VTuber Megathread

Ryudi1998

It is so sudden that I still don’t know how to feel about all this

3rd Generation Statement (Pekora, Noel, Flare and Marine)

Fubuki, Flare and Watame talked a bit about it too

No one knows for sure about the “real” reason for her contract to get terminated, so I think it’s better if we don’t try to speculate recklessly. I doubt that we’ll ever know the truth anyways. I really hope that this “mafumafu drama” was just bad timing, it would be a dumb way to end her career. It makes a lot of sense what @Undead Wolf said, but I just don’t want to believe it, you know..?

Cover said in its statement that:

“Also, we will be shutting down this talent’s Youtube channel and membership as of around the end of March.”

Therefore people are already archiving her videos, right now it is nowhere near complete, but some people on the Rushia subreddit are making progress. I may update this post when it’s done. 

Some archives that I found:

Ragtag

another Ragtag

IPFS

Members-only content on archive.org

torrent

Telegram (the best imo)

Telegram Members-Only streams

nyaa

a bunch

The way that most Holomembers are handling this situation is in a positive manner (a small compilation of some of theirs tweets), some are also taking a break.

I don’t know if I should or if I can share her “second account”, but I think that she’ll become someone like kson, so it won’t be a secret I imagine, please lmk if I should remove this paragraph or not. YoutubeInstagramTwitter.

Update: Twitcasting Membership

Twitcasting

Some fandeads (Rushia fans) are understandably angry at Cover, they are saying that they set her up and stuff. Others are believing in our Friend Fubuki, who said in this video that she will leave if she feels that Hololive can’t be trusted. It is another “burden” that FBK carries with her even after that time.

Personal opinion:

Rushia was probably my second favorite holomem of all, she was also the first reason why I fell in this rabbit hole. I don’t know what she did, however I’m sure that she deserves a proper farewell to/from us, she is literally the most super chatted channel and an OG, it’s a fact that she was a huge influence in Hololive. Unfortunately, this “goodbye stream” won’t be happening. 

To be honest I’m just very very pissed about all of this. Did she messed up? yeah she did, but like… f*ck man, was it really necessary to fire her out of the blue? She has been in Hololive for 2 years and 7 months, she made relations with the other members and with us, and now in 2~3 weeks time everything is over. I can’t imagine how she’s feeling right now, she was never strong minded too. 

I hope that she’ll be able to move on…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, now she is also joining VShoujo alongside Kson as AmemiyaNazuna

Youtube

Twitch

Twitter

Edited by Ryudi1998
grammar+archives+her new ch. + her new new channel
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Oh and @Sora9427, you wondering if any of the girls would play Elden Ring the other day must have willed it into existence, because I saw your favourite EN girl Kiara started it. I guess it's her first Souls-like, so I assume she was pretty bad. 1f61b.png Noel started it too, but she has a lot more experience with those kinds of games. Gura's also been mentioning it a lot recently and I believe she said she wanted to play it on stream next week. Sounds like she played it for a bit on her own. I'm looking forward to that.

Yeah when i saw it in my feed i thought "Well would you look at that!" xD

I saw some pieces since i'm already watching it mostly from my usaul Twitch streamer which is experienced in this kind of game sbut she wasn't too bad, actually from what i've seen, maybe it's me but the game looks a lot easier than the previous From software entries, especially magic builds, is that it or am i watching good people playing? :P 

• Like 2

I missed that karaoke collab too. I'll probably watch the VOD's. I already found a reupload of the unarchived part.

I did watch some other karaoke streams recently though. Forgot to mention them the last time I guess. One was from Kiara, a pretty fun one, with a lot of variety and some European songs. Another one was from Calli, a rebroadcast of her JOJO karaoke stream. Never watched JOJO, never heard any songs from it, but it was fun. That anime has some great music indeed.

Watched a few chatting streams. Ollie did one after her recovery. It was followed by meme review stream on Risu's channel where Ollie appeared as a guest. There were some funny ones, mostly nut jokes as you can guess.

And today, checked Calli's chatting stream. She shared a lot of plans. Sounds like there is an album on the way. She also said she will play and stream Bloodborne next month. 

