The Witcher III: Wild Hunt FULL Platinum Trophy Guide

HOLY POTATOES! WHAT THE HELL?! This will come in soo handy. Maybe, juust maybe I can finally have the courage to really finish this game. xD Thank you.

42 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

Wow finally congrats mate! .. just in time for TLoUII ! :yay:

I know mate! It would have been 2 days earlier but Netflix wanted to copyright claim me lmao... Had to reupload 29gb of footage on AUSSIE NET.
YIKES.

38 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

HOLY POTATOES! WHAT THE HELL?! This will come in soo handy. Maybe, juust maybe I can finally have the courage to really finish this game. xD Thank you.

I am hoping I did it justice and it helps! :D

Ive only watched a bit, but great work on this m8, very nicely done how its edited, well done.

As someone else who knows how much work these things are, although a few things have been tweaked, your routing is VERY VERY similar to my platinum speed guide here made years ago https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/699808-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/faqs/73988?page=0#Build, I watched your first 10 minutes where the routing is identical

If you used my guide as a foundation and as a reference while creating this, would be nice to get a mention somewhere, in the description as least.

Just from one guide author to another, if mine was used, you can understand its nice to be credited.

Back to your vid, theway you have edited the video is pretty awesome m8, really well done.

If I do videotise mine this year and add more for 100% trophies goty, ive got some stiff competition definitely ;)

Btw, to get 3 x decoys in 1st inn, you just save and reload. Thats how you get them to appear there again, I only realised recently after revisiting.

And on GOTY, you can start a fresh NG+ with 20000g, 44 ability points, tonnes of gear and at level 34. Not great for all as makes you a but OP, but definitely a good option to aid in a quick plat xD

EDIT:

Can I ask what Netlfix wanted to copyright you on??? Thats mega annoying

Edited by Optinooby

46 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Ive only watched a bit, but great work on this m8, very nicely done how its edited, well done.

As someone else who knows how much work these things are, although a few things have been tweaked, your routing is VERY VERY similar to my platinum speed guide here made years ago https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/699808-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/faqs/73988?page=0#Build, I watched your first 10 minutes where the routing is identical

If you used my guide as a foundation and as a reference while creating this, would be nice to get a mention somewhere, in the description as least.

Just from one guide author to another, if mine was used, you can understand its nice to be credited.

Back to your vid, theway you have edited the video is pretty awesome m8, really well done.

If I do videotise mine this year and add more for 100% trophies goty, ive got some stiff competition definitely ;)

Btw, to get 3 x decoys in 1st inn, you just save and reload. Thats how you get them to appear there again, I only realised recently after revisiting.

And on GOTY, you can start a fresh NG+ with 20000g, 44 ability points, tonnes of gear and at level 34. Not great for all as makes you a but OP, but definitely a good option to aid in a quick plat xD

EDIT:

Can I ask what Netlfix wanted to copyright you on??? Thats mega annoying

Hey mate are you Optimusmart? 

I did credit in the description (forgot to link guide but can fix when home) but huge thanks for your guide mate it helped create majority of this in a video format. (Challenge trying to do it justice and not sure if I even achieved that.)

I did a silly edit with Butcher of Blaviken scene from the Netflix series, so had to re render and then re upload the whole thing which is RIP on Aussie net 

Again huge thanks for your work and effort it made this that much easier to do, would have easily tacked on 3+ months on the already month it took, thank you!

47 minutes ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

Hey mate are you Optimusmart? 

I did credit in the description (forgot to link guide but can fix when home) but huge thanks for your guide mate it helped create majority of this in a video format. (Challenge trying to do it justice and not sure if I even achieved that.)

I did a silly edit with Butcher of Blaviken scene from the Netflix series, so had to re render and then re upload the whole thing which is RIP on Aussie net 

Again huge thanks for your work and effort it made this that much easier to do, would have easily tacked on 3+ months on the already month it took, thank you!

Yes m8, this is my main and what I go by really now.

I didn't see any mention in your description or a link to the text guide, which is why I bought it up, felt like a bit of a kick in the nuts ;)! But glad to hear you will add it when you get chance, i'd appreciate if you use 'Optinoob' instead of 'Optimusmart' m8 if you dont mind ;)

You definitely did it justice, the editing on it is epic and im all in for trying to format these huge platinum walkthroughs into a more efficient video time like you have. The overlays you do like the cards popping in and stuff is wicked honestly, good work!!

