VTuber Megathread

Ryudi1998

Fauna did a drawing stream yesterday, and not just for members. I had to be there, even though it was the middle of the night for me. She was drawing Councilrys as Alice in Wonderland characters. The results were good, Mumei as Alice with American McGee vibes, and Sana and Kronii as queens. Here's all three together timecoded. I hope to see some fanart of them ?. 

Also watched Pekora play the new Gundam Evolution game. It is a decent Overwatch clone that also reminded me of PS3 era Transformers games that had multiplayer modes as well, IIRC. She doesn't play compettitive shooters too often, but she was doing well.

Watched more Nyanners MGS. Watched some bits of the first MGS3 stream, and also watched the MGS1 stream highlights, because I missed the whole thing.

And also saw some clips of Pekora talking about her IRL meetup with ID gen 1. Too wholesome, man.

• Like 2

It's been a little bit since I posted about the stuff I've been watching in here. This happened over a week ago at this point, but it's one of the funniest streams I've seen in quite some time, so still worth mentioning. It was a stream where Pippa and Lumi watched the movie "Love on a Leash", and just from the title alone, you can imagine what it would be about. ? Unlike most watchalong streams, they actually had the movie playing on the stream itself, so you don't have to faff about with a separate tab and synching up the audio. Surprisingly, the VOD is still up, so I guess the movie is so bad that nobody wanted to try claiming it as their own. ? But yeah, it was funny as fuck seeing them react to some of the ridiculous moments in that movie. Whenever the two main characters would get it on, Pippa played the "white girls fuck dogs" song. ? They also did a duet of it near the end of the stream.

As far as gaming streams go, Pippa's been playing a game called Nightmare of Decay. It's one of those dime a dozen Steam indie horror games, but this one is actually surprisingly good. It obviously takes a lot of inspiration from Resident Evil, even going as far as ripping off that infamous zombie reveal scene in RE1, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The gameplay looked fun. She's also been playing some Cities: Skylines. That game has an in-game radio station, so it's pretty chill just to have it on in the background. Pippa did a poll on what to call the city, and chat decided on Sad Girl City. Appropriate. ?

And lastly in regards to Pippa, someone made this awesome animation of her that I wanted to share.

As for other Phase Connect streams I've been watching, Shiina's been playing quite a few mald games lately. ? She played Cat Mario. I hadn't heard of it before, but it's similar to Kaizo Mario in where the game is downright unfair with its obstacles and the only way to get through is with trial and error. She also tried her hand at Jump King, but I don't think she was even close to making it to the end. ? She's also been continuing her Ace Combat 7 playthrough, and although it's not a game specifically designed to make you mald like the other two games I mentioned are, she has been having a tough time with it. One of the missions took her hours to beat, but she does wear this hat for a reason...

CpxjN6h.png

I watched Airi play some Gundam Evolution. I think you described the game pretty well @Slava. She played with chat and got bullied by them quite a lot. ? And this isn't like a regular thing, but she has played that pinball game that came with old iterations of Windows a few times. Now that brings me back. ? I used to play that a lot. She also did a Ring Fit stream the other day, and it was worth watching just for the noises she was making. ? Despite chat trying to warn her, she ended up pushing herself too far, and made a series of tweets about how she was in pain afterwards. ?

j5hNGyP.png

Now onto Hololive stuff. About a week ago now, we got a big HoloEN + HoloID collab in Among Us. I guess it was mostly to show off the Hololive skins added to the game. Here's a video that mashes together the different POV's. Mumei had to go about halfway through, but the next round started before she had time to leave, so she spent it just running around asking people to kill her. Eventually, Kiara obliged. ? Mumei and Gura's interactions with each other were just precious. They speak the language of the Gods. ?

As for solo stuff, Mumei did an animal tier list. She tackled the age old question of what's better - cats or dogs? She's totally not biased btw. ? I also watched her play Nintendo Switch Sports and Planet Coaster. With the latter, in true Mumei fashion, she built death contraptions and wanted to hear the screams of the park guests. ? It didn't go quite as planned though. ? I've also been watching a lot of Fauna, with the most notable stream for me being the Civ 5 stream. I've wanted one of the girls to play that for ages. In one of Mumei's zatsu's, she said that's one of the games she requested shortly after debut, but I guess it was rejected for whatever reason. I hope she gets to play it now as well.

2 hours ago, Slava said:

Fauna did a drawing stream yesterday, and not just for members. I had to be there, even though it was the middle of the night for me. She was drawing Councilrys as Alice in Wonderland characters. The results were good, Mumei as Alice with American McGee vibes, and Sana and Kronii as queens. Here's all three together timecoded. I hope to see some fanart of them ?. 

I only caught a bit of that stream last night, so I didn't see the final product until now. But wow, they look amazing! I love Mumei's Alice outfit especially. It suits her really well, and the blood splatters on her face and apron is a nice touch. ? It's pretty cute in a messed up kind of way. ?

• Like 3

Inktober has begun, and Iofi has launched her own verison - Holoctober.

Iofi herself has been posting art and speedpaint videos each day, like this one: 

She knows what she's doing with the themes, and the results you can find on Twitter have been pretty nice so far:

I'd post more, but I don't want to spam.