Speaking of From Software games, I saw bits of Kiara's Elden Ring stream. In one of them, she was attacking basic enemies while riding a horse, the other one was an attempt at first boss, and she ate shit ?.

In other news, CDawgVA is debuting his VTuber character Bubi tonight. Here's a teaser. The stream starts at 5 AM my time, so there's no way I'm watching it live. To the list of things to watch later it goes...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

Yeah when i saw it in my feed i thought "Well would you look at that!" xD

I saw some pieces since i'm already watching it mostly from my usaul Twitch streamer which is experienced in this kind of game sbut she wasn't too bad, actually from what i've seen, maybe it's me but the game looks a lot easier than the previous From software entries, especially magic builds, is that it or am i watching good people playing? :P 

It's hard to say for sure because it's an open world game where, as far as I know, the enemies don't scale with your level, so that means it really depends on what order you decide to fight the bosses in. I've encountered a couple of bosses that kicked my ass, but I've also found most of the optional bosses to be a real cakewalk. I will say that it feels easier to me at least, especially since you can skip past most of the fights using the horse. As for magic builds, I can't really comment on how good those are because I never focus on magic in these games. I'm just rocking a greatsword right now and it's doing me just fine. ?

But to get back on topic, IRyS released a new original song last night. ?

And speaking of IRyS, I'm still waiting for her kimono outfit. I wonder why it's been delayed so long.

• Like 4

The entirety of Hololive is playing Vampire Survivors. That game isn't even that good. But there is something satisfying about hundred of enemies melting on the screen on high levels. 

My sleep schedule is messed up again, so I've been spending more time watching US-based members. Watched Gura play Vampire Survivors for the first time. Watched Fauna play it too. Also saw a part of Chloe's stream, and a couple of runs by Pekora. Yeah... that will do it for me, I think ?.

Ollie had a good karaoke stream this week. The unarchived part was especially memorable for the last 20 minutes or so when she trolled chat and did like 7 encore songs, 3 of which were "Never gonna give you up". 

Haachama streams Tetris 99 for an hour every morning, it looks like. Saw a couple of those streams. She's not as good as Suisei at the game, but her gameplay is still impressive.

But the funniest moment this week so far for me was the fight Gura had with a friendly NPC in Elden Ring. From being surprised, to being scared, to being angry, she went through many emotions ?. The "No maidens?" meme was the cherry on top. 

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Slava said:

The entirety of Hololive is playing Vampire Survivors. That game isn't even that good. But there is something satisfying about hundred of enemies melting on the screen on high levels. 

My sleep schedule is messed up again, so I've been spending more time watching US-based member. Watched Gura play Vampire Survivors for the first time. Watched Fauna play it too. Also saw a part of Chloe's stream, and a couple of runs by Pekora. Yeah... that will do it for me, I think 1f604.png.

I noticed that too. ? And yeah, honestly, that Vampire Survivors game got boring real quick. I was surprised Gura played it for as long as she did. Even more surprising though was seeing my sub box get filled with a bunch of the others girls playing it, almost to Pokemon levels. I really don't get the appeal of it. I couldn't stomach watching more than one stream of that game lol. 

1 hour ago, Slava said:

But the funniest moment this week so far for me was the fight Gura had with a friendly NPC in Elden Ring. From being surprised, to being scared, to being angry, she went through many emotions 1f601.png. The "No maidens?" meme was the cherry on top. 

Yeah, that part was great. ? She got what she deserved for being a cheeky brat. ? I doubt she'll play anymore of it on stream, but she did say that she was interested in playing Sekiro which would be cool. I'm glad to see that IRyS and Ina are starting Elden Ring today as well. I wonder if they'll get any further than Gura... ?

As for other stuff I watched, I quite enjoyed Fauna's stream of Sucker For Love: First Date. Pretty funny concept for a game. It was also nice hearing more about the offline collab in various streams, like how the more introverted EN members relied on Kronii for interacting with other people. ? It was cute hearing Ina's impressions of the other girls too, including her somewhat awkward meeting with Mumei. What a bunch of lovable dorks. ?