Copyrights are pita!!

My original guide has many typos anyway, I got compass points mixed up a lot in it and I have no idea how xD. And one big early mistake ive noticed is those decoy cards, you must save/reload for more to appear, obviously I didnt have the experience to realise at the time and just they appeared anyway.

You have made it so much better than my guide Bushido!!

Its good you have done the Platinum only, as it leaves space for mine GOTY 100% trophy run that im slowly working on, best of both worlds ;). There is no way my editing will be as good as yours though!

Also, what I will do when I get on Laptop for a minute is i'll add your video to the start of my Gamefaqs and Playstation trophies Witcher 3 plat speed guide if you dont mind?? Then it gives players the options to use the text guide, or your video guide with same result!

Edited by Optinooby

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Yes m8, this is my main and what I go by really now.

I didn't see any mention in your description or a link to the text guide, which is why I bought it up, felt like a bit of a kick in the nuts ;)! But glad to hear you will add it when you get chance, i'd appreciate if you use 'Optinoob' instead of 'Optimusmart' m8 if you dont mind ;)

You definitely did it justice, the editing on it is epic and im all in for trying to format these huge platinum walkthroughs into a more efficient video time like you have. The overlays you do like the cards popping in and stuff is wicked honestly, good work!!

Copyrights are pita!!

My original guide has many typos anyway, I got compass points mixed up a lot in it and I have no idea how xD. And one big early mistake ive noticed is those decoy cards, you must save/reload for more to appear, obviously I didnt have the experience to realise at the time and just they appeared anyway.

You have made it so much better than my guide Bushido!!

Its good you have done the Platinum only, as it leaves space for mine GOTY 100% trophy run that im slowly working on, best of both worlds ;). There is no way my editing will be as good as yours though!

Also, what I will do when I get on Laptop for a minute is i'll add your video to the start of my Gamefaqs and Playstation trophies Witcher 3 plat speed guide if you dont mind?? Then it gives players the options to use the text guide, or your video guide with same result!

I'd love that mate! I need to edit it again then and use your preferred name! 

Ya it took awhile to edit the cards like that etc, my PC looks like a scattered mess atm but I can finally delete the source files.

I try to get better at editing slowly and slowly, but it's all self taught so it could always be improved since I have no idea what I'm doing :/ 
I'll do the DLC in separate videos if the demand is high enough especially since they will be a breeze compared to this especially since the trophies in them are so simplistic! 
I appreciate the feedback I was hoping I did it justice and wasn't skipping vital parts etc

I did notice you got east and west mixed up so took a few tries of reloading check point and figuring out what was meant instead haha but that stuff happens, I am sure when people watch mine more (If they do) they'll find mistakes hopefully not as I did go through the video twice to watch for any mistakes but it is 6 and 1/2 hours.. lol

1 hour ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Amazing work! Thanks for this... Will use it for sure... Some day xD (Looking at my backlog...)

1 hour ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

This is actually pretty crazy. Will probably use This when I eventually get around to playing it.

The dreaded backlog, we all know too well! :P

It was crazy lol a lot of nights staying up until 5am editing, I did 4 hours of commentary in 1 night which was probably why I sound like I ramble at some point but I just wanted to knuckle down and get it done I just hope I didn't ruin anything because of it.

6 hours ago, Bushido_Cypher said:
It is finally here, after over a month of recording and editing it's done.

Welcome fellow Witchers to the FULL Platinum Trophy Guide for The Witcher III: Wild Hunt.

This guide is optimised for convenience, we will be going for all trophies in 1 Playthrough, all missable trophies and all Gwent cards as well. There is no backtracking, removed loading screens and unnecessary travel from point A to B.

This took so much time to edit but I hope I did it justice and I hope it nets you the Platinum so much easier!

If you do use my guide feel free to leave a comment letting me know if it did help you and if it was easy to use so I can improve!

I wish you all Happy Hunting and enjoy one of the greatest RPGs!

Nicely done, my man! 

I got the I am Bread and the Surgeon Simulator Plat thx to your great guides, I might as well wipe the dust of the Witcher 3 and start playing it ??keep on rockin‘!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Nicely done, my man! 

I got the I am Bread and the Surgeon Simulator Plat thx to your great guides, I might as well wipe the dust of the Witcher 3 and start playing it ??keep on rockin‘!

