VTuber Megathread

Ryudi1998

@Slava@Redgrave Breaking news out of Japan tonight (major enough news for me to get out of bed and hop on here to post after seeing it pop up on Reddit via my cell phone while trying to fall asleep).

Hololive has terminated the contract for member Yozora Mel effective immediately due to allegations of inside information from Hololive being leaked to third parties by Mel. See the full statement in the spoiler tab and check the tweets below (statements from Cover, YAGOO, A-Chan, and Fubuki):

Spoiler

Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Announcement Regarding Termination of Contract with Yozora Mel

We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your continuous support of hololive production.
We regret to announce that as of January 16th, 2024, we have terminated our Virtual YouTuber
Master Agreement with Yozora Mel of hololive.

It has been confirmed that Yozora Mel has been engaging in acts that violated her contract by
leaking information to third parties that she acquired from the company. As a result, we have
determined that it has become difficult to continue managing and supporting her and have elected
to make this decision.

To all our fans and partners, we deeply appreciate all of the great support you have provided
throughout the activities that Yozora Mel has engaged in over a period of 5 years and 8 months
since her debut as part of the first generation of hololive. It is with regret that we must report this
matter in spite of the long-standing activities of Yozora Mel. We sincerely apologize for the
information we are providing at this time.

We will be closing Yozora Mel’s YouTube channel and membership by the end of February 2024.
We are taking this matter very seriously, and we intend to make further efforts into instructing our
affiliated talents on compliance matters, so that similar incidents do not happen again in the future.
We hope for your continued support and patronage of the talents of hololive production, as well
as our company.

Thank you

Shirakami Fubuki is hosting an special stream at the top of the hour (midnight PST, 3AM EST) where members from the first generation of Hololive will deliver a message to the fans in light of Mel's immediate termination. The stream video can be found below:

Yozora-Mel_pr-img_05-960x1440.png

Edited by The Arizona Ranger
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, The Arizona Ranger said:

Hololive has terminated the contract for member Yozora Mel effective immediately due to allegations of inside information from Hololive being leaked to third parties by Mel.

Bruh

Edit: I think Fubuki's stream will be the same as the one Pekora did after Rushia was fired. They'll reiterate the information, then say "Don't worry, no one else is leaving" and "I know it's sad, but we'll keep doing our best, please support us".

But yeah. Very unexpected.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

Well, shit...

Even though she wasn't my favorite Hololiver, I did enjoy watching some of her content every now and then.

(most of the time I'm busy watching Miko, Botan, Moona, Ina.)

But to get terminated immediately like Rushia, that is quite a big fuck-up.

Although I have a feeling it might have been less serious than with Rushia.

(Rushia didn't get a sweet goodbye, where Mel does.)

Maybe it would be a good thing to sit down with all the girls and properly talk about the do's and don't?

One time, it can happen.

Two times, that means that either something is unclear in the rules or that they don't know about it.

I wish Mel all the best though.

She has always been a sweetheart, but she also an adult... so these are the consequences of her own actions.

I wish her luck in her next venture.

• Like 3

I didn't watch Mel apart from a couple of the big collabs she was in but it's still sad to see someone from the first generation go like that. I hope she does well wherever she goes next.

14 hours ago, Justt--JD-- said:

Maybe it would be a good thing to sit down with all the girls and properly talk about the do's and don't?

One time, it can happen.

Two times, that means that either something is unclear in the rules or that they don't know about it.

I'm sure they are told what to do but I guess we won't really know what Mel exactly leaked out and why. To me it doesn't really make sense for someone that has been with them so long to just leak stuff on purpose to hurt the company intentionally, so I hope that at best she told people she thought she could trust like close friends that wound up taking advantage of that or she got caught some other way.

• Like 3

It looks like Palworld is the new streamer gimmick game for the month. And just when I started to understand Lethal Company too.

Biboo played Hotline Miami which is the second time since Tenma I've seen someone stream it. I think she got one of the endings or at least did beat it. It's also a funny coincidence she decided to play Sekiro too after I beat it though she's doing a Charmless and Bell Demon challenge run so she's braver than I. This basically means that on top of the gaming being harder from the Bell Demon she has to get perfect deflects or else she will get chip damage from attacks even if she blocks. Thankfully I didn't have to have the Demon Bell on for very long and the only way Kuro was getting that charm back is if he pried it from Wolf's dead prosthetic fingers. But yeah, she was stuck on Gyoubu Oniwa for quite a while and somehow managed to keep her composure :P Perhaps she already knew of "Master your emotions, master the game" that I tried doing as best as possible. Lord help her for Owl Father and Isshin. And while unofficial, Ludokano made Bury the Cringe based off parts she sang of Bury the Light

I saw Subaru played Street Fighter 6 for a bit and continued Yakuza 5 doing Haruka's part of the story and I think she beat Akiyama's. That was pretty much it for Hololive for this week.

Erina played some kind of rizz simulator game but most of the characters just wind up looking at the screen very uncomfortably. I think Tenma was doing a punishment stream so she ate some dirt, crunchy minerals, and a picture of The Rock. Lastly Amiya played some classic kart racing games and more MGS2.

• Like 2