• Like 2

Not very much variety this week in streams either, mainly just the vampire game and Elden Ring. I don't particularly mind the vampire game but I feel like once I've seen one of them play it I've seen all of them play it ? The Elden Ring streams were pretty good to watch though since it's always fun to see peoples reactions to those kinds of games for the first time. I mainly watched Gura, Ina, and IRyS play it but Gura said she's going to play it offline (read: never again) so at least IRyS and Ina are willing to play it even for a bit longer.

Apart from that Gura played that Within Skerry game which I saw Pekora play before and I don't think I could really follow what was happening but she seemed to be genuinely scared of what was going on. Now if only she will play Alien: Isolation that she claims to not be afraid of ?

Other than that I think Subaru is on break since she hasn't done anything for a week and Pekora tried playing Sekiro but she only got to play for about 10 minutes before her internet started acting up and she couldn't stream it. She will try again later tonight at my 5:00 A.M. though, so hopefully it goes well.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 3

Cover announced auditions for Holostars EN. It was expected after the insane success of the Nijisanji EN dudes. 

Sana is returning in less than an hour. She hasn't said much, but it's her first stream after weeks of absence during which she was busy doing other work for Cover.

As for what I watched recently, I discovered some indie Twitch Vtubers. One of them was Monarch aka Amalee who debuted not long ago. The other one was Bao. I saw them on Twitter a few times before, but it was my first time watching their streams. I liked both.

In terms of Hololive stuff, the latest unarchived karaoke from Fauna was fun. She sang emo-punk songs again. She hit a solid 50% of the notes, and was on beat like 60% of the time, but I like how cute her performances always are. And she's getting more and more confident which is great.

Edit: Sana said she had a back injury. She will return to normal streams as soon as she's able to sit for more than an hour without pain.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 4

The big thing that happened recently was IRyS' birthday stream. As is tradition, she took call-ins from other Hololive members which was sweet. Not just EN, but some of the ID and JP girls too. There were some merch announcements and she topped it off with karaoke. She also released a new cover to celebrate and I'm pretty into it. I've listened to it quite a few times at this point.

4 hours ago, Slava said:

Cover announced auditions for Holostars EN. It was expected after the insane success of the Nijisanji EN dudes. 

Sana is returning in less than an hour. She hasn't said much, but it's her first stream after weeks of absence during which she was busy doing other work for Cover.

As for what I watched recently, I discovered some indie Twitch Vtubers. One of them was Monarch aka Amalee who debuted not long ago. The other one was Bao. I saw them on Twitter a few times before, but it was my first time watching their streams. I liked both.

In terms of Hololive stuff, the latest unarchived karaoke from Fauna was fun. She sang emo-punk songs again. She hit a solid 50% of the notes, and was on beat like 60% of the time, but I like how cute her performances always are. And she's getting more and more confident which is great.

Edit: Sana said she had a back injury. She will return to normal streams as soon as she's able to sit for more than an hour without pain.

They did? I haven't seen any official announcement about a Holostars EN, but maybe I missed it. I know they have auditions open for both male and female applicants, but that's not new.

I've noticed that she's been MIA for like 3 weeks now. Don't think she's really tweeted much either. I assumed she was just busy with her *other* job. That sucks about the back injury though.

Oh God, I remember hearing about this Amalee chick from the "VTubers are cringe" video a little while back. She didn't take people dunking on her in return very well. ? The way she speaks on Twitter raises a lot of red flags for me tbh. I feel like I'm blanking on something she did before she made the VTuber persona. And I know of Bao since she seems to collab with pretty much every other indie out there. She did a Phasmophobia collab with Shiki and some others recently, but they were being so loud and obnoxious to the point where I had to shut the stream off. ?

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

They did? I haven't seen any official announcement about a Holostars EN, but maybe I missed it.

Yeah, they posted a tweet about male EN auditions specifically:

https://twitter.com/hololive_En/status/1499747976444809217?t=oGp2ZszbUb-3JBauBICtrg&s=19

I guess it's not much of an announcement.

13 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I remember hearing about this Amalee chick from the "VTubers are cringe" video a little while back.

Welp. That just decreased my interest in her streams.