In terms of streams, I've been watching more Kaela. She played VVVVVV recently, which is nice to see in 2022. Today, she's streaming Ex-Zodiac. It's a Star Fox clone with retro-stylized graphics. Unique choices of games to stream, I like it.

• Like 2

Shiina's chat committed elder abuse (in Minecraft) with the stream being one of those challenge ones where donations can do different things ? She also sort of played Bad End Theater and I say "sort of" because it wound up being a zatsu for like 2 hours since I think she genuinely kept getting distracted and forgot she was supposed to play something ? She also played more Bloodborne and got past Vicar Amelia. Lastly she uploaded an abridged version of her crab stream.

The only IRyS stream I mostly watched was the one where she played Gundam Evolution and there was a part where she fell for the gacha and actually spent like $70 for 8,000 in-game points to buy skins and out of all of them I think she only got one or two that she actually wanted ?

Gura came back for a couple obligation streams where she played The Backrooms and something called MADiSON that I assume was made by the same devs as Visage or at least uses the same engine because a lot of assets look like they are from that. Would be nice if she played other horror games that weren't just streamer bait stuff though ?

Mumei played some Planet Coaster, did a collab (with Gura, Fauna, and Kronii) in a game called Wolf Quest, also played Gundam Evolution (but didn't fall for gacha), and lastly continued her Draw Hololive streams where she at least got to draw Zeta. She was in the process of drawing Koyori but I guess she couldn't figure out how she wanted to approach it so she stopped after a certain point. What she was doing with Koyori looked good so I hope she continues it but this was the end result for Zeta ?

MumZeta.png

Pippa the Pipkin played Chilla's Art's newest horror game The Bathhouse which I'm sure many Hololive members will soon follow in playing. She also had a 69,000 subscriber special where she showcased the bizarre world of Wal-Mart by looking at the People of Wal-Mart website and even found out there was a Wal-Mart wiki ? She also looked at the videos where the managers force the staff to dance and sing (read: humiliate themselves). To the people that don't have a Wal-Mart (or the equivalent) you might think the video she reacted to was some kind of parody or perhaps a scene from a found footage horror film right? Wrong! Every Wal-Mart is like having the Wild Wasteland perk in Fallout: New Vegas activated on the inside, you just never know what kind of thing you'll see. Even I myself can attest to a few things but probably the most notable one is how I saw a Buddhist monk walking around the one I shop at. I don't even know if he bought anything or if he walked out before all the negative Chi could corrupt him. But yes, the stream itself was pretty funny ?                   

Lastly she did a stream where she messed around with the NovelAI art thing and made a bunch of artworks of the Hololive girls until she ran out of credits (or whatever it's called for those) and talked to a chatbot AI of herself that would pretty much always resort to bringing up her Papakin, avoiding the feds, living in a trailer park, or going in the woods ? Here's a few examples

Pipkin1.png 

Pipkin2.png

Pipkin3.png

Pipkin4.png

• Like 3

A cool fan-made animated short. VTuber fans are too talented. I might've heard about this channel before, but I haven't seen the previous videos yet. I'll check them out definitely.

Fauna finished drawing Councilrys as Alice in Wonderland characters. Here's all of them together timecoded. She went a bit crazy with some outfits, but I like the idea for Cheshirys. I saw some fanarts already, and honestly, wanted to draw that version too.

Gura's unarchived karaoke was cute. The 3-hour stream started with her sounding a bit dead because she wasn't feeling too well, but it went great after a few songs. A jazz version of Creep was one of the highlights, a duet with herself was a surprise, and she even fit one Christmas song for good measure in there. 

Pomu started The Phantom Pain. As always, it's such enjoyment to watch people experience these games for the first time. She was overwhelmed with the number of game mechanics at the beginning, but did fine. Couldn't help but smile when she was just talking to the chat while standing on Motherbase, when her soldiers started having a conversation about the events of previous game, which she didn't expect and was happy to hear.

Also, recently I've been listening to Suisei's songs a lot. Stellar StellarGhost, and Kakero are my favourite ones. What a great voice.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Slava said:

A cool fan-made animated short. VTuber fans are too talented. I might've heard about this channel before, but I haven't seen the previous videos yet. I'll check them out definitely.

Fauna finished drawing Councilrys as Alice in Wonderland characters. Here's all of them together timecoded. She went a bit crazy with some outfits, but I like the idea for Cheshirys. I saw some fanarts already, and honestly, wanted to draw that version too.

Gura's unarchived karaoke was cute. The 3-hour stream started with her sounding a bit dead because she wasn't feeling too well, but it went great after a few songs. A jazz version of Creep was one of the highlights, a duet with herself was a surprise, and she even fit one Christmas song for good measure in there. 

Damn, that's awesome. It's an interesting animation style. The models are pretty freaky-looking, but it works. I like the story too and it has a sweet ending. But yeah, it's pretty crazy how many high quality VTuber animations there are out there, most of which are from fans doing it for free.

I watched some of that stream when she was drawing herself as the white rabbit. I thought it was funny how chat were demanding that her feet should be exposed, and she eventually obliged by pasting the feet from her official model onto the drawing. ? I think the drawing of her is probably the hottest one. I'd definitely like to see some fan art of that. ? And yeah, I do like what she did for IRyS' outfit.