Jasko my friend! Always good seeing a comment from you, thanks again for the support and I am thrilled you snagged yourself IAmBread & Surgeon Simulator! 
Keep up the great work and happy hunting!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Someone commented on the youtube video about you failing the quest Following the Thread later on in the game. Isn't that need for the quest Gwent: Old Pals which requires you to defeat your old friend Lambert for a missable gwent card

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 7:00 AM, Siriodorione said:

I patted the game when the expansions didn't exist, so I did the NG+ and played on the last difficulty. In NG+, enemies started around level 30. Now on PS5 if I do the base game + expansions then getting to level 60 (or more); then in NG+ would I always find enemies from 30 onwards or from 60?

After an earlier patch, I believe they scale regardless of the options selected and based on your level. The three times I've Platinumed the game, I've beaten the game entirely, done all the DLC, got all the trophies past the Death March one, and started a NG+ playthrough on Death March for the final trophies, usually around Level 55-60. When you start, they tend to be a few levels higher (56-58, if you're beginning it around 55), and they continue to scale alongside your own leveling. I hope that makes sense.

Edited by Creasy007
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 5:48 PM, Creasy007 said:

After an earlier patch, I believe they scale regardless of the options selected and based on your level. The three times I've Platinumed the game, I've beaten the game entirely, done all the DLC, got all the trophies past the Death March one, and started a NG+ playthrough on Death March for the final trophies, usually around Level 55-60. When you start, they tend to be a few levels higher (56-58, if you're beginning it around 55), and they continue to scale alongside your own leveling. I hope that makes sense.

I understand. I was trying to figure out if there was a way to make the run on the last difficulty easier. I did it in NG+ but I didn't have the news of the last expansion. I think doing it after that will be easier.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

I understand. I was trying to figure out if there was a way to make the run on the last difficulty easier. I did it in NG+ but I didn't have the news of the last expansion. I think doing it after that will be easier.

Oh yes, much easier. I've always done it after completing the game + both DLCs. I can't remember all the names but the Aerondight sword + that red armor you get towards the end of 'Blood & Wine' I believe makes for a perfect combination. Death March is pretty easy with both of those, provided you've got the feel of combat down.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2022 at 3:18 AM, boki_juda said:

@Bushido_Cypher subbed to your channel for almost 4 years now, recently watched the Blood and Wine and HoS DLC guides, love your humor, don't change anything and just keep on rockin'.

Thanks legend I appreciate that

Hoping the guide will help out a lot of people, don't forget Optinooby has a full written guide as well if preferred!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Happen to have a link to his written guide I seem to be overlooking it

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/275435-the-witcher-3-~-platinum-speedrun-guide/

Off memory there were a handful of times where you're told to go east or west and then I'd find it was a mistake and meant to be the opposite so if you come across any parts where it's saying west and you're not seeing what you're meant to then try east and that fixed it for me boss! 
Happy hunting :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BushidoCypher said:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/275435-the-witcher-3-~-platinum-speedrun-guide/

Off memory there were a handful of times where you're told to go east or west and then I'd find it was a mistake and meant to be the opposite so if you come across any parts where it's saying west and you're not seeing what you're meant to then try east and that fixed it for me boss! 
Happy hunting :D

Lol well I've 100% it twice already still got another stack plus PS5 to do just figured having an actual guide instead of memory and hunting bits and pieces would help lol

• Like 1

@Bushido_Cypher 

Yea sorry about those typos, thats quite an old guide and could have been better.

@Taliesin_2943

Im going to be redoing that text guide here over the coming months as a full flown gameplay guide with maps, images etc and may optimise it a little further if possible as my guide routing is a little better now.

So if you wanna follow text and you can hold on a month or so, you could use the text guide here ;)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

@Bushido_Cypher 

Yea sorry about those typos, thats quite an old guide and could have been better.

@Taliesin_2943

Im going to be redoing that text guide here over the coming months as a full flown gameplay guide with maps, images etc and may optimise it a little further if possible as my guide routing is a little better now.

So if you wanna follow text and you can hold on a month or so, you could use the text guide here ;)

With my backlog probably haha don't suppose you know if that app people used to track the cards and exactly how many of each there are and exactly where cause that sort of info would be spectacular if it could be implemented 

• Like 1