• Like 1

Mostly Elden Ring again this week. IRyS, Gura, Ina, and even Ame played it. IRyS and Ina both seem to be doing fine despite it being their first Souls game. IRyS beat one of the main bosses after some attempts and when she beat them, she was out of Flasks and they were both at one hit but she managed to beat it ? Ina I don't think has gotten as far but I have seen her beat a couple of the optional bosses so she is at least playing it and learning it.

Gura on the other hand has played it for six hours and I don't think she has beaten even an optional boss. Mostly just wandering around and getting killed by her own curiosity. ? It sounds like she's decided to stop playing it now but has decided to play Sekiro soon which I don't see going any better. I mean, I don't want to be mean to the funny shark but if she lost patience at Elden Ring then I just don't see how she's going to be doing Sekiro which from what I have seen bosses can take hours to beat because they require a lot of attempts and some of them will have two phases that if you die to then you have to do the first one again ?

Ame played it tonight too and I expected it to go as well as Gura's but she actually managed to beat a couple of optional bosses and seemed to enjoy exploring around. So while it might not go as far as IRyS or Ina, Ame has made more progress than Gura in three hours ?

Otherwise currently I'm watching Noel stream it. She's on the Starscourge Radahn but with the two hours I have seen her stream it she has lost to him since and I assume she's been stuck on him longer. She has quite the patience I'll say ?

Pekora has played Sekiro a few times and she seems to be doing fine even if she gets stuck on a boss for a couple hours. It's all worth it though since she gets quite excited when she finally beats one ?

Apart from FromSoft games I saw the Uno collab. I couldn't follow it 100% but it seemed like Ina had problems so she had to have a bot take her place through most of it. But aside from that it was enjoyable.

• Like 2

I see more or less you guys keep watching a Lot of them :P 

For me i'm mostly watchign other thing outsied V-tuber and Hololive but i'm still watching some clips and compilations, a lot of funny moments for sure :3 

As you already said there are some being on Break or doing other things, i don't see Aqua since some weeks, Marine finally got back yeasterday and boy i have some great clips i see to watch from her coming back, she forgot she's 17 :awesome:

I would like to see more Pekora highlights, there aren't many lately especially great ones like the one Redgrave posted above! I shoudl play Sekiro just to see clips of it by Pekora xD 

For the rest yeah i see a TON of Elden ring too played by a lot fop the girls, and i was wondering if some of them would play it at all, guess my worries were wrong xD Still i'm not watching a lot about it, i watch it mostly for speedruns and challenges on Twitch already (and i don't care about spoiling bosses but i still know nothing bout the story and so i hope until i play it) so watching it played regularly it's not as interesting personally.

I would Like to watch actually Noelle or Botan that looks like the Two best girls playing it, especially Botan just laughs it off it's amazing ^_^ Sadlyt they stream late night for me, at least Noelle is always at 3-4 AM.....

Anyway let's see what this week will bring even if i guess not much difference.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Redgrave said:

It sounds like she's decided to stop playing it now but has decided to play Sekiro soon

She doesn't finish many games she starts, does she? She likes to try out everything, it seems.

At least she beat that NPC in the beginning ?.

It was a pretty eventful week. Laplus interviewed Robert Pattinson and Zoë Kravitz which was unexpected to say the least. Hololive is everywhere now lol.

Ina blessed us with a singing stream. She doesn't do karaoke often, and this one is archived. Great reminder that Ina can sing pretty well.

Sana hosted a Twitter space where she mostly talked about pizza. Had to install a VPN app for the first time in my life as Twitter has finally stopped working in my country after being blocked. Anyway, it was cool to hear more from her, and see her interact with fans even if the interaction mostly consisted of her reaction to cursed pizza photos ?.

Speaking of Twitter spaces, YouTube has reminded me of the one from Kronii. I was able to catch the end, and it had a funny moment when Fauna joined. Exactly the one that appeared in my recommended. Here's a video with the audio clip.

Now speaking of Fauna, I really enjoy her stuff lately. She streamed Jump King as a participant of Calli's Holo Jump event. Jump King streams are known to have a lot of conversations about everything. I'd say Fauna is good at keeping these streams interesting . But her best stream this week was the Getting Over It endurance stream where she went for 50 wins to get the gold pot. She added challenges and punishments to spice things up, talked about all kinds of stuff in between them from her favourite shojo anime to some facts about plants and animals, and then joined VC with the girls who were playing Jump King. I went to sleep after Bae and Irys joined. Calli and Mumei joined later as well. I want to watch the rest of it today.