Man, that part where Gura did a duet with herself was just adorable. I'm glad I caught that live because she kind of tricked everyone into thinking there was someone else in the room with her. ? I didn't watch the whole stream because it overlapped with a Pippa stream I wanted to watch, but yeah, there were a lot of good remixes she used. I also heard the part where she sang that Christmas song. Like damn, a whole month of Christmas songs just isn't enough I guess. ?

• Like 2

Ina is taking a long break to fix her health, for real this time. I haven't watched the stream where she talked about it, but sounds like she's found the problem and is determined to solve it finally. Wishing her well, and hoping to see her in the top form whenever she's ready to come back. 

NijiEN x HoloID collab was announced. And apparently, it's a big deal. There's been talk about some wall between NijiEN and HoloEN specifically, and looks like we're getting closer to seeing it fall step by step, maybe. I don't really keep up with what agency branches choose to cooperate with which, but I don't see a reason they shouldn't be able to do it. VShojo is already allowed.

Speaking of HoloID, new outfits for gen 1 are coming, nice.

So, I've been watching a lot of stuff this week. Ollie's birthday streams, the main event being the big karaoke collab with many people who sent in their performances while Ollie was singing live. Mumei drawing HoloEN from memory was interesting, I like this type of videos in general. Checked some Halloween streams from Fauna and Gura as well. Watched an old stream with Sana and Kaela, which was really funny. And a HoloEN x Tempus Mario Party collab, which had some hilarious moments too

In terms of clips, I see a lot of HoloJP on my recommended lately, and especially Miko playing Soul Calibur. Mainly videos with players who customized their characters to look like Hololive members. But this one was even funnier. "I won as a player, but lost as an idol" ?.

Another streamer that was recommended to me was Shiina. Probably caused by me watching that crab propaganda video ?. But she has had multiple art practice streams where she draws poses, I saw a part of one of those. Was surprised how few subs and viewers she got. But anyway, if there is a way to get me into Phase Connect, this is probably the one. I like art streams and artsy people.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 4

I've been enjoying Fauna and Baelz's Month of Horrors event they've got going on. It's nice to see that some EN members are getting into the spirit of things at least. ? So far they've played The Mortuary Assistant, What Remains of Edith Finch, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and AO ONI. They were most scared playing The Mortuary Assistant, so that was pretty funny. They had heartrate monitors on screen and it really skyrocketed at points. ? It sounded like they most enjoyed themselves playing Amnesia. Baelz hasn't played it before, and she got invested in the story, so I think they intend on continuing it at some point. Fauna also wants to introduce her to SOMA since that's one of her favourite games and is from the same developer.

The only other HoloEN member I've watched playing horror games this month is Gura with The Backrooms: 1998 and MADiSON. The former was kind of lame because the game had some mic detection mechanic (on the account of it being a streamer bait game), but all this achieved was making it so Gura barely talked to avoid alerting the monster. Like yeah, really great mechanic you've got there, devs. ? MADiSON was a lot better since she could be her cute and funny self. ? She managed to beat it as well.

Mumei and Baelz released another cover, this time of the song QUEEN. It's pretty freaking good. ?

Speaking of Mumei, she's been on a bit of an Overwatch 2 binge over the last week, so I haven't watched her very much. Mostly just the drawing stream and her playing some cat puzzle game. ? I saw she had an off-collab with Kronii, although the stream was pretty short. Oh, and there was another unarchived karaoke at some ungodly time in the morning which I of course missed as per usual. ?

It's mostly just been Pippa streams as far as Phase Connect goes. She messed around with NovelAI some more, but this time with a Halloween theme. It's funny because whenever she would ask for tag suggestions, every time somebody would ask for "pregnant" to be added. She thinks it's a meme, but I know better. ? But anyways, there were some pretty good results. ?

H9GXYC3.png

She also did a stream where she played chess with viewers and talked about the recent cheating drama. She had trouble doing that though because she kept getting distracted by the game. ? There was also the spOoOoky karaoke stream which was fun. She sang a lot of good ones.

Oh yeah, and there's also Lumi. She doesn't stream much on YouTube, but she put out this video on Ninja Gaiden the other day that was funny. The editing is really good. ?

11 hours ago, Slava said:

NijiEN x HoloID collab was announced. And apparently, it's a big deal. There's been talk about some wall between NijiEN and HoloEN specifically, and looks like we're getting closer to seeing it fall step by step, maybe. I don't really keep up with what agency branches choose to cooperate with which, but I don't see a reason they shouldn't be able to do it. VShojo is already allowed.

I'm not a fan of the whole "breaking down barriers" thing. Nijisanji and VShojo have a completely different culture to Hololive, or at least it did before certain members went out of their way to change it as much as possible. But I suppose a Nijisanji collab looks rather tame in comparison to the recent Holostars EN shenanigans. So yeah, EN's management might as well just allow anything at this point. I don't really care what the other members do so long as Mumei, Gura, Fauna, and IRyS keep doing their own thing separate from all that.

12 hours ago, Slava said:

Mumei drawing HoloEN from memory was interesting, I like this type of videos in general.

Yeah, drawing from memory is tough. It's hard to remember all those small details, even when you see the models often. I think she did a pretty good job all things considered. ?

12 hours ago, Slava said:

Another streamer that was recommended to me was Shiina. Probably caused by me watching that crab propaganda video 1f601.png. But she has had multiple art practice streams where she draws poses, I saw a part of one of those. Was surprised how few subs and viewers she got. But anyway, if there is a way to get me into Phase Connect, this is probably the one. I like art streams and artsy people.

