes what Gold Edition includes plus few useless DLC. If you just want 100%, just saving couple bucks to get Gold Edition. I got physical Gold Edition for $19.99. $14.99 is fine price, not super cheap, but if you like the series might worth a shot.

4 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

STFU.

Better be quiet if you're gonna spread misinformation.

If you had put the work on your first reply that you put on replying to me you wouldn't have to be polishing your turd of an answer with idiotic considerations.

People get upset with how I post but at least I post useful information, your're just a toxic douche.

• Like 2

Right now I'm playing this game as a PS Now Subscriber. The game's graphics are more than awful. The story is not worth following.

But in this game, you do actions that even super heroes like Spider-Man and Batman don't do, and some of them are cool. Hijacking a helicopter in the middle of the air is one of those cool things.

For those who buy games based on the amount of fun they receive, I definitely suggest watching some of the gameplay very well.

On 5/17/2020 at 0:50 PM, EcoShifter said:

Both editions come with the Expansion pass. It's more logical that the Complete Edition comes with more, both by name and price. Gold editions tend to be inferior.

The bundle has been worth buying even before it went on this sale (again). It's literally a full AAA game plus three entirely separate DLC packs, some of which the fandom argue is the best the series ever had and elevates JC4 much beyond the quality it was at launch, for $15.00-17.00.

Lol! High praise for a game that has been universally reviewed as a huge stink bomb.

I don't think most people would say this game is worth $17 or even $9.99. DLC or not.

If you are desperate for a cheap game, go for it, but even that new lego ninjago game is probably worth your time more than this game, and it's free right now.

On 5/17/2020 at 0:58 PM, yowzagabowza said:

Well, I have 100% on this game and while the main campaign wasn't hard and they.made those awful wing suit challenges way easier, it's still a tremendous slog. I had more fun in 3 blowing stuff up than I did in 4, something is just different.

The dlc is beyond annoying. The first one has way too many annoying flying enemies that never stop shooting and the objectives are too long. 

The driving one is probably the easiest, but it still sucks going for the high scores. 

The hoverboard one has some timed races that can be a challenge but aren't too bad. The trophy for killing ten enemies while on a hoverboard is the worst. You gotta try and snipe the enemies from far away but due to being on a hoverboard, you have very limited ammo. I had zero fun doing that trophy.

totally agree with this. 4 was easier but it felt like it was a lowbudget cheap game. 2 and 3 had alot more explosions which is what i loved about just cause. many people hate 3, but its prob because they cant finish it lol. 4 is a shit game, but if its on sale for cheap its worth playing to kill time. its tolerable but dont expect anything great out of it. as far as the dlc i skipped it because the main game was such shit i couldnt take anymore of it. so i would assume the dlc sucks just as bad. but again its still tolerable shit. a pretty easy plat as well.

1 hour ago, Jables_The_Hutt said:

Lol! High praise for a game that has been universally reviewed as a huge stink bomb.

I don't think most people would say this game is worth $17 or even $9.99. DLC or not.

If you are desperate for a cheap game, go for it, but even that new lego ninjago game is probably worth your time more than this game, and it's free right now.

Reviews are completely irrelevant. That is when the game was full price and had no DLC and multiple patches that improved the game.

The game is now at a price lower than higher and moderate budget indie games and the original price of its downloadable expansion pass solely by itself, and that's with the expansion pass included in it as a bundle. $17 is most definitely worth it for the game and its expansion pass. 

It definitely isn't.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 10:57 AM, Golem25 said:

Gold is 15 Euros, Complete is 17.50.

Is 15 a good price for the game and all its DLC? And is the extra 2.50 to get the Complete edition worth it for the extra content, or is it just some useless 'premium' items that get added? All it seems to include extra is the, uh, 'black market bundle'?

Whatever you pay for this mess is too much money. Just cause 3 was janky but playable, 4 is a miserable slog

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What I love about Just Cause is driving all sorts of cool vehicles and blowing shit up, I couldn’t care less about the story (mainly because I know it’ll be bland). What I like the most about JC4 over its predecessor is the much more stable performance. My God I’d get frame rate drops all the damn time on JC3 and it drove me nuts - even though I had a lot of fun with the game! All that being said, I am very happy with JC4. Didn’t like the Los Demonios DLC, Daredevils of Destruction is okay, and Danger Rising is good. 

33 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

What I love about Just Cause is driving all sorts of cool vehicles and blowing shit up, I couldn’t care less about the story (mainly because I know it’ll be bland). What I like the most about JC4 over its predecessor is the much more stable performance. My God I’d get frame rate drops all the damn time on JC3 and it drove me nuts - even though I had a lot of fun with the game! All that being said, I am very happy with JC4. Didn’t like the Los Demonios DLC, Daredevils of Destruction is okay, and Danger Rising is good. 

A pretty spot on explanation of the game IMO. It wasn’t a great game but wasn’t awful for £14.99 for the complete edition. Dlc was meh and the 100s of challenges got tedious.

But you know what you are getting with JC4. You can’t take it too seriously. It’s just fun to log on and destroy everything for a few hours