Outside of Hololive, I finally watched Bubi's debut. It was a fun one. Connor was having too much fun acting as a demon lord. The lore video was pretty good as well. He said he's going to stream at least once a month, but I'll probably stick with the normal Connor streams where he's being himself.

Edit: Oh, also just saw a part of Korone's stream of Yakuza on PS2. I like the fact that she chose the original version, even though I haven't played Yakuza myself. It was fun, and the game actually holds up well. Yeah, I like when holomems stream older games, doesn't happen often on the EN side.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Slava said:

It was a pretty eventful week. Laplus interviewed Robert Pattinson and Zoë Kravitz which was unexpected to say the least. Hololive is everywhere now lol.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that ? It was pretty funny to see though. Robert Pattinson seemed to enjoy it though even if he did seem kind of confused at first.

• Like 3

Calli announced her first album. It's coming out in 3 days along with the MV of the first song. She also announced a 3D concert for her birthday stream which is happening in a few weeks.

So the HoloFes starts tomorrow. Some events are going to be shown on Day 1 and Day 2 streams, but the 3D concerts including Myth performances are paywalled. I guess there's no way to see them for me.

Also noticed how many birthdays there have been month. Fauna is celebrating soon as well.

• Like 1

I've watched a ton of Elden Ring streams since my last post in here. @Redgrave pretty much covered everything in regard to that, but I'll just say that I've been enjoying IRyS' playthrough the most. I didn't expect her to stick with the game for so long, but maybe that's just because I'm used to watching Ame and Gura where they play a game for a couple of streams and never touch it again. ? It's nice to see her invested in the game as much as she is. Same goes for Ina.

Mumei recently moved into her new house, with the biggest benefit being that she doesn't have to worry about receiving noise complaints from her neighbours anymore. She did a late night karaoke stream to celebrate, which of course I ended up missing. ? It was supposed to be archived, but she wasn't happy with how she performed, even though I'm sure it was totally fine. I really want to hear how she sings without having to tone down the volume.

As for her gaming streams, she's one of the few EN's who haven't been playing Elden Ring, instead choosing to play DOOM Eternal, SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, and Getting Over It. She went kind of crazy during the Getting Over It stream, describing how she liked looking through people's windows and seeing how the house was decorated among other things. ? At one point she even described being able to hear "screaming children". Moments like that is why I love her so much. ? She was also having a bit *too* much fun massacring the demons in DOOM Eternal. ?

(And yeah, MeiMei Clips is back which is nice)

I know Myth did some 3D dance lesson stream on Kiara's channel, but I didn't watch it. Most of the clips seemed to focus on Calli, so I didn't feel like watching those either. ? They're all preparing for that HoloFes thing, which I'm sure will be cool, especially since they're getting their official 3D models, but it's not something I care about enough to pay for as I said before. Will be interesting to see them use their 3D model for other things though.

Also, I started watching this VTuber called Lisa from Tsunderia. She has a good-looking model, a nice voice, and is pretty fun to watch. She's played some really good games too like NieR, Catherine, and Yakuza 0. It's still early days in me watching her, so there could very well be some yabs I'm not privy to, but I'm pretty into her so far. Good singer too!

• Like 2

Kind of light on the streams again this week although I know it's because of the festival but I just watched IRyS play Elden Ring for the most part. Pekora managed to beat Sekiro with the final boss taking five hours. She also did some kind of rabbit war cry at one moment which sounds like a noise she would make when she hacks someone up with her battle axe if they tried to break into her home ?