The YouTube algorithm saw the constant shilling in this thread and decided to help out. ? But yeah, Shiina's a talented artist. She drew the members-only emojis for her channel, and I think she mentioned working on some art for the company as well. Her subs and viewers are pretty low when compared to a company like Hololive, but I think she's doing pretty well for a small corpo VTuber, especially when you consider that she only debuted like 3 months ago. Pippa's the only real runaway success of Phase Connect so far who manages to break 1,000 viewers pretty often now.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

the whole "breaking down barriers" thing

It also sounds way more serious and important than it really is. It's fascinating how strongly fans react to it on Twitter.

BTW, not even a day after my post, Kiara x Pomu stream was seen on Kiara's schedule. So looks like it's finally happening. I know they've been trying to make it happen for a long time.

Yeah, drawing from memory is tough. It's hard to remember all those small details, even when you see the models often. I think she did a pretty good job all things considered. 1f601.png

I've tried that myself, so can confirm it's not that easy. Even simple characters like different Pokémon or classic Nintendo characters. I've gotten pretty close with Pikachu and Kirby, but some other ones are more tough to replicate.

Her subs and viewers are pretty low when compared to a company like Hololive, but I think she's doing pretty well for a small corpo VTuber

The good thing about streamers of this size is that you can actually communicate through chat better. In Hololive, the chat looks like a zooming wall of emotes and random stuff most of the time ?. When a streamer asks for help in a game, it's not good either. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Gura has been spoiling us lately by playing both Little Nightmares games (first game) (second game) including the DLC for the first one and beating them in one go. She seemed to really like it so it's nice to see her be into a game that she winds up enjoying that isn't just a streamer bait game or something ? She also did a live reaction to the Capcom showcase. It sounds like she has more planned streamed this week along with I think an original song cover.

Fauna and Baelz continued their Halloween collabs by beating Amnesia tonight and earlier this week played Misao: Definitive Edition which I remember Shiki playing last year. They also played Fall Guys with Mumei and Haachama. Other than that Fauna played something called Dungeon Munchies and did a watchalong of Twilight with Mumei which I didn't watch but figured worth mentioning anyway ?

IRyS played The Bathhouse but because of the optimization of the game she had to play it as a png since her using her model made it lag no matter what she did. Very unfortunate. She also played Hololive Error which despite the premise it's kind of a lame game tbh since a lot of the scares are just something like Korone running around or something and it's kind of hard to find it scary when the other Hololive girls are in it. Plus I think the implication is that they bullied the ghost girl which on top of being out of character for them the idea of Korone and the others bullying some girl is more funny than anything because it's easy to picture them doing it while doing their mannerisms ? Lastly she played something called Shadow Corridor which I didn't see very much of and I found it hard to follow what was happening. The most I can recall happening is something about a black cat that got hunted down by villagers and then exploded into a nuclear explosion ?

After not watching Shiki after quite a while, I saw that she played Scorn which I kind of hope none of the Hololive or Phase Connect members do because it's a game that makes me feel really grossed out if I look at it too long. I think it's the H.R. Giger stuff which while an interesting artstyle it's for some reason one of those things I feel like I can't look at long enough or else I just lose my appetite. Plus the game doesn't really seem that great in general. But perhaps Shiki's most cataclysmic disaster of a stream came from when she played Resident Evil HD and got filtered by the controls. And I don't mean she just had a hard time getting used to them, but she barely played for 15 minutes and stopped playing because chat said it was okay to quit and turned it into a zatsu afterward. At least when IRyS played it she managed to pull through with it despite I don't think completely getting used to the controls ? On top of that though she was convinced to quit the game altogether and to move on to the remakes because they have MODERN CONTROLS . But Capcom got the last laugh because she tried refunding it but because she had the game longer than two weeks on Steam she couldn't.

But yeah to say I was disappointed is an understatement ? I mean I want to like Shiki and watch her consistently but that stream reminded me why I don't really have her on the priority of people to watch. It also makes me realize that maybe it's a good thing none of them play Devil May Cry 1 because if RE1 with the slow combat and fixed camera angles filters them then Devil May Cry with the platforming, faster and more hectic combat, along with the fixed camera angles would drive them insane. In other words it would just be the stream version of this.

_dkdAKzE_QJKy73i.jpg

But not all hope is lost when it comes to them playing older games since Airi has started The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and seems to be doing fine with it but I forget if it's something she has said she played before. She has also started Mega Man X as well. But I guess in Airi's defense she's a hag that grew up with these games and not a zoomer that didn't really play games until becoming a VTuber ? She also played Valkyria Chronicles though it seems she's streaming it a bit too early for me or at least she did today.

Shiina hasn't been doing too much on YouTube unfortunately. It seems like she has done Twitch for the most part which is really unfortunate because she's playing The Witcher 3 and Dragon's Dogma there now. But she did play more Bloodborne and played Dark Souls III today. For Bloodborne she found those bug monsters and is trying to implant the word "Bugussy" into the minds of her viewers by saying it repeatedly ?

Pippa Pipkin hasn't been able to really stream since she has been getting her PC fixed but I think she said she's going to get it back soon and do a Warthunder sponsored stream. But to make up for that, there's another stop-motion animation about her that's pretty good ?

