Would you recommend this game?

Lord_Azrath

Man, I bought it a few weeks ago and still haven't played it. If you're a fan of the whole "Soulsborne" stuff, then it'll fit the bill. Just replace demons with robots.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 1:14 PM, Lord_Azrath said:

Would anybody recommend getting it? I saw a few reviews, but even so I'm still on the fence and not sure.

If you enjoy the souls like genre of games then I highly recommend it. It's among the easiest of the genre but still entertaining nonetheless. Plus it's better than the first one which I thought was already good. (even though it's a lot easier than the first one)

On 7/6/2020 at 4:29 AM, Ptirle said:

Don't want to open new topic, so I will ask here. Will there be any dlcs past The Kraken dlc and will season pass this time really be for all future dlcs??

Not really sure but I wouldn't really the DLC is even worth it because it's so short (like 20 minutes to you go from start to finish, like an hour or 2 for 100%). Unless that shit goes for really cheap, I couldn't recommend buying it even if there will be more DLCs

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished last night.  Got to say that Surge1, Surge2, LOTF and Hellpoint are all fantastic games if you are a souls fan.  Surge 2 is the most polished.  Sustenance for the hollowed until Elden Ring drops.

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

If you wanna get the platinum, this is one of those "guide required" titles with missables up the neck that make little to no sense. Ruins the experience, and fair warning if you do use the guide on this site, read through all the trophies carefully, the guide doesn't make it clear how several trophies are highly missable in step 1, not just the two they point towards

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I’m honestly enjoying this more than I actually enjoyed Elden Ring.

both of The Surge games are up there for me as the better Souls-like titles. Hopefully they’ll make a third game with a bigger city/environment to explore.

Lots of missable stuff however, due to the world changing midway through the game but if you’re exploring the game to its fullest you should find most stuff naturally.

Just make sure to sever as many armor limbs as possible. 20 armor sets is around 80% of the sets available, and there’s only 2 in the Kraken DLC so you could potentially force a full second playthrough to complete some sets 

• Like 2

Hell yes. I also played this game immediately after Elden Ring, as I was craving for more Soulsborne experience. The Surge 2 did not disappoint, the combat is meaty and clunky in a good way. Love the sci-fi setting. The map design here isn't as good as the Souls games, it can get disorientating once the world started changing and you unlock more shortcuts, I got lost a few times. It's also not as polished, but it's a lot of fun.

The plat isn't too bad. Just follow the guide here and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread but wanted to give a heads up that if anyone is playing this game now, especially on PS5, be sure to back up your save frequently. Since there is no manual save on this game, you only have 1 save file: the auto save. So back up your save maybe every few hours or else the game may crash and corrupt your file. This JUST happens to me as I was about 2/3 through the game. Dunno if I’m gonna restart this game anytime soon…

• Like 2