11 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

So, The week started amazingly With a Great Pekora Video with a little bunny (Hope you guys saw it, eprsoanblly it's great xD) and the Miko, Aki, Choco trio doing a fun and sexy 3d collab together :P Then i watched less an not really much caught my attention in the clips honestly, ah Yes saw the One Collab moments, Tsundere Gura was perfectly Cliched :awesome: 

In this weekend there was the festival, i didn't watch it even yesterday btu i saw later the Singing performances and they were great! Still have to watch the Korone's frontflips that in my feed literally EVERY single clipper posted 30 times with reaction, kinda annoying finding so many reaction to one thing in 1 day. The EN & ID got their 3D model, can't really say i'm excited or anything, i saw just the images of them and they looks awesome yeah but until we actually see them used be it in streaming or events, Eh, personally i'm not hyped up at all; Even for this i got a Ton of reactions clips, which i doubt i'll watch, mostly because well watching a reaction without knowing or watching before the Context, meh.

I'm actually Really excited for the announcement right at the End of the festival! New 2D models are going to come out the 3.0 version and Boy they showed Matsuri, Hachaama fubuki and Aki (and somebody else i think it was 6-7 of the girls, i guess the First gen) and WOW they looks gorgeous and a lot more detailed and free moving compared to the one they have now! For this i really am waiting to see them in action since it's what we see most of the time after all, the 2D version (aside from some Like Miko) 

In other things, Pikamee got a new costume, she looks pretty tomboysh :P It's nice but in the clips i found the hair pretty unsetting and ruined the costume for me, it's like the back of them it's "glued" to her when she moves the hair, like it's background and it's pretty terrible to see, hope it was just that case because the outfit it's nice.

Yeah I've seen it where she reacts to that rabbit that imitates her voice. It gives off the same feeling as that SpongeBob meme where it's making fun of what someone says ?

I haven't really seen anything from the festival other than some clips from the mascots which are pretty funny to see. I also saw there was a statue of Gura that talks which was pretty cool.

I saw Pikamee's new costume and I think it looks fine although yeah I think I see what you mean about the hair ? I haven't really seen much of anything of her lately. I guess she mostly streams on Twitch which is a shame since I don't really use Twitch anymore. But sometimes I get a clip recommended of something she played recently and I know I definitely didn't see her play it on YouTube.

• Like 4

While I didn't watch the performances, it was still cool seeing the screenshots from them, especially when it came to Myth's 3D models. They look really good! As @Redgrave mentioned, there were some funny clips going around of the mascots, especially Smol Ame. ? I didn't watch the reaction clips from the performances, since like @Sora9427 said, I wouldn't get much out of it because I don't have the context behind what they're reacting to in the first place. I did watch a few of the clips from one of the streams that had footage from the expo though, and it was funny seeing how Nene and Polka reacted to a couple. That and a cute girl they saw. ?

I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but EN got a 12 minute animation around the time everything else was going on.

And lastly, Mumei decided to draw more Hololive members. I think she intends to make this a weekly thing until she's drawn everyone from all the branches. She finished Haachama and Pekora as you can see below which are as hilarious as all her other drawings. Pekora's one especially. ? She did start on Matsuri, but wasn't sure what to do with it, so she's going to finish that off next time.

LXUj2Ti.png

• Like 3

I watched a bit of the beginning of the Day 1 HoloFES stream with Yagoo and mascots. Smol Ame and Udin were the best. Other than that, I just watched some clips, and looked at screenshots and other stuff on Twitter. The new 3D models for Myth and ID gen 1 look pretty good. Glad they finally got to show them off.

Sana feels a little better, so she returned with an hour long stream where she talked more about what's been happening. I haven't seen the Council segments at the Festival streams, so If Sana was there too, I hope she wasn't pushing herself too much. 

Fauna's birthday stream was fun. She made the guests spin the wheel of fortune with random prizes and punishments. The wheel happened to stop at the "Ara ara voice" often, so we got a lot of those. Some other guests won the right to tweet from her account and even change her profile pic for a day. There was also an unexpected announcement: her upcoming first original song is planned for release next month. I didn't think she was ready, but I'm excited to hear it.

Meanwhile, Gura's Reflect got a music video, and it's scheduled for tomorrow! This is what I'm currently most hyped about. Reflect is one of my favourite Hololive songs. Actually it probably is above the rest for me. Can't wait.

Other than that, I watched a couple of old VOD's. Finally watched the second HoloDeath collab, which was Mario Party. It was very entertaining watching Rushia, Calli, and Ollie team up against Waluigi. I'll miss this trio. 

Next, I'll probably check out Rushia's songs while they're still up.

• Like 3