And if anyone's curious I know the song they used at the end. I'm totally not just using this as an excuse to show that I know of some rap about Dexter's Laboratory from will.i.am.

Lastly I am still waiting on Amiya to play KOTOR II but she did make a visual novel styled video about visiting her at a coffee shop ?

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

IRyS played The Bathhouse but because of the optimization of the game she had to play it as a png since her using her model made it lag no matter what she did. Very unfortunate. She also played Hololive Error which despite the premise it's kind of a lame game tbh since a lot of the scares are just something like Korone running around or something and it's kind of hard to find it scary when the other Hololive girls are in it. Plus I think the implication is that they bullied the ghost girl which on top of being out of character for them the idea of Korone and the others bullying some girl is more funny than anything because it's easy to picture them doing it while doing their mannerisms 1f604.png Lastly she played something called Shadow Corridor which I didn't see very much of and I found it hard to follow what was happening. The most I can recall happening is something about a black cat that got hunted down by villagers and then exploded into a nuclear explosion 1f61b.png

I've been enjoying Irys's streams recently as well. The fan game Delivering Hope and the songs from the latest EP have drawn my attention and I stuck with her. Berserker in particular is a song I enjoyed a lot. 

Sadly, these horror games she played were not good ?. The Bathhouse. What is up with this game? I'm puzzled as to why so many of the members played it, perhaps it's because of lack of issues with the permission. But man, it's soooo bad. Poor Irys PC wanted to die just from running it.

Hololive error, as described by Sora, is a "beginner" horror game, which I agree with. It doesn't offer much in terms of gameplay, but at least it's not as offensively bad in other aspects as other games.

Shadow Corridor was another game that makes stuff like MADiSON look amazing in comparison. The title describes it pretty well: after a certain point in the beginning, all you do is run in barely lit corridors. It reminded me of another game she played months ago - Exit From (IIRC). When she plays stuff like this, I wonder if she wants to quit, but sticks with it to deliver a decent amount of gameplay per stream, like some kind of work ethic.

Not to say she doesn't add hours of chatting on top of that, which makes her streams even longer ?. I noticed she takes her time with viewers' messages. She finished Hololive Error in less than 2.5 hr, but then spend as much time chatting afterwards. One of the things she discusses once in a while is the status of the new model, and from the sound of it, it's a full 2.0 which is probably going to be shown in almost a re-debut. Interesting stuff, can't wait to see it.

For other streams, I checked out the HoloID x NijiEN stream, and it went well. It felt like their energy matched from the first minute, and they were having fun until the end. The viewer numbers weren't as high as you would expect though. Pomu x Kiara happened too, but I didn't watch.

I also watched Magni Dezmond's birthday streams. That Sonic song cover and karaoke were very fun. I don't know, I personally like the guy. Even the stream he did a couple of days before where he was malding in Overwatch 2 was unexpectedly entertaining. I also just learned who he was before Hololive and it made all the sense. The voice sounded familiar because I had actually watched some of his videos from the old channel. Something I can't say about any other VTuber. The only exception was the "OK, Boomer" song which was everywhere at one point and which I saw used in viral videos.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Slava said:

I've been enjoying Irys's streams recently as well. The fan game Delivering Hope and the songs from the latest EP have drawn my attention and I stuck with her. Berserker in particular is a song I enjoyed a lot.

Sadly, these horror games she played were not good 1f604.png. The Bathhouse. What is up with this game? I'm puzzled as to why so many of the members played it, perhaps it's because of lack of issues with the permission. But man, it's soooo bad. Poor Irys PC wanted to die just from running it.

Shadow Corridor was another game that makes stuff like MADiSON look amazing in comparison. The title describes it pretty well: after a certain point in the beginning, all you do is run in barely lit corridors. It reminded me of another game she played months ago - Exit From (IIRC). When she plays stuff like this, I wonder if she wants to quit, but sticks with it to deliver a decent amount of gameplay per stream, like some kind of work ethic.

Not to say she doesn't add hours of chatting on top of that, which makes her streams even longer 1f601.png. I noticed she takes her time with viewers' messages. She finished Hololive Error in less than 2.5 hr, but then spend as much time chatting afterwards. One of the things she discusses once in a while is the status of the new model, and from the sound of it, it's a full 2.0 which is probably going to be shown in almost a re-debut. Interesting stuff, can't wait to see it.

Yeah I saw some of the fan game as well. I'm not sure what kind of game genre it is but it looks fun even if it's simple ?

As for The Bathhouse it's made by the same people who did Night Delivery and such. I don't particularly mind the games myself although I feel like they all kind of play the same. You walk around and a couple creepy things happen and then a jumpscare happens at the end. So it's sort of a "you see one play it you see them all play it" kind of deal for me. I'll at least give The Bathhouse some credit to where you sort of fight the ghost although I didn't really understand what you were supposed to do.

So Shadow Corridor is another hallway sim? That's kind of lame since it looked like it could have been something like Fatal Frame. But yeah, IRyS at least tries to play it even if she doesn't love it and does make up for it with more chat interaction which is nice ?

• Like 3

Fauna's really been going all out this month with the Halloween stuff. Not just with the Month of Horrors thing she's been doing with Baelz, but she also wrote holoweEN. Only episode 1 is up right now, but it's basically a horror-themed series about the HoloEN girls in an alternate universe. It was pretty cool seeing the girls try their hand at voice acting. I liked Gura's screeching at one part which Mumei reacted to here. ?

Fauna also covered "キュートなカノジョ" which sounded appropriately spooky. And I've got to say, she's really improved her singing from when she first debuted. Both this and her original song are excellent. Really pretty artwork to go along with this one as well.

As for other girls doing stuff in the spirit of Halloween, Mumei started playing RE7. It's a game I've seen a bunch of the girls play at this point, but it's been hilarious watching her react to the stuff that happens in typical Mumei fashion. This is the part where she fought Jack, or as she calls him, Daddy Jacky. ? Here's another funny clip. Like damn, the monsters in that game should be afraid of *her*. ?

Gura has been blessing us with a lot of streams recently and they've been great. She played Trombone Champ which just suits her personality perfectly. That whole stream was gold, but I think the funniest part is when she played Hava Nagila (a Jewish folklore song) with the fart sounds. This would have gotten lesser VTubers cancelled, but Gura is just too powerful. ? She also did a watchalong for Night of the Living Dead and showed the movie on stream because it's in the public domain. I've never seen that movie before, so it was pretty cool. She also did a cooking stream last night and this clip perfectly encapsulates what a cheeky brat she is. ? ? I love it when she uses her 3D model.

IRyS is on break for like 3 weeks now, so I'll miss watching her. She did a karaoke stream as a sort of farewell stream which was nice though. Hopefully when she comes back, she'll either have her updated model, or at least be close to revealing it.

On 28/10/2022 at 7:09 AM, Slava said:

Lots of new outfits

Princess Iofi

Cyber girl Risu

Goth girl Moona

School uniform Polka

Also new hair style for Koyori

Cute 

Polka's got that gal thing going on with the new outfit which really does it for me. I want her to bully me. ?

• Like 2

Never knew there were this many VTuber enjoyers on PSNP.

I know so little Japanese so I don't really watch any of them live, but I do enjoy the clips and Korone is my favorite. I've got a 'pop up parade' figure of her. 

Edited by ID-69
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, ID-69 said:

I don't see you guys on the Discord server. 2639.png

I don't even have a Discord account ?. Never used it in my life.

12 hours ago, ID-69 said:

I know so little Japanese so I don't really watch any of them live

Thankfully, there's enough good English speaking virtual streamers that you don't have to know Japanese at all. I mainly watch Hololive EN.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2022 at 11:54 AM, VenlafaxineHead said:

I'm a 44-year-old man so this may come off as "Boomer yells at kids to stay off his lawn"....

However, the whole concept of "V-tuber" makes me really think we've become more disconnected and lonelier than ever as humans. It's honestly just genuinely sad to me. 

I'm with you man. I'm sure a decade ago the Boomers were thinking the kids were not well watching PewDiePie become the #1 YouTuber while screaming sexist and inappropriate jokes into his livestreams. Now I look at his old content and compared to some of the shit we see now, his old stuff seems more wholesome in comparison.

Now, we watch "V-Tubers" in the same vein that we've become lonely samurai living in the forests of Japan. Out to seek blood or vengeance, or retribution. I don't know. Watching these people try to play LA Noire was my call to walk out of the room.

To anyone loving the "V-Tubers", sorry guys, they just aren't for me.

The final two HoloweEN episodes were uploaded. The second one was funny because IRyS got to do a couple silly lines in it ? But they were all good even if I felt the third one ended pretty suddenly however I won't nitpick it or be harsh on it since it was written by Fauna and not like a huge budget project.

Gura got early access to the Outlast Trials thing. It's definitely something different from the other two and I assume because of the negative reception from the second game not having anything to with the first (from what I read anyway) it's a prequel to the first one I guess. I'm kind of mixed on the co-op thing but Gura seemed to enjoy it so I guess that's all that matters ? Then for Halloween she played the Faith trilogy which was new to me because I had only seen the first one so seeing the other two was cool and I like all the rotoscope effects they do throughout them for some cutscenes. I also like how the robotic voice goes "MORTIS" whenever you die ?

Shiina played more Ace Combat 7 and took pretty much the whole stream to beat Mission 12. She got pretty salty near the end and sounded like she was genuinely irritated at chat but in her defense she was getting backseaters giving her bad advice like changing controls that she said she couldn't anyway because she was using a HOTAS and to spam flares (which you can't do because you only get like two) against enemies that missile spam you. She was also probably just getting brainrot from replaying the same parts over and over. At least she managed to beat it but she's likely going to mald all over again in the later levels especially the one where you have to fly near targets to identify if they are friend or foe ?

Along with that she played more Bloodborne and left off after getting stuck on Martyr Logarius (I'll never forgive that son of a bitch for costing me like 130k Blood Echoes one time) but she's been making progress at least ? She then played Yu-Gi-Oh which I haven't played or watched since they did the Egyptian God Card stuff so a lot of the cards shown were pretty lost to me. Lastly she did another Dark Souls III stream where she played the DLC and it sounded like she also got tired from backseaters at the end as well which is a shame but at the same time the DLC bosses are also pretty rough since the one she was stuck on is like three phases you have to do if you die. God help her (and her hairline) if she tries to do Darkeater Midir and Slave Knight Gael.

• Like 4

Bae did a Bayonetta 3 endurance stream which was fun. She beat the game in about 13 hours. I tuned in a bunch of times, witnessed this scene among the rest. Looked with nothing but respect, of course.

That trombone game has produced a bunch of good clips, indeed. My favourite ones were the JP members singing national anthems of different countries. Here's Canadian Fubuki and here's Pekora getting a taste of Freedom.

HoloweEN was nice. The first episode had my favourite story, the second one had my favourite art, and in the third one I liked Kronii's voice acting. Cool project ?.

Risu is back with NNN, so I'm checking her channel for short videos every day. This year, she has her 3D model to play around with.

And finally, been enjoying Vesper Noir recently. This dude is a giant nerd and a memer, and I'd listen to his stories all day. Actually, I did spent a couple of hours one time just watching clips of him telling fun stories. 

Edit: forgot one thing. The animated short of Ina vs Myth is finally done and uploaded on YouTube. It's called Myth's Bad Ending. You've probably seen fragments of it before. I have too, but the whole thing is still impressive:

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

I mostly just watched Mumei and Pippa this past week since IRyS is still on break and Fauna took some time off because her cat Clover died. Thankfully, she seems to be doing better now and is planning on streaming later today. Gura's been a bit absent again, but she did play that Katamari Damacy REROLL game last night which I saw most of. It looks like a lot of the Hololive girls are jumping on that game because of some weird permissions stuff where they only have a limited amount of time to play it. I also have Gura's RE8 Shadows of Rose stream I still need to catch up on. I could't watch it live because I hadn't played it myself at the time and wanted to avoid spoilers.

But speaking of Resident Evil, Mumei played RE7 a couple of times this week, and we got the thrilling conclusion to her playthrough last night. It was a bit anticlimactic though because she skipped the ending cutscenes in a panic because she didn't know if she was allowed to show it on stream. I'm pretty sure she got it mixed up with that new RE8 DLC, but oh well. ? Out of all the VTubers I've watched play RE7, her playthrough has been my favourite. Her reactions to the things that happen are just priceless. ? It also revealed her biggest fear. All the other terrors in that game didn't faze her one bit, it was the popping balloons that got her in the end. ? That and she managed to jumpscare herself at one point. ?

Mumei also did the much anticipated sequel to her rant stream where she complained about about things from group projects to family members who critique her driving. I love the transitions she did. When she wasn't ranting, there would be calm music and relaxing imagery, but when she did start ranting, there would be some heavy metal music playing and the screen would be surrounded by fire. ?

Her and Kronii continued their We Were Here Forever playthrough. There were some funny moments that came out of that, but I think my favourite bit was when Mumei went to an "Idol Meeting" and told Kronii to entertain chat while she was gone. She was being a bit of a goofy goober though and used it as an opportunity to move her model next to Kronii's and just silently watched her try to tell jokes. The expressions she made were too cute. ? Mumei also did the 2nd part to her little mini series where she draws the HoloEN members from memory. So without looking up any references. Well, that's what it was supposed to be anyway, but I guess she got bored of doing that and decided to draw Gura as a toothbrush. ? She drew Ina normally, but then she drew Calli as money. I guess that's her ADHD brain at work. ?

5sVY07t.png

As for Pippa, her streams are consistently entertaining. There were the "react" type streams like her looking at the worst-looking mansions up for sale, scary/cool rides and attractions at theme parks, and the exotic pets people have. She also played Sonic Frontiers and HATED it, which pissed off some Sonic fans, but it's not her fault their standards are so low. ? Like seriously, that game looks like total ass, and I know if I played it myself, I'd lose interest as quickly as she did. I think she ended up refunding the game since she got it on Steam. ? She also did an epic rant about the state of modern video games at the end of that stream which I wholeheartedly agreed with. Other gaming streams she did this week were Big Buck Hunter and FPS Phantom Forces which is some game in Roblox. That stream was amusing though because it was MLG themed and had all the sound effect you would expect from that type of content. ? She also talked about how she used to make MLG compilations back in the day which is just funny to think about.

Oh, and this was like 10 days ago now, but since @Redgrave didn't mention it in his last post, Pippa also did a watchalong of The Amazing Mr. X with the movie playing on screen since it's in the public domain. So basically like what Gura did with Night of the Living Dead. It was really cool though and I got more invested in the movie than I expected to. She also started watching White Zombie, but there was some YouTube fuckery going on, so she ended up finishing that one on Twitch. It was really late for me at that point anyway, so I only watched the first movie.

And here's Pippa proving that the Sonic universe is hot chick heaven by rating the girls. ?

• Like 2

On 11/12/2022 at 0:18 PM, Undead Wolf said:

She also played Sonic Frontiers and HATED it, which pissed off some Sonic fans, but it's not her fault their standards are so low. 1f61b.png Like seriously, that game looks like total ass, and I know if I played it myself, I'd lose interest as quickly as she did. I think she ended up refunding the game since she got it on Steam. 1f606.png

Oh, and this was like 10 days ago now, but since @Redgrave didn't mention it in his last post,

Usually prefer not to cite critics, but if multiple high stature ones are saying this game is at least good (including the mixed ones), then no our standards aren't "so low". ? Seriously, you don't actually know that: a universal point made in hindsight is that you especially cannot judge it purely from watching videos—let alone ones from people playing it hor_ren_dou_sly, like Pinkin Pippa—because a common development arc with skeptical people going into the game is their preconceived notions being disproven or not as bad as they assumed after actually playing it. Only way you know you'd lose interest as quickly as her is if it's not your type of game and/or you approach it similarly to her. Whom btw stated not dislike but "hate Sonic games" in general.

What I noticed wasn't mentioned is how many self-claimed non-Sonic fans in the comment section criticized her legitimately awful take on the game. (She also went out of her way to find issues, and explicitly said things like "I wanna break this game".) And her own supporters acknowledged and criticized her hotter takes on various other non-Sonic topics (including BotW and XB), ignorance on them (one of many including a claim Jim Carrey is voicing Eggman in-game lol), and overall weird behavior in that video.

You know, Vtuber Korone is a huge Sonic fan. Clearly best Vtuber girl. She's like one of the top popular ones too right? Does she have "so low" standards too? The answer doesn't matter ultimately; it'd just be interesting. 

Edited by EcoShifter
Since we're doing links, I put some in my words
  • Like 1

@EcoShifter

Are you actually searching every forum for people mentioning Sonic Frontiers?

1 hour ago, EcoShifter said:

you especially cannot judge it purely from watching videos

This is a giant lie. Yes you can. A person with enough gaming experience can tell a lot about a game by watching a video. 

1 hour ago, EcoShifter said:

Korone

You clearly didn't watch her Sonic Frontiers stream. It was a bit hard to watch. She spent a lot of time on one boss because it's horribly designed, she kept bumping into things that shouldn't even be in the way or flying through solid objects:

https://youtu.be/WE8sLu5JKhg?t=3800

https://youtu.be/WE8sLu5JKhg?t=3969

https://youtu.be/WE8sLu5JKhg?t=4102

The most fun she had during that stream was when she was punching rocks:

https://youtu.be/WE8sLu5JKhg?t=4253

I'm not even focusing on stuff like graphics because whatever, although the horrible pop-in even on PS5 and visual artifacts like disappearing reflections would be called unacceptable if it was any other AAA game:

https://youtu.be/WE8sLu5JKhg?t=5838

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

On 11/13/2022 at 9:45 AM, Slava said:

This is a giant lie. Yes you can. A person with enough gaming experience can tell a lot about a game by watching a video. 

No it's not a lie. No you can't. A game needs to be played to be judged properly. You'd think decades of gaming with spontaneous experiences of us trying out games we judged beforehand then blew our expectations away or surprised us, would make such an obvious point common sense. Or people being let down by their go-to reviewer that they trust because they assumed their view would always match theirs after playing it themselves.

Supreme polish doesn't equate to great games all the time (The Order 1886), and janky/unpolished games aren't always bad and are among some of the best (Bethesda's games). I can hardly take this argument seriously.

You clearly didn't watch her Sonic Frontiers stream. It was a bit hard to watch. She spent a lot of time on one boss because it's horribly designed, she kept bumping into things that shouldn't even be in the way or flying through solid objects:

https://youtu.be/WE8sLu5JKhg?t=3800

https://youtu.be/WE8sLu5JKhg?t=3969

https://youtu.be/WE8sLu5JKhg?t=4102

What a red herring. That has nothing to do with my point. The point is that Korone is a Sonic fan and enjoys his games.

None of those points matter anyway, because things like a poorly designed boss, clipping, and all that type of stuff is common in all video games whether you personally experience them or not, see them in videos or not. I can easily link videos of similar problems and more with TLOU (comment section supports these) and TLOU2 (I have over 10 videos on my flashdrive of glaring technical issues from graphics to A.I. to physics in TLOU2 I encountered organically) or any game. So let's not blow this out of proportion just because it's easy and "cool" to hate on Sonic.

The most fun she had during that stream when she was punching rocks:

https://youtu.be/WE8sLu5JKhg?t=4253

Find a quote for me when she actually said that. 

Even if she did say that, considering her personality, it would very likely be a joke.

I'm not even focusing on stuff like graphics because whatever, although the horrible pop-in even on PS5 and visual artifacts like disappearing reflections would be called unacceptable if it was any other AAA game:

https://youtu.be/WE8sLu5JKhg?t=5838

That's a really complicated matter that im not going to get into. (Short vers: The engine wasn't designed for a game of this scale, which grew more and more after playtesting feedback, and as usual Sonic's troublesome high-speeds.) As I said before, these issues exist in all games, including critically acclaimed, from Borderlands to BotW to TLOU2. You conveniently ignore the overwhelming biases and varying tolerance levels that people show towards games problems depending on personal-enjoyment/its-quality in other places. 

Anyone can cherrypick flaws from a game, especially when you aren't playing it and don't like the franchise. You're more observant of in-game details when you're not physically involved, hence why playing games is an objectively necessary factor in judging a game fully. Meanwhile, it's cool that the game has an approval from the tech analyzing channel Digital Foundry despite inevitable in-game flaws. Who is more credible here, forum commenters who dislike Sonic and haven't played this game spouting/documenting flaws the moment they see them in videos, or an experienced tech analyst and who actually played the game that considers it really good nonetheless?

Edited by EcoShifter
links to my naked lines agai..